Crumple zones

>Crumple zones

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2017/10/06/autos/fatal-traffic-accidents/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't mind driving a deathtrap either but not everyone is like us.

>Chassis

you really want a face full of steering wheel?

and don't tell me driving skills make it safe with all the Stacys driving overweight crossovers while on their phones

>I care more about car safety than driving enjoyment

Some of us have wives and kids and other things to live for, Wojack Poster.

Sorry op, we can't go back to the way it was before safety standards.
Yes there was better visibility
Yes cars did cost less
Yes, the car being unsafe was a deterrent enough to make people think when driving
But.
Now that we have all these crutch safety features, people now put touching themselfs before driving.
So now you and me a stuck driving cars that look like they have downs, weigh a ton with shockingly worse visibility then cars from last year.

We have to put up with all this just so tards don't instantly kill us when they realize that a fluffy pillow will pop out and save them when they fuck up. Besides its not their car really anyways its a lease.

>a significant drop in driving enjoyment is worth the 0.5% increase in likelihood of not dying doing what you enjoy
>not realising that likelihood of dying in an 80s shitbox is so minimal, that even if newer cars are 500% safer, the overall likelihood of death is minimal in both cases

explain how crumple zones reduce driving enjoyment.

crumple zones do more harm than good.

>Virgin

>Drivelet

>wive
>kids
>kids
All the more reason to not want safety standards.
Prove it.
Wouldn't need fluffy bags to save us if we wouldn't pussify cars to the point of making it impossible to fuck up.

when I was 16 I backed into my friend's Saturn Ion with my b-series pickup. My bumper was unscratched but his was completely caved in even though I was going like 3 mph.
That's the only time I've been pissed about crumple zones

See

>overall likelihood of death is minimal in both cases

>money.cnn.com/2017/10/06/autos/fatal-traffic-accidents/index.html
>Despite safer cars, traffic fatalities are on the rise
>Altogether what NHTSA classifies as "human choices," such as driving while intoxicated or driving too fast, account for 94% of serious accidents.
>HUMAN CHOICES aka driving an unsafe outdated shitbox. Enjoy the A pillars crushing your internal organs, bucko

>american
lol euro roads are so narrow and twisty and our cars so slow that we never pick up lethal speeds

>2004, driving 1980s volvo
>old lady in a 2002 fiesta pulls out a side road, no time to stop
>letsgetjiggy.mp4

the mighty volvo penetrates the fiesta like a tentacle in a hentai, the old lady later dies in hospital (she's about 70 i think), fiesta written off

the volvo lives on, needed a bumper skin, headlight and bonnet (hood), although now it had tasted blood i wasn't sure about driving it for a while after

would a gay modern car be able to survive that? i don't know

wont they just slide off the twisty roads, retard?

Damn, a friend of mine flipped his ion three times at initial speed of somewhere around 70 mph and all he got was a big scratch on his arm (hydroplaned right off the road)

>He forgets that cars outside of America can actually corner

OH NONONONO
Do not tell me you prefer driving enjoyment over safety when you drive a fwd 70hp fiat

Modern Volvos still have thick-ass metal, probably the thickest

200whp mx5 lol

Nothig wrong with 70 hp if it's in a 900 kg car.

>disregard car safety
>become like this
>pic related

Or maybe something more like this, I don't know. As long as a car looks good, has a decent amount of power and can handle a crash well, then it's all good.

>meanwhile there exists 200+hp supercharged push bikes without the pedals that are available to you me and the kid down the street and they are legal
stay mad caged cucks

Worth it to drive something like this