Lets discuss crossovers

Firstly lets address why Veeky Forums hates crossovers. It seems that even normie car people can even understand the reason why a crossover is a good option for a person to buy. Yeah yeah we all know they are not performance oriented and Veeky Forumss obligatory just get a sedan with snow tires or the meme 3k civic. Secondly...what is the hate about? I mean crossovers are good at a lot...nearly everything but performance minus the seldom performance crossover and often rival larger sedans in fuel economy. Lastly which is your favorite crossover. Mine has to be the CRV but a close second would be Honda new Hrv..hell maybe even the cx5.

It's just a larger hatchback
Why get a hrv or crv when a fit is a more logical car to own with better milage too

this is true. The hrv is a bit different segment. I think its honestly better than the fit. I can see the need. I have actually owned both.

>Honda fit
>AWD

Honda fit doesn't come in AWD...what are you trying to say.

>taller for no reason
>not really any more room
>way dumber looking
>4k more expensive
sure sounds like a fuckin' deal there bud

The HRV uses the same engine the fit does
In a much larger and heavier body
with a more complicated drive train due to the AWD option
If you REALLY need the extra cargo space get a small SUV or a station wagon otherwise just get the Fit

the segment sells like crazy, yet the industry has no idea what people want with them so we constantly get shit like the CrossCabriolet

>no reason to be taller (debatable )
>not really any more room( it has more room)
>yeah it does look dumb lol I wont debate you on that
>Its more vehicle therefore more expensive...itt also is a lot more nicer in the LX trim than a fit .

I've owned two vehicles both in the same segment the fit and the hrv are in. Both weren't nearly as good. They are both top sellers within subcompact cars/crossovers. Also this isn't really about specific cars man...just crossovers in general

same engine as civic I believe. The old 1.8. This might vary depending where you live though.

This is true. I remember seeing a thread on here about the hrv or w.e. Basically stated that dealerships are literally selling the fuck out of this thing...of course no real discussion came of it but I always wondered why buy this when I see the handful of them a day. The drivers look pretty healthy, ages 23-40, middle to upper class people....it looks like a good get around commuter as well as that weekend hiking/camping etc etc. I think the demographic they were looking for was Subaru owners but without the pretentious AWD ALL THE TIME crowd.

>doesn't have any real advantage over hatchbacks
>costs more
>said to be sporty but most handles shit.
>couldn't offroad like true SUVs

Normies like it because "hurr I'm taller than you so I can justify being an asshole on the road."

I mean sedan owners are pretty prickish at times but this applies too all crap people regardless of what they drive. Suvs are pretty shit off road as well buddy...way to heavy

I'm looking for a vehicle that can handle two feet of snow and shitty grid roads for 80 minute round trips daily. Was looking at a new RVR GT fully loaded because of the warranty, plus free extended warranty this month. What else should I consider?

You know what fuck this...nearly everyone is a shitbird on the road. Might as well get a crossover so I don't end up wrecking commuting to work in my fucking sport car that some sperg in a
>bmw
>audi
>merc
>inifiti
will try to race me and ultimately lose control sending his car into my unsuspecting self traveling in the middle lane and fuck my shit up. Hell maybe my suspension will even last not having to eat potholes after every winter because some fat cheap fuck wants to fund the gibbs instead of fixing the fucking roads. Might even get some resale from the dad who will probably buy my car for his 16-20 year old daughter who will probably end up wrapping it around a pole texting becking and trish about how Jonas didn't say hi at the party was was tots checking out steph and how life is unfair and omg hes texting me now better look at my phone doing 70 on the freeway.

I feel its newfound "richness" of the 20-40 crowd that suddenly has means to buy a new car and when they go to the dealerships, they see the Fit, a small cute car with tiny wheels and think that they are better than the masses to buy a fit, they see the new civic, a huge full size sedan with large wheels and stupid back lights and think it might be a bit too big and over their budget, so they finally set eyes on a HRV, its shorter than the civic, but larger than the Fit, it has nice large wheels and it doesnt looks as pedestrian either
So they go for it

That is why this segment is selling like hot cakes
Normal hatches dont sell because they are too plain
Luxury hatches (BMW 1 series for example) dont sell well either because they are either too expensive for their size or are too luxurious and way way above their budget

Small sedans only exist on third world markets (and are considered even more pedestrian than the Fit)
Medium Sedans became almost full size ones and are way too big for these people to fit them in their homes/lives
Cross overs are the perfect size for them, a bit larger than a hatch, not as expensive as a luxury hatch, look "better" than the hatches and are not fucking huge or expensive as the current sedans

what is the rvr all I'm getting is pics of outlanders

I literally bough a crossover because it does all I need.
>Commuting
>awd because I actually need to be at work regardless and sometimes it does pile up
>Space in the back for my two dogs/ bikes/friends whatever
>decent mpg for its size

I own a sports car at home so I'm not missing anything really. I would have gotten a normal sedan but shit man...have you seen the midsized car segment?

