Honda CR-Z

Is there a more disgraceful machine than this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f0kzwudVnEs
losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/2011-honda-crz-hybrid-only/6433086449.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP is a faggot, that's a perfect commuter it being a small car makes it easy to park and the manual makes the drive to work fun. They're dirt cheap used so you have nothing to bitch about, you want more power just get a civic SI

I absolutely love the way it looks, but there's no reason to have one when it costs the same as significantly better and more fun cars. Only reason would be if I absolutely needed a cheap, newish hybrid.

i think they look pretty cool

tell your mum to clean her vag

used it's the same cost as a fit. new in my state it's 17k.

Saw blue one, looked dope af

This car's biggest problem is that it's "supposed" to be the successor to the CRX, but obviously it's not

When they first came out they were not a bad compromise between fun and fuel economy. Now, they are matched or beat on mpg by pretty much every other small car so their isn't much point.

At least they look kind of neat.

it is a spiritual successor to the insight and crx platform. why it didn't keep the name.
also not stock first gen crx is a slow economy car. most times Veeky Forums thinks of the si or other higher trims of the crx to compare them but it's supposed to be like the crx/insight platforms we're intended. biggest complaint I have is it basically being a boosted fit.
an r18 with Imi using the civic frame instead might have been more fruitful but then again the 9th gen civic frame is heavy.
thing performs like a d17a2 em2 but with better mpg and more torque.
car will probably be sought out when more swaps are done to them because they have more engine space than the fit with about the same weight.

looks like they tried to style the front like a mazda and not that cleft lip garbage of their other cars, but failed

face lift makes it look more like a modern Honda.

youtube.com/watch?v=f0kzwudVnEs

>faster
>more available features
>more interior/cargo room
>200lbs heavier yet,
>virtually the same fuel economy
>won't need a $5k hybrid battery replacement in 10 years
>cuter

crz can run without the imi battery user.
it's literally an L15 with a hybrid battery stuck to it.

i own one and i absolutely love it, its very fun to drive , economic, have power just by pushing a button, very comfortable and stable. Looks really nice and sporty

that's a nice ass

Forgot
>cut rate dynamics

As if the CR-Z has better dynamics.

9/10 would buy

It does, actually pretty nice.

Saw one on the road and was blown away. Figured it was some bad ass vtec 90s throwback track monster.

Looked up the specs and found out it was basically a smaller prius.

Now I just wish for a time pre internet

>this with a 2.0L VTECK desu

What would be a good price to buy one used? There's one going for 6k with ~60k miles, only thing is it was in an accident, it's been all fixed up since (owner even included before/after pics)

Post before and after pics

The listing isn't on CL anymore... But I found this one losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/2011-honda-crz-hybrid-only/6433086449.html

Boy you don't even know.

Looks good, ask for accident pics

Am I the only one who hates seeing these cars with type-r badges on them? It just feels so tacky

DELETE THIS AT ONCE

> manual
> hybrid

That's pretty awesome even if the performance and efficiency aren't that great. I hope they make a new one someday.

Found the one who bought a CR-Z

if they made the hpd package into a trim i feel like it would have been a fantastic car and would have been received a lot better
call it a type h or something

Some of the SHelby versions of those were actually pretty slick.

Problem is they shit on the crx

I have seen these pretty cheap does anyone know if a big guy can fit inside?

what do you mean by big guy, whats your height and weight?
I can tell you because im a owner

>easy to park
>factory installed parking sensors
>still hit a concrete pillar

Calm down Rick Astley, you'll burst a blood vessel.

They made a mugen package available at the dealer, but it was $27k. I think you could get it with the cvt too, but cvts are shit. Supercharged hybrid with performance wheels and brakes. Think it made like 215hp to the wheels.

