QTDDTOT

old one ded. I want to put a new muffler on my car but don't have a welder. How would I do this without welding? Also how do I know it'll fit?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/21/friends-killed-carbon-monoxide-ford-fiesta-souped-up-improve/
merrjep.al/Njoftimi/Shitet/Tiranë/AUTOMJETE/Makina/Audi/A6/AUDI-A6-K-AUTOMATIKE-MOTORR-3-0-NAFTE/4440907
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just go to a muffler shop, the labour is so cheap it honestly not worth doing it yourself

Fuck that. Two u-clamps and one hacksaw blade for less than $5.

How many previous owners is to many previous owners when you buy a used car?

Have fun gassing yourself

Doesn't matter, depends on how well taken care the car is

bought a shitbox without the title because I was desperate for a car. fast forward 3-4 months to now. Still can't drive the thing because no title. The seller said that the car was out of state and the previous state was giving him shit about sending the title down to him. after a while he said they finally sent it and I just need to go pick it up.

my question is that since I don't have anything proving the car is mine besides a bill of sale I can get from the seller how am I supposed to get the title? What do I need besides VIN and sale bill with signature?

>gassing yourself
>with a muffler leak

not so bright are you?

Shut the fuck up fag. Go put your fart can on and stop shitting up my board with your shitty threads

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/21/friends-killed-carbon-monoxide-ford-fiesta-souped-up-improve/

if you have the bill of sale you can request a duplicate title at the DMV but you'll need a notarized form.

I bought a car from a shitty little dealer and they went and registered it for me, all the info is right and the car's legal but nobody knows where the title's gone to. Shoulda done it myself.
Paperwork is a bitch.

Fixing an Audi A6 with 100K miles. Air hoses are brittle as shit. They break when you move them aside. Any solutions or aftermarket replacements that aren't shit?

if its those brittle fiberglass hoses, just use the heatshrink wrap sealer. If it's a shitty old rubber hose, buy a new oem one if its large and has a set shape to it, otherwise just go to an autoparts store and buy whichever size hose you need by the foot.

What's the difficulty level on re-doing an entire front end on a 1990 2WD Hardbody?

I need new LCAs, bushings, ball joints, tierods Etc

I want to record my driving on track days, what camera should I get? Pls respond

My exhaust is stock and fart cans are obnoxious but it doesn't change the fact that an exhaust leak at the rear of the car (where the muffler is) isn't likely to pull fumes into the passenger compartment.

>Removes cat
>Not a leak near the muffler
>Thinks this proves me wrong
kek

Coupe vs convertible vs hardtop convertible

I've been told that coups are more rigid than convertibles, but what about the rigidity of hardtop convertibles?

Also, what other cars have a similar style to the Z4 coupe (E86)? Long hood, short deck with the roof line stretching all the way back to the end of the car?

hardtop convertible is just going to be heavier not more stiff.

coupes are more rigid along the bottom and because the top isnt there to deal with some of the load transfer. Engineers design them to be just as track worthy as full bodies cars so they perform the same. Personally I'm not a fan of convertibles because i hate the wind in my face, but it's all personal preference. Another choice instead of a Z4 would be an S2000 or an SLS, but both of those are pretty pricey.

Would a Z31 be a good first car?

What should I look for when buying new speakers? I'm not too knowledgeable about sound systems. I'm looking to only replace the front speakers right now and trying to spend less than $60. Are there any brands I should avoid?

R32 GTST/4 or GTR, 2x0-300zx, Acura Legend, Silvia, or an AE86 for my meme DD?
Replacing a 2011 civic.

car sputtered a bit before stalling, guess ill replace it in the near future

My truck died twice in a week, at 180k miles and need a new car.
Are there any sedans that you sit high up in and can see everything nicely? I was in a friends once like that but I cant remember what it was. loved it about my truck but every car I've been in has been super low to the ground and everything is obstructing my view even though I'm 6'2"

bump or maybe a prelude

Last oil change I found a bunch of soft oil sludge around my oil filter. It wasn't in the filter at all, just around it. What could it be from?

Hoping a few of you here might be /mu/tants for this question.

What's the most "black metal" car in your opinion, Veeky Forums?

