crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread

1st for Triumph!

Yamaha

Post triumphs

First for Yamaha recalls

Still fewer than other brands.
Stay mad about your poor choice of bike!

Suzuki a best!

First for smol adventure honda

it was very ripe -10c (14f) this morning and few things i noticed

>those ppl who cry about +10c (50f) being too cold to ride, fuck off
>anti fog film on visor actually freezes which is worse than fogging

A terrible bike appears

You say its terrible but its not ????? Are you trying to hit me with the weight meme with a comparison to orange MX bikes?

How do you ride in that weather without your rear end sliding everywhere? Afaik studded motorcycle tires are illegal

It's worst in class

here studded tires are required by the law, even for bikes

Race you.

No.
Although Yamaha has recalled the FZ-09/MT-09 for bad handlebar mounts and the self-destructing shift cam stopper, they are resisting a recall for the self-destructing clutch basket and plates. However, they are replacing them under warranty.

Eh, it's a crf250 with comfy suspension and saddle. It's not a fast bike but it's not a good dirt bike either, it's a good long distance bike with an emphasis on offroad capability.

Where is this magical place?

It's nothing like a crf250

>worst in class
You sure you arent comparing adventure bikes to dual sports? Cause the only competition is bmw 310 and the versys 300. The bmw isnt out and the verysys is not exactly good for dirt.

if you are white, welcome

It's the same exact bike with a bunch of fairings and a different suspension setup

It's not.
It's a crf250L with more weight to make it slower than It already was.
Note the L designation
Go read please

Wouldn't your roads be torn to shit from the studs? They're illegal here in some states because they make road construction an annual thing

Was considering buying the XT but the rally was alot smoother to me. I mean you could race but why not just ride and enjoy the dirt.
Its a crf 250l engine its a CRF engine. Stop with your race dirt bike autism.

Its heavier cause it has better suspension, larger fuel tank, and a stationary light. You know for riding long distances to get some where? Like bro do you think the only dirt riding is hard enduro with two strokes? Or are you a track kiddie?

So it's the 35hp race engine?
>pro tip
Its not

The WR250R... "Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. has decided that a defect that relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2014 through 2016 WR250R and WR250RC motorcycles. In affected motorcycles, the clutch push lever oil seal may crack due to an incorrect assembly process."

Yes, somehow Yamaha installed the seal backwards. Well done, Yamaha third-world assembly line worker!

Everyone that posts a tag cloud on craigslist should be beheaded.

The 690smc weighs 10lbs more

What's a tag cloud

>nitpicking
XT user is probably the most adventurous dual sport rider on /dbt/, telling him to just enjoy the dirt is redundant.

The 2016 R3... That fuel leak from the tank would have burned you to death, but you aren't riding it because it wouldn't run after you washed it.

>Wanting a high strung race engine for anything other than mx
I hate new bikes for this reason. I just want a fuel injected, low compression dirt bike with long maintenance intervals.

It's not nitpicking
It's fact
Stop being ignorant
That's like saying your NA supra is just as good as the turbo cuz "it's totally the same engine bro"

A big list of tags.

Like ninja 250 ninja 300 cbr R6 R1 GSXR MV Agusta ducati monster aprilia rsv4 tuono dorsoduro motard hypermotard super motard sumo

EF sure is trying hard.

I mean you can read out the specs to me all you want. It does what I want it to do and well. If the wr250r was available I would have gotten that. But the rally was there and the ktm I liked wouldn't start for shit.
Hes giving me shit so im just messing with him. Cause come one racing 250s lmao.

Oh. I didn't know that had a name.
Annoying, but I always just dealt with it.
Idk why they do it. If it's a similar thing I can, but I'm looking for a cruiser, I'm not looking for a sumo, so why put it.

>Hurr let's put an unreliable race engine in an adventure bike

Good thing it's not using the 250x engine

Not that yamaha can fix a bike once it's recalled. This bike was recalled for both the gas leak and the non-working key, the key failed again (I guess it rains in FL?) but while he was waiting for another repair, it burned.

