Australian/New Zealand Thread /ANZ/ (Formally /dat/)

Australian/New Zealand Thread /ANZ/ (Formally /dat/)

>Straya & Kiwi Cars & Bikes
>Straya & Kiwi Questions & Answers
>Straya & Kiwi Pictures & Videos
>Straya & Kiwi Scenic as fuck

>/ANZ/ Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/ANZ/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
/ANZ/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/QDhUhA
youtube.com/watch?v=biEAPfH3_NM
youtube.com/watch?v=FKkC7L3Blq8
independentmotorsports.com.au/ford-ba-bf-xr6-na-packages/
fordmods.com/ford-quarter-mile-dyno-track-racing-f39/bf-xr6-139-rwkw-t68307.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everything back to normal edition

It will slowly get back to normal. Discord has finally died

i dont go on it after what happened just messed up shit got out of control

in other news my car is fine for a change

Kek no way. How long has it been since it broke?

You forgot to link old thread you muppet

**OLD THREAD** IF YOU HAVEN'T CAUGHT UP ON IT, IT'S WORTH READING, LOTS OF LAUGHS

its in a state of quantum flux

it is both broken and unbroken constantly

havent had to use a tow truck in a couple of months so im all good

has anybody tried the maximum tune emulator?

Very nice. I'm not really keen on getting a car that will break constantly, I just want something thats cool and i can make extremely reliable.

well the poor car was pretty flogged when i got it lots of hard k's towing a boat

almost everything has been replaced apart from the shell itself

what car is this?

the infamous one that triggers everyone

it was used to tow a boat. shame. No wonder that engine was rooted.

lets just say it had a 4l60e and i dont like those transmissions very much

cant put up with the torque from a v8

lol. yeah well you should really buy a beater to flog while saving bux for parts so shit doesn't break.

Falcunt but 4l60es are fine behind my 300rwkw n/a ecotec

oh god not those meems again

least we can get back to talking about cars again, hurry up and get a commo ffs

Australian cars are shit

Canadians are slow

New non bullshit discord
discord.gg/QDhUhA

Ill have $5000 in a few weeks

Are VE Commodores good? On one hand I hear people saying they're great value and drive well, and then others say that they feel cheap and the alloytec engines are shit

Hi its me, princess ashlee

you could have had sexual relations with ashlee and got paid that much.

Zeta chassis (ve-vf) is much better than the vt-vz, way better chassis, Aim for the LS3 at least. Alloytec only had problems in the VZ because of the timing chain, which is a big job - 4k+ to fix.

What would you like to do with the car is the main question, there are probably lots of cars out there that can do what you want better.

yes

most of the issues with the vt-vz where fixed

the early 5.7 had a habit of shitting bottom end and i personally had it happen

had piston slap (warn bore and pistons shat) and lifter problems had one eat into the cam

6.0 and later 5.7's had that fixed after 2002

stay away from the v6 if you can they are poorly looked after hence the timing chain memes

Alloytecs are fine if you get one thats been maintained and continue to maintain it. Also get a catch can

discord.gg/QDhUhA

No falcunt and no Ash discord. None of that old bullshit

The used car guide needs to be updated, it's been the same for years now. Doesn't reflect current pricing and cars on the market

>stay away from the v6
If I'm only looking at newer 6 cylinder sedans, would it be better to just look at Falcons instead of Commodores?

yes and no

falcons have their own issues usually suspension, ball joints weird electrical glitches with the iic

imho aim for the 6 sp autos in either the falcons or commodores doesnt matter if its 6/v8 as long as its looked after.

DONT get anything that looks like its had heavy use on the towbar (ball will appear warn) and rear suspention sag

I was considering a newer XR6 or an EcoLPI XR6 in order to save a bit on running costs

You can update it if you like. I think it needs to be a text doco instead of a pic desu.

>running costs
>aussie car
boo hoo they use no more fuel than a i4 ffs

stay away from the dedicated LPG i drove one for months its dogshit and every garage is getting rid of gas
If you do the list ill ms paint some pics i guess

ecolpi's are nice, the direct injected gas is 1000x better than the old crappy gas systems, you can make far more power with gas too since its 110 octane. It's better all round, bottom end of a barra can handle 400kw. I would personally aim for a g6e turbo with ecolpi if it was my choice.

Also running cost meme needs to die, car enthusiast shouldnt care about muh running costs.

>What would you like to do with the car
I mostly just want a large, RWD sedan that isn't gutless. I currently drive an old Hilux so even an SV6/XR6 would be a lot faster than what I'm currently driving. I would consider a V8 or XR6 Turbo but the running costs seem extremely high

You’re heaping a lot of shit onto your old handlers.

>I would personally aim for a g6e turbo with ecolpi if it was my choice.
>ecolpi turbo
When did that happen? Or are you just implying you would if you could?

this stay away from the factory and especially aftermarket single point injection

just get a petrol one
the gas ones are gutless
the ba-bf are getting long in the tooth unless u find a low k one

stay away from the XT base spec one they aint even cheap for what u get and owned by morons

same for the xr6 (p platers and wunnabe xr6t tradies)

aim for fairmonts/g6e

>ba-bf
I'd be looking more at an FG or FG mk2 if I get a FAlcon

>this stay away from the factory and especially aftermarket single point injection
It's like you didn't even read what you responded to.
>the gas ones are gutless
They've actually got more grunt than the standard petrol 182/190kW engine, they just lack top end power.

