Does this actually exist?

Pretty much just ruskie ships.

>inline6
>on a motorcycle

honda cbx a best

>flat 12

What is good about this?

>Not knowing about the Honda RC166

Website seems to have been made for mobile viewing but, hey. petrolicious.com/articles/honda-rc166

i tought cbx1100 and goldwings were only bikes with inline6

Honda made a few crazy bikes back in their hayday. 125cc I5, 8-speed, for example.
There's a dozen I6 bikes out there, can't recall what though.

Holy shit.
Magnesium everywhere in 1966, even.
SPECIFICATIONS

Engine: 125cc (35.05x25.14mm) four-stroke
Power output: 35 hp © 20,500 rpm
Valves: twin overhead camshafts, 4 valves per cylinder
Fuel system: 5 carburetors
Transmission: nine-speed gearbox; chain final drive
Suspension: (front) telescopic forks; (rear) swinging arm
Brakes: (front) two-leading-shoe drum; (rear) two-leading-shoe drum
Wheels: wire
Weight: 187 lb
Maximum speed: 130 mph

>inline 16

>boosted ITBd inline 6

>Str8 8

>i4 S O H C

>16v 2.0L I4 DOHC

>AC motor

>4.7L
>only 275hp

lmao nigger get real

>4.0 bmw V8 from 1992 made 300hp
>3.8L bmw i6 from 1992 made 340hp

why is america such shit?

But do they commonly live to see 500k? The AMC 4.0l is such a beloved engine to jeepers because it lasts longer than the rest of any vehicle you put it in, and when something like a head gasket goes it's such an easy engine to repair. I see a lot of 99-06 jeeps in the junkyards around me but rarely any with the 4.0l unless the rest of the jeep just visibly isn't worth the expense. The only exception being the 99-04 grands with their planned obsolescence revisions to the 4.0l

>2 stroke anything

Probably not commonly due to all the albanians thrashing them, but if you actually take care of them, for instance the M60B40 (4.0 V8 from the 740i and 540i) are very reliable and last hundreds of thousands of miles easily, although they have some issues, they're almost bulletproof engines

again, loads of them are thrashed and not taken care of, like here in iceland where i live, almost every old 7-series, although they are very very good cars, are in a complete shit state due to bad weather and negligence, but people in europe are taking these V8's to a very high mileage with ease, and the V12's are even better i think

I'm a buy/fix/sell mechanic, I don't doubt for a second that any engine can last (mostly)forever when properly cared for, but the biggest problem I see with the mechanics special listings on cl is a blown head gasket. it's super fucking simple to fix that on the 4.0l, and not much harder on the old single cam V engines, but these new DOHC engines are a pain in the ass with that shit. I turned quite a profit on some volvos and ended up thinking I could fix a blown head gasket on one with a turbo'd i5. I probably could have, but there was so much shit in the way of everything and I needed a special tool for holding the cams, I eventually junked it for my money back and decided to stick with only running or single cam engines. I think most other mechanics feel the same way because I find so many newer cars in the junkyard and ASE mechanics charge so much for head gasket repair. It's the simplicity of the 4.0l that makes it so good. It's not a potential 350+ bhp engine, and it's fuel economy is shit. But it's strong for it's size/age, and any repair short of a full rebuild is much easier than any V or modern inline.

Yeah, the biggest issue on the 540i and 740i V8's is the chain guides, although i think someone who's done it before can do it in way less than a day, and that problem is more prominent on the later 4.4 M62 than it is on the 4.0 M60 engine, otherwise regular oil changes and not being an idiot should take these engines to hundreds of thousands of miles easily

THICC

>V8

direct exhaust injection

REIHENSECHSER

so..... egr?

The one flaw of the S6 is that the block inherently has poorer rigidity than the other conventional designs (H6, V6, V8).

You need more material to compensate for this disadvantage.

>delete EGR
>+3 HP

>delete EGR
>engine can't idle anymore
well back to the drawing board i guess

>Flat 6

kek

>Inline 16

>L4 + lpg

Will that fit in my Miata?

