/mg/ - Miata General: late night cruise edition

Post Miatas

Other urls found in this thread:

gromaudio.com/store/aux1_adapters/mazda_02-08_auxiliary_input_adapter_kit.html
jimellismazdaparts.com/products/Mazda/1992/Miata/SOCKET-LEFT-L/1898896/N00151165A.html
youtube.com/watch?v=41Dp7Q-SM1Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fixed leak coming from below the rain rail with a shit load of silicone and gorilla tape. gonna give her a thorough wash tomorrow

6 speed nb8b with a 3.6 rear (Stock in ausland)

Bought a 3.9 torsen, thinking of selling and getting a 4.3 torsen though. What does Veeky Forums think?

Koni yellows on the way.
Might put my GV front lip on if the weather is ok.

ded general

Where's the most patrician location for the front license plate on an ND? The default position makes it look like an overbite and my state doesn't let me put it on the dash.

dude weed lmao

check 'em

I want a miata so bad but im 6'7 and afraid I'll look like a retard, read that bolting seats to the floor might help? Any experience?

Changed rear caliper on one side and it feels like the other one is dragging too. I bet vibrations from rear wont be solved with new caliper. Life is suffering.

>bolting to the floor
the seat's angle will be fucked if you do that. Buy some side mounts and get a seat with the side holes. You can have it touching the floor with these and you can "adjust" them

>trip
>gets trips

penis

It used to be so active

Vibration while applying the brakes is gonna be your rotors, not the calipers. By the way you should always replace brake parts in pairs

it doesn't help that the picture I posted for the OP is dark af

where in Florida is that? pascofag here

talk me out of of selling my mr2 turbo and buying a na miata

is the mr2 clean?

hmm, I took a very similar picture.

it mostly clean and has a shit ton of upgrades.

Why would you do that?

>shit ton of upgrades
>clean

sell it and find a clean NA. clean 1.8s are hard to find so get a clean 1.6 and swap a vvt engine in later. vvt engines are going for $600 right now, they're insanely cheap

I'm from west palm

Post pics

reeeee there are no car people here in west florida, just old coffin dodgers

>clean
HAHAHAHAHAHA

GV lip done

Definitely get rid of it.

Damn I'm a huge sucker for that lip.

Had to significantly raise my ride height to run it, but I'm okay with it now. 50$ off ebay and fits great

Back when Veeky Forums liked my Miata before I riced it.

The sticky's list of cars ends the miata year at 1991, and there is a 1990 one for sale nearby. What are the major differences or problems for the 1990?

14x7 rpf1? what offset?

+19 with 185/60 tires.

Turns out that tinting is hard.

How close are they to flush? Rolled fenders?
Considering those or the 15x8 ones

>VVTs cheap

Nigga I haven't seen a longblock/headers/loom/intake 1.8 for sale in NZ for a year, let alone a VVT. Goddamnit.

USA USA USA

Sold them about 2 years ago, but I never had any issues with fitment. The fenders weren't rolled at that point but they still didn't rub the fenders or fender liners. I'd definitely go with the 15x8 over the 14x7. Way better looking fitment and way more tire options. I currently have different wheels that are 15x8s in the front and 15x8.5s in the rear, both with 195/50s. Front and back are rolled and the front fender liners are trimmed a bit.

Looking for maximum width and offset with minimal tire stretch. thinking 205/50/15 on 15x8 +28

Also dont mind rolling and pullling the fuck outta my fenders, just no stretch

After the 14x7 +19 RPF1s I went to 15x7 +25 Equip 03s with 205/50s. Didn't even risk driving the car without rolling the quarters first(pic related). The fronts weren't too bad. They just needed a little trimming on the fender liner. My car is a few inches lower than stock, so I'm not sure how the fitment would be at factory ride height.