So now that the Commodore and Falcon are dead what will be the official car of /ANZ/?

dont bother with turbo gas its too much trouble and shits injectors requires new gas lines and tank tonnes of work custom intake etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=biEAPfH3_NM

Also the turbo 6 has a bit of lag hence the OLD barra turbo vs ls spool jokes

youtube.com/watch?v=FKkC7L3Blq8

barras feel pretty sluggish but have a good 6000rpm redline and are a very strong motor.
dogshit i drove a bf one for months and it was slower than the intec petrol

jumped in a 180 barra petrol and it was so much quicker

both bf's mind you i havent driven a fg multi point injection gas

As i said to the guy whos considering gas i recommend he doesnt go gas because its not as cheap per liter when compared to fuel because the price has gone through the roof and its less dense energy wise
I'd say mark 2 if u can afford it get a nice g6e turbo with low k's completely bog stock

they are very easy to tune and only need a exhaust 3" or bigger
Still the commodore and Falcon.

And then the new gm rhd rwd based platforms when and if they get here in 2020 and the kia stinger

Excels are still the go-to Aussie shit hatch despite being Korean and out of production for over a decade.

Though I suppose we could always listen to the gook shills and start championing the Stinger.

unsafe shitboxes that will kill you in a low speed crash

but yes if u can put up with driving a literal deathtrap they are noice

Friendly reminder to ignore any advice Falcunt gives. He doesn’t know his asshole from a hole in the ground.

I'll look into a G6E then, how different is the fuel economy between an N/A G6E and a turbo one?

Never said they were good, just that they’re still around years after production ended. Personally I hate the things and just looking at one ruins my day.

You really are a fucking retard.
>youtube.com/watch?v=FKkC7L3Blq8
>makes 197hp@wheels
It's like you retards can't comprehend the difference between flywheel and rear wheel readings.
>For reference, the stock BA/BF XR6 makes 133kw at the rear wheels on our dyno
>independentmotorsports.com.au/ford-ba-bf-xr6-na-packages/

>I put my standard BF XR6 on the dyno on the weekend and it made 139.0 rwkW.
>fordmods.com/ford-quarter-mile-dyno-track-racing-f39/bf-xr6-139-rwkw-t68307.html
^both examples of the petrol 182/190kw engine.

gas was gutless when they had the shitty old systems. Dedicated gas multiport injections work wonderful. LPG being shit is a meme because all the systems fitted were garbage until recently.

Idk if turbo versions exist but my uncle has a g6e with gas, it goes pretty well and costs nothing to run.

>RWD sedan

hmm, falcodore or maybe like a mazda 6 mps sorta, its awd but can be made to be quick.

turbos usually provide better economy unless being flogged.

>paying attention to falcunt

cant take a joke
nice dubos

Stinger a shit

>cant take a joke
What joke?

Abbreviation should be /AUNZ/ not /ANZ/. Sounds like a bank kek.

Might as well just annex NZ.

What

>Idk if turbo versions exist but my uncle has a g6e with gas, it goes pretty well and costs nothing to run.
It's one or the other. The EcoLPi is a non turbo factory taxi option which a previous poster also mentioned are quite advanced.

How stupid would I have to be to want to convert a DY Mazda 2 to a rearengined rwd using the fwd drivetrain, would even work? How much would engineering certification cost?

You wouldn't get it engineered.

It would end up like that rear rear datto ute out of road kill
Rear rear is a shit combo anyway he should just get a MR2 if he really wants the meme

the person who bought whynot got it engineered and it is registered now so give me a reason.

That's awesome has it been registered?

Give us more info or pics sounds funky as

>the person who bought whynot got it engineered and it is registered now so give me a reason
Did they?

I really need more info

Like photos

Okay that answers my question regarding it handing like shit. Would there be any way to mount a decent 4banger longitudinally and frankensteining a mx5 drive train? The idea of a tiny rwd hatch makes me wetter than the Amazon.

I'm driving a ve Calais v6 at the moment and it's pretty good. I don't think the timing chain is too much of an issue if you go with 7000km service intervals. The worst thing about it is retarded shit you need to do for servicing. Brb remove inlet manifold for plug change, drop gearbox for thermostat access ect ect

Just buy a mx5 ffs. It's would cost thousands, you'd need to find an engineer to sign off on the monstrosity and end up being even gayer than a stock mx5. It would probably work out cheaper to buy an a9x hatch

It'd only be registered if you claim it as your own built car. even then, what the fuck is the point of a rwd conversion for that when it's got the shittest chassis in the world? better off buying an evo wagon.

Whats going on cunts

Fuck all. Sorting my shit out to figure out what I want to do car wise this yr. You buy that 318 yet?

Gonna buy a shitter and swap it in whilst i build something else, can't be fucked having my car off the road any longer than what it needs to be.

yea that would be better than not driving it. Whats the setup on that? 4link rear or leafs?

