freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31197022
flatredball.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is more power in Unity than division.

Anyone knows of a good strategy to propagate transform changes in a tranform hierarchy? at the moment I'm recursing up the hierarchy everytime I need to know the world position etc, which feels pretty wasteful

POST PROGRESS!

you use an engine with proper built-in hierarchy

Why aren't you making an anime game?

I grew out of it.

I'm not making a game

then finally do a proper collaboration jam bringing the community closer together

Veeky Forums made me realize this audience is not worth catering to

But I am~

Welcome to /agdg/

>2d in unity
I hope you know what you're doing

*discord

Hey guys, I never knew this general existed, but it motivated me enough to get up and do something.

Sadly, I don't have much experience with all the tools / engines although I do have some programming background with C++ and currently majoring in CompSci.

What limitations do the engines from the sticky have that others from that list don't have to offer? Is there any reason why you would pick one over the other?

If he's using Unity for 2D then he obviously doesn't know what he's doing.

Which audience is worth catering to?

Furries, furries, and then people with other weird fetishes

In that order

furries, you only need to sell your soul for all those furbux

Who says you have to cater to Veeky Forums just because it's anime? The Japanese will love it

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31197022

tumblrinas and furries

It depends on what you really want to do, they are all worthy engines but the rule of thumb is that UE4 and Unity are good for 3D while the rest are good for 2D.
They are all free to try and trying is the best way to pick your favorite.

You mean yanderedev.

furries

>The Japanese will love it
They have their own culture to enjoy.

People who want to play a good game

I wonder what japs think of gaijin indie games

>I wonder what japs think of gaijin indie games
Is there a single good western made indie japanese themed game?

>nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31197022
>one minute video of walking around in circles
Whyy

burrito galaxy

yourself

>really don't want to design canine and feline characters.
>at that point I'm cutting out 85% of furries and defeating the purpose of trying to pander to them.

I've had a pretty positive response so far. I requested a few models and they had no problem providing them, as well as BG assets.

World of horror
Our japanese overlords approve

it was a progress update showing ai local avoidance and tunnel crawling

Mine will be!

Is that even in development anymore?

I WILL!

--> PROGRESS 1 key per door

Skull collectibles
Functional water

I gotta start figuring out a name for this thing. Suggestions? I was thinking something along the lines of Cyber Commando, but that one's taken...

>mule girls
>moth girls
>goat girls
>deer "girls"
>bat girls
get crackin' my dude

>he doesn't know how popular anthro mice are
>even though mickey fucking mouse exists

I used to be against using it for 2d, but I decided to see how it actually is. So far its actually quite nice. The only bad thing i encountered was the fact that importing animations manually was tedious as fuck, but ive solved that by using an aseprite animation importer for unity.

If i come across any issues or decide its no good, ill just go back to monogame.

>thicc anthro hamsters

>indie japanese themed game
Steam has been flooded with it the last few years
>good
Mark of the Ninja perhaps

Are insects considered furry? They don't seem to have their own community definition for them like scalies.

>So far its actually quite nice.
People don't meme on it because it's hard to use or whatever, it's just an horrible engine that runs games like absolute garbage which is just unacceptable for a 2D game.

hey aggydaggy, legit question: what was the name of that game

>indie 2D platformer
>freeware I think
>crude graphics
>very violent, lots of blood
>you control a ninja
>gameplay looks kinda complex
>you have to wall-kick to gain speed

that's all I remember, does it ring any bells?

technically, no, but venezuelan poodle moths are fluffy af so it gets a pass

intelagent people

Whats your favorite engine /agdg/ ?

Yours

Unity is great for 2D, especially hand painted.
I agree with the animation bit though. It's a hassle if you don't have a good workflow for importing animations

My own

idtech

my favorite engine is the one that is least mentioned on agdg ;)

Is it Godot

nah he's talkin about Torque 3D

Xenko

No.
Godot is a horrid engine simply for the fact people on agdg use it.