Some mufflers are in the middle of the car right after the cat.

Volvo 740 wagon

murdered out 96 del sol

Save up some more money if you can. You don't need to go spending hundreds or anything, but $60 is only going to get you some basic speakers. If you're cool with that, just go get anything in your price range, but if you can save up to like $130ish you can get a better set of speakers for the front and back.

>I've been told that coups are more rigid than convertibles, but what about the rigidity of hardtop convertibles?

It depends, by and large its true, but certain vehicles like the Miata and some generations of corvette were designed to be convertibles from the design board so the convertible versions aren't noticeably less stiff than their coupe versions.

Chrysler Crossfire, and Pontiac Solstice Coupe that come to mind that are still fairly modern and share the same fastback look, and neither of them have the same performance as the Z4

on the inside of the gasket or outside of the filter?

the turn signals in my car wont work when i turn it to the left but works when turning to the right. but the lights work as normal(small car lights double as turn signals), i checked the fuses in the engine bay and inside the car, how do i check if the turn signal relay is broken/how does a broken one look like?

Outside the filter itself. Like it's visible even with the filter screwed on

Why do Jeep Wranglers retain their value so well?

I swear I can't find a Wrangler for less than $5k around here that isn't at least 20 years old.

Is this similar to the "muscle car tax" that makes even cheapo Mustangs insanely expensive despite their KBB being shit?

How much more expensive is it for maintenance on a "quality" brand versus a budget brand? Like how much more am I looking to spend on the same problem on a Cadillac or BMW versus like a kia or Honda?

Luxury brands will obviously cost more, but foreign brands that aren't as popular are going to cost more depending on where you live.

In America, finding BMW parts and labor will cost you more than Honda or Ford, but that may not be true in Germany.

But are we talking like 50 dollars more or 200 dollars more? Or is it just completely dependant on the part?

You really have to be a bit more specific.

I mean, unless you're buying an exotic supercar, the costs of maintenance aren't really that different.

Where you live (America/Canada?) will determine more than what brand you have. Mercedes is going to be much cheaper in Germany than America. If you go to Japan and try to get maintenance or parts on your Ford Fusion you're going to have a hard time.

That being said, if you live in North America and you're buying North American luxury brands, as long as it's not some "premium" item (like leather, sophisticated electronic systems, etc) you can pretty much expect to pay the same as the "base model" vehicle.

For example a Lincoln Navigator is just a Ford Exursion, and a Cadillac Escalade is just a Chevy Tahoe.

If you want to know about the parts and maintenance on a BMW in the middle of Kansas vs. the parts and maintenance in New York City they're going to be different. Good luck finding a mechanic to fix your foreign car they don't see much that requires specialized training just to understand the sophisticated electronics.

PLEASE HELP ME

If anyone knows a trick to seat a CV axle into the hub on a 2002 Chevy/Geo Tracker, let me know.

My axles are the style that doesn't have threads on the end, just a washer and a clip.

Been tapping and pulling and prying gently trying to get this spline to come through the hub.

Really appreciate it.

same thing as vape tax for wrxs and boomer tax for pre 80s muscle cars and rice tax for s2ks/supras/etc

May have had some leakage out of the filter or something above the filter was leaking, hard to say, Hot cold cycles over time will allow slight leakage.

Because Jeepfags think their golf carts are worth something.

Chrysler a shit.

It's frustrating because all I want is to drive around in a convertible that isn't 3 inches off the ground.

Fucking Chrysler, they have to be terrible at everything.

Vape tax for WRXs? Are they popular among liberal progressives?

A broken one will look the same as a new one, however if one side is working then the relay is not broken. when you turn them to the left does the flasher flash quickly?

At any rate Pull the bulbs, it'll be obvious if they're bad, and even if you can't tell, swap the bulb from the other side and see if they work.

If they still don't work then you have a bigger problem like a bad ground.

If you could find a dead flat fender they're not the hardest thing in the world to resurrect.

>you can pretty much expect to pay the same as the "base model" vehicle.

You say that but you would be surprised, The big three aren't stupid if they can charge more for something that has Cadillac stamped on it, rather than GM even though the part is the fucking same, they will. Lexus and the Japanese luxury car markers are the same.

