/fog/ Fallout General

The Institute did nothing wrong edition.

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m (embed)

>Storyfag's imgur:
imgur.com/a/iNUlq

pre-war thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=58
youtu.be/RIuOU00ucjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OH MY GOD WHY ARE THE COLLISION MESHES IN FO4 SO FUCKING BAD I CAN'T EVEN SHOOT THROUGH A FUCKING RAILING WITH A 1 FOOT WIDE HOLE IN IT FUCK YOU BETHSHIT

I like your story Cait. I can't wait to read more of it :)

Looksmenu

You will need FO4se. Save your game with your new Nora. Then use looksmenu to save her face as a preset. In your other game with Nate, use Looksmenu with your old Nora. Then load the preset. Simple.

But if you're gonna go through all that you might want to look into similar presets and then do tweaks to them because, I'm sorry bro, your Nora doesn't really look like the woman in the picture. Its very hard to make a waifu from an image, its best to download a similar preset and edit it.

Thanks buddy.

Yeah I realize it doesn't look too similar. I uhhh have fucked around exactly once with making a character when I made Stark/Solomon and have never done it since. I've got a bad eye for detail and only got Solomon right because I've had the warhammer mini for years.

Idk of any presets that are close to Inquisitor Lillith besides the Loving Piper mod that doesn't work anymore. It's what I used when I turned Piper into Inquisitor Lillith last year or the year before, whenever I did it last.

So even though there is a fallout4.exe in the update pack dropping them in the same folder as the original Fallout4.exe won't break anything?

And even though they're not .esms they're somehow included?

Yeah, they were pretty awful last time I played it.

Reminds me of this

No fucking way. Where is this?

Not too far from Pickmans. Can't remember the exact spot. But it's around there, northish of it.

Any window ever in fallout 4 retard.

Loving Piper is still up on Nexus. There's an entire section on Nexus for character presets, it wouldn't hurt to sift through them. I'm sure with the right combo of hair, makeup, and textures, you could find one thats strikingly similar to the picture.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=58

iirc it was somewhere near the Railroad HQ. Might have BEEN the railroad HQ!

yeah but it doesn't work anymore. I've tried. Only the uhh reporter edition works, and it wasn't the one I used.

Thats odd. Its just a face preset. There's probably some way to extract it.

Oh well, later /fog/.

see

Lies

>admiting to being one of Maxson's dogs
user... user please.

Fairly new to modding, generally don't like doing much of it at all really. Other than "Every full body armor counts as an undersuit" and maybe "Weightless chems" I may try getting a body mod of some sort, do those work with the "All armors as undersuits" mods? Because I really liked mixing the various suits so they clipped into interesting new designs (Usually one of the BoS pocketed armors or the Helmeted Cage armor as an undersuit. Oh yeah I also use one that let all body suits accept the superkevlar.

Let no threat to humanity survive, ad victoriam

Lets be honest here. The Institute is the best hope for the Commonwealth getting Fig Newton's back. The bos will have me eating subpar snacks for the rest of my life. Id rather die!

If they had kept themselves in check and actually been attempting to improve the well being of humanity as a whole you would have a valid point. Unfortunately they are too preoccupied with playing god and oppressing their fellow man allowing one man to rule them into ruining the lives of innocents. Their pursuits are not to better humanity but to replace it and make it obedient to them.

While they do research that would benefit everyone they keep it for themselves not because it is dangerous but because they see those on the surface as beneath them.

Just tried it again and there's no change. r i p.

It's not such a bad thing, to step over the trash of the commonwealth. Progress takes sacrifice. And the quality of life has been improving, down in the institute.

Like I said user, they can bring back Fig Newton's. The bos is trash and can't even into fancy lads. They are shit! Shit!

Unfortunately their quality of life has been leaking to the surface, they have proven to be a threat to humanity's survival due to their unwillingness to go against one man pushing for such extreme measures. Any threat capable of completely earasing and replacing humanity will be dealt with, with extreme prejudice.

those 1024 textures hurt my soul.