My favorite is Panda3D.

Looks super smooth, good work.

Are you going to add background graphics?
The atmosphere seems a bit empty/boring.

>tfw just had my wisdoms out
>too sore to gamedev
Feels bad.

dev anyway

how are you even on the computer

I was drugged up and slept the whole day when I had my taken out.

Then again I had 4 taken out at once, so my mouth was full of blood nonstop

I had 4 out too. Induced sleep only lasts like 3-4 hours but my whole lower jaw was dead after waking.

>tfw mine were never taken out
>but now I have cavities on them and around them
>too scared to got to the dentist

Gunna make a mini series of level long games to help me Iron out my tools as well as improve my game design skills. Are there any good music making tools that don't require me to search for samples and instruments and just give me some limits to work in?

I had them removed two by two, with only local anesthesia (I was awake). the worst part is not being allowed to eat solid/hot food for 48h

>not eating icecream when you're having a bad day

Unity is the only one I've used seriously. Its very good.

I never tried any engine other than Unity, it's the only way to make a game and I trust it fully!

How viable is it to 1MA in UE4 with some C++ experience? (I don't like dragon drop programming)

You really have to get them out ASAP then dude. If you leave them like that, you'll get an infection that's far more painful.

the only people who should be responding to this are anons who have used every engine, otherwise how can you pick a favorite when you havent even tried 80% of them

this is why I think "favorite' tier questions are for retarded elementary children

I'm have a problem here, why can't I set different relative transform with 2 different timelines for the same model in UE4?
For exampel, I want the same arm/fist to be able to perform 2 different attacks

Unity is developed by SJWs.

Viable, but making a UE4 game without using any blueprints is a frankly foolish move.

Not just SJWs, it started as a Mac-only toy made by failed devs who made some failed rolling ball game.

You mean if both timelines are playing at the same time and setting the same variable?

This.
Mine got infected(impacted), and I have to say the pain you get from wisdom teeth infection is some of the worse pain I've felt. I was confused at first because the pain was located near my ear, so I didn't think it was related to my teeth

Unity > Unreal > CryEngine/Lumberyard > GM:S > Godot > Everything else

>terrain was outdated in 2004
>still the same

is it possible to do half and half? For example write code then connect them with blueprints? Similar to GameMaker scripts

Sure, you can make blueprint nodes with C++

How convenient.

My favorite engine I've ever used was flatredball.com/

I don't know if it's still good (probably is if it switched to MonoGame) as I have not used it in a while but it was the perfect lightweight engine way back when XNA was huge.

I've since made my own engine and tools though.

Wrong.
You can't compare engines because they each serve their own purpose.

UE4 is good for graphics heavy super-real looking games.
GM:S is good for pixel art 2D games.
Unity is perfect

>"Terrain" is a needed feature
>"Terrain" is a "feature"

just use any 3D modeling software faggot

>UE4
>real looking

ayy lmao

Unity is good if you want to play around and have fun :)

This triggers this Compare /r/gamedev to /r/unity3d and see for yourself why faildevs really hate Unity and are so triggered by it so hard so often. Unity is the most popular engine unfortunately for hipsters, and Unity devs actually get things done and have fun things to show and play. This kills the nodev.

That is not even the worst part. That infection can travel to your heart. It is literally a life threatening situation if you let it go uncorrected for too long.

well yes the first thing UE4 devs seem to focus on is graphics and that's about it.

>I don't understand terrain the post

Oh my good lord I feel so sorry for you Unity fags.

yes, about 80% of my project is done in C++ with the remainder being blueprints for the higher-level logic and hooking up UI elements.

you can do that in unity

>Unity is the most popular engine unfortunately for hipsters
what does this mean? Unity was the only viable 3D engine for tiny teams for a long time.

You can't even have a scene with a few million polys without the engine shitting itself.

>I'm using Unreal Engine because I can make photorealistic stones with just one click!