Should I trade in my s2000 for a focus rs?

Should I trade in my s2000 for a focus rs?

The s2000 is more fun to drive.... Though, the rs is more practical and safer and insurance is actually cheaper.

I just have a girlfriend, but I have no way to transport anything. I could also get a beater and keep my s2000, but the beater would be less safe and boring to drive all winter.

Then get a cheapper slightly used hothatch then.
For example a FiST or FoST if you need more space

No, keep the S2000. You'll regret selling it if you do

Forgot to say: Dont sell the s2k, you'll regret it. Shits appreciating to stupid prices and so many get abused by boy racers. If you sell it there's practically a nonexistent chance of going back in the future.

People are trading in their RS's here within the first year

A few due to lemon laws, and most of them because the car is awful to drive everyday. Apparently the ride is rock hard, and the seats are also uncomfortable as fuck

I mean, I really like the car and all. It's a 2005 and has 59,000 miles, my s2000 that is.

I could keep both, but it's pricey. I eventually wanted to buy an rx7 to replace my s2000. Sucks living in the north with the snow. It's not driving in it, but keeping the rust off of it.

Seems like the consensus is leaning towards keeping the s2k though.

Well, I mean the s2000s seats are kinda comfy. I thought the rs had comfy seats.

And the ride of the rs is definitely not more stiff than the s2000 in my opinion.

MRS bro here

take the passenger seat out. dont be a pussy

Yes, but I have people who accompany me from time to time....

keep the s2000, put in storage, hide it from the wife. You'll want it back in a few years.

The RS is an $36,000 niche car. In the meantime just get some used econobox like a honda fit or prius. 1/3 the cost for the same function.

It honestly just seems like all you really need is a grocery getter. Seriously just look for a slightly used hothatch thats within your budget. I can't see it being more expensive in the long run, considering it should end up being at least half the price as the RS and even cheaper insurance than it.
Its your money desu, do your own math and homework. But I'm just saying you'll really regret selling the s2k for a hothatch jus tbecause you needed some space.

Fuckkk that. I couldn't bear driving mom and dad cars for 3-4 months a year.

ecoboost is a meme
buy civic type R :)

>0-60 in 5.8 seconds

But boy racers are OK?

Don't trade in your S2000.
Buy an older WRX hatchback. It will do well in the winter and be substantially more practical. You can even do some easy modifications if you want it to be quick. Those drivetrains will take up to 300whp happily.
A downpipe, uppipe, catback, and intake along with a tune will put you around 250whp which is very quick.
With a TMIC upgrade, larger injectors, and a turbo upgrade, you can easily hit that 300whp mark, and let me tell you, that's no joke.

You can probably find a WRX hatch around you for under $5000. You can find a super clean "low mile" one for under $8000.

take the seat out when you need to carry stuff, and then put the seat back in when youre done

If you want all wheel low end torque and uncompromising every day performance go with the RS. If you want endless revs and rear wheel drive, buy the beater and keep the S2K.

I may do this, but a quick search and everything is $10,000 or more in my area for a wrx.

I don't want to drop $10,000 of cash. $5,000 is fine though. Where are these wrx's for cheap at? I mean there was one with 183,000 miles for $5000

keep the s2000. there's nothing else like it on the market and there won't be ever again. the focus rs is a meme and will die quietly.

people are fucking stupid
>let me buy a car and not do my research
I'm sure it's just a bunch of normal fucks who thought it was just a higher trim Focus. fucking retards

Insurance cheaper on FWD hatch than sports car? what a shocker.

The WRX is also proper 4wd not the mainly FWD GKN copy of Haldex's traction system.

That IS all it is.

Keep the S2K, buy a practical daily shitbox for a few grand. The Focus RS is massively overrated and you'll regret selling the S2000 for it.

Don't kid yourself, it's a tarted up focus.

The only thing you should sell an S2000 for is an NSX.

I'm aware that's all it is but they don't read how it has stiff springs or Recaro seats so when their fatasses sit down they go
>UGH WHY ARE THESE SEATS SO TIGHT
>UGH IT'S SO BUMPY AND HARSH ON ME
>UGH THIS ISN'T WHAT I PAID FOR
And then trade it in.

You could try to find a Saab 92x aero, same drivetrain and can be had for cheaper than a regular wrx

I doubt that's what's happening.
More likely it's they think they can deal with the harsh ride, but find out they can't.

I guess either way it's a car for real enthusiasts who don't mind a harsh ride because they know it's purpose not some faggot who just wants it for A to B purposes

The s2000 is an appreciating asset at this point. Don't sell it!

>he care about 0-60

For a "hot hatch" that's supposed to compete with the sti, focus rs, and golf r, yes it matters.

the civic type r is an even bigger meme

This. If you sell the S2k you must be retarded

pro-tip: even race cars have softer suspension than the rs.

I find that hard to believe. My suspension is stiff as fuck on the s2k. Then again, that:s with two way adjustable coils.

on most tracks you want compliance to soak up the bumps and keep the wheel in contact with the pavement. if the suspension is too stiff it can bounce and lose contact.

Nigger, where? Aero is a unicorn

What if I kept my s2000 and bought the focus RS, or should I just buy a beater WRX?

Basically I just want something practical, fun, and safe to daily drive and go on road trips with. My s2000 is too heavily modded towards autocross for me to continue daily driving it.

I had a miata which some roastie bitch hit me and totaled it, and that was my daily driver. Walked away with just a broken ankle, which is good for a 40mph head on collision in a 97 miata.

I just don't want to feel like I'm wasting $36,000...

get a used WRX, man. You don't need to have two fast/fun cars. If I were you, I would even consider something more boring like a Forester.

Keep the S2k at all costs.

Get an STI instead. Faster to 60, 100 and 1/4 mile. More raw and ridiculous on the road.

There's a thread on here right now about a guy who went with the STI over the RS after driving them both.