Oh my car is Was considering work equip 40s for a while but I can't justify getting 3 piece wheels and not going wide as fuck/low offset. Seems a waste to run bling wheels in "usable" fitment
My old car and the reason I hate stretch, felt like such a waste on a performance car

If you don't mind rolling/pulling, you might be okay. I'm good with 15x8.5 +14 in the rear, but that's because my tires have a slight stretch. Not too sure how well 205s will fit, but I'd assume you'll be fine. Your wheels would be 1/2" skinnier than mine, plus an extra 14mm of offset.

anyone redpill me on ND Miata transmission issues? I'm getting a 2016 soon used. Will it asplode? Poduction was feb 2016.

im only a fool for you

>Stickers
Fuckin gay.

also, would I be covered by factory warranty buying from a private seller?

what about rx7 seats
not sure but they might fit better

People still use satnavs?

i fell for the meme

I need help deciding between a Miata, a fox body, and a c4 corvette. What do you guys think I should get? I wanted to get a car that would be fun on the road and possibly used for a few track days.

I was initially thinking of getting a Miata for its great handling, FR layout, large aftermarket and relative low cost. the only real downside I see to it is that its not very fast in a straight line.

I was thinking fox body because compared to the Miata it would be slightly more practical, I wouldn't have to track down a hardtop, it comes with a v8, and also has a huge after market. The downside would being that it wouldn't handle nearly as well.

C4s points are about the same as the fox body's, except it probably handles better.

Is it easier/cheaper to make a fox body go around a corner, or make a Miata overtake on a straight? should I get a C4 instead of either of those two?

n-no

>Vibration while applying the brakes
Vibrates all the time

The megapixel meme?

You bastard.

>co.nz

Nice hardtop, nice chrome mirrors, where you at?
just bought a compressor and airgun, getting ready to respray my 10th ann hardtop to a gloss black - looks like you could do with a repaint.

Foxbodys really arent that fast. You'd be lucky to get a 7 second 0-60. And finding a c4 in manual that is in decent condition will probably be almost double the cost of either the miata or foxbody.

Foxbody is obviously a cool choice since the body style looks rad plus like you said, V8. I would say it's less practical though, considering you'd be getting like 12mpg. If you're serious about making a miata fast it can be done for a couple grand, if not less. Turbo kit, clutch, internal engine parts. If you buy a miata for 3k you can have it at 300hp by the time you reach 5-6k. Obviously that is an extreme, and with just a turbo you could get over 200hp, I think stock clutch/engine can handle ~225, idk about the tranny.

I think a foxbody would be cool to have for track days since you don't see too many of them, idk how fun or practical it would be though. Also, you don't need a hardtop for miata track days, at least not on most tracks. They just require you have a roll bar installed, which can be had for $350.

Im in Auckland but paints least of my worries atm.
Need clutch, rockercover gasket, ignition leads, battery, alarm and new shocks

Good grief, that's the worst example of why-not-upgrade-instead-of-replacing I've ever seen.

IMO - Don't bother spending money making it look nicer. Shocks are a bit pricey, though, even shitty old Monroes are $150 a pop here.

I bought it for $3k about 6 hours ago and ye im ready for rebuild

I was under the assumption that it isn't very hard to get power out of the 5.0 with something like a pair of gt40 heads and a mild cam

IDK how I forgot about mpg. I was thinking of interior and trunk space but that's a good point.

The only reason I mention the hardtop Isn't because I need it for track use, I just dont really want a convertible. plus, I think the hardtop miatas look way better

Hardtop is half that value, not sure what's up with the wonky rear Frankenstein bolt holder.
Make sure your clamp screws are all nice and tight on the mounts.

>They just require you have a roll bar installed
Must depend on where you are, here anything goes as long as it's roadworthy and passes the noise test

DESU I wouldn't want to drive a miata without at least a 4point.

Anyone need a set of FM's timing tools? $50 shipped in the US.

More info here: www.flyinmiata.com/flyin-miata-tool-kit.html

[email protected]

Wanted to share yesterday's local miata club meet

Because he doesn't want to get snap steered into a tree

know your meme cars

Just bolted a TD05 to my Mazda.
AMA

looks as gay as I thought it would be.

the compressor housing is so small :3

does it feel faster?

