What detailing products do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

puu
amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-TVD-108-16-Plastic-Rubber/dp/B00FJDL0J8/ref=pd_ys_sabia_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00FJDL0J8&pd_rd_r=TYJH1R5K9904T0BRNRAA&pd_rd_w=ixLpC&pd_rd_wg=6VoaY&psc=1&refRID=TYJH1R5K9904T0BRNRAA
youtube.com/watch?v=CFXfSBR5Q9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

adam';s polishes nigger

Do you save up all your allowance to buy it? Fuck off memester

>ONR for regular washes
>Meguiar's quick detailer for quick touch ups, clay bar lube, wetsanding lube
>Optimum power clean for interior plastics and shit that's really stuck
>Leatherique for leather cleaning and conditioning
>Meguiar's synthetic paste wax every two months or so
>Menzerna SF3800 compound for fine polishing
>Chemical guys 32 for cutting
>Various chemical guys polishing/cutting pads
>Suntek PPF for clear bras/full wraps

Im sorry but all of this sounds like too much. Your car likely never gets dirty enough to use any of these things like you do. You probably are doing a considerable amount of clear coat wear as well.

Probably cashes in his GBP at the end of the month.

Please show us what you drive. I need to know that it's a Porsche 911 and you're not just wasting your money literally polishing a turd.

Also here is one of my recent wash days.
>Turtle wax dash/glass for interior
>Turtle wax spray wax for exterior
>Eagle 1 foaming tire and wheel cleaner
>Black magic tire shine
>Usually spray (ammonia free glasscleaner) for exterior glass

>Honda HRV

C U C K

>Clear coat wear
>Full PPF wrap
Pick one :^)

1994 NSX. It's my second car and I only take it out on nice days so I only have to wash it every few weeks and wax every few months. Swirls, scratches, and clear coat wear are a non issue since I wrapped every single panel in PPF.

I use all the top tier meguiars products

V. nice senpai
Probably the best whip I've seen on this board desu

>1994 NSX

>user actually delivers
>and it's user, not some obnoxious tripfag idiot

Nicely done.

Then everything your doing is stupid since your paint is literally safe under the bra. Why bother with more than a basic wash and dry

rip clearcoat thickness

greasy ass interior too i bet

But for real
>I want your car.

>autoglym body shampoo
good soap actually makes a world of difference
>generic micro mitt
>karcher pressure washer
>massive chamois from working at MB
>turtle wax spray wax
wax every time i wash because this stuff makes it so easy. Work it into plastics and it restores them as well
>meguiars liquid wax
if doing a machine wax
>autoglym fast glass
>bulk degreaser for wheels
>cheap pump spray tyre shine

If i do a polish I'll buy whatever suits the needs of what I'm doing. For polishing headlights I've had great success with the cheapest cut and polish.

Looks great, I like regular washes with jet seal applied every 3-4 months. Protects really well and prevents swirls and allows minimal contaminants in paint, really nice to protect all the hard work from previous claybar,compound,polish

>picking up the bull
>dropping off the bull
>taking your wife's son to soccer practice
>picking up tampons
>driving to your wageslave cubicle so you can be a good provider
>taking the HRV for its scheduled maintenance intervals and paying Jose and Luis $400 to spray white lithium in the door locks and change 1/2 your oil

You could've had a lot of different vehicles for what you paid for that thing. Inexcusable.

You wouldn't have to scrub Tyrone's cumstains so hard if you'd just ScotchGard the damn seats.

Don't post a cuckwagon and expect not to get laughed at. Where do you think you are right now?

You sound like something society left behind.

That's silly - there's plenty of space inside the Honda HRV's roomy interior.

This thread is about what products we use, not what products we use regularly, so I listed basically everything I have on my shelf of detailing shit.

I did a full clay bar/paint correction after buying the car, did the PPF wrap, and now I just wash/wax it. You could argue that waxing is unnecessary, but it makes the car much easier to clean, looks better, and offers a sacrificial barrier over the PPF to protect against UV/bird shit/etc.

I don't hose down my seats with leather conditioner all the time either, for the most part, the interior just gets a wipe down with a dry microfiber cloth and then a bit of cleaner if there's something stuck.

Yeah your right. I totally overlooked that aspect of the thread. I mean as long as you moderate you will be fine. Once again champ...love the ride

samefag

>deletes his cucked HRV posts in shame

>"S-s-samefag!"

lol never change Veeky Forums

Your literally responding to your own posts you fucking summerfag.

