youtube.com/watch?v=gXAUne9AKSo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

suggestion to merge with /mg/ because it keeps dying

>asking 9,000$ for a used almost 30 year old car
>doesn’t post miles
>only uses one picture

This will totally get bought.

first for NC a decent

the car is owned by the namefag thatnigwithanE30 and it was joke based off pic related and

brap
r
a
p

thatsthepoint.jpg

bingo

>tfw your 2.0 starts to rattle and you begin shopping for 2.5 &internals
>tfw it was just a shitty vvt solenoid and intermittently fixes itself & returns
when will this 2.0 blow?
its already at 76k miles
i NEED a reason to build a 2.5

NO GOOD RACING

BYE BYE POLICE

bump for Floridabros
ayy nice NC user

thanks
ive been seriously considering getting that printed large for muh fatbox to cover up some scratches
would it look weird on ?

bump
gonna do it in a circle though

well it would be weird because its literally a Kanjo Team in Japan that are all Honda's but hey its your car.

speedhunters.com/2013/02/kanjo-tribe-osaka-night-fighters/

stickydiljoe.com/2015/10/14/no-good-racing-30th-anniversary-coverage-part-1/

yea i know its a honda thing, im a hondafag that misses my crx daily
guess ill do the circle first and decide on the logo later
i have black circles otw but idk

Here's a potentially easy one:

Got a '93, what are some relatively inexpensive upgrades I can do to make it more fun or look cool? Leaving it intentionally open-ended, so your definitions of "inexpensive," "fun," and "cool looking" are welcome. The car has some rusting and frame rust/damage I'm going to remedy with rust removal and aftermarket frame rails before anything.

If you'd like a more specific question to answer, here is one:

It can be a bit difficult to get into gear, requiring me to play with the clutch pedal position and sort of coax it in, especially downshifting. I've replaced the slave cylinder which helped but I'm wondering if I should replace the master next or try another fix.

bump

Anyone know if anyone has ever made a hybrid NA or NB?

what is the largest size of argon cylinder can I fit in my NA? Anyone have experience with this?

Depends. Is your passenger seat still in the car?

IMO, the most beneficial mods are tires and then shocks.
I went from noname chinkychong 185's to Direzza ZII's and I'll never look back, best consumable $800 I ever spent. I then later spent $1000 (NZD) on koni yellow sports and again, night and day. Apparently the next best thing(s) are a welded rollbar (Front welded to rails and rear welded to rear chassis rail) that gives the wet-noodle NA a much needed boost and then front swaybar braces and/or an uprated front swaybar.

What are these seats worth/how rare are they?

Everyone seems to have different results, but a lot of people use either the motorcraft trans oil or the redline MT-90 (Or a blend of MT-90 and MTL).
I'd flush the current fill either way, just make sure you use GL-4.
Try sucking all the shit out of the turret and replace with any old GL-4 or GL-5 basement oil (google it).

It can be removed

Hybrid in what way, panels?
It seems there's 3 schools of thought.
NA: Like the style, don't care about noodle chassis or will spend money to bandage.
NB: Like the style
NB: Superior chassis, just as many aftermarket parts and ultimately costs less than an NA + chassis rigidity addons.

There's a couple foglight NB to NA bumper grafts but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Then you can probably fit two or three 350cf cylinders in your Miata.

with the roof up?

Probably not.

how does one go about lifting one of these into a car/truck? Do I show up with a hand truck or something?

i remember in the 90s v8 ls1 powered mx-5 called monster miata

Not unknown, not uncommon. There's literally subframe kits and a hammer to fit one these days.
Practically everything under the sun worth mentioning has been swapped.

Oats & squats.

Anyone here running tein street advance coilovers? How are they? Planning on ordering a set on monday, redline360 sells them for $500 and I've seen great reviews on them

I wish coilovers for my car were that cheap. No less than $1000 for cheapos in MustangLand

you suck at the internet.
they are clearly mazdaspeed seats, to which you couldve googled

"Manufactured for MAZDASPEED by Bride.

Two types, A-Spec sport seats, and Type-F. The A-specs had the Mazdaspeed logo down the center of the seat with graduated striping and vinyl(?) sides/backing , and the Type-F's were one solid color and a suede-like material."

They are were made specifically for the FD3S Rx7 but can be outfitted on Miata as you see there

there is almost no difference between chassis rigidity between na and nb
nb has some extra bracing added in but it's negligible

slicctop

[reverse idler rattling]

yes, it requires cutting the fenders and welding on the front half of the NA fenders to the NB parts.

There are some pics floating about the 'net of a purple NB with an NA front end but they were hosted on Photobucket, and are now offline.

ok gramps

youtube.com/watch?v=SLONL8ax9CI

flyinmiata.com/V8/ND.php

Ok so i want a honest opinion.

