Why is the V10 underappreciated?

Why is the V10 underappreciated?

Other urls found in this thread:

autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/ford-gt-engine-shares-
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it's not a V12. It's the middle child.

then V8 is the small child.

V6 is the tiny child.

The V6 is the older child for commuter cars tho.

V6 w/o boost is commuter car

I5 is the toddler
I4 is infant
I3 is the fetus

Because they can't fit behind the front and rear axles like an ecoboost 3.5.

Not sure, the LFA sounds really good. I prefer the V12 but the I'd take a V10 over anything else. Somethin about an odd amount of cylinders per bank creates balance issues. Rather just go with the perfect balance of the I6 or V12

I6 is the child
V4 is the teenager
V6 is the adult
V8 is the balding middle aged dad

V12 is the wise old bald man with the long white beard and closed eyes that somehow see everything?

>V4

>inb4 muh Taunus

then V10 is the late aged dad/man

Because V10 can't do anything a V8 can't and 12cyl engines get bragging rights for having more cylinders if that's your thing.

>V10 can't do anything a V8 can't

mmhmmm

>muh vmax

false

V10s are a compromise, with the exception of the Viper because its ridiculous displacement. The V10 is a great engine when you want big power in a small package (R8, Lamborghini, etc.) in most cases the prices of V10 cars are in the ball park of comparatively-priced V12 cars with racing pedigree.

The other problem the V10 suffers from is balancing two straight-5's. A straight six is the holy grail of balancing and the only engine better at balancing is two straight-sixes put together.

That's not to say the V10 is a bad engine, it's a great solution for smaller cars. But it's still a compromise between a V12 and V8.

Viper V10 gets a free pass because muh displacement

Is there anything manual above a V8 in current production, not including the R8 or highly limited production types?
It looks like Ferrari stopped manuals after the 430 in '09, and Lambo after the Gallardo in '13.

Aston martin vantage iirc - 7 speed

V10 is the cool uncle

>The V10 is a great engine when you want big power in a small package (R8, Lamborghini, etc.)

In this case you don't need to list R8 and Lamborghini

Cause they stick all the V10s in cars we probably can't afford.

>adults are superior to the elderly
lol true!

>$500k for V6 car

>a overpriced f150 in a body kit is faster than gm's fastest dedicated track car

>F150

Wat... For real? Sauce?

Then Ford GT is a glorified F150.

gt shares 70% engine parts from a base model Ecoboost f150.

shitvette literally slower than a overpriced f150. lol

autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/ford-gt-engine-shares-

heh... It doesn't sound impressive to me cuz Ford is JEWING YOU TO DEATH.

corvette still slower than a f150.

Does that make the V20 a wizard?

W16...is a, Acolyte

>can't do anything a V8 can't
this is probably the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard
what can a V12 do that a I6 can't?
All engines rotate up to a certain RPM redline providing torque and power. What other qualifiers are there?