Which compact truck is best compact truck?

which compact truck is best compact truck?

s10

1st gen Tacoma

S10 is nice if you have a basic trim, or can deal with the old plastic rotting off.
Ranger is the in-between for American and Japanese compact trucks (apply this to Mazda variant as well)
Taco is good if you find one with a clean underbody

Syclone.

1st gen tacoma or nissan hard body

s10s are trash

motherfuckin' mitsubishi mighty max.

I don't get why this board has such a hardon for small trucks

>get a wheezing, underpowered 4 banger or get a 6 cyl that has marginally better fuel economy than a full size but is infinitely less useful

lets see small trucks are

>better offroad
>easier to drive
>cheaper to run and maintain

trucks arent supposed to be fast

a million mexican drywallers can't be wrong

my 4.3l v6 s10

>2wd
>shortbed single cab
>rides like a donkey but corners and drifts well for a truck

its like a sporty truck. just as fast as a 5.3l silverado

>Pulling out in traffic on a wet road

I had a GMC Canyon with the 3.7 inline 5 cylinder engine. Loved it! Great gas mileage, decent towing, full can for the cronies. The 5 cylinder has great pickup too. The downside was the retarded 4 wheel select system, and it was a 2012 with no aux port for the radio.

After living briefly in a structure built by Mexicans I can assure you that they can indeed be very wrong about a great many things.

is this even a question?

any gen ranger

literally best truck ever made

squarebody s10 a best

Because there's a simple dilemma.
What do you do when you want a truck for its utility, offroad capability and cargo bed, but don't want a fullsize? Well, you buy a compact, but you can't do that in America anymore.
(I myself spent months looking for a decent S10, Ranger, Bronco II or Blazer in a place where they should be common. Had to settle with a fullsize chevy.)

S10 zr2

Defender 90.

Are Rangers good?

I've heard you can drift in the RWD ones.

This

>meanwhile in Australia

For their warranty period. Then replace.

yota pickup

Bogan mobile. Completely useless as anything other than a burnout mobile, or for moving mattresses/leaving tradies' tools in a place they can easily be stolen from.

>bogan mobile
>that costs $50,000

>Implying cashed-up bogans don't exist
Fucking bricklayers are earning $100 an hour.

The cars I have owned include...
>Diahatsu Feroza
>Suzuki Carry
>Suzuki Jimny flatdeck
>Ford courier single cab

Dont fall for the compact truck meme, I did and it annoyed me for 20 years. Go single cab with a big tray and a toolbox.

Imagine being this butthurt

Thanks for that by the way, thanks to your fucked up economy I was able to have my house payed off by the time I was 26. Now I work 4 hours a day and shitpost and masterbate for the rest.

I highly doubt it but maybe the 4.0s could
And all rangers are rwd I've had mine for 5 years and it's been nothing but good to me
I got a 3.0 even though it's slightly more powerful then the 4banger, the 3.0s are very dependable because they are just a simple pushrod engine
The 4.0s have decent power around 220 I think but are know for problems around 150,000 miles
But rangers in general are a good platform you can do alot to them, it's really common to see rangers with 5.0s in them and I'm positive you've seen rangers pre runnered out. If you get the right year you can find parts galore just do some research
R u dumb

they no doubt have the last gen which is only 10k but no fucking bogan is driving around in a 50k+ car.

Imagine being able to drive anywhere other than the tarmac.

Some rangers are 4WD / AWD as far as I know.
I have a 4.0 2010 ranger.

same dude. got a 98 ranger and it makes me cream my pants every time I start it up

But it's not like you can't take it off 4x4

I personally like the Explorer Sport Trac, mine has served me pretty well so far. The only thing I'd change is the 4ft bed, but thats pretty negligible considering it's a crew cab.

They drive around in riced up skylines so whats the difference?

Im all for offroading as a hobby. But lets be honest mate, how much offroad capabilities do you need. 2 years ago I worked on a dairyfarm that used fucking Ravs, be honest. If youre a tradie you dont need much.

I've done beach driving in a two-door Rav. Granted, it was manual and I just revved the shit out of her in 1st, but she did well.

Still, would never give up my Defender. It's constant work, but I love it.

I was referring the user talking about drifting in a ranger
But it being a off road truck it would be ok with out 4x4 you'd just need a limited slip rearend and you'd do pretty decent but of your looking for a full on offroading truck there very capable with the vast amount of modifications for them

How are those things
A dealership tried to sell me one when i was looking for my ranger but it felt so cheap to me
Plus that bed was extermly tiny

Like I said, I like mine, and would definitely take it over a ranger any day of the week. What price were they trying to sell it at? Usually I see them around here for around 5k, I'm not sure how much they're trying to sell it for in your case. The 4WD is pretty solid, and the interior is super comfy imo. Also, its a really easy truck to work on. All the work I've done to mine, I've done myself (besides an engine swap), and it's been going strong since. the only downside is that the fuel economy isn't as good as the ranger, but the sport trac is heavier, so thats a given.

This picture just shows how monstrously oversized American pickups have become.

That Ram doesn't look tough or muscular - it looks obese, bloated, bulbous. It is a thousand times too big and heavy for anything that 99% of its owners will ever do with it.

I used to think that the Ranger was the best, followed by the Tacoma. And only because here in the South Ontario market $4000 buys you a mint 4x4 4.0 Ranger while it buys you a 300K KM rusted out Tacoma, pretty much only going cheaper if it has a cracked frame or blown out something in the drive train. I figured the Frontier was trash and that the S10 was a shitbox because of stories I heard about unmaintained Blazers driven by soccer moms. Then I bought my S10 on impulse and I fucking love it. The interior rattles kinda suck though. And I still have to drive my brothers 2007 Ranger FX4 LVL2 that he's been beating the shit out of with 95% work truck stuff and the rest offroad for 9 years, and only had to replace a bunch of annoying shit.

