Are Modern Lincoln's Reliable Cars?

I assume the cost of ownership over 5 years wouldn't be as high as the European options, but a little more expensive than the generic brands like Chevrolet and regular Ford.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FvJCCoLoKRA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They’re alright

Would still get a Cadillac over a Lincoln any day

I like Cadillac too, but the interiors have too much glossy plastic for my taste. The other option would be a Lexus sedan.

Yea I would agree, test drove a loaded ct6 w/ 3.0tt and AWD. Drove great but the interior felt cheap and not well put together for a $90k car. I guess that’s why Cadillac is having a hard time selling them

Glossy interior finishes aren't a sign of luxury anymore, and haven't been for a long time. I guess nobody told Cadillac that replacing the center console's glossy finish with something else would make their cars feel more worth the price. A darker colored wood or a metal option would be good as upscale options, and matte black plastic should be a free option too.

I sat in one of these the other day and it was pretty comfy. Being me I'd prefer something a bit more sporty for that kind of money, but if I was buying a Luxary sedan and I needed to drive business clients around the MKZ would be on the top of my list.

A somewhat understated Luxury midsize sedan, with power and with lower repair costs is what we're looking for. Lincoln, Lexus, and Cadillac are the best ones, but Lincoln gets the styling and power down best for our wants.

or you could buy something actually desirable from carmax and get the dope warranty.

I don't want a Land Rover, Doug. And I am looking in the lightly used market (20K miles or less).

that stupid front end looks like a fucking pig

And I don't like Porches because they look like obese stingrays.

no they're not. The MKZ and MKZ hybrids are ok because they're fusions and fusions have proven to be OK.

but everything else is not.

Lincoln had ford dealers rebuild continental engines before they could sell them as new cars.

The ecoboost engines blow up.
Water leaks galore.
Side door latches unhook while driving.

Focus, Flex, F-150, Expedition, Taurus, Navigator, MKT, MKC, Edge everything sucks. Ford Sucks

Wierd, my porch is rectangular

Typos make for funny jokes. I don't really mind Porsche, but they just aren't my thing. Looking for a midsize sedan with good power and with styling you like, without breaking the bank, can be difficult. The Fusion Sport looks weird to me, and doesn't quite have the comfort I'm looking for either. The KIA Stinger isn't an option because it's a KIA and I don't trust them yet, it appeals to the sporty crowd more than luxury, and it will take a year for them to appear on the market and good used prices when we're looking to get a car before next Spring.

mileage is a meme. it'd be better to buy a car with 40 or 60k if it was in better condition overall.

That sounds right. Someone could own the car for 10K miles, but in that time they might have driven it pretty hard. Meanwhile, someone who drove a car for 35K miles might take better care of it. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Cars in that price range are pretty much all leased anyway, right? I doubt anyone cares how reliable they are, except as it's reflected in their insurance.

That's especially why I want to stay away from used European luxury cars. From what I've heard and seen, they cost a lot to maintain even if they aren't driven hard by a jerk.

Yup, unless you're Leno rich, only buy a luxury car with coverage.

youtube.com/watch?v=FvJCCoLoKRA

I don't know, man. Lincolns are Fords, and Lexus is a fancy Toyota. And despite what Veeky Forums says about Ford, everywhere else says they're fine for reliability.

Yeah, if you had to own fully a premium car, a Lincoln, Lexus, or Acura would probably be the safest, and you'll get raped the least for parts.

Ford/lincoln is amazingly reliable. It's all on how you take care of the car

>It's all on how you take care of the car
Yes, but what about the European models? Sure the car will work, but don't they have more expensive repairs/more frequent repairs needed to keep things running smoothly? I'm willing to pay a bit more for a nicer car, but not a huge amount more. I'm just looking for help and trying to make sure I don't make a mistake, and I don't know much more than the average person about this kind of thing. That means I'm a step above clueless.

>all this shit tier advice

Look at what even lightly used Lincolns sell for compared to their msrp. Lincolns don't hold their value for shit because everyone knows they are garbage beyond the first few years.

I could say the same about the Lexus IS 350 F Sport. 45K new, but a two year old model with 15K miles on it and they go for about the same price as the Lincoln MKZ. Vehicle depreciation is pretty bad in most cases, so that's why I'm basing things more off of repair costs.

Pretty much all luxury cars lose value at an incredible rate.

Lincolns lose their value far quicker than Lexus. The Lexus IS holds its value better than any car in its class.

>lincoln
>luxury
Kek. Yes, all cars lose value quickly, but Lincolns do so at a rate not seen in most other brands, which helps answer OP's question.

>Lincolns lose their value far quicker than Lexus.
Then you say the following in the next line:
>lincoln
>luxury

So if by your definition, it isn't luxury, then what's wrong with slightly worse depreciation? With what you've laid down on the table, everything adds up. And honestly, I'm not bothered by the Lincoln's fit, finish, and features.

cadillac is better, but lexus is well better too

It was a joke. Sorry you chose to be triggered by that rather than respond to the point.

To OP, just look at what lightly used Lincolns go for compared to MSRP and then do the same thing for other brands in that segment. You'll have your answer. If Lincolns were some great used car the market would know.

Well then, on the subject of value retention and resale, do you think the red interior in the IS would be easy to sell in the future?