So, I bought a new car

so, I bought a new car

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wZ8QSw9Z-Co
spritmonitor.de/en/overview/226-Abarth/0-All_models.html?power_s=135&power_e=180&powerunit=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wtf did u shop the license plate on ??
Ljubljana faggot

nope

>weighs as much as a stripped out volvo 240 land barge while being literally 4 feet shorter in length and 3 inches narrower
>tiny ass anemic engine with no power

any other awful baits? pls post them all

How is that bait?
Everything there is a fact, baits are half truths or outright lies, all of that is complete truth.

post them all

Did I give you a complex?
You seem rather emotional right now over these facts.

>bait
>nope, it's a fact
>u mad

it's funny how shitposters always have the same replies. cute!

Explain the falsehoods in my post, point them out for me.
You should have zero issue doing this, right?

Wut engine?

>buys shit car
>triggered when Veeky Forums calls it a shit car

>this level of damage control
Gee

what car did you buy?

Welcome to the family

I'm v jelly

Oh, nice. I like the new tail lights.

so you bought a car aimed at girls?

>That back end
Absolutely awful, but that triple light set up is pure fuckin sex. Saw one in person was pretty good minus the weird shaped body and ass. I am jelly of your logo too

Benvenuto, also I hate yellow but it actually doesn't look bad on that car.

>t. massive denial expert

A heavy, slow, overpriced and quickly depreciating car aimed at homosexuals and women*
My gay friend owns a fiat 500 lol

>another Fiat thread

>heavy

No. 1100 kg

>slow

No

youtube.com/watch?v=wZ8QSw9Z-Co

Forgot

>overpriced

True but mostly depends on the trim.

I've been offered a 145 hp entry level 595 base model for 14.900€ which is not bad.

With a reasonable amount of money you can tune the engine up to 595 competizione specs and over because the 1.4 is bulletproof, just change the intercooler and turbo

Eh, it is quite heavy for such a tiny car, but with safety standards today and Italians not really being known for weight saving as say, Mazda it makes sense. As for price, the depreciation is nice because you can pick a lightly used couple year old model for half what it was new, or even less. Like you said, the engine is pretty low powered, but very reliable. Probably the only solid thing Fiat makes.

>Italian not known for weight reduction

The Alfa Romeo Giulia - apart from the Quadrifoglio - is the lightest model among competitors.

However the 500 chassis is derived from the Fiat panda, it's not 100% specific.

Yeah that's what I meant. When they want to, they can put a lot of effort into car design. With the 500, they just said "we want to make the panda look like an old 500" and that was really the only design requirement. Then for the Abarth they just slapped a turbo on it and New suspension and went out to lunch. I kinda like it for that. Still wish we got the panda over here.

nice! did your boyfriend liked that color?!

>volvo 240
>land barge
Lol nah.

>4 feet longer
>3 inches wider
>same weight
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

3 narrower* lmfao
Absolutely inexcusable

>Stripped out old vehicle weighs the same as pigfat modern vehicle
Shockedface.jpg

>four feet longer
FOUR
FEET
Even stock it's at 2800 which isn't even that far off lol

I'm not defending it, I'm just saying modern cars, even small ones that have no right to be are inexplicably heavy because everything needs 3,000 airbags and 5 star ratings. It's retarded that a city car weighs so much.

Except there are plenty of cars that are similar in size but weigh less.
They didn't even try.

Like what? Not trying to start anything just genuinely curious, cause even cars like the Golf or Fiesta are larger or 5 doors. Off the top of my head I'd imagine the new Twingo is closest to its size, and probably weighs less as it shares a chassis with the Smart.

truly sexy lad

The miata is bigger and weighs less for one, the fiesta is bigger and weighs a bit more, but if the fiat was scaled up to the same size, would weigh much more.
Like I said, they really didn't even try.