>2002 S10 LS ext cab 4.3L auto
>2WD open diff
>3 owners with 82,000KM
>surface rust on frame under bed but nowhere else

Do wish I had a crew cab though. And for the money I paid for this I could have gotten a ZR2 or a 4x4 crew cab. One day I really want to build a crew cab 6ft bed 4x4 ZR2 clone S10.

With my shitty walmart tires I only use for burnouts this is impossible.

I never liked them but proably cause I'm a die hard ranger fan boy but they were trying to sell on about 5 years ago for about 11 grand and the interior was pretty bad along with the paint
It was a crew cab and I just couldn't get over how small the bed was

Yeah, the bed still kinda gets to me too, but like I said, thats my only real gripe about it. I have an F150 I use for hauling, I only really use the bed as a shooting platform, which its pretty good at. They are pretty decent at towing in my experience. I couldn't imagine paying 11k for one though, thats insane. I got mine for 3.5k 3 years ago, and I thought that was kinda steep.

Maybe if you like your truck to fold into a taco

Early 00's ranger

>lifted 4x4 diesel quad cab Ram
>vs stock height 2WD single cab sqaure body S10

Not disagreeing with you, just saying. Park that s10 next to a fullsize Chevy or dodge of the same year and it would look just as small.

And yeah, squarebody S10 > aero S10

>TFW my s10 was taken from me

Yeah it was a shitbox, but it was MY Shitbox.

Subaru BRAT

They don't make zr2 in crew cabs.

Mighty maaaaaaax

Anyone have a smaller truck?

The """handbrake""" is foot operated so doubtful for drifting

97 S10 short everything.
The 2.2l I4 was the only sensibly made consumer engine Chevy ever made and the cab is comfy, yet roomy. The bed is just long enough for the Manlet driving it to throw on a bedcap and live in, and there's a cool ashtray mechanism.

If the transmission lasts pulling out of your driveway

Mines lasted 250k sooo

Cyclone/Typhoon a best

>Literally nobody posting this god machine
Just hit 200k miles on this bad bitch, literally a godsend right here.

Damn right

Well drifting is mainly done through powering over so there is no need for using the E brake.

>I need my truck to be the size of a bus

ZR2 clone so a welded boxed and lengthened frame with ZR2 fender flares and rear axle and different front end parts to widen it.
>tfw no $500 ZR2 parts truck has showed up in my city yet.

My old FWD Impala had a foot parking brake that was a push down to engage push down again to disengage design. If you were fast enough 9 out of 10 times while doing snow doriftos it worked.

Mine is comfier than any "Luxury" car I've ever been in. The seats and suspension are perfect. That hinged ash tray thing under the dash must have fucked a previous owner over a few times since the carpet under is fucked so I just used the window.

My nigga
My 2015 GT Stang is wider than my S15

>Never talk to me or my son ever again

Agreed, those transphobic cis-sexist bigots don't even tolerate 8 year olds transitioning gender!

>Subaru BRAP

Japanese way is the best way. Nissan D21/Hardbody

Not in places in North America with winter and salt. Most of those rusted away within 5 years from the factory. Same with the Datsuns before them.

where does one locate a compact truck? i can't find a damn one of em so i'm stuck with this hunk of junk

also, i've noticed that parked next to todays "midsized" trucks, they're about the same size or even larger.

Cl
Go to auto
On the filters choose pickup truck 4 cyl and manual
That's how i got this for $800 81k miles

damn son, that's clean as shit especially for 800$, hope i can get as lucky as you finding something like that

patrician spotted

It's pretty good. Did spend 300 bucks sealing a manifold leak but it was able to pass smog. Other than that I just have a cracked alternator bracket but I'll get it welded one of these days. It's slow as shit but I love driving this thing.

I've never seen a rusted D21, but instead a lot of Sentra B13 like the one on the left of the pic has rear rotten fenders after a few years.

I've had no trouble out accelerating any stock S10 with my 251k mile Ranger. Colorados barely compete. Rangers are coming back in the next couple years due to demand. Hmm, I say Ranger.

I had a 2002 4.8 Silverado ext. Cab and it was way faster than my friends manual 4.3 S10.

xploerer spprt trac count?

Aww yisss

I love this meme! Mine has over 200k miles and I live in the oceanfront. This includes driving on the beach and in salty water...yet no issues.

Internet you so funny

As a GM fanboy, Datsun pickups.
Courier/Luv/D50 and their Japanese counterparts all get honorable mentions as well, especially the Luv.

Are you telling me you think a selling point for a small truck is acceleration?

I-it's just a meme guys!

Thank you for your valuable opinion, friend :)

? go fast

>it looks obese, bloated, bulbous.

So it is actually true to the American spirit?

D A N G E R R A N G E R

>Not putting in an aftermarket head unit

Yep. Got a 2004 FX4 Level 2. That thing is a blast.

I can in mine. 4.0L 5spd with 4.10s in the rear end and a Torsen LSD with very little preload.

But it is only 4WD when you turn 4WD on (or shift into 4WD if you have a manual T case).

tfw America will never have the Yute
>Feelsbadmate.png

Move aside.

I wish I could find a baja

240sx's are so overpriced and beat to shit in my area that i am considering buying a D21 and turning it into a drift missile, should i go through with it or just save up for a 240?