youtu.be/daQNuKjTKv8?t=302
youtube.com/watch?v=R9gFrVSHenA
youtube.com/watch?v=yeLBv03hDsA
youtube.com/watch?v=xTi0jx7FNno
youtube.com/watch?v=YYio4aWxUfE
youtube.com/watch?v=U5RQQ-e4C1g
youtube.com/watch?v=YwDxe4QFgI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can most definitely drift with an All-Wheel-Drive set up. However, you need really crappy tires or a slick surface and constantly be on power. If you just try to take a sharp turn going fast with good tires youre just going to under steer look like an idiot. It's not an easy task especially if your power split is 50/50 but it can be done given the right conditions.

"No" - Ken Block

"Yes" Ari Vatanen -a much better driver than Ken block

the point i was making that OP is stupid. of course Ari is better. I'm just referencing all the stupid gymkhana drift videos Ken Block does.

I want to know the kind of person OP is to ask such a dumb fucking question.

Four wheel drives can pull off power slides (especially an STi due to the rear biased AWD system). They can also pull off inertia slides pretty well.

Having the 4WD system will make the task more challenging.

anythings possible with enough power

Or a functioning handbrake and snow.

you can drift fwd if your balls are big enough

5:02:
youtu.be/daQNuKjTKv8?t=302

If you have power to the rear wheels that just becomes a whole lot easier.

Also WRC.

nope.

On the tarmac not really, but in gravel or snow, sure you can. Just do a scandinavian flick and don't countersteer, you can hold slides for a long time if you do it like this. That's assuming you have a proper AWD system, not that bullshit FWD pretending to be AWD that some VWs/Audis have.

Just drive it in reverse ;>

>not that bullshit FWD pretending to be AWD that some VWs/Audis have.
You mean GM, Ford?? If not, then explain these to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=R9gFrVSHenA
youtube.com/watch?v=yeLBv03hDsA
youtube.com/watch?v=xTi0jx7FNno
youtube.com/watch?v=YYio4aWxUfE

How could you so blindly say shit that's not true? You just sound like an angry retard. Audi has torsen except A3, TT, base models which are haldex
New models might be all haldex (except S/RS) which is sad but then again they're not sports cars so it doesn't necessarily matter

blocklets btfo

>you need really crappy tires or a slick surface and constantly be on power.
You just need to be a non-shitty driver.

>If you just try to take a sharp turn going fast with good tires youre just going to under steer look like an idiot.
There's more than one way to drift, you idiot.

>hitting the break
>lift off throttle
>Scandinavian flick
>clutch kick
>handbreak accompanied by Scandinavian flick or something else

>you can drift fwd
Left foot breaking and trail breaking hard enough to break grip can get FWD to drift.

>on tarmac not really
You just need to be going fast enough and not be a shit driver.

youtube.com/watch?v=U5RQQ-e4C1g

longitudinal = real awd at least for audi
traverse = meme wheel drive

>There's more than one way to drift, you idiot.
>>hitting the break
>>lift off throttle
>>Scandinavian flick
>>clutch kick
>>handbreak accompanied by Scandinavian flick or something else
When the hell did I say there was only one way to drift? "Idiot" Coming in here acting like you know absolutely everything about drifting. I simply said you can't just try kicking your rear end out at high speed and think you're going to go sideways dip shit.

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=YwDxe4QFgI8

>You just need to be a non-shitty driver.
Your logic is saying so long as you're not a "shitty driver", you can hop in an old ass NA subaru with like 70 HP and drift it the way it is? Dumbest shit I've ever heard. I would pay to see "a non-shitty driver" drift a pos with 70 HP and All Wheel Drive with a 50/50 split succesfully without ice or bald ass tires.

I drift my NA Subaru shitbox around highway cloverleaves when it rains all the time. Helps that it has a rear LSD and a really short first and final drive to have it right on the power peak at a good speed to drift it at.

>SUGOIIIIIII

At the risk of sounding like a weeb there's something so charmy/funny about Japanese car presenters.

"Absolut" - Walther Röhrl

>snow
>press both a little of brake and gas at same time
>weight over the front wheels + rear brakes usually being weaker than the front's allows the rear wheels to spin
did this with my bro's awd jag x type

The S1 has a haldex system that kind of resembles a torsen awd, atleast that's better than fwd soccer mom snow assist