Also learn how to post. Normally dumb threads get shit on but when you are trying to fuck up a thread about detailing and clean cars you are the moron. Please kindly fuck off back to plebbit. Also..everyone is still waiting for your car. I'm literally sick of you tyrone obsessed closet cucks shitting on crossovers because your girlfriends bull drives one...Sorry man...she does not like riding on the pegs of your bike I guess.

>assmad HRV cuck starts furiously shitposting and screaming samefag
>literally mad because someone on the internet hurt your feelings

Even if there's only two people in this thread, you're still a faggot for driving an HRV.

you're the one deleting posts that he's responding to, so who is the bigger retard here?

Microfiber EVERYTHING.

For washing:

>Meguiar's Gold Class
or
>Other pH balanced soap that doesnt strip wax
>Either Quick detailer or Turtle Wax Spray wax for drying (if I'm feeling lazy and dont wanna do a proper wax)
>Wheel Guys wheel cleaner, Works pretty good
>Meguiar's Endurance tire gel, Light coat for a deep black with minimal shine

Protection:
>Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 2.0 Synthetic sealant (M21)
>Meguiar's Carnuba plus wax or turtle from drying

For paint correction:
>Makita DA Polisher
>Meguiar's Microfiber cutting pads
>Meguiar's Yellow foam pads
>Meguiar's M205 (compound)
>Meguiars Ultimate Polish
>Various LED lighting

Interior:
>Armorall interior wipes (non-shine) work just fine
>Meguiar's leather conditioner works good but so does Lexol, this is TBD
>good ol' elbow grease for carpets
>Steam for alcantera, my steamer broke though

Misc:
>Ultimate Glass cleaner (non ammonia)
>Little boars hair paint brushes for tight spots like emblems or seat cracks in the interior

Once you get a car to good paint condition, a proper sealant job, and a proper wax, maintenance is a cake walk. Wash MAYBE every 2 weeks if I'm lucky. Wax every few washes. Sealant before and after winter.

Always up for new products that work though

You better watch out. I know J.D and he likes crossovers as well.

Honestly though mad. I'm not even man. As a matter of fact you made my fucking night posting that picture.
I'm 90 percent sure someone is trolling you/us. I have posted maybe a coupe of posts non of which were about samefag or w.e. Literally just stepped back actually

>Honestly though man, Im not even mad
damn auto correct

The only thing I really detest about these cars is that centre grill - it already looks dated. Swap it out with something less plastic-y, that black plastic doesn't do any favours.

+1 for maintaining your ride though, a lot of G35/G37s are owned by negligent swaggots who cover them in rattle cans and plasti dip and let them go to shit

I think you need to look more closely at the thread, I don't see anyone responding to their own posts. I see someone responding to posts that were mysteriously deleted, possibly because the poster was ashamed of being called a cuck.

Don't worry man, you're new here. Everyone gets a rough ride. I've got just the thing for you, though (pic related). I'm sure you're no stranger to Wet n Black things.

What does this even mean kike?

Are you literally a Walmart turtle wax user?

Is this the Uk one?

Think I'd get better results with DA polisher? Or would just make job alot easier? Still need to work on better photos

Looks like you did the ppf yourself

Very poor form!

It means adams polishes aren't good and you are ultimately using money that isn't yours to buy a premium brand. Far cheaper products compete with it.

Name 1 and it's not that expensive

What are you looking for
>Exterior
>Interior
>Wheels/tires

Exterior and wheels obviously

I'm not an animal shitting in my interior

It's the HRV special edition - brits are the most cucked nation on Earth so we had to source it directly from the UK.

Turtle because the HRV is a slow piece of shit, and WetnBlack just like Tyrone's cock after an HRV driver finishes with it.

>2017
>not deep-shitting your upholstery for that customized scent

Dude most of the foaming tire and rim cleaners are good. Unless you have majorly left you rims untouched you wont need anything extra.

That was pretty weak user. Im going at assume you have such a small pecker you think a car can make it up right?

Yeah I did it myself (well, a friend and I did it), some of edges aren't perfect and there's dust specks here and there but it cost a fraction of what it would have to pay someone to do it and no one would notice the issues unless I point them out. Not sure what you mean by poor form though.

Formula 88 degreaser as a pre wash to strip grime and old wax
Turtle wax bug and tar if needed
Griot’s Garage soap, 2 bucket method
Clay bar is whatever brand vatto zone had on sale
Griot’s Garage one step sealant
Turtle wax paste wax
Whatever tire dressing is on sale that isn't armour all.

