/ovg/ - Upgrade Pace Looking Strong Edition

Welcome to Veeky Forums video games thread

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have.
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Discord: hXmJrJr

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing Gran Turismo Sport, Assetto Corsa, Rust v0.02, Forza 7, and other games on the Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!2YwzDTTB!9-a-rEF8h-Um4SBfQW5pOBEbQg8yjZsilPrpVyDp4u0
trackhq.com/forums/f303/e36-australian-touring-car-suspension-9024/
nm-eng.com/media/attachments/Super Touring Season Review 1996.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=ANQeWLilz3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for forza crashing

Nice trips.

Does anyone know of any driving game that has a Jaguar X300 or X308 in it? Plenty have the XK and XKR in, but I don't know of any that have a XJ or XJR.

3rd for sj

>some retard actually posted this here
What did he mean by this?

Gran Turismo 2

Is there a number plat for /ovgtcc/

>Fugg. Not that I was excited for an UE game, but damn GTR3. SimBin UK is nuSimBin as you said earlier?

nuSimBin is an umbrella term for the following:

>SimBin
who then went bankrupt and reformed as
>Sector 3
and then created a sister company by the name of
>SimBin UK

I don't think there's anything wrong with an UE GT3 game; MXGP3 was pretty sweet.

The problem is what SimBin UK are boasting with GTR3 isn't possible with a massive team, which in interviews they already admitted they don't have.

>talking to yourself

Neato, ty senpai.

Any more recent games?

>Year old interviews of a team that even said they were still taking people on at the time.

You really should try better with your bait desu.

t. Ranek

I would like to thank everyone for showing up. It was quite a turnout, I wasn't expecting that many people. The races were hektik and with some quite fun battles.

With that said. Many of the complains noted have been worked on for the final version of the mod. The complete changelog with all the changes is this:

-Gear shift time fix. The cars suffered from a significant shift delay that has been shortened to fuel cut levels.

-Suspension fix. The springs has been softened overall for all cars. The cars have a more true to life rate now, that can be adjusted to softer than what a btcc car of that era would run, the same, or stiffer. Performance wise, the cars are gonna be slightly slower, since they visibly tilt under braking and cornering, but it makes them drive more naturally. The flipping issue was fixed with that, so if you flip now, it's just driver error and you only have to blame yourself for that.

-Sound fix for the A4 and the 318. Those two cars had boxer like sounds for some reason, which have been replaced with existing sounds from the game.

-A4 Balance of performance. The car now has an additional 50kg on it, which made a significant, but not unfair difference on its performance. Speed wise, while testing in tsukuba, it lost around 2-3 km/h on average down the back straight, but it can handle that with the incredible corner exit it has.

-Privateer Teams boost. Now all the privateer teams are up to factory team standards. That includes the same engines the factory cars have, as well as the shift delay fix. Now you can use the cavalier or the carina and you can be as competitive as the other cars!

Also knockhill is out, and it's replaced with a shorter version of Zandvoort. The final mod will come in the form of a mega link. Mismatches will also be on for the server.

t. James

>-Gear shift time fix.
Don't you have physical shifter setups for your wheels and pedals?

It was hard coded in the hdv file. So no matter what you did, the game would delay the shift.

There isn't one, but you can use the official BTCC one from that era.
mega.nz/#!2YwzDTTB!9-a-rEF8h-Um4SBfQW5pOBEbQg8yjZsilPrpVyDp4u0

>So no matter what you did, the game would delay the shift.
How incredibly realistic. What a simulator!

halp

>-Suspension fix. The springs has been softened overall for all cars. The cars have a more true to life rate now, that can be adjusted to softer than what a btcc car of that era would run, the same, or stiffer. Performance wise, the cars are gonna be slightly slower, since they visibly tilt under braking and cornering, but it makes them drive more naturally. The flipping issue was fixed with that, so if you flip now, it's just driver error and you only have to blame yourself for that.
What the actual fuck am I reading

>implying that mod is ever coming out

The cars had super stiff springs. Like 8 to 9 times over what the cars of that era had. They have a more true to life spring setting now. not being as stiff a 2 by 4 affected their lap times a bit but its not by a lot, and they drive much better now.

