How much did it usually cost to pimp someone's ride?

How much did it usually cost to pimp someone's ride?

Was anything ever spent on mechanical repairs? like at all or was it just paintjobs, rims and media shit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/niggardly
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niggardly
hollywoodreporter.com/news/pimp-my-ride-winners-show-778024
dailymotion.com/video/x3p4h8v
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nah they usually didnt fix problems

hell they even kept some of the real expensive shit they put into peoples cars

you can find quite a bit on the nets

$10-30k

Also just so you guys know most if not all the mods where put in there shown on camera then taken out as the department of public safety saw 1 episode then demanded that any ride "pimped" be considered non street legal

Some cars didn't run and got replacement stock crate engines but not much would get made of it.

They didn't even paint inside the door jams on this show.

if you search "pimp my ride reddit" there's a ton of stories from people who were on the show. basically they didn't get to keep most of the stuff, and the costs were actually completely free

>was it just paintjobs, rims and media shit
Yes

Unless the engine was actually completely fucked, they probably didn't even change the oil. If it was totally fucked you got a new crate motor from their sponsor of the week

Well, at least they can't take back the paintjob.

only time they touched mechanical things was the duramax impala and like one other car

>How much did it usually cost to pimp someone's ride?

The pimp my ride show was basically full of cosmetic fakery. Adding stuff into cars and then having it taken out by the cheapskate show only added to more wear and tear on the cars.

A show hosted by a nigger about white guys turning cars into niggers

The cost just to watch this shit was your soul

The real cost is unknown because people didn't get to keep a lot of the pimping. The show is deceptive. If the people don't get to keep their pimped car, then it is just marketing and shilling deception by the show's producer who has a niggardly** sense of values.

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/niggardly

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niggardly

i think there was an episode that someones engine got replaced and another one where they repaired an issue where the engine wouldn't shut off unless you disconnected something under the hood.

Niggers ruin everything.

>They didn't even paint inside the door jams on this show.
That is a horrible paint job. To show all that implies the camera crew was supplied by the network that bought the show instead of being supplied by the producer.

The Pimp My Ride TV show went on for a few years. As described in an article published by The Hollywood Reporter newspaper, the show was nearly entirely fake.

Pimp My Ride show nearly entirely fake:
hollywoodreporter.com/news/pimp-my-ride-winners-show-778024

Producers: Xzibit, Tim Westwood, Fat Joe, Lil Jon, Chamillionaire

What kind of names are those? Sounds like they are Jamal or Trayvon style names. It's a show that is ripoff that the winners don't even get to keep their "prizes" after participating in the show.

What kind of reality benefits show requires the winners to return their prizes after the cameras stop rolling? That is a show run by people like Xzibit. He might as well be the next president of Zimbabwe or next mayor of Detroit.

Back to /po/

His real name is Alvin.

Why do you think they called it pimp my ride? Cars were treated like hoes.

After removing the installed stuff, some people were given back their cars in non-working condition such as the car would no longer start. One of the staff gave a legalistic lawyer-style explanation that the show was about pimping out cars, and not about repairing them (or giving away prizes). So that's why they would take back many of the expensive changes.

>that one retard who wrote off his car within an hour of getting it back from the show

Reddit is full of fucktards.

Alvin is such a non gangster name.

That name is almost as nerdy as a name like Chester or Nigel.

Trayvon would have been better since he dealt marijuana. Xzibit/Alvin was described by contestants as always smelling strongly of marijuana.

(((pimp))) my ride

He also apparently ate through two bags of Cheetos with one of em'

It's all plasti dip :^)

Papercraft & Origami?

>read about all the fake scenarios and houses they'd place recipients for when Xzibit showed up
>as well as making the car even trashier beforehand
>mfw in one episode with a lardass apparently production placed fast food wrappers and other fatass shit in the otherwise clean car to portray him as such

Was it the first gen Cougar they had? I recall them dropping a Ford Performance engine and actually making the whole car tasteful for once

>first gen Couger
What kind of shitter would let Pimp My Ride get there hands on that? If they hated it so much I'm sure they could have put a classified ad in the paper and someone would give them a decent amount for it.

can you post where you got this from? i'd like to read it.

mtv always had the best shows

pimp my ride
cribs
boiling points
etc

Forgot where I read it, I recall half of it consisted of snippets from past participants' AMAs and their stories with the rides after

While not the ugliest thing they've made, it's a wheel swap away from being decent. At least because it was an old car and lends itself easier to being taken apart and put back together than their usual shitty ricer builds, this episode was less Pimp my Ride, but more a Gaudy Overhaulin. The other little things I noticed over how thorough they actually put time in:
>the car was on a rotisserie, implying frame off restoration
>Roush engine swap
dailymotion.com/video/x3p4h8v

>Tfw you liked their dating shows
Next! Was good. And the others they had as well...where they would go through your room or some shit!

