RS4

Thinking of buying a >60k miles RS4 for ~$30k. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

goapr.com/products/throttle_body_30tfsi.html
audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/344833-APR-Tuned-B7-RS4-amp-B7-RS4-vs-B8-S4
veekyforums.com/thread/18064257/cars/rs4.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

enjoy maintaining your maintenance free chains

why people still believe that shit in 2017? same goes for trannys 'filled for life' by manufacturers.

too much money unless it's single owner and mint.

What year?

4.2L has been around for a while so the engine will probably be in good shape if taken care of as it should.

>60k miles RS4 for ~$30k
that's about what they go for, so you're probably not getting ripped off. it will need constant carbon cleaning. stock it runs a mid to high 12 with a low 4s 0-60, so youre about on par with heavily modified a4s and slower than slightly modified s4s. the rs4 can be supercharged though and made into an absolute beast. a supercharged b7 rs4 is one of the only cars id happily swap my bt b8 a4 for.

the only thing i dont like about them is their owners. seems like 90% of them only buy an rs4 as a ticket to the exclusive rs4 owners social club, where they only talk to each other and ignore lowly a4 and s4 drivers, regardless of how much slower and older their fancy rs4s are. the guys with the supercharged ones are the only cool ones, since theyre the ones actually into cars as a hobby and not just a status symbol.

the 4.2 v8 in the rs4 isn't the same 4.2 v8 that's in the s4 which has the timing chain problems, oddly enough. they don't share many parts. the rs4 v8 is more of an r8 v10 with 2 cylinders chopped off.

>on par with heavily modified a4s and slower than slightly modified s4shm wasn't aware of this
>the rs4 can be supercharged though and made into an absolute beast
from what ive looked into the cost to supercharge is nearly the same as the car itself
>the only thing i dont like about them is their owners
not looking to join an club or have a symbol. have owned a4/a6s and thoroughly think ill enjoy driving it

I'd pass if I were you.

I bought a 2014 (B8.5) S4 for about the same money, and it produces about the same power as the RS4, but it's 7 years newer, so the interior and exterior looks a lot newer too.

pic sort of related. Mine looks just like this, including the wheels and twin-blade grill

>hm wasn't aware of this
b8 a4s are 10-15k and will run a mid 12 with 3k worth of work.
b8 s4s are 20-25k and will run a low 12 with 3k worth of work.
add some suspension/brake upgrades to either and technically you'll outperform and have a better driving experience than a b7 rs4 in every way. the interior alone is such a huge upgrade you'll shit your pants. that's why i condone supercharging the rs4, it puts it in another league. too easy to top it for the money.

you say you're not into it for the status, if that's the case then check out those other options. their respective sections on audizine are great sources of info. the gist of it is, k04/f23l turbo, hfc, fmic puts a 2.0t a4 into the mid 12s, and an sc pulley and tune puts an s4 into the low 12s. then a few more k into brakes and suspension and youre golden. just wont have the prestige of the rs badge.

stage 2?

Thanks for the info, ill consider those options as I keep looking
beautiful

No, stock to stock.

My S4 is still covered by the factory warranty so I'm not willing to upgrade yet.

I'm thinking about APR stage 1 or 2 after it exits the warranty period though.
goapr.com/products/throttle_body_30tfsi.html

I'm having plenty of fun with it stock anyway, so I'm certainly not complaining.

stock for stock id pick a b7 rs4 over a b8 s4 any day. at least get a piggyback while youre on warranty to hold you over until you feel good enough to go stage 2. these b8s have a ton of potential, both a4 and s4, but stock theyre 13+ second 3800 lb cushy suspension family sedans.

V8 is better than some shitty V6.

They produce the same power, and have very similar quarter mile times (high 12s).

My s6 has the APR stage 2 to 530 HP and its in warranty and didn't void it.

Are you stupid? Do you even do any research?

no. i spend a lot of time at the track. the rs4s run pretty consistent 12.7s stock. stock s4s are lucky to hit a 13.0. never seen a stock one get into the 12s, even in extremely favorable DA. im talking negative 1000+ with 1.8 60' times. my a4 runs consistent 12.6s and every stock software b8 s4 i ever race is .5 seconds slower than me in any weather. if i run a 12.6, they run a 13.1. i run a 12.8, they run a 13.3, etc. b8 s4 traps are 100-103, mine are 107, rs4 are ~108.

dont get me wrong it's a nice car, but if we're talking stock the rs7 wins every day. and that's just straight line speed. the gap only gets wider when you take handling and braking into consideration.

sorry not trying to be a dick, just trying to give op the facts so he can make the best decision.

I don't need to. v8s are better than v6s. The v8 has more character than the vacuum cleaner 3.0

I haven't heard what causes the TD1 flag to get thrown. Some people get it, and some don't after an upgrade.

If you say so ... Here's that vacuum cleaner V6 with more torque and equal hp than the V8
No, I get it, and I don't disagree with the numbers that you state. I never said that the B8 S4 was more powerful -- only that they are around the same power/league of the B7 RS4.

It depends for the OP if track times are more important than other factors.

exhaust note > hp

that chart brings back good memories :D
audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/344833-APR-Tuned-B7-RS4-amp-B7-RS4-vs-B8-S4

apr is ridiculous. i will never buy an apr product as long as i live. when you get around to tuning your car, look into giac before you shell out your cash. apr is a well-oiled marketing machine, as that graph shows. they made that just to post on the rs4 forum for god knows why. on their actual website they list the rs4 as having 372 ctq and 420 chp, with the b8 s4 at 350 ctq and 359 chp. whatever numbers help sell whatever product theyre pushing at the moment.

A cheap German car is one of the most expensive cars ever made.

Fuck are you talking about? B7 RS4s are notoriously overrated pigs.

OP a stock RS4 makes around 290 WHP in a car rated at 420 or whatever and takes a damn good driver to hit 12.9 in the quarter.

It's a sexy pig.

explain to me how the s4 with the 6 speed transmission and torsen t3 awd system can claim 8% drivetrain losses according to apr, while the rs4 with the same exact 6 speed transmission and same exact torsen t3 awd system has over 23% drivetrain losses according to apr.

the answer is because according to the apr reps, they use a proprietary formula to calculate their advertised dyno figures which they extrapolate from testing they refuse to divulge. aka they write down whatever numbers sell their cars. the truth is in the trap speeds. advertised dyno figures sell products, trap speeds win races.

>not waiting or this bad boy

Station wagon only tho

what about the RS3 ?
too small ?

Crappy interior, but God tier motor. I have a hard time finding a new audi that does enough things right to make me want to buy one. RS3 interior sucks, RS4 is a station wagon, RS5 looks like a Hyundai, S/RS6 and up too big, etc. This gen I'm converted to M or AMG.

if you were going this size I would go with the m240i

Seems like a decent deal

Sold my rs5 for 53k with 23k miles or so

What year ? Does it have any Audi care left?

i want one so fucking bad. prolly a bad idea unless youre seriously loaded tho

guys what the fuck

veekyforums.com/thread/18064257/cars/rs4.html

post your screen names

da fug

O_o

I feel violated.

R-really? I was thinking on buying a GTI/S3 and tuning in with them.

good choise for a dad

Nude bikergirl huh?

kek

the algorithm probably though you were talking about the Aprilia RS4(i.e the 4-stroke version of the RS-125) since it is [spoiler] for girls[/spoiler]