Why does everyone shit on cadillac?

Why does everyone shit on cadillac?

It's definitely a different company now and their cars are actually good now.
The v series is great, def on par with bmw and mercedes.

What does Veeky Forums think? What would you like to see from them?

>European luxury sports car knock-offs
>All our car names are just letters and numbers, no fancy names
>fwd focus
>GM quality
>cd players and cabin filters are an extra fee

Cadillac earned its fame by making big fancy landyachts that were the pinnacle of comfort and oozed classiness and through all of its golden age they were super innovative and engineered many features that lead the industry.

Now they play catch up with mercedes and audi "cuz we want the hip youngers!"

Cadillac can eat a dick until they come to there senses and make a nice landyaght again.

>It's definitely a different company now and their cars are actually good now.
With best regards,
GM marketing
(real people, not actors)

>Supercharged 6.2 liter pushrod V8

What is this a knockoff of?

On top of that their cars all look the same except for the craplicade and that weird cross over thing they got.

None of their cars are good as compared to rival price points.

What exactly is unique/great about them, besides body style?

>their cars are actually good now
I'll believe it when they're willing to do a Hyundai and warranty their cars for 10 years/100k miles. Until then, they're pieces of junk.

Have you ever heard of the million mile Cadillac? Neither have I.

Are you blind?

>Have you ever heard of the million mile Cadillac?
I don't know of any million mile luxury cars currently for sale.

left out reply

three common looking sedans with angry headlights, mesh grilles, rim styles. at a glance the average person is gonna have trouble telling them apart, much less naming their 3 digit "names"

That goes for any manufacturer though. you think normies can tell an M4 from an M3 or M2? the only difference to them is the size.

Caddilacs are for high test alphas

Insecure and beta fags need a Mercedes or especially BMW

Cadillac was the ONLY American luxury brand to adapt and survive the changing expectations in a luxury car.

Sure Cadillac dropped their names but at least they didn't bring up classic names and slap them on current cars which we all know is a plain insult to the classic models (Such as the Continental). The modern naming scheme is still relatively simple with letters instead of numbers. Cadillac was known for luxobarges that were also fwd. This simply could not continue no matter how much you cry about it and it was for the best to go rwd platforms. The STS is a rwd land barge with real wood in the interior and is fairly modern. Cadillac tried to have a bespoke V8 engine platform (Northstar) this again was a failure and Cadillac adapted. Cadillac has a state of the art suspension system that allows land barge like ride until you need it, then hard as a rock when you're ready to hit the corners.

Pic related. Cruising along like nothing going over 95mph. The CTS is by all means a land barge. The back has sun shades in the windows and back glass, tri-zone climate control, driver HUD, Alcantara headliner, panoramic roof, while capable of 200nph.

>Cruising along like nothing going over 95mph.
Wow, good job, your cars now match the cruising capability of German premium cars 40 years ago.

If I am gonna dump that kinda cash on an expensive luxury car, I want to be seen, not be in the scene.

If I roll up in a Cadillac I want people to say
Ohh a Cadillac Eldarado
Ohh a Cadillac Fleetwood
Ohh a Cadillac Deville

I roll up in a modern Cadillac, they pause until they see the logo and say
oh, it's a Cadillac. thats it, because who has the time to know the slight distinctions between the ATS CTS DTS FPS TDS blah blah blah

Except there's no point selling to youngsters, they don't have money. They're a 3rd rate brand fighting over a shrinking pool of well-heeled buyers who are getting older and older. And it seems the kind of well heeled buyer who's willing to get into a Cadillac are black people predominately. Or Mexicans. They loves them some Escalade.

Why should an older white or asian guy consider Cadillac at all over say, Lexus? You know when you buy a Lexus, you're going to get rock solid reliability, you won't ever have to worry about anything on that car.

The only Cadillac people recognize on sight is the Escalade, and then they immediately think "Oh, he's a drug dealer"

Cadillac has been doing that 80 years ago. My point is for some reason people are crying that it's too "sporty" when it's not, until you want it to be.

>BMW is being given away on the price is right
>everyone just refers to it as "The BMW" because they forgot the number and letter combination of the actual car already

Those cars are high test

Here's the other problem Cadillac (or GM) has. Why should someone who has money and a midlife crisis, why should they buy a Cadillac over say - a Corvette?

>Cadillac earned its fame by making big fancy landyachts that were the pinnacle of comfort and oozed classiness and through all of its golden age

This user knows better.

Why not build this one?

Id like Cadillac slightly more if they embraced rwd or even awd more often. If they want you to drop top dollar for one of their new cars, I dont want to be stuck with v6 fwd econobox tier bullshit.

