ITT: car """"""enthusiast"""""" red flags

>he drives a car with electric steering / shit steering feel
>he drives a heavy car without the power to back it up
>he drives a fwd car
>he drives a front biased 4wd car
>he drives an automatic on anything that isn't a new expensive sports car that have decent trannies
>he drives a non performance hybrid
>he buys brand new econoboxes
>he cares about creature comforts like heated seats over the driving experience despite not being a 90 years old
>he cares about safety
>he cares about his car being too loud
>he wants to own a pigfat automatic silent no soul EV car in the future
>he cares about emissions
>he cares about fuel economy despite having disposable income (poorfags omitted for this one)
>he can't work on his car

>he has any of these traits and calls himself a "car enthusiast"

what other strange behavioural traits let you find the fake petrolheads among you, Veeky Forums?

>what other strange behavioural traits let you find the fake petrolheads among you, Veeky Forums?

goes to car shows but has never been to a single track day. Even if its only watching.

>he considers FWD an automatic red flag
>he's a big enough prick to the community to go on everyone's nerves with straight pipes like a pimpled 18 y/o
>he thinks simply having money is a good enough reason to waste it

When busriders post about hating anything but pure sports cars.

We need to get to work, we can have a standard hatch for fuel economy without being told we do not like cars.

>he makes sweeping dismissive generalizations about other people's tastes and interests in the same field as his

>he drives a fwd car
DELET THIS

>he is the op of this thread

I think you can't delete OPs.

Car Enthusiast Red Flags
>he drives a car
True enthusiasts only talk and shitpost about cars you pleb

>>he drives a fwd car
>>he drives a front biased 4wd car
found the poser

>he doesn't make his daily commute enjoyable by driving an old sports car

driving a 1L fiesta to work was the most soul sucking shit ive ever done because it bores you to death especially at low speeds. whereas with an old sports car you can enjoy the drive 10x more despite driving at the same speed.

>>he's a big enough prick to the community to go on everyone's nerves with straight pipes like a pimpled 18 y/o
delet

>He judges other enthusiasts and declares them not true enthusiasts because their taste differ from his

Biggest red flag of all

notable exceptions can be made like pic related and the ones you posted. but 99.9% of fwd cars on the roads of europe are boring econoshits

there's literally nothing wrong with having a dd/beater car with those things

Well, it's a suitable layout for those, but it's not limited to them.

>talks about "muh power"
>when asked advice about lightening car they tell you to go on a diet
>lightweight good handling car with 20 ton chrome wheels and 200 pounds of speakers and sound systems on it

there absolutely fucking is. You\d know
>t. featherweight summer daily/race car and automatic fwd based awd automatic pigfat suv winter car

>owning a dd that is a boring economical cuckbox

why? a dd should make your boring as fuck commute enjoyable, so you should drive raw, fun cars.

after a 10 hour shift and I'm tired, I see my mr2 / 911 parked in the lot and my heart sings. imagine working hard all day then having to sit in a boring cuckbox for the commute home.
what a mundane thing to do

only excusable reason is a winter car because you don't want to rust out your pride and joy.

I don't know where you live but anywhere in America that snows, throws down salt which rusts our cars hence people having winter beaters or just two cars in general. One as a DD and another for fun

>working hard
>implying
Also when I'm tired after work I wanna get home comfy to relax. Excitement is for weekends.

>a dd should make your boring as fuck commute enjoyable
Or, y'know, it should allow you to move arround on a drive that you know is going to be shit and doesn't warrant any wear on an itneresting car in the first place. Like city drives spent stopping and idling, that sort of stuff.
It's really going to depend on what your daily movements are but in some situations, using a good car as your DD will not improve your commute that much, and will wear the car a bit, which you might not want in the first place.

>he drives a fwd car

> electric steering is bad
Hold the fuck up
The NSX & S2000 would like a word with you, OP

> / shit steering feel
They have decent steering feel. At least the NSX came with a non electric option.

Porsche needs to bring back interiors like this.

sitting in 10mph traffic is boring no matter what I would be driving.

my lame boring beater saves me money that I can sink into my good car, and lets me work on my good car more because I don't have to worry about downtime.

>posts on Veeky Forums

>they call themselves "car enthusiasts"
>instagram handle sticker
>badges or wheels are plastidipped
>"dat R35 doe!"

