Stops making evo

>stops making evo
>starts making suvs and crossovers for soccer moms
What can mitsubishi do to increase their sales in north america?

Other urls found in this thread:

marklines.com/en/statistics/flash_sales/salesfig_thailand_2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nothing, every mitsubishi fan knows modern mitsu is pure garbage and cant be saved, we all reminisce of their previous cars

They're going balls deep in an oversaturated market right now
Only way to save them is unironically merging with nissan, i think

Mitsubishi is well on it's way out.

Don't expect them to last longer than 2020.

They deserve to die desu, after what they did to their lineup

Mitsubishi had its highest sales in the us last year since 2007 or something. They did that by selling cheap crossovers to women. A company doesnt stay afloat selling weeb mobiles to 20 year olds with no money. They do it by putting fat white housewife asses into reasonably priced shitboxes

came to post this

they are all in on crossovers and SUVs here because that's what sells in Murica

they are in the business of making money and the target market for the Evo doesn't have 40K dollars laying around for one.

more delicas

Their own fault for not being able to compete with wrx's and their 30k pricepoint

Nah they will be around since the nissan-renault alliance bought them. Look forward to tiny engine with turbo and cvt renaults being sold here as mitsubishis. If gas prices ever creep back up the will be in even better shape as cucks trade in their upsidedown trucks and tahoes on mirages

they hit their lowest a few years ago and have been bouncing back, they may not survive in america but elsewhere they're fine

they should put a 4B11 and AWD in the Mirage.

post your mitsus

ONE. MORE. MONTH.

Fuck, I can't wait to move on from this soulless piece of shit, seriously.

The triton will unironically save Mitsubishi. It’s cheaper and better than the ranger and it now looks good enough that normie blokes would consider one

EXTREME UTILITY

they can bring back the 3000gt, evo, galant, eclipse. and start putting turbo mivec in everything with a new type-r-esque badge and they would sell like hotcakes.

Build suvs and cuvs

the galant 8th gen is absolutely my favorite car on the planet.
I will buy one and drive it until I die.

>Someone actually owns a mirage
Fucking how do you deal with it

It's manual.
Only problem is the tires are 165/65R14 and kind of expensive. I'll probably get konig helium wheels so I can fit a cheaper tire.

copy that

>smol tyres are more expensive than big ones

The fuck? Over here it's the exact opposite. The smaller the dimensions, the cheaper they are.

Also took a Pic today of my G4. It's a manual aswell.

My weekend car, hibernating right now. Gonna take fresh pics after washing, waxing and cleaning it inside and out in March.

my dude.
are you in the US? Dunlop Enasaves are 130 bucks a piece here.
I'm a cheap ass hence the Mirage. Slightly larger tires are cheaper because they're more common.
Stock mirage wheels are only 4.5 inches wide

Nah, I'm in neutralland. The Dunlop over here is 80 bucks a tyre. Their winter tyres though. All seasons are like 40 bucks and there's only two available, one from Nokian, the other from Sava.

I just want misubishi to be great again.
I hate that their beautiful badge is going to go to waste.
beautiful taillights

One can only hope that Mitsubishi will put the redesigned 1.5l turbo from the eclipse cross into other future models, like sedans or even a station wagon. One can only dream...

I hope they die. No Evo, so they can fuck off.

used to have the cloth trim with harder suspension
still comfy for long trips tho
only complaint is the auto trans lagged a bit sometimes
otherwise car does very well for how pig fat it is

it's hiding

>What can mitsubishi do to increase their sales in north america?
Since they were purchased by Renault Nissan, it has been doing well by deciding to sell crossovers to female car owners moving from sedans into crossovers. What it needs to keep on doing is increasing its dealership presence especially in markets it fell out of on the west coast. It also left the transport business and can come back.

>stops making evo
How can you say that when you know the evo market is tiny? Why do you want to harm Mitsubishi?

What Mitsubishi cannot do is have more corruption from managers that only had short sighted visions of their personal careers. Those managers kept on making decisions that benefited their personal careers or exit bonuses at the expense of Mitsubishi's future. Decades of that killed the company.

The fundamental reason a board of directors exists for a corporation is to prevent such corruption. Boards do not officially have powers in day to day decisions which is the responsibility of the actual company employees from the CEO and downwards. But the Board does have the power to fire people. It is the Board that represents the stockholders and prevents management from using their powers to rape the stockholders. Otherwise, managers could severely misuse their powers to steal or defraud the company's assets. Or the managers could perform malfeasance after using their powers to create huge exit benefits. The board of directors was sleeping so long or disconnected from the corporation. It really feels like an unexplainable travesty to me how the board could have decades of shortsightedness.