>Rotary

Perhaps it could

They made 340hp, sure, but they probably had about 140 ft-lb of torque, and both figures were likely only reproduced at unbearably high revolutions per minute. The Jeep 4.0 has peak power where you need it most, so in normal driving the 4.0 will have more power than your overengineered yuroshit.

>turbo 4cyl

And both of the engines you posted are OHC engines, the 4.0 is a OHV engine

>4.7
I assume it's carbed? iirc the ecus in these aren't too mod friendly.

>t. XJ owner

Shit, meant for

>35 year old 7MGE

Nope, standalone, probably Haltech or MegaSquirt2

Triple carbd inline 6

I'm trying to picture my 2-door XJ with double the horsepower and I just can't for some reason.

Are you the guy planning on the UZ swap?

No. My 4.0 works just fine. I Do need to sort the saggy ass suspension, though. Was thinking maybe a full 3" suspension lift with 30s all around.

>pls ignore oil jeep got nervous (oil switch went out)

>was thinking maybe a full 3" suspension lift with 30s all around
Don't, all semblance of gas mileage will be completely gone, I don't recommend it if you have to commute in it

I do sadly commute in it. But the current junk needs to be replaced. And I WOULD like to take it off the beaten path once in a while. What would you recommend?

It's a stick shift If that helps.

Get bigger tires, I think 31s can fit stock height, so little smaller than 30s would be fine
You have to remember that these things are flying bricks so they're shit when it comes to drag which affects mileage, also they're gears are shorter than shit because they made these off road capable out of the showroom
Is yours 4WD?
>t. former XJ owner

Also, you don't need a lift kit if you're not crawling or bogging, if you're bogging stop, don't be a retarded rent-a-redneck for fuck's sake

v10 is where it's at fags, and you know it

Turbo itb hold your fucking brains in nigga i6

>straight 5

Yeah, 4x4, 8.25 Chrysler rear. Some chucklefuck before me put coil spacers up front so now the axles off center and the track bar binds and fucks with the steering a little. Hence my desire to just replace everything.

why not just get one of these, 290hp stock with terrible restrictive exhaust, dohc, 4.2 liters, strong internals, literally everywhere and practically untouched in burgerland because of Muh LS swap

>Raiderfag

>adding over 100lbs of weight for 90 more hp
turning the 4.0 would get him better power, would weigh less than an Atlas not to mention the headache of trying to put that tall ass motor under the hood and having all that Fab work for the motor and trans mounts, also bye bye 4WD unless you plan on swapping the frame with a GM 4WD Frame then bye bye money and you might as well bought something else

tl:dr turboing the 4.0 makes more sense

the 4.0 weighs over 500lbs while the all aluminum atlas ll8 weighs 470 and also the 4.0 uses pushrods so the atlas wins in revs and airflow

>this benchracing faggot
I see how you completely ignored the fact that you've got a bunch of Fab work ahead of you for even considering swapping the Atlas in, also what transmission do you plan hooking it up to? Will this be able to keep 4WD, or will it be 2WD only? Did you ever stop to think about any of this? Do you ever think? Well, pic related

>getting this assmad this quickly
they did make 2wd trailblazers you know

DID YOU EVER THINK HE WANTED TO KEEP IT 4WD? NO, YOU DIDN'T BECAUSE YOU DON'T FUCKING THINK

I was never talking about drivetrains or a jeep swap I was just weighing the engines alone

If you daily it: Naw mate
If it's a winter/camping car: good choice

>seized na i6

>Rotary

Nigger, you were talking about how an Atlas swap would be better than having a stroker 4.7
ON PAPER, it sounds like a good idea but in practice it's a fucking nightmare
The stroker 4.7 is a better idea, but the best is the turbo stroker

yeah I'll have to admit I jumped the gun on that one, didn't think the aftermarket for power was that hot on those 4.0s tho

Dude, Jeep aftermarket is huge, even for 40 year old CJ5/7s it's still fucking huge

damn i assumed these things didn't have this much in them guess I was wrong youtube.com/watch?v=8PiDtrxblyg

>Dual twin scroll turbos