Why not a WRX SW?
Why not an outback?
Why not an Audi Allroad?
Why not a Volvo V40?
Why not a Mini clubman?
Why not a 3 series wagon?

All of them handle WAY better than a crossover and offer the same advantages as a crossover, volvo even makes the V40 lifted and ready to rip dirt roads

Apparently it's the same as an Outlander Sport, they just call it an RVR in Canada.

V90, not V40
The V40 is a hatchback now for some reason

i find most people buy them because to them, being higher up makes them feel superior and in control, while the size is just big enough that they don't feel like they're over compensating or offending anyone

like I said I already have a sports car . Also a sportier sedan. I really needed something a bit more versatile
basically here is the line up
>Nissan 350z
>galant vr4
>Honda crv

My folks own an 2012 Outlander GT, the model year that had a similar front as the Lancer X
They are pretty ok, but damn that V6 is thirsty and the car gives no confidence to drive above 180km/h
Loads of torque down low, nothing up high
Cat smells like rotten eggs or farts when you rev it high enough

Doesnt snow here, so I cant tell you how it would perform in canada, but we did try it on mud and it was meh, better than a 2wd car, but our open diff 50s jeep did better on the mud than the outlander

I can keep the crv outside without worrying to much about people or rust. The cool cars stay inside and seldom get driven to work or during shitty weather. ESPECIALLY THE FUCKING MITSUBISHI as if that thing would ever stop giving me issues,

Besides the WRX and the 3 series, none of them are really sporty
if you just needed a commuter why not a fit or if you need a car to not give a fuck, a 206 SW

What is it they are specifically good at? You cant say AWD because you can get that in a hatch.

Here's how I see it
>pro
They have big tyres and are higher off the road
>con
Everything else

I definitely won't be trying to reach 180kmh. I feel like I'll need AWD at some point. It's pretty much the cheapest fully loaded SUV I could find. I want the true satellite navigation rather than this apple/android shit.

You responded to the wrong post my man

the stock head unit Mitsubishi gives you in the 2012 is trash
Slow as fuck, most of the time it cant parry with your phone, the media part is horrible (long file titles will not scroll, large folders with several files are a nightmare to navigate) and the nav part of it is almost unusable

just use your phone, user, Google Maps is way better than this shit

Phone won't have a signal where I'll be.

you can download map data to your phone in google maps to use it offline

even if your phone is getting no bars, it can use its GPS alone to give you instructions on where to merge

I tried it before and it automatically deletes the map data every 30 days, kinda dumb. Looking for recommendations for a vehicle that can meet those conditions and SUV/crossovers seem to be the only ones.

well, good luck user, Outlanders are decent cars and dont look that, just be patient with the head unit, park, take a deep breath and dont rush things when setting your route
and do read the manual on how to use it, you will need it

I'm open to any recommendations. Jeep's are way more expensive for a decent model. Mazda's cx-x series is a bunch of plastic. Most AWD cars are shit unless it's expensive.

>It seems that even normie car people can even understand the reason why a crossover is a good option for a person to buy
Normies don't know shit about anything. You get marginally more space, if that. It's a meme that sells to stupid women who think they need something bigger than a sedan for one or two kids. It still doesn't seat any more than normal and has less space than a wagon. It's a sub-SUV for poorfags who can't afford an actual SUV.

crossovers are shit and unnessessary, if you want a good overall package, get a proper SUV it has the size, the safety and comfy can be cheap or luxurious, performance or offroad and no i dont mean TRUCKS, i mean SUVs. modern diesels filter the air so much now that the air comming out is cleaner than the air that came in so that's the argument for the wife. economy isn't a problem either on modern engines

if you dont need that big of a car then what you need is a fucking wagon for which the options are even better in every department except for the offroad part

first gen rav4

Crossovers are uplifted Minivans

if you wish to both eat and save your slice of cake, buy a crossover, it's for city slickers who haven't seen a non plastic plant, ever

The hrv or vezel/whatever its called in Canada is a viable option for the outlander sport. I have been hearing it sells decently in Canada. if you want a bigger car that is comparable to the regular outlander get the crv. Assuming your not in the bush or something it will get you around snowy roads mostly fine.

The thing is most suvs are non of what you mentioned.