I had a GT86 for 3 years and sold it, want to get something cheap and fun for a 2nd car. Have a 1.6 2002 NB in view, i'd rather have the 1.6 than the 1.8. Should i go ahead with withe NB?
OR
a) get a E36 BMW which is cheaper thinking 320i l6 with vanos
b) get another GT86 which i fucking loved, however it wasn't a great commuter car

Has to be under 2000cc

Has anyone here wielded their diff? I haven't ridden in one and I'm considering it for the miata but however it'll be rough as shit and weaken parts so I wanna save for a vicious LSD but in the meantime I think I'm content with the stock miata diff.

you will hate it and the car will be a pain in the ass to drive
just get a torsen unless you actually plan on two-wheeling it around corners

Didn't the 1.8s come with torsen's anyway? Atleast anything 95' and up

NC a good first car? They're not that much more expensive than previous models around here, and even though I like the idea of learning to work on it and building a little workshop, I don't want too much of that from the beginning. NA's are cool and all, but even with relatively low kms it sounds more like a hobby, I still want to be able to drive it when needed.
I heard NBs rust more, do NCs also have problems? They seem to get a lot of hate from miata enthusiasts, don't know how much of it is just memeing (to me they look gorgeous, much more elegant than new miatas and fiatas even if they're objectively better).
Have fast miata:
youtube.com/watch?v=gXAUne9AKSo

The VLSD doesn't actually do anything.

The 1.6 doesn't have enough power to actually cause the fluid inside to lock the diff.

go with e36 if you want a daily

they don't get hated on, its just that they are the worst miatas.

For the most part almost everyone places them at the bottom of their lists when comparing the models.

That being said its still a good car. Also thats not a fast miata, thats a fast driver.

That's what they say, but why tho? Was it the chassis? The engine? The little things? Is it down to feel? As I said, looks aren't a negative for me.
What puzzles me most is that people praise NDs, even the RF! If it were simple purism I'd understand -I wholly believe that the older the violin, the sweeter the tune- but that seems to disprove it since they look completely different.
I don't even need a fast miata: No plans of tracking it, and always preferred secondary roads.

its because its the most pigfat out of all the miata.

rusty POS miata guy here
Yeah, obviously i'mnot working fast enough to keep my own threads

I'm pretty happy though, structural work on passenger side is done

This is the rot before

and now

the shit spray is 80% zinc so that my awful welds are protected
I'm not even grinding them as those will be covered by the plastic protection plate and the wing

I'll update tomorrow if anyone is interested

i really hope you're repairs will last

>I'll update tomorrow
do it

damn homie

Hard tops need to stop being so god damn expensive.

Buy one, and then make a mold with it and mass produce your own tops. That'll bring the price down.

Guys I need help. I daily drive a 1990 miata with no AC or Power steering. No soft top (hard top 24/7). No windshield washer. No charcoal canister.
My mod list is kind of long but I'm trying to make the rawest sports car experience possibly with /poorfag/ status. So no turbo (yet).
I don't know what to do next and keep flopping around with ideas. How do I get everything out of this fucking 112hp wet limp dick noodle?

Anybody here hoon on public streets a lot? Every time I set myself up for a corner i've done hundreds of times I pussy out once I'm going so fast. I'm afraid that the back end is just going to slide out instantly and I lose control. I've done 5 autocross events and still am afraid to hit any good public roads.
I'm talking mostly about pushing the 45mph roads at 65 normally and trying to go 70+

What are some patrician wheel choices for the ND? My first pick was TE37s but everyone seems to be getting them. I like the BBS's that come with the brembo package, but would like something 8 or 8.5".

I've had 2 AE NBs and an ND and the ND is just amazing beyond compare. They're all fun though, just the ND is more fun.

Are you prepared for Christmas /mg/?

Bro had a 2017 MX5 RF as a rental for a while. The thing is really fucking nice, man.

a friend of mine offered to make me a carbon fiber one soon(tm)
idk when he'll actually do it, hes making a lot of stuff for himself but im still excited

W2c

Just get a little hat and zip tie it

in hs you was the mane homie

I need every bit of information about the NA lights. I have a feeling that its not normal for the lower white light to be on at the same time as the headlights. Is there a stuck relay? Where are they anyway? Behind the glovebox?

that's probably normal
either that or mine's fucked too

949 racing 6UL

*inhales*
guys
*EXHALES*
I NEED A RF SO FUCKING BAD

Get it in red or grey, though. The new paint technique is worth the money.