SO MANY NB's whoaaaaa

where i live litteraly 75% of the mx5s are stanced red NA's

is that a fucking suicune on your tach

ye

wanna get some decent 15 inch wheels for not much, likes $200 for a full set
what should i be looking for on CL?
really not a fan of these 16s and my tire options are super limited

also i'm already aware that mini cooper wheels are 15" 4x100 bolt pattern but i heard they were quite heavy and don't look that good on miats

Love that color

I want to throw an aux mod on my 03 Miata SE. I don't want to spend the $60 and have it not work. Anyone used it before and had good experiences?
Link
gromaudio.com/store/aux1_adapters/mazda_02-08_auxiliary_input_adapter_kit.html

currently use it, works great

so I want to make my NA6 faster. Is it worth saving up $6-7k for a k swap (which would take a year to comfortably do so) rather than just tarbo ing the thing?

Do you have Bose or non-bose speakers?

I'm asking because Bose and non-bose and 6 cd and 1 cd have different connectors in the back making auxmod not work on some.

oh, i have the bose system in an NB, the one with the silver plastic

Okay thanks. I have the Bose with 6cd and nnon silver. I remember reading a guide online that went over every different variation of Miata na and nb audio system. I goes over what works and what doesn't work with each variation. I use to have the link open on my phone, but I must have closed it a little bit ago.

sup /mg/ new-ish MX-5 owner. I need a new brake light socket (it melted I guess) and the best site to get one appears to be here

jimellismazdaparts.com/products/Mazda/1992/Miata/SOCKET-LEFT-L/1898896/N00151165A.html

but before I buy, is that a good site?

pic is my bae. Also where can I stick my front plate? I hate it where it is right now.

i would generally trust grom, if they don't explicitly say it wont work with the non silver system, you're probably fine

It's not a huge turbo if you compare it to a truck.
Most people fit a td04 which is a whole frame size smaller than the td05.
It doesn't feel faster, it is noticeable much much is faster. The car actually has some useable power without having to rev it out to 7000rpm.
I drove it NA for a while and it was shit. N.A. fags will defend it, but it was fucking shit. It's got the higher power 1.8 engine too and it was painfully slow NA. I can't even imagine what a 90hp 1.6 would be like to drive.
If you have the opportunity go turbo.

>It doesn't feel faster, it is noticeable much much is faster.
what are you trying to say?

Who here has done a clutch job on an nb? What's the difficulty and what was the cost? I just felt some slip last week. Haven't felt any since then but it did make me a little nervious

I have never been a car guy, my only two cars in life have been a hand-me-down Mazda 626 and a Prius. I thought I would never give a shit about cars, but then I saw the new MX-5 RF and now I'm dreaming about it, lusting after it, watching every youtube review I can find, and actually considering going to a dealership and slapping down the cash for one.

Are Miatas really that great or am I just going through a moment of insanity?

will you be financing it for 72 months?

No, I'd pay cash. I would never finance or lease anything, I'm a Dave Ramsey cultist. I know I should wait three or four years to get a used one at 50% the cost, but hnnnggg...

90% chance I'll wait. But I have never been so tempted to blow cash on a car before.

I own a FWD land barge that, despite being built on an pigfat SUV chassis, is surprisingly quick. I want to get a miata for dat fast car slow and RWD. Should I do it Veeky Forums? Will I miss the power my current car has?

ITT: Post night cruise bangers

youtube.com/watch?v=41Dp7Q-SM1Y

tomorrow will be removing the charcoal canister so that i can say that i work on my car
/blog

Try it out and sell it if you dont like it.
Trying to drive fast in the city or any straight road feels like nothing. Its only good for chill cruising. Yet when i go up the mountain even just doing merely 3k its tons of fun.

Don't test drive it. You will buy it. I test drove a used ND Club (prefer the soft top because of how it looks with the top down) and am buying it this month. I'm a little apprehensive about the blowing up trans issue, but the issue was solved for the RFs. Funnest driving experience I've had and I had 2 NBs.

There's a used 2016 ND club in white for $25k at a local dealer... must resist...

That's exactly what I'm getting lol but a bit cheaper since there's a bit of miles on it.

how did you route your intercooler piping? through the fender?