>torsion beam rear suspension
>not 1962
trash

Just engine swap it bro

>supercharge
>kill your economy
>pointless weight from hybrid system

Honda should have sold it with a turbo with some kind of boost control, run like zero boost in economy in order to retain effeciencu, and have the power on in sport so the car could actually make some reasonable power, it wouldn't have had to have been some kind of stupid 300-400 bhp (((performance))) car to compete in the hot hatch market, 200bhp would have made it a much more attractive car to a much wider audience , instead we're left with a very niche car which no one aside from the Japanese domestic market really wants.

If some slant eyed Honda employee reads this please pass this on to your boss arigato gosaimasuu

also bump for best dash

the hybrid system is good you can feel a nice boost when the electric motor is assisting, also it feels so nice when you take your feet from the accelerator and see the electric motor braking and charging the batteries

Half the company wanted the return of the CRX the rest wanted hybrid modern potsmokers for customers.
But what you described is basically the 1.5L Turbo in the civic right now.
I wonder if you can gut the battery and run with a larger turbo or supercharger. I read the car can run on the engine alone.
>tfw i wanted one, but corporate japan insits on putting cvts instead a of a 6speed auto.

i really dont know how the car will start the engine because of what i noticed in mine the starting motor is the 15 kW electric motor powered by the IMA batteries

I thought it used a 12v battery like all cars.

nope the 12V battery is only 25Ah and its charged by the IMA batteries when low, the start and stop system in this car is very fast and smooth because it uses the electric motor, i have my cr-z for 4-5 months and hadn't much time to look it in detail, dont know if it has a starting motor to be used as backup if IMA fails

I guess then it's better to leave it in there. I was just reading what you wrote on the crz forum.
I still think it's possible since it has an alternator, and a swap with the 12v for higher amp should do the trick. But then you have to see if the weight ratio changed, and you need a good tuner. My guess the hybrid battery is hardcoded into charging the whole system.
I'm not suprised though, on the e9x n52 the throttle body isn't necessary but they leave it there if the vanos fails.

its a sequal to the crx
what more can we want

IMA is designed to supply all car electronics when in economy mode if I understand correctly which is a sound idea until you're stuck in stationary traffic for more 20 mins, not %100 sure how it works the rest of the time, but I believe in sport mode it's meant to run some electronics off the alternator to free up the IMA system.
With regards to the starter motor CRZ's do have a conventional starter motor, however it's only ever used in EXTREMELY cold weather, for all other situations and for the stop start system the IMA motor cycles the crank, hence why start up is so quick and quiet.

Overall Honda's IMA system is pretty neat, its no where near as efficient as Toyota's hybrid systems but its pretty overlooked imo

bump again because I own one of these and want to shill

looks so much better.

even my gf who hates older cars thinks so.

>he believes the CR-Z doesnt also have a torsion beam rear suspension

no

Honda wanted to make a successor to the CRX, hence the name and styling (rear end e.t.c) but to suggest it is a successor is just wrong, the lack of performance or of a performance model/trim lets it down.

It's a nice car for sure, it handles pretty well (let down by the economy 195/55's most came with from factory) rev's keenly (although it redlines at 6.5k :/) , power delivery is smooth (so long as the IMA system isn't flat) and its a lovely LOVELY car to be inside. But at the end of the day its ruined by Honda's bureaucracy, if they'd made a performace CRZ and then a hybrid model it could have been different. It was a valid attempt at trying to make something different, however all they ended up doing was creating hype for a modern CRX and then letting everyone down when people realised that it wouldn't pack any sort of performance. It sold well in Japan regardless but in hot hatch markets like the UK people weren't attracted by measly power figures.

It's a great shame really as I love these things but Honda missed a beat making them.

>Honda
>not wanting Manuel Transmissiones

you're an american I'm guessing

When will FAT WIDE tail lights become a thing again

Gutting the battery is pointless and a waste of time, the IMA motor is built into the engine block, located next to the crank, you may as well go the route of swapping in a K20A1.
Most popular thing to do which isn't a swap is to supercharge but this defeats the point of having a hybrid in the first place, turbo has potential to provide more power while retaining economy, but very few seem to have gone this route