I want the smooth yet demanding ride that one gets with a nicely tuned low humming V8

the naming and lack of physical distinction is not exclusive to Cadillac obviously, its a broad trend that I dont like.

They have 3 RWD models all of which have AWD trims...

>only 3

What slots could they fill by adding more? when BMW made the M2 they just essentially made a car that's physically smaller and more cramped than an M4 but weighs nearly the same. what would be the point of that?

I don't even know why the M3 and M4 both exist at the same time as they are also the same size.

RWD
>CT6
>ATS
>CTS

FWD
>XTS
>XT5

I'm so tempted to get the ats-v but I HATE the new touch screen entertainment system.

Does anyone know if the 2011-2015 Cadillac cts have the magnetic ride suspension or do only the v-series have them?

>FWD

Topkek...

More comfortable and has the top of the line Corvette engine.

>All our names are just letters and numbers
BMW, Audi, and Mercedes do that

You do realize the new caddies have a corvette engine right?

Corvette engine in a sedan or wagon what's not to like?

>Caddy can't into the art of the engine

SAD!

I think mag ride is an option, standard on the V. The entertainment system has been bad on Cadillacs since 2009. I test drove the ATS-V and would highly recommend it. The engine was not overwhelming the handling capability of the car so no chance of accidentally killing yourself by accidentally giving too much power. I felt the mag ride settings were much more pronounced in the ATS-V compared to older CTS and the new one.

Here's a STS-V

>the new touch screen entertainment system.
Didn't they just improve the cue system for 2017 models? are you talking about CUE system pre-update?

They didn't create for that. Just lucky coincidence. They have it for many years. Maybe Germans are logically autistic guys. Cadillac, Genesis, and Infiniti copy them.

>aftermarket

Show me a stock one

>Didn't they just improve the cue system for 2017 models?

They fixed it, but barely.

>Who wants to have a touch screen in their car?
>mfw

>Poor cherrypicking

Not impressive.

Here is an actual engine of STS-V. -- POS car

>Luxury cars have plastic useless covers

What's your point? They're removable, probably voids the warranty in Euro cars.

>probably voids the warranty in all cars.

fix'd

Cadillac doesnt have a single fwd model fucking retard

If it's not comfy, it's not Cadillac.

Cadillac died because they made ZERO of their concept cars.

They could have been back on top with this one car.

>ZERO
But I see one right there in the pic, user.

It wasn't finished
0 in production
0 sold

Cadillac: "Here is shit we will never make", the car company

>GM
>good

Dude, everything GM builds is garbage. It's shit, Chinese produced trash with no quality control. Every Cadillac is just a rebadged Chevy with faux leather made from some bullshit took material that deteriorates almost as quick as the rear main seal.

Cadillac is pretty much the worst American brand because they charge you three times as much for a glossy Impala

GM is shit, but you're also retarded.

>super innovative and engineered many features that lead the industry.

>FWD V8s
>innovation

The problem is in the end they have to answer to the Jewish overlords at GM headquarters that take concept cars, which are Engineer/car enthusiast wet dreams and put it through the meat grinder of cost cutting and normie appeal. There are some design elements that make it to production, mostly the design language which Cadillac calls "Art and Science"

This is EXACTLY what I meant earlier!

A fantastic modernized landyacht and a sport luxury car, among the other concepts that will never see production

but no, they said they needed 9 variants of that same sedan/coupe

man i REALLY want to like cadillac and hoping for them to do well (the day American luxury overtakes Euro luxury would be glorious) but as this user said ultimately cadillac cars have to go through normie appeal and cost cuts.

The new engineers at cadillac are really putting their heart and soul into the new cars and its such a shame we dont see cadillac go full future

pic fucking related

I don't understand how you think those Cadillacs look like old Cadillacs. First one is a mid engined sports car, the second is a rwd grand tourer. If these were made you'd complain about them just like the current models, which probably outperform those already.

To be fair to the cooperate fat cats, their job is to try and keep the company afloat when making their decisions and only look at facts. Let's face the facts here. Cadillac's sports cars have all been failures until the V division started. Cadillac could not develop anything larger than a V6, their V8's failed miserably. You can argue they fixed Northstar engines later but still the engine was too small and weak to compete with the modern horsepower wars. A V12 or V16 would be a pipe dream and fooling yourself Cadillac would be capable of making such a thing. Cadillac tried many forms of performance cars, the STS was a modern land barge, didn't sell well, the XLR didn't sell well. In the end the CTS-V was the winner, which didn't have a Cadillac engine or transmission

>take concept cars, which are Engineer/car enthusiast wet dreams and put it through the meat grinder of cost cutting and normie appeal.
Well, the cars *do* have to be profitable. If it ain't profitable in some way it ain't worth doing. That's business.