>this beautiful fucking car
>will never own a 2seater again now that I have kids

Have two cars, derp.

most ND miata owners are 50+ years old with grand children

you'll have fun again, eventually

it looks really nice and practical and all, but doesn't it feel a bit like a cage compared with other miatas?

I'm 6'1" and a fairly large build, but I still fit into it just fine. Wouldn't recommend doing long road trips or anything, but it's functional enough.

Me too. It'll sleep 99.9% of the times in its garage so...
also, FUCK. FUCKFUCKFUCK
I ordered a wheel for 0.6mm wire and the fuckers sent the wrong reference, so I could not weld tonight.
I'm really really frustrated, I'll go ahead and try to find the correct wheel tomorrow, otherwise I'll just buy 0.8mm wire... I hate losing time. Hopefully I'll have the wing on tomorrow
It's been a full week since I started, not so bad so far

Needs more jpeg

I meant because of the stuff behind your head. I've ridden with a roll cage and even that is just not the same as not having absolutely anything behind.
Presumably they're the same size.

Oh, that. With the top open you barely notice it's there, desu.

Finally got my new wheels on and I'm finally not scared of posting miata. Previous owner had donk wheels so took a while to find a nice set of 14s. 1997 LSD and 1.8L for 2400, no rust. How'd I do lads? Plis no bully

Tires 100%. If that's not cheap enough for you then save up and buy tires anyway. Then upgrade your suspension to handle the extra grip better.

As for your shifting issue, if its all gears then I would think it has something to do with the hydraulic clutch system. You may have air in the lines, your master may need replacing or a bench bleed, or your clutch pedal may not be adjusted properly (people often forget about this when servicing the clutch system).

I started using the motorcraft stuff after trying Royal Purple Max Gear, which is gl-5 spec but advertised as safe for gl-4 use. I didn't like it, the car was difficult to shift sometimes. The synchros were definitely not working as well as they had before and it was very apparent on upshifts.
I switched to the motorcraft and it actually made a big difference. It's not cheap but it's good stuff. It's supposed to be lifetime fill too, but most people seem to recommend changing at 60k miles.

Soyboy mobile general

Skip the viscous and get a torsen man. The VLSD is still weak as shit. If you're planning on tracking the car or any hard use, the torsen is the way to go. You don't need anything more unless you have some insane build. But hey if you're dead set on the VLSD i got one for you in southern NH.

That's not exactly true. It definitely works assuming it doesn't have a ton of miles on it. The fluid does tend to break down with a lot of mileage, rendering it mostly open.

That's your brain knocking some sense into you. There's no reason to go 10/10 on public roads man, It's just not worth it.

Normal broseph

>~50lbs more than NB
>pigfat
exactly
they are a good vert roadster
but not a good miata

Looks nice man. Wash and wax that shit!

nice m8
it deserves a hardtop

can confirm
the Vlsd shits the bed when pushed hard even slightly over stock power levels
then it gets hot and really shits itself

this, vlsd is plain horrible, no matter the car
350z, early rx7 fd, it's SHIT

just watch out for the togichi fuji lsd from NB 2003, they tend to disintegrate for no reason, 2004 onward are supposedly ok again
they are actually better since they have preload unlike torsen from earlier years

Should I buy a miata?

If you want RAW, then throw in some poly suspension bushings. They're probably cheaper than new rubber ones so as not to offend your poorfag sensibilities. You could get a rollbar and some door bars and various other chassis stiffening bits too. Make that shit stiffer than my cock gets when I'm thinking about plowing man ass.

Ya man, I killed mine at stock power with a few years of autocross.

Yes.

OK. I will buy a miata.

My miata is so fun to drive it's fucking great. Rowing through the gears while redlining slowly past other cars at 25mph is so fucking fun I can't explain it. It's like being able to think you're driving a racecar but you're going at safe speeds.

Honestly if the miata was any faster stock I would have probably died at this point, not even joking.

excellent
take HPDE or do a few autox and learn its limits in a safe environment
or dont, hooning is stupid fun inna miat

Whats it like having a turbo miata? Is the time and money you put into it worth it for you?

absolutely
if you havent experienced moderate power inna light car then you havent lived

well it really depends on the condition of youre cars power/drive train, youre power goals, and how you treat youre stuff
if you are going for a lower power setup and your cars engine and trans are in decent shape/ you dont abuse it
you can pretty reliably run 6-8 lbs boost for a long while with marginal additional wear to components and just basic upgrades that are usually included inna tarbo kit
BUT if your shit is been flogged to within an inch of its life, your gonna start breaking things and end up spending extra dosh on things
that aside, like said, a moderate gain in power over stock makes a light car feel absolutely hectic
ive never met a person or read about someone who legit regretted going FI and ive beat on/tracked miatas since early 2000's
>tfw no twincharged shitbox