>cute
>all the safety shit
>$40k
>$600/mo subscription
>includes maintenance
>includes liberty mutual insurance
>includes 15k mi/yr
>you can trade up after a year, every year

I'm not seeing any downsides here. Can you help me Veeky Forums?

I hope they put the Care By Volvo on their CPOs.

>4 bangers
>chink car
>$80 tablet made in china - unreliable
>woman car

>$600/mo subscription
wut
what an awful deal

>not offered with the 400hp T8 hybrid driveline
That's the problem. I just want my compact hybrid Volvo hot hatch on stilts.

Every lease included maintenance you dumb cuck

>$600/mo for a shitty crossover

no thanks

Down to wiper blades and tire issues?

>$7200 gone after 12 months

>get to drive a brand new $40k Volvo for only $7200 every 12 months

The average new car depreciates 19% in the first 12 months, that's about 7600 USD for a 40K vehicle. The subscription/lease deal they're proposing here isn't bad compared to buying it new, especially if you can use it as some sort of tax deductible in your country. Not that I'd buy new anyways, depreciation is just too much for me (and most of Veeky Forums).

So in 5 years you could have it paid off and drive for free, or you can keep paying for the rest of your cuck life.

Why don't you just go do it? Why even post this thread if you're just going to argue with everyone who disagrees with yiur faggoty life choices?

Not OP, but I also want to talk this out. It doesn't seem like that bad of a deal with everything considered, especially when my monthly insurance is close to $200 alone.

At the end of that 5-year finance you'd be stuck with a cheap-ass Volvo shitbox worth next to nothing anyway, so why not just pay it and experience 5 new Volvos in the same time period?

>renters mentality

Why millennials are all broke: the post.

Why do you need to own your car?

Serious question.

You lose money either way. You lose more financing given you have to pay all the maintenance, insurance, etc. on your own.

Not him, but investing into depreciating assets doesn't exactly make you money either.

Cheapest car you can drive is a 3K Civic. Anything else you dont need - unless you've got the disposable income to either buy or lease a newer car. There's not much of a difference anymore, the costs are pretty much the same.

Usually leasing is less than financing. I am leasing a $40k toyota 4runner for $349/month. The point is that you pay less than the cost to finance because at the end you have nothing to show for it. If you're comfortable paying $7200/year for a car you give back, go for it.

>financing
>owning a car
Pick one.

Will a 3k Civic drive down the road for me though? Keeping my hand on the steering wheel the whole time is so 2000-late.

You have to pay for insurance when you lease too, moron

For a young driver just the insurance alone can be $200+
Volvo rolls it in at a flat rate.We know its not free, its about the convenience.

Worst car design in recent history. Looks like a fucking piece of soap.

That's the V40 you fuck

My bad, didnt realize it included insurance

I'm praying for a C40 that looks like a 2 door version of that new XC/S/V90 lineup.

On another note, Volvo has all the building blocks for a midengined, 400hp AWD hybrid with RWD bias - so why don't they do that?

Probably because only about 200 people would buy it?

Car companies don't exist to please random autists, they exist to sell a LOT of cars.

Volvo is Chinese now, so they have unlimited money to do RWD.

FUCKING HELL

YOU CANNOT JUST FUCKING SLAP THE SAME FRONT ON EVERY DAMN CAR OF YOUR BRAND.

THE PROPORTIONS ARE ALL FUCKED UP.

NOTHING FUCKING FITS FUCKING RETARDS

>Cars are now throwaway appliances just like phones
Seems like a good idea.

You'd really want to lease something like that. Those electronics and the 400hp 4banger are going to fail before you get the thing payed off.

Generally speaking is it a good idea to lease a car?

Depends on a lot of factors, lease terms aren't always the same.

I was told it is always better to buy though.

Depending on how a car depreciates it can be better to buy it so you'd sell for its retained value. That offsets the cost of ownership some.
A short lease with covered maintenance work for a year or two is fine if you have the money. You get a new decent vehicle for a year or two at the cost of a few grand. There are other stipulations and risks with a lease though.