Pic related is my shitty before and after. I still have a long way to go learning wise. Image is too big for Veeky Forums, puu sh/wDA8x/682c56a7f4.png

Not him, but I find the foaming tire cleaners/shines are a pain in the asshole to work with. My previous car had matte black wheels and the fucking tire shine would splatter in little specks, covering the wheels. I'd have to fucking wipe them down with a wet rag and dry them again, it was such a pain in the ass.

I use Armor All Extreme spray gel now, it seems to last the longest with the most consistent shine, but it isn't hideously shiny like some cholo whitewalls.

Besides, shining A/T tires to a gloss is moderately retarded. I wish I could find a good matte black finish that gave them a deep black look without too much shine.

Spray gel?
I use the spray one as well..it comes in a gel?

Bro watch out with tire wet. Make sure to wipe that shit down or else you will be flicking that crap everywhere.

>ArmorAll
> I wish I could find a good matte black finish that gave them a deep black look without too much shine
amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-TVD-108-16-Plastic-Rubber/dp/B00FJDL0J8/ref=pd_ys_sabia_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00FJDL0J8&pd_rd_r=TYJH1R5K9904T0BRNRAA&pd_rd_w=ixLpC&pd_rd_wg=6VoaY&psc=1&refRID=TYJH1R5K9904T0BRNRAA

Potentially? Hard to tell from photos, no matter how good they are.

DA Polishers help with consistency, ease, and time reduction.

There is some aftermarket grilles that people have modded that look quite good but it has never really bugged me.

so is it failproof using a DA? i'd imagine if using a compound (abrasive) you'd probably have to be really careful with weight and speeds?

duragloss everything

It is a gel when it's sprayed, rather than a foam or a mist. Open the bottle and pour some out, you can wipe it on with an applicator too.

And yeah, the first time I used it I didn't let it dry long enough and my fenders were splattered with it.

Thanks, but I'd be surprised if I could find that in Canada for less than $30/bottle.

I paid $8.97+tax (leafbucks) for the spray ArmorAll Extreme.

When are you going to SLAM it and put ice white 22" spokes on it?

>not smoking out your headlights
>no MONSTER ENERGY decals
>no cursive writing along the windshield

- 3 swag

Link doesn't work

>Thanks, but I'd be surprised if I could find that in Canada for less than $30/bottle.
is it 30/bottle online?

They are pretty idiot proof. You only really have to be careful with your compound aggressiveness and pressure, only because the real killer is heat. Heat means you are doing serious work to the paint. It's really hard to do that with consumer based DA polishers and compounds, it's the commercial stuff that will fuck your shit up fast.

It's $16.61 USD on Amazon.

Convert that to weak leafbucks, and add shipping costs + duty, and you're probably over $30.

I see what "high end" products like Auto Glym retail for here in Ontario, and it's pathetic. Everything is so overpriced here, the only reasonably priced stuff really is ArmorAll and regular Meguiar's/Mother's products. Anything "Gold Class" might as well be fucking liquid gold.

>$15 for a bottle of quick detailer

Fuck you Canadian Tire.

When I lose about 200 points on my credit score, move to a less reputable area, and increase my melanin concentration.

>it's the commercial stuff that will fuck your shit up fast.
like this type of stuff? thing is you won't know you're doing too much until it's too late, at least with an inexperienced. I'll watch some tutorials on youtube or some shit

Yeah I can agree. I cant stress enough not to do shit to your car while its still hot. Especially with rims and paint

Yeah that'll do it. I never really go more aggressive than Meguiar' M205 + a Microfiber pad. Both are readily available. That is plenty aggressive for most paint. I'll dial it back to 70-80% speed if I think it's doing more than I want.

>Meguiar' M205
so i take it this is far more abrasive? Used it on the STI once when i first got it. Polished and have kept sealants since, don't imagine i'll need it anymore with the constant layers of sealants but it's nice to have

A hose.

All that effort wasted on a fucking crossover.

When you first start out you'll want to work small areas at a time and stop and wipe it off for inspection pretty often. You'll get a feel for how fast the compounds cut. For the most part though, you'll have a hard time fucking anything up with a DA unless you're trying to ruin it. Rotaries, on the other hand, will fuck your shit up fast but DAs are pretty safe even with fairly aggressive pads/compounds.