>tfw want to race but am full neet mode lately and am never up in time to join in
i really need to get my shit together

real life stuff happened apparently
RSS GT1 pack is out soon™ tho

Do you have a single fact to back that up

I started playing this for the first time recently and honestly the amount of cars that for some reason didn't make it in later games floors me. Both the Vectors, several skylines (I know we had too many but the R33 GTR Sedan and the 280 were both at least more fresh than the 900 bog standard GTR's we had) accord wagons you can turn into race cars, bunch of cool Tom's and Mugen cars. Seriously I get the big jump in needing to redo all the cars between 2 and 3, but would of been nice to see some of them pop up later.

>tfw no dodge stratus

it just comes down to them having about the same dev power as they did back then but with massively higher standards for quality. People should make games that look somewhere between GT2 and GT3 quality levels, then maybe we'd get games with a satisfying amount of content.

ah yes, 600 different miatas and corollas no one will ever use. great content!

>GT Sport doesn't have any of the Classic Special stage courses
Who allowed this?

This and the first Gen Neon ACR made me happy.

Honestly the one thing I hope that comes from them wiping the slate clean with sport and doing updates over time is that they'll actually get some shit in there with less fluff, that said I doubt it'll have some of the benign shit like back in the day. I think that the days of seeing a Status in a racing game are sadly gone.

why couldnt you adjust the springs in the first place

random forum posts are indeed fact.

trackhq.com/forums/f303/e36-australian-touring-car-suspension-9024/

nm-eng.com/media/attachments/Super Touring Season Review 1996.pdf

you could, but the baseline was too stiff

You stupid fuck.

Why do you even post here you retard?

>the amount of cars that for some reason didn't make it in later games floors me
like the best car ever included in any GT game ever

You are truly human garbage!

>get oculus rift
Hey this is pretty cool
>get g920 and assetto corsa!
Hey this is pretty fun
>install dirt rally and use an old joystick as a handbrake
>mfw

I'm never leaving my house this shit is amazing. Save up for a rift if you're considering it.

How good is that sensation when you step out of the rift and think "holy shit, this is in my house"

I've been VR only for a couple of years now between DK2 and CV1 and I still shake my head at that

kek anyone watching this?

youtube.com/watch?v=ANQeWLilz3g

This guy can't drink for shit.

It was always a tossup between body roll and feeling like you're running over a cattle trap in the corners.

it fades after a while. i have rift for a month now and i'm pretty much used to it, i don't even feel any "wow" anymore, it just becomes normal.

i remember when i got rift for the first time and i was walking around the ship in E:D. i carefully avoided virtually renderred part of cockpit and hit my leg against real desk. for a second i wasn't even able to understand what happened, it felt like some kind of system error. amazing experience

Wow how much have he had to drink? He seems hammered already.

He doesn't seem that drunk, I haven't been watching that long I think they said he's upto 7 shots but I don't live in the US so I don't know how much that is.

He's doing surprisingly well, I usually can't sim drive for shit after drinking.

Sometimes I think Dirt Rally is a really good idea when I'm drunk, and then it completely fucking kills my buzz.

Someone should get on his server and spin him out so he pukes

I have a desk next to my rig, and I leaned out to look ou the window of a car and tapped the HMD against the desk and honestly thought it was the window glass for a second.

We have achieved peak simdad.

>peak simdad
Says the person that says that if you aren't willing to buy an entire sim booth, you shouldn't even bother with driving games at all.

don't be so hard on yourself

Bruh you can at least buy a wheel.

Why would I? I already know that buying so much as the wrong model will invite nothing but scorn, and trying to improve that model by myself will just piss people off even more. So much as lengthening a cable is a cardinal sin to sim racers.

Okay now you're just trolling.

You can't splice lines into a thrustmaster. That's what you people told me.

Wait what the fuck? Why are you trying to splice lines? Why can't you just buy a used, functional wheel and get on with it?

>Why are you trying to splice lines?
The lines are too short to reach from pedal to desk in a clean way. This is what I'm told.

You also shouldn't play sims with a controller or be this much of an autist in public forums

Don't listen to /ovg/and do what you want.