Remember when we used to be alive?

>hurr I hate half the people who post here, I'm gonna complain about them until they feel bad and keep quiet
>"where did everyone go?"

user can you truly prove that any of us have ever been alive? Just like the ss, can he ever truly prove father is his son?

You should've listened. We could've prevented this.

>Tfw the good guys never win
Orders were orders
Also you guys shouldn't have been dumb asses and turned anyone one you met against you until after you had already re-established control.

Sums it up pretty well

If I add a perk with console commands will it not work? I have one luck but I consoled Idiot Savant in for the EXP gain. It has yet to proc, though.

It has a random chance to proc, and the chance is substantially lower depending on your int. So if you have 10 int it will rarely proc. Also, stop cheating you cheater.

>tfw finally rid of felicia day
>tfw her last minutes were spent hearing the screams of her family and friends
>tfw no face
Blowing up the BOS bunker is my favorite moment in vanilla NV.I hoarded every single explosive over the entire game to mine the fuck out of the place.

>implying waifufags are self concious enough to ever stop
Make no mistake, this general is going straight /tesg/-tier cancer and nothing will stop it.
What Skyrim did to /tesg/, FO4 is doing to /fog/.

Its kind of sad that the person that contributes the most around here is Buff.

Any time I ask for input on something I never get replies.

Contributes fucking what, starting shitty arguments, posting fetish shit and making some mods, oh best suck his cock
You're a fucking faggot and so is he, kys

>Trainwiz
>High functioning socially capable autismo who doesn't stop

>Buffscale
>Autistic scaly with repressed sexual emotions involving his mother

Buff contributes more than the average user. These are facts.

I want to nut in Nat
[Spoiler] pls dont die i have nowhere else to say this [\spoiler]

How can you monitor and tell what the average user posts?

You should die instead

I watched Buff help a guy for several hours with a hat mod on here. I rarely see help as in-depth or as caring as that. I don't care what you say, but Buffscale has been nothing but beneficial to /fog/. Unlike your shitposts. Its clear that Buffscale cares about this community, unlike you.

The one when buff sent him the file that was wrong?
>Nothing but beneficial
That's like me saying he has been nothing but a detriment, if you're gonna believe in absolutes like that then you can fuck off my man

This shit makes me want to commit Sudoku.

Elders lyons a best.
Maxson need to be more humble, let go the deus vult against synth (the war against the institute was a good move to protect the commonwealth and humanity). Otherwise he's a decent mix between the fanatics xenophobes technofachist from the west and lyons the humanist.

>creating super mutant and want to emiminate the humans who suffered from the radiation because you see them as inferior.
Enclave is the same as the institute. A shit. Ad victoriam.

>ywn be as triggered over a FOG tripfag as this user

Not an argument

Cait an uggo and a shit. A shit!

Bump

reminder

Why's he called the Sole Survivor when he wasn't the only survivor of Vault 111?

Do Bethesda just name their protags because they think it would sound cool?

Where's the part about the Institute murdering innocent, unsuspecting human beings in order to have more toasters in more places

>get kidnapped by the institute
>steal my identity and memories
>get transformed into an immortal robot with my memories and personality
sweet deal to be honest

But how would the minuteman treat the toaster?

Synths are objectively superior to humans.

+They're smarter, you can make a synth to be as smart as you're able to program it which is infinitely smarter than most humans
+They're stronger, you can make a synth to be as strong as you want.
+They're immortal, synths are immune to radiation, disease, ageing and basically everything short of being dismantled
+Unlike Super-Mutants they can replenish and expand their population. You can just program a synth with the knowledge of how to build more.

It's like if the Master's plan was actually flawless and there was literally no reason not to side with him. The Institute know what they're doing and only post-apocalyptic SJW's and Cyberpunk ISIS are against them.

>We got a settlement that needs your toast

That's all well and good, and I can even agree with this to a very large extent. But it still doesn't address the wanton slaughter or innocent people who were of zero threat.