That explains why he was always laughing and happy.

room raiders!

Fuck lad, that's it.

Needs better paint and the wheels are niggerish, but at least the put effort into it. Shame the owner probably totaled it with all that power he wasn't used to. The interior looks like trash too.

>The interior looks like trash too.
After the cameras are done rolling, the show's producers have the expensive items stripped out. So the interior is bound to be trashy after that. A lot of the participants were angry about that, but they have to be careful how they posted, since the show is able to sue them for defamation due to the contract.

It was the Rav4, right?

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/13lx09/as_requested_i_was_on_pimp_my_ride_ama/

>Was anything ever spent on mechanical repairs?
If they needed to for public relations purposes, but one of the senior staff said it was not the show's responsibility to repair cars or giving away pimped up upgrades. He said the show was about showing off pimped up cars.

>Producers: Xzibit, Tim Westwood, Fat Joe, Lil Jon, Chamillionaire

Sounds like the whole plan was cooked up in Da Hood as a way to make a fast buck. Pimp up the cars, film it, then remove anything that was expensive and claim it was for safety reasons. Can only expect cheapskates from da hood.

This is the first time I've heard of a TV show that took away the "prizes" after the cameras stopped rolling. That is really sick greed.

The problem is self-explanatory if you look at the list of producer names.

You'd be surprised.Some of the hardest blacks I know have pretty mundane names.

>Some of the hardest blacks I know have pretty mundane names.
Like one from my middle school and high school days. Both first and last names were mundane caucasian names. But he was a fucking mean-spirited guy using toughness and no nonsense. He had helpers too so it was almost like a gang. They collected money from some students - if I went to school, I had to pay give him money for that week.

Richard the capitalist black entrepreneur finally got caught in high school and kicked out. But that was after years of crime and extortion. I still have a piece of pencil lead in my upper right thigh from when the pencil was jabbed into me and the pencil lead tip broke off. So I have pencil lead poisoning due to not having the money that week to pay him off. Unlike pocket knives, it is legal to have pens and pencils in school. So that was their weapon of choice.

>this faggot took it like a bitch
lmao. I bet your ancestors are proud.

This was from "seths nasty nissan"

Fighting them only gets you hurt. And you get a racism accusation for fighting Richard and his black friends. He and his parents knew how to play the racism game. I was not the only one taught harsh lessons by them.

The schools became less diverse as the grades advanced. You are lucky to have gone to a school that lets you have a background where you can blithly accuse others of being faggots taking it like a bitch. My high school had a diversity freshman class size of 1100 students. The mexican and black population outnumbered the whites. The number graduating their senior year was 171 students.

The problems decreased a lot when the school used a physical lockdown approach. The only way to enter school grounds after classes started was thru the administration building or if someone opened a side door elsewhere to let you in (against the rules). The policy made it feel like a prison (especially the barbed wire), but it prevented kicked out students from re-entering to take revenge, sell drugs, or extort money/possessions from actual students. Those blacks were quite hard about getting their monies. You owe them. If you don't pay, you get schooled by them.

You know that pencil lead is graphite, right?

That blows. I got into a fight in high school for calling a nigger nigger. It was a female who thought that fights are entirely hair pulling and open hand slaps, she got her ass beat. Another group of niggers jumped me another time, they lounged around after I got knocked out so I woke up, hit one in the head with a brick, and ran away.
Deep South though so nobody cared.

That's also what the doctor said. He said it wasn't worth spending the money to get a local followed by cutting and then exploring to get the tip of the pencil lead out.

It's the perfect weapon since Richard and the other black helpers of his avoided being kicked out for so very long. They were terrible students yet somehow managed to pass each year. But I was honors and they were the remedial students for whom the minimum passing score was very low. Yes, the passing score to make it to the next grade level for Richard was far lower than the passing score I needed to make it to the next grade level. It's the same on the SAT for college admissions to the Cal state university system. Back then, the minimum score for blacks was around 800 and the minimum score for asians was 1200 as indicated in US News and World Report magazine. They talk about equality then they should be treated equally with the same requirements.

typical rude nigger

Alvin and the nigmunks

They sure acted "gangsta" in taking back the pimping prizes. It sucks that the people were also mocked. When the items are taken back, they still have the mockery but no reward to show for it.

Richard isn't as dorky of a name as Alvin.