Daily reminder that gm has never made a more powerful forced induction production v8 than the 5...

Daily reminder that gm has never made a more powerful forced induction production v8 than the 5.8L supercharged V8 in the Ford Shelby GT500.

yeah, that's great op, but I want to talk about twingos, twingo thread??

used to hate these cars and thought they were a meme, but wow they're cute asf, are they just as nice IRL? Never seen one :(

Reminder that ford hasn't made a forced induction production engine more powerful.

hellcat is slower than the ecoboost mustang around a track

What does that have to do with power?

Hahaha
Do some research.

Inb4
>B-but the extra 12 horsepower makes it more powerful
That's not true, you cuck. The LT1's +19 ftlb a whole 400 rpm lower than the gutless Ford make it more powerful.

Another
>I don't understand how engineering, and engines, and engine performance work thread

this. pushrods are completely inferior from an engineering standpoint
ecoboost makes peak torque at 3000 rpm, retard.

>torque
>relevant

this.

>this. pushrods are completely blah blah blah
That's not what I meant you fucking retard.
Engines aren't magical horse power dispensers.
Shit like cam profiles, compression ratio, injector pressure, cylinder head design, intake manifold flow rate etc, are all tuned in sims.
>HURR FORD SQUEEZED MORE HORSE PAWERS OUT OF DIS
Is the most retarded thing you could possibly say when it comes to engines.
They set the target specs using sims. And then from there it's a matter of engineering it to meet those specs versus what consumers will be willing to pay for.
You can download dyno sims all over the internet. Making a 200 horsepower naturally aspirated 4 cylinder engine is child's play with an unlimited budget and no consideration for saleability.

The fact that the OP would pic a picture with specific output on it just goes to show how worthless you brainlets are. Specific output literally means nothing.

The LT4 makes less power and weighs more. it's inferior.. from an engineering standpoint. sperg more autist

>b-but muh torque
torque isn't relevant. ive said this a thousand times.

you are aware hp is a function of torque right?

>torque isn't relevant

you are aware the amount of torque a vehicle produces doesn't matter, right?????
>XDD
nice refutation. put your cage back on pushcuck

ITT: GM fangirls sperg out of control

>I said it so it's true
the absolute state of Veeky Forums

>i said it so it's true
the absolute state of Veeky Forums

>being this retarded failing at life in so many ways probably being a 12 year old who has never driven
>muh horsepower
For starters. That's just the peak horsepower value. That is what the engine will produce in perfectly ideal conditions, at that RPM, with full throttle.
Nobody buys electrical equipment based on peak power. Because peak power is what is a useless stat. You would actually have to bother to work out the Root Mean Square power output if you want a completely universally comparable figure.

it would be great if you could provide said date

>projecting
nice. sperg more
>For starters. That's just the peak horsepower value. That is what the engine will produce in perfectly ideal conditions, at that RPM, with full throttle.
the same thing applies to your pushshit engine.

>Nobody buys electrical equipment based on peak power.
nice false equivalency, autist

>spoon feed me

>spoon feed me
translation: I lack the evidence needed to win the argument

>muh false equivalency
Not really. In fact not at all.
Torque itself without the relevant RPM number to compare it to, yes, is a useless number when you're talking about power. But it's a good analog because the lower the rpm of the torque peak, and the higher the amount of torque at peak torque is a good figure for ballparking the RMS output of an engine.
Like if you think your faggot supercharged shelby engine has anywhere near as much RMS power as a 660 horsepower commercial diesel engine you are retarded beyond rescue.
Just admit that you are an under age little faggot so the mods can ban your stupid ass and save us the time. It's Saturday. I don't feel like getting all technical.

so you admit gm can't compete?

sperg more

>sperg more
translation: I have lost the argument and am resorting to trolling

see

>GM Can't compete
What the fuck are you talking about?
The ZL1 Camaro can literally destroy everything in the same price point.

The LSX is way more powerful and is normally aspirated.

shitty bait desu

Nope, I won, and you just admitted defeat. Game over, pal.

wrong

Along came a choo-choo, knocked my monkey coo-coo
And now my monkey's deeeeeeaaaaad

COCONUT MILK IS A GOOD IDEA

bump

So? I was just shitposting back with a fact about power.

I mean a fucking shopping cart is faster around a track than a Hellcat if said track has anything resembling a turn.