Apparently, the cable from the pedals is not long enough to reach the wheel in many setups.

>user doesn't want to cut into a cable of a newly bought consumer toy that might conceivably break inside the warranty period
>WHAT KIND OF FAGGOT ARE YOU CAN'T EVEN SPLICE BRO

This is Rustfag. I'm calling it right now.

Please get help, we are worried about you.

>The lines are too short to reach from pedal to desk in a clean way.
>in a clean way

Literally why does this matter.

You people are the least insane of any community I've encountered. Sad, but true.

>warranty
Why are you so occupied with this?
If you have intentions to return it, then return it now, Otherwise, do what's easiest with it and cut linens and file channels as you please. You bought the thing; it's your property now. Even if your precious warranty is gone, it can still be resold.

I recommended line and hose clamps and conduit hiding panels, but hey. Not good enough.

>Why are you so occupied with this?
Not the guy that bought it, but he's not worried about resale, he's worried about it failing and needing manufacturer repair at manufacturer cost.

>post yfw rustdev is sj
>this is the game developer job he talked about

>he's worried about it failing and needing manufacturer repair at manufacturer cost.
Then return it.

It's obviously not suited to his needs if the lines are short. Or, if the rest of the thing is fine, then it shouldn't need returning ever, and splicing lines into other lines is a trivial job.

This is easy. Just use a glue gun on the lines and you'll be fine.

Have you ever bought anything ever? Have you ever bought something that broke six months later? Do you know what a warranty fucking is?

does anyone sit in anticipation of the auto refresh when they know the thread is active?

Yes lol

>Have you ever bought anything ever? Have you ever bought something that broke six months later?
Tons of things. Everything I own breaks pretty regularly.

Through a combination of lead off of spent pellets and graphite scrap off of pencils, mixed up with a dollar store torch and a straightened-out bobby pin, it all gets better.

With real tools like you have, it should be all the easier to keep things in order. Splicing a line can be done by fucking hand; it's undue worrywort bullshit to go attacking fixtures with a dremel over it just to retain a warranty on a product you clearly have spite for.

If you care for the wheel and actually like it, a warranty shouldn't matter. Wheels are cheap and the parts in them are all even cheaper, and mostly fixable at human scale, even without a proper iron.

I TOLD YOU TO STOP MAKING THREADS BRO.

I TOLD YOU

How exactly do you plan to modify an offset RJ12 connector, hmm?

>this angers and confuses the "just cut up ur brand new $300 peripherals bro" shitposter

what are you even talking about?

TRIGGERED

Nah, it's not even Rust or a racing game. I won't really reveal much to this general since you'll likely hop in and post something stupid in it if you figured it out, but it's a FPS title. Considering we're a small development team right now operating with less budget than I'm willing to spend on a wheel for racing, we're not doing too bad. At the worst case scenario we release as FOSS and have something to talk about years later.

>Considering we're a small development team right now operating with less budget than I'm willing to spend on a wheel for racing

If you have a budget of less than $100, how are they paying you?

That's not a job at all. That's volunteer work.

You don't. You slice the cable in the middle, strip all the leads, and attach new lines from pin to pin. It's not hard. Don't worry about warranties; it's a fucking cable.

Never said being a vidya developer was my job though, I just said I was a vidya developer and a bassist now. Right now I'm a contractor and whenever I have times where none are available, I spend the time developing the game.

>vidya developer

modder. you are a modder.

FUCK my Thrustmaster won't turn on now.

This. Modding is not game development.

youre not a developer

Shouldn't have attacked it with a Dremel.

That's right you're not a vidya developer. Where is your game? You fucking nodev.

What did SJ mean by this?

How do we fix Assetto Corsa?

we let their very capable team of simulation software developers fix it on their own

launch uninstall.exe and play PC2 instead

everything but return to rshittor

Is there a link to this or are you waiting until 3 hours before the next race?

release AC2

>AC2
pls happen

AC2lightsources

>put my info into the OVGr.3 doc 12 hours ago
>check it now
>it's gone
fine fuck y'all i don't even wanna play with you fagets
i mean i do but don't delet my shit pls

ovgr3 has been dead for over a week

and i can't try to relieve the problem?

you're free to make your own series yes