Driving a Mirage rental right now and it could actually be the worst thing I’ve ever driven.

Why they gave up on Evos anyway? Did they get bored? Did their profit from vehicles was so little compared to other industries that they literally let it die? Whats the story behind? Why they started making cars anyway?

Evos required more engineering than shitboxes, but didn't sell much, they were more like a halo product for publicity. But when you're selling all crossovers, having a sedan like that makes little sense, and Mitsu has no money to make a lolsports crossover.

Hi Panamanian user, what are you replacing it with?

Where are u from user? Nice challenger/montero/pajero sport
In here challenger/montero/pajero sport are considered upscale car such as luxury suv in us.

That is the saddest thing I've read all day.

Russia

>In here challenger/montero/pajero sport are considered upscale car
Well, people looking for upscale cars here tend to be whores for brands and interior quality (which this generation of PS sorely lacks) and would rather spend the same kind of money on a REAL luxury car, like a used X6 or Range Rover with """slight problems""".

>Gran Turismo is no longer an option for a popularity booster.

Revive the GTO and then we'll talk

Lol carrying as much as most people do with $60k cucktrucks

RWD sedan from the states, I was offered a Pathfinder SE, but I honestly grew tired of 2WD SUVs.

I'm thinking Lexus IS300 or any E46/E39 Bimmers.

Consider the Volvo 240 if you can find one down there. Kinda eh stock but there’s a decent aftermarket if shipping isn’t ass down there

Why is that?

Three words
Mitsubishi outlander sport
And it workred

they're shit, in every aspect.

Keep making SUVs that's all people buy.

By making suvs and crossovers for soccer moms

>stops making evo
>starts making suvs and crossovers for soccer moms

only little faggots drive evos

I've got an 08 Triton, awesome rig but I'm wondering if the 4N will be as good as the 4M cause the 4D was as bad as the original. It's mostly moot though as they'll be rebadged Nevaras soon, rubbish shit.

>>starts making suvs and crossovers for soccer moms
you answered your own question fuck head

If you go too small, you start going niche.

Making more suvs and crossovers.

Start making anime

old pic but looks relatively the same

1989 Mitsubishi Mirage/Cyborg GT with 4g63t swap.

Incredibly cheap feeling interior, steering looser than my 1948 Ford, engine makes the entire car vibrate while idling, brakes feel like I’m pressing on a wet sponge, somehow more wind noise than an old Fiat Punto. The only upside I can say is that it’s reasonably roomy and absorbs bumps decently for how abominable the rest of the car is.

weeb get out

Why the fuck would they do that?
Any intelligent car company is looking at SEA, South America, China and the other growing car markets. There's fewer restrictions and more profit margin than the crowded US market.

None of those markets you are talking about cared about or would buy Mitsubishi.
Mitsu have been in SEA/China/Insert market here* for decades now.

Right now, Subaru is the name of the game when it comes to ricers and street racing.
Toyota/Honda for reliability
Suzuki for small hatches and cheapshit SUVs
Nissan/Mazda for drive quality

And Mitsu?
With its shitty interior, shitty gearbox and shitty reliability can't even last a mile

Oh really that’s a shame. I genuinely like the current gen, my old man has one and it brought quite a bit of new tech to utes like the variable valve timing on a deisel. It’s just a shame few models come with a locking diff and instead rely on meme traction control

Navaras are shit

I used to have a 2015 and I loved it ironically. I totalled it and bought a 2000 coupe. I enjoy that much more.

But how do you own one of these and not know about the Mirage R5? This has been done for like 3 years now. There are a fuckton of mirage R5's in Rally all over the world, hillclimb, and even one that competes in the World Rallycross Championship.

Galant is such a Handsome car

New Mitsu truck in the states when. 2020 they say

Holy shit is that even yours? Very clean

Finally someone with an Evo

6g75?

freakin noice

This is the current Daily to

>6g75
yup with a full exhaust and intake

Old Car in the back, Black eclipse was my first car, blue eclipse is the project car. Been building a 6G75 MIVEC like absolutely everyone does for these. Planning on Supercharging, AWD, and after a couple years if I get really crazy I'll twin charge it.

The Triton is all over SEA, you'd know this if you'd been there

Make the Evo 8 again so I can own one

I missed out ;_;

You can buy an evo 8/9 on the internet m8. For the rest of your life.

Mitsu is so much larger than their car market, they probably don't give a fuck. And the game is changing so so so much faster now than 15 years ago, they should just hit a certain target and work it. They don't care about the evo, it's nothing to them.

I'll also throw out there, im not sure why getting a civic is the meme for getting a cheap reliable car. Getting a 5ish year old mitsu econobox is totally plausible for 5-6k.