Yeah it's pretty abrasive. I could see using this on a car with single stage paint and HEAVY oxidation, not a normal car though.

shit, well i went really lightly with low pressure by hand. should i get that M205 to be safe next time?

just did a quick look at what i posted here but m205 seems to be a polish, i already have pic related not same i dont think

Definitely safer by hand (less speed) so it's probably okaaay(?) but who knows how deep that went so I dont recommend it as and all the time thing. I would recommend 205>105 for normal use cases.

Hey that's what I use. It smells like I could eat it.

Little more abrasive than that IIRC. The microfiber cutting pad adds a little more cutting power to the M205, making it like a heavy polish and therefore very safe. I'll use your pic + foam pad to finish off a vehicle.

M205 is good shit. So is M105 if your paint is fucked.

so the ultimate polish isn't really an all-in one type of polish for light swirls? or restoring paint?

Lewd!

It has less cutting materials and more oils. It will totally work for the light, spiderwebby swirls like pic related right side.

Left side is M105 territory it looks like. I'd have to look at it in person.

Having bubbles and unwrapped edges is poor form, even though car is not super expensive, it has a nice look

I bought some meguiars swirlx and used it but it left a bunch of dark spots, am I not removing it properly or using too much of the product?

Boi you better hope you didn't go through your clear coat. Pics?

I didn't take pictures and it's dark and raining out right now, but I fucking hope I didn't, could you post a pic of what it would look like if I did?

KenctuckyBro it's late why are you still up, you're going to be sleepy tomorrow.

Something like this, IDK what color your paint is though

>meguiars ultimate wash and wax
>foam cannon for a karcher
>chemical guys leather cleaner
>chemical guys leather conditioner
>poorboys interior clean
>poorboys wheel sealant
>poorboys wheel gel
>303 aerospace protectant for plastics
>chemical guys microfibre wash mitt
>some brushes for cleaning wheels and arches
>dozens of microfibre cloths

It's a montego blue miata, and it didn't really look like that, it just looked darker as if there was some water on it, and a lot less contigous and even as that spot.

I work 3rds (3 13's), prepping my body for work this weekend.

Hard to say then. Use some 50% alcohol and wipe it down with a microfiber cloth. It will make quick work of any residue/wax/oils.

True, I'll try that. It probably is just leftover oils. Thank you!

Godspeed user

I like late night Veeky Forums. Everyone is so chill.

No one has called me a nigger in over an hour, too. It's kind of nice.

Should've knocked on wood

youtube.com/watch?v=CFXfSBR5Q9w

Is this video solid information? chris fix is the shit as far as i can tell in other vids

For most people that is as good as it gets. You could go into further detailing, but it's a lot more work.

>Tfw need to start using sealant
FUG

It, (((car enthusiasts))) advocating using discount Chinese chemicals on their cars

Smdh

Posted my list in an old thread.

>Wheels
Autosmart Smart Wheels for both wheels and tyres diluted about 10:1 (wheels are sealed, no need to go stronger)
Poorboys Wheel Sealant
Chemical Guys VRP for tyres
Soft Vikan Brush for cleaning

>Wash
Cheap snowfoam that's made locally (smells like fruity sweets) through a mesto foamer. Don't really bother with a snow foam lance.
Meguiars Gold Class for an intense wash, Chemical Guys Mr Pink for a light wash
Autoglym Aquawax as a drying aid if I'm not doing a full wax
Rain-X Glass Cleaner

>Polishing
Bilt Hamber Clay Bar, diluted snow foam as a lube
Scholl Concepts S20 on a green Hex Logic polishing pad

>Protecting
Meguiars Paint Protect sealant on a black finishing pad
DodoJuice Banana Armour wax applied by hand
Chemical Guys VRP for any trim

>Interior
AutoGlym Interior Cleaner/Leather Cleaner
Chemical Guys New Car Smell (doesn't smell like a new car but it smells very clean)

Any products you guys don't like that get good reviews? Apart from the great smell, I wasn't amazed by Poorboys White Diamond. I had applied it just after polishing but before sealing and there wasn't a huge difference in gloss. Maybe if the car gets a few swirls it'll make a big difference.

Chris Fix's enthusiasm makes me cringe sometimes. I'm sure he's a nice kid, but that autism isn't doing him any favours.

>Any products you guys don't like that get good reviews?

Collinite 845. I bought some after reading rave reviews, it's not bad but IMO Meguiar's synthetic paste wax is better.