>2 whole recalls
Means jack shit, every auto manufacturer ever has recalls on literally every manufactured vehicle ever.

It's to get their ad in the suggested ads section of as many different ads as possible, even if it isn't relevant.

Not EF, I'm just roasting a fool who thinks one brand of bike is worse/better than another.

Factually Yamaha is voted best brand and most reliable

Fuck off ef

2 on that model in that year. A manufacturer who would let you die in a fire.

Also, Ducati a shit. And your bike a shit

Is it feasible to use a street legal dirt bike as a road bike 70% of the time? I don't care if I look trashy riding one on a road

Also, didn't know there was a suggested ads section.
When I'm on craigslist, I'm normally looking for something somewhat specific.
But still, if someone isn't looking for their thing, I just don't see a point of putting all those tags.

whogayhere?

Did they count the votes of the newly dead Yamaha owners?

Yes

That is the traditional use of a street legal dirt bike.

J/K more like 99% road.

If your state allows it go for it. You just need to do more matience and upkeep if your ridding it at constant speed on the road. I would have had a street legal xr650r if my state wasnt anal about making dirt bikes street legal.

>still not owning a small cc street legal bike

Did suzuki?

yes every summer they fix roads

fix roads or fix people who crashed, easy choice

Which state.
Cause when I was lived in Cali, I got and old xr600 plated. It was a small pain in the ass, but really not that bad. After putting on the blinkers and shit, it took just under a week.
And I always figured Cali has some of the most anal vehicle laws.

What a beautiful bike.

Like what kind of maintenance & upkeep?

I'm not saying they aren't, but that kind of statistic doesn't take into account a lot of factors. For example, a good friend had the clutch on his R1 shit the bed, but it's an easy enough bike to work on so he did it himself. Therefore, the issue never got reported in any sense. People almost never buy Ducatis without the 2 year warranty, so they will take the bike in any time there's something even remotely wrong. They also aren't very easy bikes to work on, not in the sense that it takes expertise, moreso that they are tedious and nothing is a quick 15 minute job.

Pretty sure those stats go by number of vehicles taken to the shop within a certain time period. Jap bikes are fairly easy to work on, so people only take them in when they are lazy or they don't have the tools to do the work.

Same shit as off road, just more of it.

So I have a 1990 Mazda Miata as a second car right now. I love the car to death, but it doesn't get driven very often, and I really want to get my first bike. The Miata's worth about $3500, by the way.

I got an offer for a 2012 CBR250R with ABS with 13k miles, Aprovilic header, Vorx exhaust, and a Power Commander. Windscreen is cracked because a rock hit it after he loaded the bike backwards into his truck, which is an easy cheap fix.

I'm leaning towards this bike because it's a good sounding bike, can be easily tuned to shoot a lil flame every now and then (I know, I'm immature, but hey, who doesn't love flames), it's not overpowered for a first bike, but I don't think it'll leave me feeling underwhelmed. I've heard good things about Honda's reliability with their bikes, so the mileage isn't really an issue.

Any thoughts? I might make a counter offer which includes the guy throwing in some cash on top of the bike because it's an obvious downtrade, but I'd love to hear what you guys think since I'm a total bike noob.

Hawaii and if its not from a dealer or grandfathered in it wont happen.
If you are going to make a dirt bike street legal it means it wears faster than a dual sport dirt bike. SO you need to do maintenance like oil changes and stuff more frequently.

You'll burn through treaded tires really fast and you'll still have to work with relatively short maintenance intervals on offroad machines compared to street bikes

Got any recommendations for a street legal entry level dual sport?

Does the same about maintenance intervals still apply to a dual sport?

That fucking blows man.
I guess to be a little fair, I was at the dmv very often, and I got to know the people there, even the manager.
I'm in CO now, and I found out, all you need to plate a dirt bike(any dirt bike) is headlight, taillight, one mirror, and horn.
Also found out those shitty squeeze horns on kids bike they'll accept as a horn. It's amazing laws.

