/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
XX Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2.1: my.mixtape.moe/bkbjso.png
Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHF1, MHST, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z-VF-7DWxn4
youtube.com/watch?v=9Aeq-VrOQP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And I fucked up

Previous thread:

PARIAPURIA!

Grandpa Hunter Freedoms

If I buy a N3DS now how easily can I hack it to play translated XX?
Are any n3ds currently being sold hackable or will I need to look for some specific old firmware model? Do I risk getting banned and locking me out of multiplayer doing so?

11.3 or earlier, or bust. I don't think much will come shipped with 11.4, the New 2DS XL likely will though.

>>/hbg/
I far as I know all new New3DSs should be hackable, as they should be on 11.3 or less and it's the last cracked firmware version right now. It's really easy to do now as well compared to a while back so you don't really have to worry about bricking or anything as long as you follow the guide that /hbg/ has in their OP. And no you don't risk anything, the only way you could get banned and is cheating (maybe, people say you can but I'm not really sure) and going online in games that are not out yet (Pokemon S&M are cases of this).

And by out yet, I mean for that region, like playing XX online is fine as it's released in it's region.

How many people have you helped today, fellow alchemy stylers?

None!

I wonder where does Millsy keeps her alchemy barrel haha

how do i beat dewrito dog

you hit it until it dies

ok thanks i'm winning now

np

MANY

Can someone tell me what skills these are?

challenger+2
pellet/spread up
trueshot up
weakness exploit
critical boost

heavy up, actually

Well shit, the artist went the full way?

Its part 2 of course

I don't know how I got spread up from that

finally

Is Gen even worth playing anymore? Had to restart the game three fucking times thanks to Nintendie's shitty data transfer system. Also, does XX continue the whole SD card saving schtick?

You couldn't just back up your saves using homebrew at worst?

Hey /mhg/, let's play a little game.

Guess which monsters are mashed up together in these pictures!

Made the choice not to hack my 3DS. Partially because I don't want to fuck things up and brick the damn thing.

Everywhere I look I spot a new monster.

You don't even need to hack your 3DS. Just the Homebrew channel.

You're overthinking, that's meant to be just Rathalos and Lagiacrus.

Now, a new picture.

would have to downgrade, which would lead to a formatting, which would just put me back at square one.
I guess it's not terrible, I didn't even get to the flagship quests before restarting (fell for the meme and was stuck with a N3DS for a while).
My question is, would it be worth getting to High Rank before XX hits western shores?

Rajang after chowing down on bamboo shoots

Sorry, Inagami but this artist doesn't seem to be using monsters outside of mainline.
It's meant to be Rajang and Gold Rathian.

This one is easy.

Rajang and Aptonoth?

BEST BIRDS (Gargwaruga)

Correct, now time for an elder dragon.

Thank you!

Can someone explain why Focus isn't considered core for bows anymore? Seems like straight DPS increase.

power shot is baseline and better than shooting normally thanks to trueshot up, you aren't charging all the time anymore.

>
Arc shots only do 1x damage. While shooting bow at critical distance does 1.5x damage. With Power Shots, it almost double the DPS.

adept can charge by evading. you need load up to really benefit from focus since that bumps adept dodge charge to lv4

brave has innate focus when stationary. it stacks with focus armour skill, but it's a negligible real dps increment

Because for short openings it's better to use Powershot to cheat out a level 3 charge, and because Adept's evade doesn't benefit from Focus unless you're using the Level 4 charge (which is usually a DPS loss), and because Brave Powershots twice.

It's not bad, just not as good as the other skills you can put on. Focus' effectiveness also greatly diminishes if you're not firing your fastcharged arrow IMMEDIATELY upon hitting the appropriate charge.

>He doesn't use normal shot + power shot
>He isn't charging all the time

>Mentioning Arc shots at all
>Pulling "double the DPS" out of his ass

You're not wrong, but you're not wrong for the wrong reasons.

a goddamn problem (Shagadeus)

using normal shots over power shots is a DPS loss, watch some TA's, normal shots are just a setup for power shots

True, but, like, do you actually do TAs yourself?
Do you understand that Normal+Powershot > Powershotting from neutral?

ivory

charlotte

But the Tigrex arm/wing and Zinogre lower jaw.

You shouldn't be allowed to post.

Because kids and their newfangled styles

focus was only mandatory because it was 100% uptime before x/xx
now it is only useful when you are charging, so it no longer has 100% uptime

novule

Focus never had 100% uptime.
It isn't not-useful now, it has reduced usefulness that puts it behind raw damage increasing skills.
If Weakness Exploit, Critical Boost, Normal/Rapid Up, Challenger+2 and Focus is doable, I think that'd be the superior set for Adept Webdart.

What a shit choice you made. Enjoy the fruits of your decision.

>Not Ammo Saver or PowerCoat
>Not at least AuM
>Not DI or Heavy Polish

>Focus never had 100% uptime.
are you retarded? literally every second you were in combat, you were charging, so you got the most out of the skill
now you spend a lot more time not charging, aka power shotting, so the skill is only providing you with a benefit during that time instead of all the time.
compared to a damage skill or something that is constantly effecting you, it is not as good

Rathalos has a single black spike on its lower jaw. That Lagi-thing has a white spiky jaw like Zinogre, especially the sharp chin which Lagiacrus definitely doesn't have.