Get an old bronco, take the vinyl top off.

That's why a little know-how goes a long way.

You'd be surprised what fits different vehicles.

A popular upgrade for late-model Mustangfags is to take the intake manifold off newer Rangers and Explorers because they're better.

>How would I do this without welding?
There are clamps to mate and seal two exhaust pipe ends together. Of course, welding is best, but you can go the clamp route. You need to cut both ends to be smooth and match up though.

i already pulled the bulbs and replaced them, they work normally because the foglights double as the turn signals and those work fine when i turn them on, but the left side doesnt work for signals or the emergecy lights.

I don't want to go super old though. I was looking for an early 00's Jeep but I can see quite quickly that's not an option for me.

Any rusty boxy Volvo. Older Hearses too imo

Make sure the axle is lined up straight with the hub, maybe put a little grease on the splines, then tap the hub onto the axle. Tap in a circular pattern. Don't start smacking into it like your trying to lay a railroad spike but if you feel its not going in, pull it out and reset the axle.

Aight. It seems like I got the other side via dumb luck. This is the side that has a axle flange connecting to to the differential w/ 3 bolts.

I thought maybe tapping the axle straight at the spindle would throw it in there if I was gentle. I'll back it out and try it though.

is hardbody like a type of car or something

It's a Datsun truck.

If you have air and impacts, extensions, torque wrench, parts, patience etc...

I'm doing Axles, Lower control arms, Sway bar links, shocks on a Chevy Tracker.

I'd rate my process as a 6/10 difficulty but time consuming. I've spent days because of the heat, stopping and starting and running into little snags.

Most hardbodies are rotted out around here.

Is it a bad idea to contact a seller on craiglist to simply test out how a car seat feels? Need to swap the original seats in my foxbody because they're broken, and I was told '94-'04 Mustang seats are direct bolt in.

I was thinking about contacting someone selling one on craiglist, telling them my plans, and then if they're ok with it, offer $5 for their time.

What are my chances of finding decent quality seats from a pick n pull? I feel like seats would be taken already, if they aren't fucked up from sitting in a junkyard.

Any full framed car minus grill and front bumper.

just tell them you want to buy the car, test drive it, and then say you dont want it

maybe leave 5 bucks on the dash after

If you're planning on finding these seats in a junk yard
>terrible idea
Just do sit in them at the junkyard you fucking goon.
No one is going to tell you to come over to fart in their seat when they're trying to peddle a shit box.

I can tell you that 96-04 Mustang seats are NOT a direct bolt-in for a Fox Mustang.

You'll need the rails and everything, and then you'll need to do some drilling.

I'm not sure about the 94-95 'stangs but I can't imagine they'd be that different simply because the engine is different.

>Is it a bad idea to contact a seller on craiglist to simply test out how a car seat feels?

Don't be a dick.

Also, the seats in the 94+ aren't that much better than the fox seats. Just spend the money on a nice pair of racing buckets.

Just find a dealership with one dude

You know that Fox4 'stangs stopped being produced 14 years ago, right?

>what are used cars

holy shit dude

Are all LS power steering pumps universal?
specifically for an L98

So, is a 240v air compressor an absolute must for painting a vehicle? My garage only has 1 120v outlet, so I'd need a 120v compressor, obviously. I've read a bunch of different forums that while a 240v is obviously better, a 120v can do just as good of a job if you aren't retarded.

it appears as if the steering rack on my 2002 nissan sentra is leaking fluid. can i just keep topping the fluid off or do i have to replace the steering rack?

Does high altitude really cause that much of a drop in engine performance?
I'm a mile up and wondering if I should go out of my way to pick up something with turbo.

About 20% at a mile up on an N/A.

Not OP, but is labor just as cheap for old turboed shit boxes?

Stay away from boss, lanzar legacy rockville. I know polk and pioneer both make some decent $65 speakers. In my audio car I run polk 6.5s and 3.5s in front
If your car has the same part# for another relay try switching them out just to see if it starts working. Ive had relays start/stop working from dropping them or banging them against a wall

>20%
Sounds pretty harsh. Would there be any benefit to getting a ~300hp 6-cylinder over a ~250 turbo 4 other than sound at these heights?