Im also the guy that owned a klx 300r.

Yes, they're still less often than a straight dirt, but more than a street.

XR's are good
XT's as well
I think KTM has some good ones, but I don't know KTM well.

What kind of maintenance besides changing oil + rubber + brakes?

If you want to avoid alot of the hassle id recommend a Honda L variant or the Yamaha Xt variant. Could also go the good old suzuki drz. They are the more simple bikes compaired to yamaha and ktm with there upkeep.
Yah Cali is the closest to us in laws but we are way more strict.

Ment to say Yamahas higher end.

Really it's just basic maintenance more often.
If it's older, like with carbs, you'll want to keep up on that, valve adjustments, etc.

Let me add to this.
Once you pick a bike, figure out what it seems to need more and keep and eye on it.
No bike is the same, the only general rule is that it's going to need it more often.

Okay guys I need information. What happened with the aprilla vtwin dirtbike?

Good question, i am genuinely curious aswell. Imagine climbing a hill with that monster

I remember when they first came out seeing two of them in the dealership. Heard the start up and thought it was insane. My thoughts are either market or the performance killed it for them.

nth for having a guzzi and no longer thinking the racer looks better than the one I have

>inb4 you all tell me I’m wrong pls dont

They are all good looking bikes haha. I love the flying vtwin.

I really want one in that blue, but the dealer near me only has the special in Black and a few special edition chrome ones that are a lot more expensive

Get red valve covers

>Buying a bike based and looks and not perfomance

Wew lad! You fucked up.

They were stupidly unreliable. They wereso bad at the beginning Aprilia was handing out whole entire bikes ( Which could not be registered ) as a warranty because of some shit sealant.

One of the few times Ape got it completely fucking wrong.

My xt225 is primarily used on roads in ghetto-like areas to get over road blocks and construction with ease. It makes concrete parking bricks, loose broken concrete pieces, dirt, gravel, mediums, etc. actually safe to ride on.

bummer atleast the lead weight pegaso is kinda neat.

>Not wanting a comfy shaftie cruiser
Max torks at just 2.5k rpm
Not really
They aren't really any less reliable that other race bikes *cough KTM cough* but they suffered immensely from idiots flogging them and not doing proper rebuilds
If you get a post 2008 you'll be fine: they overbuilt them so retards wouldn't kill them
Fun fact, the BMW f650 is a licensed pegaso
Or was it the other way around?

I mean.. It was a racebike. None of them are known for their reliability.

The pegaso is the bmw f650 engine and are both street legal I believe. Essentially just an aprilla bmw haha.

They all have the same rotax p-twin
The second iteration of which ended up in the f800 and nuda

When talking to my dad his friend that owned the 550 said it was restricted to the point it would over heat and break down. The turn off was he had to spend more money to make it even work properly. But the other guy is right the overheating fucked the bike over in many ways I believe.

Kinda like the green drz and now the orange huskies.

Tfw rode all day and night yesterday in tolerable 60 degree weather

tfw it's supposed to snow overnight

tfw no more riding till spring cause i fucking hate the cold

Most of the issues came from lubrication system which was fixed in I think 2008.
The ones after that weren't bad, but it's still a race bike so you'd be insane to DD it.

>Buys aprilia
>Doesn't know they run hot
>Doesn't immediately check the engine once he overheated
Dumbo

if theres no salt on the roads then fucking ride im dead and depressed as fuck over here because of all the salt on the roads that will give my bike cancer

anything below 40 sucks just fucking ride

It was the 450 I think they fixed and rolled out for 2009.
The dude bought it and fixed it. Sold it to some dude who rode the shit out of it like it was a toy. Was sliding corners and reving the shit out of it lmao. A fitting death.

but really though im about to throw myself off a bridge we're supposed to get rain to get rid of salt but they're calling for more snow + ice on monday so salt is going to be everywhere again

It's what it was made to do
Rode one, went through tanks like nothing, but it was a fucking riot