Well I brace the chassis and stuff but I wouldn’t make it more than 250whp and I really like the boxy look of this get. I don’t really like mx5s and the Australian market has zero rwd hatches, not I don’t want a wagon unless it’s a vk. It’s all hypothetical because I’d never have the money for it, but I like to indulge the idea

import like a kp61 starlet then. its rwd.

They're actually not a bad chassis... as a FWD, but I'm skeptical "WHYNOT" has been registered post conversion even as an ICV.

D E L U S I O N A L

That type of serious modifications isn't for the amateur bolt ons guy. Don't do it, buy a car thats already rwd, anything can be made fast, but converting a fwd car to rwd is always not worth it.

Oh fuck, my nipples are now dicks
I wouldn’t be able to do it myself, I know I’d be paying someone 50k to make my 3k shitbox rwd, I think it’d be a fun way to waste money if I won lotto or something

lol. Just buy the kp61, they are a nice little car. you can import them from japan for 5-10k depending on condition.

anyone have experience with the ZD30? are they as fragile as im reading or is that because they're owned by bogans who dont service things

is it worth owning a gtr? i feel like the maintenance and cost of ownership would fuck me over big time. I love the look of the r32, its my top 3 cars i want to own. but I feel like i'd be better off with a gtst, its less maintenance because rwd not awd, would cost less, etc.

any thoughts? gtr or gtst. I like cruising & touge runs but nothing too serious, just looking for a fun car after owning econoboxes all my life.

they're "ok" if you go through the usual diesel bulletproofing modification (pro-vent, EGR delete, dawse valve), but otherwise they're fragile if you rag on them compared to stuff like Isuzu, Mitsubishi and Toyota four cylinders. CRD is a little less trouble prone than the earlier Di shitbox grenade.

It's a cop magnet and having owned one they are overpriced and over rated compared to domestic alternatives

That said having owned a gtst get a gtr

>domestic alternatives
what are those? Also I guess a gtr must be worth owning over the gtst.

thanks user, exactly what i wanted to hear

GTS-T GTS-T GTS-T GTS-T !

GTS gearbox (manual) isn't as stronk as the gtr is the main reason for getting a gtr over the gtst besides the engine being better

Don't fall for the R33/34 meme they are heavier especially the gtrs

If U want rwd only there is some rb26det swapped gtst r32s out there but I'd make sure they have a good GTR gearbox if at all possible.

Personally I'd recommend a holden/ford small block V8 or turbo six you get a lot more power for your money and the aftermarket is still plentiful

They don't handle as well stock but wide tyres and coilovers will sort that out.

Most skylines are even more best to shit as well

Best bet is to buy one and sit it in a shed while U slowly work on it and go get a big comfy cruiser as a daily.

Calais/statesman are max comfy and stupid reliable

>Best bet is to buy one and sit it in a shed while U slowly work on it and go get a big comfy cruiser as a daily.
literally what i was going to do, either a gtr or gtst, park it, fix it with all the shit i want, aka hicas delete, reliability mods, coilovers, tires, wheels and then register it. if gtst, rb25 swap with a decent sized turbo and haul ass.

I can't stand r34's man, i dont like them. 32s are my favourite. I could go for a white 33 gtr but i wouldnt buy a gtst, etc.

My other dream car would be a boomer mobile but the ones i've looked at are rusted to shit or way too expensive.

If you're gonna do mountain driving, a gt-r would be shit bang for buck. You'd be better off buying an mx5 and turbone. At least then when you total it you aren't out $50k and there's one less iconic car in the world.

Id do both of U have the money go for it

Get a daily either way unless U like being stranded towed living at mechanics or waiting on parts fucken getting lifts etc.

Boomer rust era trash

sure, if i wanted to only thrash in the mountains i'd look at a mx5 or evo. but i wanted an all round car, cruising, drag, touge, skid every now and then, falcodores in my experience are too heavy and cannot turn.

Leaf rear, 3 speed auto, nothing overly special, was meant to be a cruiser.. now I'm thinking of building a big block with powerglide and a 4link rear, turn it into a drag car

I bet all the falcodores U drove had fucked shocks and king springs at most

Ve-vf zeta can handle especially the utes and sedans

V bodies are a bit too long in the tooth even at low ks you're up for a almost complete rebuilt or the entire car if you wanna use it for rouge/racing I should know I'm still not finished and have been working on my boat for 3 years.

Falcons can't fit as much rubber up front unless U got for a fg and they are heavy even the utes

Holden's do handle better due to better irs but you will get camber and tow wear so rear tyres don't last long

No offence but why do literal drag strip queen's always go for the meme glide?

T. T56 swap master race

daily reminder that the falcon was the last true aussie car whereas the commodore had a y*Nk engine

No, it is I.

solid tripcode

Fuckwhit the alloytech was made here

Because it's pretty much the best transmission to build unless you have a solid 30k sitting around

T56 are cheap as fuck to rebuild and have a crazy aftermarket option to put in a magnum etc.

I know dragfags prefer that torque converter stally trans brake but I can't stand it as soon as it hits the touge it turns to mush