When will the MSRP meme end?

When will the MSRP meme end?

In a few months this is going to be $30k, calling it.

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/news/11573/first-2017-honda-civic-type-r-sells-for-200000
automobilemag.com/news/limited-edition-2018-ford-focus-rs-marks-the-end-of-the-line/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lets see the back

That's just disappointing. I really hope no one actually pays that much, but I'm sure someone will

I haven't been into cars for very long, is this shit normal? I know when it comes to guns, if you're paying MSRP you're being ripped off, but it seems like a lot of cars sell for over MSRP.

>60k for a Honda

Somebody want to give the rundown on why a type R is asking for M-Series money?

>is this shit normal?
It depends on the car, but mostly no.

Same reason why the RS is

there are 23 on autotrader for msrp. anyone that pays this much isa dumbass and deserves to be raped by the stealership. all you have to do is call nearby dealers until one gives it to you for msrp.

imagine the most memetic, accurate new gun you can think of. now imagine they don't make many of them.
the gun comparison doesn't work too well because there isn't a huge market for low volume models unless you custom make them for buyers.

muh future auction value

i'm in the bay and i've already seen a couple being listed for msrp

>In a few months this is going to be $30k
Hopefully. I remember when the Hellcats first came out, you couldn't get one at msrp for like a year because of how in demand they were.

In a few months it will be 19k and they will cancel production in 2020.

>focus rs

This is a little different though. The Hellcat caused a shitstorm when they came out. The civic type r is nowhere near as popular as the Hellcat was.

Put regular tires on the hellcat, most woman would still fuck you and most men would respect you. Even if they don't like the car. The type r is so Japanese fanboy. No woman other than 16 year old Mexicans will fuck you and no man will respect you. Even men who like the car.

virgin betamax detected

i've picked up hotter looking girls than you've ever wanted in a 20 year old camry. bitches don't care as long as it has a/c and doesn't smell like used gym clothes

I doubt it because I've been looking. CA is the worst because there are people here actually rich enough to buy them $15k-$20k over sticker so the dealerships know they'll sell. Some fucking in Irvine bought one for $60k over.

They aren't going down to MSRP until they get new shipments and I doubt new shipments will be in for at least a few months. And dealerships like about MSRP, when you actually call, they'll say MSRP + $10k in mandatory accessories.

Not $60k over, $25k over $60k total. It's a blue one that sold last week.

People are so fucking retarded

It amazes me cause Honda finally makes a good car to escape their vortex of boring suck that's been encircling the company since the S2000 was ended....

And instead the dealers come in for that last minute save to make me not even want a Type R anymore.

Completely unsurprised when my friend almost ripped up the paperwork on a HRV his wife was buying. I'm almost convinced Honda dealers are the modern 2010s equivalent of the Oldsmobile dealer from Fargo.

kel tec KSGs were marked up when they first came out, and Sub2000s are still marked up because those Floridian monkeys can make enough of them and theyre so rare.

That's not MSRP, that's dealer markup.

They are selling before they even hit the floor. I don't think Honda nor the dealer cares how you feel.

The market determines value and thus the price. If people weren't retarded, and simply refused to pay a dime above MSRP, then no one would buy one.

The only thing you, as an individual can do is vote with your wallet and not buy one one of these above MSRP. If you have friends or acquaintances that are looking to buy one you can try to convince them of the same as well, but then you enter the prisoner's dilemma.

>60k for a Civic

fucking LOL

these things arent even that fast

I've done some dumb things in my life, but paying 60k for a riced out Civic isn't one of them. I really wish I could see the faces of the owners who paid the dealerships ridiculous markup price for the type r.

the one in op looks fast though. and it's 60k, so it must be

thedrive.com/news/11573/first-2017-honda-civic-type-r-sells-for-200000

Its easier to pick up woman in a 20 year old Camry than this abomination. Drive up in Hondas version of the Japanese batmobile and you can actually hear the vaginal drying process.

And they look like fucking transformers

Dealership in Nashville offloaded 2 for that much.

Kek RS is 20k cheaper than this, has like 50 more horsepower and 100% more drive wheels.

Then why can I see over 25 examples for sale online if they're "selling before they hit the floor?"

My god this post is Giving me mad déjà vu

you've been in this place before, higher than the street.

stealerships

Same thing happened with the Focus RS. Price was $36k according to Ford but I never saw it under $45k. Now it's going out of production and dealers jacked up the price again.

Fucking kek. I literally paid 2k more for a fucking loaded hellcat.

And has 100% more ferd shit. Ford stealerships are also marking up the rs and gt350s for way over msrp

>gt350s for way over msrp
A Camaro SS 1LE is better and cheaper, what's the point? gt350s are not exactly a highly sought after car.

The Focus RS is going out of production already? What the fuck was even the point of crash testing for a safety rating if it was going to be a limited run?

>The Focus RS is going out of production already?
automobilemag.com/news/limited-edition-2018-ford-focus-rs-marks-the-end-of-the-line/
Kind of sad to see it go.

Indeed, it's one of my realistic dream cars.

The new Focus is do out next year, so I'm guessing the RS will return. I think Ford wanted to sent the current gen Focus out with a bang and tried the waters with the RS. So far it seems to be a positive sign. Every RS Ford made was sold or is a in demand car.

They're moving production of the Focus to China. Maybe that has something to do with the discontinuation of the RS. The factory will switch to production of the new ranger and bronco.

No it's not. And the people overpaying are idiots.