What's Veeky Forums's opinion about this car?

I'm looking into buying some fast shitbox that handles well or at least decently on snow and old GC seems to fit that more or less. I'm not sure if I should just go for that or look for other cars
Preferably it should also do decently in some auto-/rallycross, but I'm not sure if it's possible at such low price (below 3k $)
Inb4 i have driving experience so I won't kill myself (probably) and know more-or-less how to work on a car, also I'm an eurofag so American cars are out of question

I own a gf8 which is the hatchback of this and i fucking love the car, i bought it to learn cars when i was 18 and i rebuilt the engine and fixed the suspension but nothing really crazy, it handles really well its not very fast, but its a solid car.

Shop around for some good cars for ralky in your area, epif youre hoping to do rally in a car it will need alot of work done to it before hand (suspension and general modification) so be prepared for that. Also depending on how serious youre going roll cages are essential too. Nothings more scary than rolling and in rally its pretty common and its just safer because your seat belts will attach to it.

yeah, i know that and im prepared to throw more money into that car for tunning later on, so thats why i was planning to try autocross before rally
besides subaru, i think that i've only seen miatas and celicas doing any good in it, but im not sure how either one of them does in snow and miata's looks really put me off, thats why i was looking for suggestions for a shitbox that would do decently in autocross since it seems that im too retarded to find it

Subarus are shit. Just get a civic for 3k.

>civic
no, thanks, if subarus are shit then i would like to get some other suggestion

A civic. It's the perfect econobox.

as i said in the op, i want something fast tho, not a necessarily, but a shitbox

>Impreza L
boy it better be an STI or an RS
good luck finding a 3k RS though

A wrx is not fast.

Well, fuck me then

An ej22 Impreza L is great but it is not fast

What cars would be better alternatives to impreza then?
anything cheap and fast that wont kill me on the first turn when its snowing pretty hard is more than enough

Literally any fwd shitbox

literally the opposite of what this guy said.

Fast, cheap, reliable. Pick two.

fast and cheap
doesnt need to be that reliable, but i just dont want to do donuts in winter

reliable and cheap for me please, thank you

Civic
Civic

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Its like a civic but it can drive in snow a lot better and it comes as a wagon. BTW, the 2.2 liter is indestructible if you even take decent fucking care of it, ignore the head gasket posters.

>fast
Not here kiddo.

>no fun here
Why?

cheap fwd shitbox with good winter tires > busted ass Subaru with average, or worse winter tires

but what would be good then? Prelude, Celica, crx?
What are some fast shitboxes?

how much money can you spend?

3-4K $, keep in mind that I'm in eastern europe, so some cars are way cheaper

Well I am in eastern Europe and I drive the gc4, the 1.6 liter version. It is slow as fuck. The 20 hp on the 2 liter version won't make ot faster and the turboes are not worth getting because they are driven by idiots.

Eh, i hoped that GC 2.0l ~110 HP would be fast, need to look for something other then

Don't get me wrong. It is still, at least for me, an amazing car, it's comfortable, it got more space than a comparable Audi or a BMW from the same period, and both the sound and the suspension are amazing for what it is. But the AWD is really holding the car down in terms of speed it comes with an upside though, it can tow another car uphill in the snow with no problems. If you want a "fast" car for that price look at either an s4 or a 325+ BMW

Okey, thanks for help user, I'll think it over and see what will fit me the most I guess

Prelude and Celica are decent in snow, but neither is fast or good for tuning

GF8 is a wagon, not a hatch.

>t. 2000 outback sport owner

Oh well, thats a big turn off, really liked looks of both but I really want something fast

Buy my RS
$2K

From?

America. Sorry yurop lad

Get one of these oh pee
>ladder frame
>true 4WD (is RWD when 2WD)
>peppy 1.6
> Available in 5 speed manual

Some other good options
>Suzuki Sidekick
>Suzuki SX4
>Suzuki Vitara
>Toyota RAV4

Out of these, only ones in budget either have steering wheel on the right or are wrecked
Also should've mentioned it earlier, but I don't really like jeeps

lul

It's heavy, yeah, but

What state? Not driving to hick-county to tow your damn beater.

Where do you live

Which one is RHD only? Afaik they're all available in the US

Also dude jeeps are cool. Especially with a 4.0

Noone is only rhd, but in my country cars brought from UK are way cheaper, so RHD are the only versions in my budget range
And I prefer sedans, coupes or much more, just my preference

Post your car then.

AMC Eagle, if you can find one.
Also, consider a v6 rustang

I wish I could consider one, but I'm in europe, the only offer in my country under 4k $ is without an engine