Can anyone recommend a camera to mount in my car to record myself on the track and whatnot? I'd rather use something other than a basic dash cam.

Which Ferrari is this?

ferrari 456

Thanks

Subarus are generally sitting higher. I have a Forester and love it

I current a Toyota Highlander that sits up nicely.
About to trade off for a 4runner or tacoma. Maybe, still looking thou...

Are used Audi A6 any good?
Found a 2005 automatic A6 3.0 tdi with 170k km for only 6200 euro
I wanted to go manual but this seems like a good deal or is it not? link related
merrjep.al/Njoftimi/Shitet/Tiranë/AUTOMJETE/Makina/Audi/A6/AUDI-A6-K-AUTOMATIKE-MOTORR-3-0-NAFTE/4440907

>What should I look for when buying new speakers?
Pioneer is a brand that for decades has been well above average bang for the buck speaker. Some online authorized (full warranty) sellers such as Crutchfield also have checked each model of speaker to see if it fits into the car model you enter into their online tool. If you buy Pioneer or some other name brand car speakers, go to the Crutchfield website (and others) to cross check your car's year model to see if the speaker will fit.

rescue tape

I just picked up a 3rd gen 4runner. Roof doesn't come off but the rear glass rolls down, has a sunroof, rear locker, actual storage space vs a jeep, and easy to work on. 5k will get you a nice one and the 3.4L is pretty stout.

Looking to get a used car since my first one is finally not worth fixing. I live in the US and was looking to spend like 13k or less, trying to get payments down to 250 or under.
Would it be dumb to buy a used BMW or Audi for that price? I want something reliable and won't break on me every couple months. I don't treat my car like crap so I'm just worried about shit breaking on its own.

P L E A S E R E S P O N D

just get a bunch of gopros like everyone else you nerd

Theoretically if you have all the materials and tools
and all laws and regulations need not apply except for the laws of physics
how would you build a ICE car faster the 920 pound ft, 588 HP Tesla Model S
ignoring aerodynamics, just talking numbers

>14 year old car
>getting assfucked by a used car salesman

Got a thumping noise coming from my rear left wheel on a 2006 cadillac CTS

This only happens when I'm accelerating or turning from stop or a slow speed.

Anyone have any idea what this is before I take my suspension apart?

I'm installing new catalytic converters on it so when I lift it up for that I might as well do the suspension repair, just wondering if you br/o/s knew anything about this symptom

How hard would it be to replace a valve cover gasket on a 5th gen accord 4 cylinder? I want to save money and do it myself but I only know how to do basic shit like changing the oil and spark plugs.

What's the best approach to building a sleeper Nissan y61?

Thinking of cold air intake + performance cam + headers + exhaust cutout to start

>getting assfucked by a used car salesman
They will tell you anything you want to hear. If it is not in print with their signature and VIN, then it doesn't count.

If I post some used cars could I get your guys opinions on them?

Why does the car jerk super bad when it shifts when the intake temp sensor is unplugged?

>1986 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4
>auto
>"passing gear disconnected"
>"daily driven"
>"new motor an tranny with under 8k miles"
>4lo doesn't engage
>rear tires brand new
>no interior door panels
>straight body, rough paint

Is a this a good deal for $750?

They're aesthetic cars and for so little it'd be good for shitting around imo.

WHat do you think?

pic related

The basics to building a more powerful car is simply burning more fuel. A CAI is mostly just a meme, at best you'd get maybe 10 more hp? which in the grand scheme of things would do nothing for a quarter mile or track time. If you really want to make power, put a nitrous kit or a turbo on the car. If you can get significantly more air in the engine, you can burn a significant amount of more gas and gain a significant amount of power. Cams and headers will help getting the air into the cylinder, but if all you have is a CAI, your headers, exhaust cutout and performance cams would be all for naught. More air = more gas = more power. A CAI just doesn't give you that much more air when you consider a blower.

Seems like a lot of inconvenience for $750. In my unwanted opinion, I do have a minimum standard in buying used cars, and a fully working transfer case and door panels are some of them.