The Miata is literally the only comparable modern car that's lighter, and even then it's the same weight if you get the hardtop to match the Abarth. Fiesta ST nice but it's is 200lb more.

post god awful interior

>Fiesta ST nice but it's is 200lb more.
It's also almost 2 feet longer.... fucking hell man did you even read what i typed?
Also, the miata is bigger than the fiat and it's lighter.
Bigger yet lighter.

The Miata is a dedicated roadster, however, but yeah Mazda worked some magic. The current one is larger but even lighter than the previous model, isn't it?
As far as the Fiesta goes I think it's a case of diminishing returns. You get smaller and smaller and the weight savings you can make and keep the car within modern standards become less and less. The Fiesta is larger but how much of that is just stretched body work and a slightly longer chassis, with more internal volume? Simply scaling the 500 up isn't an entirely accurate judgement of how much it would weigh, because the drivetrain would stay the same size, the chassis would get a bit longer. I'm not an expert so if this sounds wrong then really let me have it.

So the Fiesta ST is bigger and heavier... Two negatives.

And like I said, the Miata is literally the only comparable car that's lighter, and even then the same weight as the Abarth if you get the hardtop to match.

The Fiat also uses a cast iron block compared to the aluminum ones in the Mazda and the Ford, so part of it is on Fiat for using archaic technology. Like what previous user said they weren't really trying to create and extremely lightweight, dedicated performance car, just a hatchback with a little more go juice.

Yeah but the volvo is cast iron as well, as well as having a RWD layout which weighs even more since it has a 300lb solid truck axle in the back instead of IRS or just being FWD like the fiat is.
Like I said, inexcusable.

And the Volvo is not a modern vehicle, all of which have become bloated beyond saving. Why is it constantly used as a benchmark?

And the Volvo doesn't have side impact protecting beams, airbags, abs, traction control and the associated sensors, large collapsing foam dash, collapsible crash structures, a full turbo and intercooler system.

Well you do have a car now, that puts you ahead of 95% of Veeky Forums

Fuck why can't we go back. I want to see a modern car with every possible safety and comfort feature stripped out of it.

Volvo does have side impact beams...
Has air bags as well, no idea about abs mine doesn't have it but later ones might, the dash in the 240 is huge and heavy, the heater core and condenser unit weigh like 60lbs lol also the Volvo does have crash structure, it's a Volvo.
lol fighting to justify why your car is pigfat this is great

And yet every modern Volvo is 3000lb+. Pointless comparison.

You might have one airbag, the Fiat has like 9.

Your Volvo is not as safe as a new economy car, the downside to that is all that safety is heavy.

Because the only people that would buy it have weaponized autism and those people can't afford a new car.

Modern Volvo shares nothing with old Volvo short of the name.
>still defending a pigfat slow car that's gay and unreliable and slow thats value will drop like a rock in a matter of a year or two

I have weaponized autism though. That's why I'm here.
The Fiesta is heavier than the Fiat but still much smaller than the Volvo, does that mean it's a horrendously pigfat car that Ford didn't even try on either?

It's much bigger than the fiat so it makes sense that it weighs more

And the Fiat is smaller so it makes sense that it weighs less

>Modern Volvo shares nothing with old Volvo short of the name.
So the Volvo is pigfat because the 1975 Fiat 500 weighed only 1,100 pounds.

But if the fiat were fiesta sized it would weigh 3000lbs, that's the whole point in making, they didn't even try.

>value will drop like a rock in a matter of a year or two
That's the whole reason I'm going to buy a 14 or 15 that's depreciated by half

And your kind don't buy new cars

Cars don't just scale up in weight like that. The 4 series weighs more than the 3 despite being shorter and having more doors.

Just taking the car and scaling it up won't give you an accurate measure of weight. The engine, transmission brakes and what not are the same size, the body and chassis get a little longer.

I want one of these really bad.

fuck off cummy

I like how he's so embarrassed from getting btfo last time that he removed the trip.

unnf

If you're serious OP, how has the MPG been?