>I don't like slaughtering innocent people
>Therefore I will use nuke a university.

Non-institute endings are retarded.

The sole existence of Synths with free will has to be one of the most retarded things i've ever seen in my life, who in their right mind would be ok with giving free will of thought to a machine that is designed to be BETTER than you in every aspect, without mentioning Synths could eventually learn to manufacture more Synths?

I love it when a bad writer tries to do something grand because it is satisfying to see them try to justify their shit writing.

Because the entire goal of the Institute is for synths to eventually replace humanity and for everyone to be turned into a synth. As I say, it's literally just the same thing the Master was trying to do only without the fatal flaw that meant the Master's plan wouldn't work.

Not that the plot of Fallout 4 isn't shit or badly written mind you, the fact that the supposed villains are actually the only semi-sensible faction in the game is one of the reasons why it's so shit.

Dismantle the toaster to build more turrets.

I'm not defending the other factions at all, user. But again, killing non-threatening members of my fellow man is an objectively morally wrong thing to do. Not actually sure what is meant by "Therefore I will use nuke a university"

Is there still no mod to make collision meshes in FO4 not shit?
Skyrim, FO3 and NV all got several eventually.
But then again the modding community was still motivated back then.

I have to consider the possibility my game is fucking dark.

>Skyrim, FO3 and NV all got several eventually.
>Skyrim
Why would you go on the internet and tell lies?

>lighting mods that turn the brightness to 0.1 in order to increase INMERSIVENESS

i don't understand why people do this

>Objectively morally wrong
>mfw

> Not actually sure what is meant by "Therefore I will use nuke a university"
What I mean is the game is structured in such a way that if you oppose the institute you're eventually going to be forced to nuke the institute. It doesn't really allow for you to meaningfully oppose the institute on the basis of them hurting innocent people when the game forces you to do exactly that no matter what path you pick.

>Downloading FO3 impregnation rape mods
>It includes super-mutants
Not lore friendly, immersion officially broken.

I've yet to encounter a solid argument for killing innocent people, but I'm willing to try. As for the second point, yeah that's just shitty writing. If I had my druthers, I'd force every faction into a state of peace. Yes I'm aware of the dichotomy there, but I'm willing to use force to ensure peace because I'm a faggot like that.

>Therefore I will use nuke a university

It means that the writing is so shit that apparently the Institute can't be useful beyond Synths, despite showing evidence they can improve life in the Wasteland by cloning animals, cures, cybernetic enhancements, early-version synths to guard people.

All is thrown away because we need to have big explosions and Liberty Prime blowing the Institute up because the game needs large-scale faction warfare

I like darker nights, but not the way these mods do them. Mostly because it literally feels as if EVERYTHING got dark as opposed to, you know, the Sun hiding away and thus things naturally getting darker.

Case in point: my Pip-Boy is almost pointless, campfires illuminate basically nothing, and thus it is a bitch to play in the dark in those conditions.

Yep, I agree it's really stupid writing that has that be the only way to deal with them. Hell's bells I saw that they had toilet paper and fell in love.

Give me the platinum chip so I can upgrade the TempleOS drivers, you fucking nigger monkey.

youtu.be/RIuOU00ucjY

Fallout 4 is trash. For the first time ever, I played a fallout game that couldn't keep me playing for more then 10 hours.

Meanwhile, I still play New Vegas. Loaded with mods, of course.

Despite mods existing for FO4, I just can't see myself playing it again. The gunplay is alright, but New Vegas' janky gunplay with mods has more charm to me then the hitmarker generic FPS gameplay of FO4.

The factions have no depth to them. The NCR, Mr. House, and the Legion all were interesting in New Vegas. None of them were perfect. I'm about to do a Legion run and the only reason I know I will be a tad disappointed is the lack of content related to preparing for the Legion's inevitable collapse.

Wouldn't that be cool?

Once Caesar dies, the Legion will fall apart within a year. So there should be quests related to groups within the Legion that are preparing to pounce once Caesar is dead.