Those wheel faces are powdercoated lol

>he can see out of that shit
fucking manlets

>he drives a fwd car
>he drives an automatic on anything that isn't a new expensive sports car that have decent trannies

None of these are marks of a fake enthusiast. To quote an example from each like renault clio RS, audi quattro, and mercedes SL 6.9 to quote a few.

this my daily is autotragic fwd suv that weighs two tons and my summer car is an mr2 racecar.
My heart fucking breaks and when I have a bad morning and day my car doesn\t cheer me up and I bring bad mood to work or home.
With sportscar I can just hoon or take backroads
4 more months until I get my baby back

you practically sit on the floor in an s2000

Clearly I was posting a TRUE ENTHUSIAST'S car you dummy

you can use the whole car as a stepping stool to get into your f-150. it's not a big car and he's not a big boy.

He's not wrong, have you ever seen some pinoy kid driving a Evo or something? Their chins barely reach the window

beep beep

LMAO

>prefers zipperhead gook mobiles to White Christian American Muscle

>dude I can't wait for self driving cars
NO REEEE I CAN I CAN WAIT A LONG TIME REEEEEEE

>FWD
>not a car enthusiast

Show me on the togue where the civic passed you

see and besides
>implying a civic could pass my godmasheen

That's a slow piece of shit and I could smoke that in my 2004 toyota corolla with a few simple mods

I can overcome the superior power of your camry through superior handling, pic absolutely related

>Superior handling
>in a backwards corolla

>backwards corolla
delet

> "he"
> there are no women enthusiasts out there in in this godforsaken world

post feet on steering wheel you slag

>he thinks he's better than others
>He makes stupid ass tldr posts on Veeky Forums
Youre the poser fake tryhard dude

t. cuckbox driver

Lel

>pays attention to "muh driving experience" above all else
>thinks "muh driving experience" is an objective characteristic

>local man tries to insinuate that the act of driving is not an integral part of driving

this only came as automatic from the factory, but it's a rwd V8 wagon
and i am planning to manual swap it
do i still count

Being a brainlet contrarian won't give you the attention your parents never gave you, now fuck off

>called the cops on the local fartcan kids during their monthly meeting
>several of their cars were confiscated for breaking regulations
>one of which turned out to be my cousin
>his riced SW20 was taken away
A naturally loud car is fine, but modifying your car with the express purpose of more noise is disgusting
>le FWDs are bad meme
i laff evry tim

So much this. I'm currently dd'ing a pos $400 cavalier, and I dread the commute to work, simply because I fucking hate every aspect of the car. It's dog shit ugly, sounds, handles, and feels like a bland, boring piece of shit in general.

I'll take my beater 4x4 f150 as much as I can, because it actually has a little character and I enjoy being in it, but 10 mpg

I used to love the drive in my foxbody t-Bird. Car was just so comfy. I hate myself for selling it. Must find another

You're still an asshole for getting your cousins car taken away though

He could literally just have paid the tax required when modifying a car above 20% of its stock horsepower.
Shitty yuropoor law, but not difficult to get done.
On a car that old it wouldn't even have been that expensive, he is lucky he didnt lose his license

>this whole post
Holy fucking kek

they kind of did

>he cares about his car being too loud
Out of all the bait you've posted, this gets me the most. I hate my exhaust. I hate it. 55mph is earsplitting hell even with reasonable gearing. You'll get sick of your fartcan in a week.

>implying I need an aftermarket exhaust
>implying I don't enjoy the sound of a flat 6
top lel

>porsche says manuals are dead and nobody wants them, basically stops making them
>big selling point of the 911 R is the stick shift
>sells out instantly, second hand prices shoot through the roof

-

>tax required when modifying a car above 20% of its stock horsepower.
>not difficult to get done.
>wouldn't even have been that expensive
>he is lucky he didnt lose his license
>>>he is lucky he didnt lose his license

>tfw the only car to match the aircooled 911's feel is an uber exclusive top of the line model
>the 911 is slowly morphing into a GT rather than a pure sportscar
>the cayman gt4 is nice except the engine is in the wrong place

Fuck, I thought Porsche were /ourguys/

they also offer it for the GT3 now
R owners got really mad because they considered it an attack on the value of their car

oh I just checked their website, it's not only the gt3
they have a manual option for every 911 except the gt2 rs and the turbo (s)

He hates tesla.

>Doesn't live in the United States

>>he cares about safety

>slowly morphing into a gt

The 911 always was a gt from the start, with some special sportscar/racing derivatives to serve as halo cars.

DELET

>>he drives a car with electric steering / shit steering feel
Whatever grampa. That is why your 1rst gen Corvette can't handle the cones.

I tick literally 0 boxes from this
feels good man

>not caring about your car being too loud

I don't meet any other of your criteria there, but I commute for a little over ten hours a week. My car is loud, but I have my fucking limits, and I'd prefer not to get pulled over constantly.