Rathalos wings have two joints after the shoulder but the second joint doesn't have digits whereas the drawing and Tigrex do. I suppose that could just be Lagification of the Rath wing but it looks like it came from Tigrex to me.

Again, play more.

I think that is doable if you don't have true shot up but true shot up is a solid boost to the majority of your shots. If you only have a big enough opening for one shot it should be a power shot and if you can do two then one of them will be a powershot.

How the FUCK do you fight hellblade as a blademaster in gen?
I want 1 or 2 of his weapons, but I just did a solo hunt and everything but his most obvious telegraphed double tail spin move hits, and even at LR hit's like an exploding truck.
Is it easier to adept or aerial this fuck or something, because as if that wasn't enough, he's more twitchy than brachy ever is, it's incredibly annoying.
I'm actually wanting Hot Monkey Dick 4U back, at least you knew what his intended movement area was /some/ of the damn time.

meh, could be worse, at least I still have my 3U amd 4U data.

>even at LR hit's
There is no LR version

Just study his movements, he has quite a few openings.

summon robot

>Hellblade
>LR
you wot

Also, learn his moves.

How can you draw the background, the monster and the anime girl in 3 different styles. It looks so bad.

don't get hit

Hellblade is easily countered by HH

also just lol if you try to dodge through the tail spin or walk away from it. you're supposed to walk towards the spin and stay still

youtube.com/watch?v=z-VF-7DWxn4
youtube.com/watch?v=9Aeq-VrOQP8

the second isn't hellblade, but it gives a good idea on how to fight him

because CG animes are the definition of being cheap and it always looks awful

Correct. Nice one, user!
I'll take a break from posting more until later, there are nearly 40 of these.

is it not LR up till VI?
Huh.
That... makes me feel slightly better, actually. Thanks.
I can't rely on Charlotte forever.

We need to go further

having trouble killing hyper S rathalos with GL. he doesn't have a lot of openings

Background looks like normal anime fare to me

I want to eat some of that Glutton Tuna!

>Ammo Saver
It's shit.
>PowerCoat
Only relevant if you run out of P2, and you can just use Deadeye.
>AuM
Focus is better in G rank. AuM is better in X/Gen.
>DI or Heavy Polish
HP requires too much maintenance, but DI would be better. No idea if you can actually put that set together though.

>Focus has 100% uptime
Focus is only active while you are increasing the charge level of your Bow. After hitting Lv 3 charge, and while firing your Bow, you are not benefiting from Focus. Every second you spent with a Lv3 charge on Kama without firing is a second that Focus was not active, and every second you spent in the ending animation after firing was a second that Focus was not active. It never had 100% uptime.

>I forgot TSU
FUCK.
WE/CB/RU/C+2/TSU then.

>Every second you spent with a Lv3 charge on Kama without firing
this confirms you have no fucking clue what you're talking about, stop posting. and stop using bow if you are trying to learn it.

So have they fixed the running animation on newer MHs, or do they still use the same old one where your character runs with their legs combed outwards like their crotch was on fire?

>How do I fight Hellblade as a Blademaster?
Slice open his throat.
>I want 1 or 2 of his weapons
You want 11 of his weapons, actually.
>I'm getting hit by everything
Jee wizz boss, I wonder what you need to improve on?
>He's twitchier than Brachy
No. No, he is not.
>Is Adept strong vs Glavenus?
People were bemoaning once upon a time that Glavenus was specifically designed to be played against with Adept. So, yes.

Is there a viable alternative to the Mantis GS? I hate how shitty it looks.

>Use Bow vs Shagaru
>Shagaru fucks off to the other side of the arena
>Bow reaches Lv 3 charge
>Instantly cum my load over the ground instead of walking into range again
???
Sometimes you reach max charge when you're not in a position to fire. It happens all the time. It's part of the reason why Focus isn't used in X onward. It was a known issue with Focus since day dot.
Post your TA any time.

No, not a single one.
Bone, Frostpeak and Bone Nakarkos.
Kecha-Wacha also gets used sometimes,
but let's not get too crazy.

This is why I find number crunching here to be a bit silly. People talk about DPS like it's against a single static target, an accurate model of a weapons effectiveness needs to include approximations of monster behavior, especially for a skill like focus. There may be monsters where focus allows for more shots to be fired in a typical opening but other monsters with large enough windows to pull off the same number of shots without focus where more damage would win out.

Dude its just a running animation, there's nothing wrong with it as long as it's mainline

I want to give Milsy all my horn coins!

I want to hug Ayuria and comfort her by telling it's temporary and she'll turn back to normal!! (she won't)

What's even more annoying is that all these people just theorize and don't put it into practice, ie, they don't TA.

>you need to TA to compare sets

Yes. You seem to be so concerned about optimization, but you don't go all the way.

But you're complaining they don't go all the way.

in gen 4 they did depending on the terrain if you consider three years new enough.