Not OP but I have a 2015 Abarth. If I drive frugally it gets a combined 30-32, but it doesn't make the fun noises as loud that way. As it is I'm averaging about 27 mpg. That's with the 5 speed manual, not sure about the new automatic.

spritmonitor.de/en/overview/226-Abarth/0-All_models.html?power_s=135&power_e=180&powerunit=2

Just to give you a base idea.

14 km/l should be easy to get, the only bad thing is that the manual gearbox lacks a 6th gear.

Seems pretty dang good to me.

That gas mileage is a joke. The thing shouldn't be called a fiat and does literally nothing well. It fails at being a small light car as it is only kinda both, it isn't fast, it isn't slow, and it doesn't get great not horrible gas mileage.

I have a real fiat a 50 year old 850 which weighs 1300lbs and gets 45 miles per gallon that's right. My fifty year old car gets 10+ mpg than yours. And yes, I can cruise on the high way going 50-55 without issue. If I wanna be a faggot I have gotten it up to 70.

Yeah it could really use a 6th gear for highway cruising, but I learned stick on a 1989 Foxbody GT so the five speed is a bit of stupid nostalgia for me.
It's not bad. Much lower than the base 500 but if you're buying an Abarth your doing it for "muh feels" and not hypermiling.

>My fifty year old car gets 10+ mpg than yours
>is half the weight
Congrats, I'll take you for some gelato

They've bastardized the abarth name by slapping it on something that's no where close to performance needed for racing. They've bastardized the 500 name by slapping it on a massive car that weighs 3x more than the original.

I guess it's really 2x as good as yours because you don't drive it prudently

Stay btfo cucky.

Every manufacturer is doing things like that...just look at what Citroen did with DS turning it from a model to a brand.

However Abarth is still true to its heritage, they're still the official "tuner" of Fiat, so better than nothing.

>driving habits have anything to do with character of vehicle being driven
Wew

This. Literally every microcar from the 50s/60s that's still around in some iteration today has grown massively. And like he said Abarth is still tuning cars. It's not like Fiat just slapped the badge on there and called it good.

I removed the trio because I was banned for posting a bell curve a week ago

dogfucker

Stay BTFO

>dogfucker spergs when commanded

nice

Stay BTFO

Sperg more mr cucky! More!

Btoy STFA

Stay BTFO

Yes! More! More!!

>fiat abarth is as slow as a Miata
>the wrong wheels are driven
Should have just bought a Miata, and I mean a 91-98 one lol, the abarth is as slow as a stock NA/NB lmfao
Stay BTFO

Why when I can buy a Fiat 124 and get a better looking Miata

So you just lurk every thread hoping someone will mention you or something?

were you legally obligated to provide photographic homosexual evidence or suck the sales' manager's dick before getting the keys like here in the US ?

Jump mr cucky! Jump!

Because the fiata makes the same power as the NA Miata and costs more, turbo means you have more parts that can break for no gain, the fiata makes the same power as the all motor Miata.
Typically you turbo a car to make more power then the NA car, but they turbod to make equal power to the NA 2.0 engine.
Pretty fucking stupid 2bh.
The fiat offers no objective gains over the Miata, only objective losses.
???
Why do you say this?
Lol good post
Stay BTFO

Mrcummy fuck of from this thread and jump down a cliff, the only thing you're good at.

Anytime I see someone mention you you respond within an hour or so, usually with the BTFO thing. I don't get it or what the cucky thing is about.

Stay BTFO, stay objectively bad
I have posted maybe 3 times on Veeky Forums in the past week, are you high?

No I just come here every now and then but people are always talking about you and then this happens.

Not my fault people buy objectively shitty cars, I'm just pointing it out for them.
They reply like this because cognitive dissonance is in full force.

>Not my fault people buy objectively shitty cars

At least they're able to safely drive them and don't manage to completely fuck up and nearly die when cruising at 20 mph.

FIX
IT
AGAIN
TONY