Need advice about theft

Need advice about theft.

I plan on bringing a supermoto to uni with me when the next semester starts up. Problem is they have absolute trash motorcycle parking. Would a disk lock and a cover be good enough or should I go further?

Only a brake lock? Top lel. You need to take the wheels and the handlebar with you if you don't want your bike to get stolen.

Bring it into the dorm with you.

I was thinking like taking the clutch lever off too, bike won't start without it pulled in. Won't prevent a van pick up though.

Anything that can be physically lifted off the ground with 2 guys isn't something I'd want to leave outside overnight, full stop. Do you have some boring shitbox to take instead?

Nah, it's a fairly nice drz400sm I poured a lot of time into. There's a guy who has a husky te449 who had his swiped recently so that makes me a little nervous.

You can avoid most theft attempts by just parking with a few other bikes and always locking it up. Disc lock is good, but most important chain the bike to something solid. That'll stop opportunist thieves and anyone not targeting your bike specifically (IE they need that make/model), as the criminals will simply steal the bike parked next to yours without a lock on it, even if they do van pick-ups.

Make sure your insurance covers theft/vandalism, try park in an area with a camera, so that if you need to claim then it'll be an easier job.

Hidden GPS tracker might be a worthwhile idea, if you can wire one in somewhere sneakily, a friend of mine had a GPS tracker hidden in the seat itself that wasn't spotted by the chop shop. The bike was already in pieces less than 2 hours after it was stolen, but the police were quick to check out the last known location and found the chop shop.

Just cover the bike up and hide it in your dorm room, don't be obnoxious about it, don't tell people, and don't get caught.

>The bike was already in pieces less than 2 hours after it was stolen

They work fast, there are some documentaries on youtube of them stealing and stripping luxury cars down to a shell in a few hours.

My mate's bike was picked up with a few others from a car park, the only one left was the one that had a single shit-tier steel chain around the front wheel and a lamp-post. CCTV showed around 8 guys jump out of a van side door, and muscle the bikes into the van in literally a minute or two. Plates on the van were fake too.

Considering how long you might leave a vehicle, I'd bet that a lot of these thefts are over and done with, the chop shop cleared out, and evidence crushed before the bikes are even discovered stolen.

>hide it in your dorm room
Not going to fly in any US university. There's always one turbofag/dramafag that'll fuck it up, even if they say they don't care.

Cover the bike up, put it on a cheap trolley and pretend it's a drum kit or something.

I had a bike in my room, just make sure nothing is dripping otherwise it will make a mess and possibly smell, and keep it covered, hardest part was getting it in there secretly and back out

Yeah, if I was OP I'd keep the bike hidden in the dorm for the weekends, and get the cheapest shitbox otherwise.

I know of a case where two niggers went and rented a U-Haul truck and loaded a guys supermotto onto it while he was in class and bounced.

That's resourceful.

I'm still impressed, not even mad.

Friends bike got lifted and they tried hot wiring my harley; all in a well lit, gated apartment complex. He had handle bar and wheel locks on. The simple proverb; niggers gonna nig is always true.

Chain it to something solid is probably the best youll do.

They will pull up with a van pick it and load into the van and drive off. Lock it to a pole or something like a bicycle.

Buy similar looking but totally fucked non-running bikes for dead cheap, park them next to yours. Use disc locks and chains, but don't actually chain them to anything. Hide a bomb in the fuel tank with a proximity fuse.

If nigs come and nog, then they'll steal the two bait bikes by throwing them in a van, and ignore yours.

Soon as they've driven more than a few hundred metres, the bomb goes off and kills the nigs. Use a small explosive charge but leave the fuel tank full so it fills the van with burning petrol and smoke, but doesn't demolish innocent vehicles nearby.

Look at it this way, whoever steals your motorcycle will probably be more happy to have it than you are sad to lose it. The overall happiness in the world will go up, so whatever.

Hook up the starter to a wire in the gas tank, make it look enough like an accident when they go to start it, pop anyone questions you just say you were in the middle of fixing it and it wasn't safe to be driven yet

>Bring it into the dorm with you.
University has like dorm security and resident assistants in which means, "no fun allowed". The bikes will have to be in bike cages.

Dynabolt some strong brackets into your car park and bars through the wheels and high tensile chain through the frame. Then keep your ears tuned for the sound of an angle grinder.

Buy a cheap ass Van. Build a ramp for it. Use as mobile garage.

So they must have gotten caught since U-Haul's are easy to track and require credit and licensing information. If you can't steel and get away with it, it really isn't that impressive.