I know, but they are horribly overpriced and usually ragged out garbage.

I wanted one so bad when I was a little kid. But we always outlive our dreams.

if you really wanted one you'd just buy one and fix stuff as it broke, and make it a better car than it came from the factory

yeah, they bottomed. i think. i dont really understand their market. my friend had a evo 9 new and after 4-5 years + a million miles he wanted to move on. sold it for 18k as that was what its worth. and somehow all these years later its still worth kinda that. its like their priced plummeted as expected, but for the past many years they stalled in value when you'd think theyd cost 8-9k now for a good example.

the drivetrains are very strong, and they have a big cult following thanks to FnF and the 4G63

not to mention we're in a seller's market for all performance cars, from ITR's to muscle cars to exotics

ah, i've owned over 10 4g63s for almost 20 years. i know the score.

theres plenty of comparable cars that plummeted in value, yet somehow the evo 8-9, which probably didnt cost much more to produce than a nt lancer, its worth so much. it's a simple 15 year old 4 door econobox at the end of the day. doesnt look amazing, interior isnt amazing, drivetrain im so biased to but still a simple turbo 2l. i just see it for what it is compared to other shit, and it's not that great. certainly not 15-20k great.

While I'm personally still sceptical about the alloy passenger based 4N, the fact is it has proven to be a lot less problematic than the outgoing 4D56 POS that made the ZD30 almost look bulletproof. I'll still forever remain a 4M40/41 fanatic however, they're a damn tough little unit... As long as you don't overheat the earlier IDI 2.8 (usually a death sentence for the cylinder head otherwise). Shame the only other marque to offer decent modern 4 cylinder diesels is Isuzu.

Even the standard econobox lancer is leaving.I have the cash to buy the final run for my country(NZ).Do you reckon that the "Final edition" will be a good investment? Special editions are always collectible, right?

Yaris Evolution when?

I love cars, but I'd prefer to be a fat white housewife driving my kids to school in a crossover to driving a fast car while living a meaningless life.

You and I know that you are wrong.
I'd seen far more Toyotas pickups & Nissan cabstars than Mitsubishi pickups

>I'd seen far more Toyotas pickups
No shit sherlock, this goes pretty much worldwide, except the US where they aren't sold.
>Nissan cabstars
Nope

Mitsubishi haven't made a decent vehicle since the zero desu

And for some info
>marklines.com/en/statistics/flash_sales/salesfig_thailand_2017
Mitsubishi sold 6,300 commercial vehicles in Thailand in 2017
Nissan sold 2,500

Sorry should add, that was a monthly figure

Why you gotta make me feel? I came to Veeky Forums because cars don’t feel

lolwat
Mitsubishi was always shit. The only thing decent they made was the Evo. Everything else was shitbox tier.

The only way Tristar can get back into the game is for them to go back to their roots and build a competitive performance car that out-competes Subaru.

If they build one with a quality interior and revived the Gallant line, I might even buy it directly from the dealership.

I see.. People here used to consider land cruiser, volvos, bmws and benz as upscale car. But they're very expensive for us these day. Is your ps suitable for terrain in there? What engine do u have? 4d56 vgt?

Cool, I've always wanted 6 cylinders sedan. But high tax and low income prevents me from getting one of those. Which gen is300 user?

Why vehicles like Galant no longer exist? Cheap, simple, attractive.

Because they didn't sell

only the absolute poorest fuck old people drive those

a big mistake to get rid of the evo because it makes younger people look up it and they buy from the brand 10 years later, hard to believe but mitsubishi was once considered to be about as good as toyota, mazda or nissan in the 90s for cars and trucks but now they have worse brand recognition than hyundai. Not having a halo car will bite them in a few years once the cuv fad moves on since car makes from the past that dropped their halo cars have suffered and some went out of business. By not having a halo car, it causes a generation of people to not have any enthusiasm for the brand but the problem doesn't happen straight away.

Mitsubishi doesn't build the R5 iirc.
Plus they probably cost over 100k

>Is your ps suitable for terrain in there?
It's Russia m8, I can find roads that can literally swallow a tank. But a PS will generally get you to 98% of places you would want to get to.

>4d56 vgt?
Obviously, I don't know who buys the petrol V6 that gets 10mpg and comes with 80% higher tax to boot.

Fat housewife's life is meaningless too.

Its a business so it was money related they only sold like 5 EVOs a year they sucked

Similar to the s2000 its supply and demand, they are rare in good condition

Think its time for a new Starion desu

>New Starion
You know it's coming but its nothing that you imagined or wanted.

>Starion Cross
There you go. A smaller version of the eclipse cross with the same engine, platform but lower roofline and even less all around visibility. Also only comes with a CVT just for (you).