Tell me about old land cruisers

Tell me about old land cruisers.
Why shouldn't I buy one?

Extremely overpriced meme SUV

>muhhh it's old so izz goooddest!!

Saw one on the street today and thought it looked cool. I mainly stay in the /dbt/ so I missed this meme, I guess.

If you can find one that isn't fully rusted out, expect to pay a rice tax.

Also, they're big, heavy, under-powered, and love to use fuel.

Don't fall for the Toyota reliability meme either. They do break and have a lot of maintenance items that owners usually neglect.

Is there a "don't fall for the meme" meme?

A real offroader with a gearbox slow enough. No hilux shit here.

Wait, the hilux a shit?

WAS THAT A MEME TOO?

Yes, and you just fell for it.

LJ ***Land Cruiser***

A Hilux in disguise

There isn't a single car you can post on Veeky Forums where 10 retards who probably don't even own a car won't show up and tell you it's an overpriced shitbox. Buy what you like.

My first car was a 78' FJ40 that I still drive regularly. Pic related but we have the hard top on now. When I was able to take it off-road it was a lot of fun and provided me some quality time with my father.

Now it's just become a fun vehicle to drive on the road and has sparked my interest in restoring older vehicles.

I can also say that I've seen friends daily drive FJ 60s and 80s with great success. If you find one that suits your needs they can be a great ride.

The 70 series are ultra-legit not counting LJ70s.

J50, 60, 80, 100, 200 series are big comfy SUV landbarges

J90, 120, 150 being somewhere in-between.

Even here in Toyota land they carry a serious premium over other vehicles.

I can ship over a clean American pickup with a barrel full of parts and spare engine, pay all the environmental taxes for the engine size and vehicle class, throw an extra $1000 in there for fuel for a year and it still would be cheaper than simply shaking someone's hand for their beat up non-running landcruiser

civic for 3k

Overpriced shitbox

Fucking this. Just buy domestic

Because it gets its ass handed to it by Subarus of the time, yet sucks down twice as much gas for about the same amount of power.

LC70 is abovegod

Extreme Toyota tax