Since there's actual discussion here for once, anyone know how to get Preston to give me his sick ass companion perk (I maxed his affinity)? Every time I converse he talks about the Castle instead, which would be fine but I'm fucking around in the North-West of the map and I'm not going to speed off to the Far East right now, I can't get the perk without his affinity conversation activating, which it won't because he talks about retaking the Castle instead.

I lol'd

I wonder what the BOS would do to the angry toaster from OWB? Or even Muggy? Would they keep him around to turn all the salvaged coffee cups into useful equipment?

OWB is Zeta tier

Fairly sure you have to advance the MM questline at least till after the Castle to be able to get his final dialogue.

I dont understand why beth didnt give us a single option to use institute tech to help the commonwealth, they assume if you sided with them you 100% agree with every action they have ever made and will make and are content to work as their new kellog bitch boy while the department heads call the shots and hide underground for an indefinite amount to time for the vague goal of saving humanity (by killing everyone and mass producing synths for no reason)

>without the fatal flaw that meant the Master's plan wouldn't work
Wait, synth can have kids?
Aren't Synths created using F.E.V. so pretty much all sterile?

Vanilla Nights in all Bethesda games are way to bright. It's important to get well implemented darker nights mods though. Those that do take lightsources in urban areas into account,for a start.

That's the thing I maxed his affinity in my last playthrough and got his perk because I didn't do the settlement quest that lead to retaking the castle. So there doesn't seem to be a progression requirement. It's just now all he talks about is retaking the castle, instead of his final affinity conversation/dialogue.

No, Synths could only "procreate" if they got control of the institute manufacturing equipment.
To be fair by the same account Super Mutants can "procreate" by simply dipping people into vats.

Shit nevermind I reloaded my save and he started the conversation.

I think the idea that a new Director could entirely turn a culture that has grown into a slave-based society over the course of two centuries is rather naive.
I'm fairly sure if a US president would declare the reinstitution of slavery in RL there would be some resistance as well.

I think the 'tute goverment is split into a legislature in form of the Divisionheads and an executive in form of the Director.
That would explain why the SS can't simply order the division heads from stopping to attack the BOS or RR.

You are a given the option of going back in time with a suitcase full of money to prevent the closure of Black Isle. This will result in Fallout Van Buren being completed and released, but erases Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4 from existence.
Do you do it?

Well to be honest his idea could work, You could edited the railroad/minute man ending so instead of nuking the institute, you just take control by force.

I have no fucking idea where the love for Van Buren even comes from, it looked like a shitty attempt at a cRPG.

I'm fucking glad that died so we could have NV, i would never choose no under any circumstance

You do realize NV picked up the pieces of Van Buren and that is what makes it so much superior to either 3 or 4 in the first place?

>split into a legislature in form of the Divisionheads and an executive in form of the Director.
>when father does literally anything he wants even when the other divisionheads are all against him
uhh, sure.

You could have the best story ever and if the game looks/plays like shit it won't matter much

How old are you? I'm 45 and I would take a cRPG over an FPS any day.

Yeah they would never let you have Father tier control of the place so soon after become director and shut down whatever projects you want to order them to turn everything around, but I think after a few years of kissing ass and rubbing elbows, you might be able to convince them to make small changes here and there to clear out raiders, etc, you would pretty much be playing at politics to convince doctors like Holdren not to kill the warwick family after the experiment needlessly and stuff like that

>Wait, synth can have kids?
No but they are artificial so they can just build more synths.

>To be fair by the same account Super Mutants can "procreate" by simply dipping people into vats.
The thing about that though is eventually the super-mutants would run out of people to dip into vats.

Synths would only stop being able to build more synths when there was no more raw materials left to build with. And even then humans have the same problem, and unlike synths humans can't just recycle dead people.

I have NVSE installed but it says this

Is it version 5.0b3 or higher?

Yes,i tried both the stable and beta version and even if i click ok the window reappears.

Never. My girlfriend and I bonded a lot over NV.