This is the dumbest fucking post I've seen on Veeky Forums in a long time and it's almost on par with Car Throttle's "xD LOL we're a misunderstood subculture!!!" bullshit

>he drives a car with electric steering / shit steering feel
There are plenty of heavily respected cars out there that fit this description. Ever heard of the S2K? Every car will have its flaws and drawbacks.

>he drives a fwd car
For the majority of people, FWD is fine and can still be fun.

So? A lot of them deliver power based on how hard the car is being driven. I agree that it shouldn't be directly marketed as 4WD/AWD but still.

It's almost as if people don't want to shift gears when the car in question serves no other purpose than to get to/from work and isn't focused on fun at all. Novel concept I know.

>he buys brand new econoboxes
Can't have more used econoboxes without new ones.

>he cares about creature comforts like heated seats over the driving experience despite not being a 90 year old
When you hit your 30s or so you'll start slowly understanding why people actually want a comfortable car. Not everybody can DD a manual NA Miata their whole life.

>he cares about safety
If it's a vehicle you're daily driving and/or using on the interstate quite frequently, you begin to care about safety a lot more. You can be the best driver in the world but that doesn't stop other people from fucking your shit up.

Neck yourself ASAP you elitist asshole, got me salty af jesus christ

you spent all that time writing this novel and not realised OP was talking about car enthusiasts you dum dum

If you think this took long battle me on typeracer faggot, also driving a normal car doesn't suddenly invalidate your status as a "car enthusiast". The whole point of my post is that car enthusiasts are enthusiasts regardless of what they drive. kys

spoken like a true shitbox owner

how can you claim to be an enthusiast if you are not willing to spend time + money on it?

Car enthusiasts are people that bring cars on trailers to the car shows user because they don't want to drive a locked differential without powered steering.

true
those certainly sound like car enthousiasts but it's definitely not the only type of car enthousiast

t. soyboy that isn't strong enough for manual steering racks

Yeah. They are the car enthusiasts like, OP. Always having a little get together when the winning car is always that 1950's Chevrolet or not even driving the Plymouth Roadrunners. I seen it all. Literally Joe Dirt tier knowledge of car appreciation.

>Thinks he could do a half mile one lane wide cone course in 45 seconds on concrete with manual steering.

Whatever you say trackday 55 mph limit Porsche club slave. The current record holder in SCCA AutoX is a powered steering modified classic.

>Ever heard of the S2K?
old electric racks have better feel than modernshits

>It's almost as if people don't want to shift gears when the car in question serves no other purpose than to get to/from work and isn't focused on fun at all
>he doesn't enjoy heel toeing to and from work
>he's too fucking lazy to rotate his ankle / move his hand once in a while for even the slightest amount of engagement
try driving a non-shit car and you won't find shifting "arduous" or a "waste of time" you fag
>he drives a non-fun car on a daily commute
see >Can't have more used econoboxes without new ones
are you retarded? let normies buy them. this post is about petrolheads

>When you hit your 30s
maintain your youth through physical exercise. men in their 40s and 50s drove in le mans in the deathmachines of the 1960s.

If your commute is boring, unless your car can't do 40mph, you're not doing it right.

You’ll never finish it

congratulations on owning the best 5 series senpai

Holy fucking shit you took my post way too personally. It was just a bit of devil's advocate. I DO drive a manual, I DO drive a decently fun car. That being said the point of my post is that not everybody wants to drive a fuckin NA Miata or something to work for the rest of their life, it's easy to see why older cars become frustrating after a while. Maybe not for me and you, but for a lot of people they do. That doesn't mean they're automatically not car enthusiasts, it just means they have different preferences. Are you sure you're not the retarded one?

>you took my post way too personally
i reckon we both used equally combative text there, but sorry if I took it too far my nig

>having different preferences to me
automatic bad taste desu. I made exceptions to oldfags in the post anyway.

Holy shit, houndstooth makes my dick erect

The base carrera has always had a manual option. I'm not sure if all others do though, but I wouldn't be surprised since they charge upwards of $4k for the PDK option

I care about emissions but I still like cars and working on them. If I had a classic or something else that was too modified to pass emissions I wouldn’t drive it often, and if I have to drive something often I’d make sure it passes a smog. Global warming is, in fact, an issue, and smog is even bigger, especially in Cali because of the population density. And really, I can just get a bigger cat from a junkyard if I want a higher flow exhaust. It’s not like a turbo doesnt already restrict flow, and that would be where the real power comes from.

I still hate new cars because there are no more simple cars, I still ignore the speed limit, I still drive nothing but manual, I still hate Tesla for taking the driver and driving experience out of driving. I just don’t like smelling the fumes coming out of my exhaust.

they really need to give the manual back on the turbos

>he drives a car with electric steering
fucking kill yourself

yeah I agree, I can't believe anyone would drive a car with such little steering feel!