/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>other car edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Factory Service Manuals for a lot of Hondas
shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>N-BOX Custom
youtu.be/yb7pZOn9C54

>Stupid user
youtube.com/watch?v=333jm5MhU1c&feature=youtu.be

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8

Last Thread:

Attached: hg fam2 v140.jpg (7776x4824, 3.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O3Yy5wyQAj8
youtu.be/MKOqC-JbSYY
youtu.be/2YKyEwxOAvU
youtube.com/watch?v=XPLXm2PbOXw
youtu.be/itY8amp9tOI
youtube.com/watch?v=wv-sGs2ePYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

Attached: hg collage instructions.jpg (936x504, 313K)

>1 weird trick your neighbors don't want you to know!

Attached: NSX paint-carousel-2-image-2-large.jpg (1500x893, 150K)

It pains me I only get to drive my Honda once every few months. Every time I take it out somebody tries to write it off. I wish I knew why.

>72 hour gap between /hg/ threads
get ur shit together soyboi

Really liking the outlandish colors on these Civics, hope body people can match it when it gets hit.

Attached: 20180310_145500.jpg (1921x1225, 1.42M)

Swapped in some LCAs and a stock rear swaybar from a teg into my EG hatch, which has no rear swaybar from the factory.

Happy with the results. It's minimal but cost nothing and everything was a direct bolt on.

Attached: 20180310_105613.jpg (4032x3024, 3.27M)

My first car

Not the one in the pic but identical

It was the complete opposite of a pussy magnet but it was so fucking well set up.

Compliant ride, great suspension control, tight shifter, dead-accurate manual steering.

Too bad it looked like an anime fishtank.

Attached: 100_0799.jpg (800x600, 103K)

Love it. Keep it forever.

Attached: accord3.jpg (1024x768, 213K)

I regret to inform you it's already sold

Pics pls.
Then you were just blogposting?

>tfw no 4th gen ef hatch

*cries*

I was stating that I owned and enjoyed a Honda on a Honda thread

Attached: resized civic.jpg (3264x1840, 946K)

>Too bad it looked like an anime fishtank

Lol. I always hated the C-pillars on these cars. Way too vertical

I agree on the rear sway bar. I put one in my EG too and it really helped it out.

Tfw 4th gen ef hatch. It's a slow feeling

pls post pics

Sup Honda senpai, I got a question for you.

Right now, my car is a 2000 Accord V6 Coupe. I bought it 8 years ago with just over 100k miles. I've put the major scheduled maintenance into it, but I've lacked on some things for about the last 4 years. No dash lights/CEL, no trans issues(aside from the fact a 4spd auto sucks vs more speeds today).
To get the car back to 100% I would need to spend about $1000. Needs suspension(quoted at $750 for struts and rubber components), an alignment and 4 corner brake job($250). I've been thinking about upgrading to a used $15-20k Accord. What do you think is the best option? The interior is in quite good for an 18yr old car. Everything works, except AM radio. I have 143k on the car. Some body rust, driver's door front corner by A-pillar is rusted out on the inside, but I never touched it and it's not falling apart, but it would if you messed with it. I only drive 30miles a day for work. Driving for everything else is very local.

Pros: newer car with ~25k miles, no foreseeable maintenance issues due to age of vehicle.
Cons: Payments, which I don't have now besides insurance.

Finally got some lights in the shop and raised the front to where it's supposed to be. Two inches lower than stock is all I need.

Attached: hAvVaXj.jpg (1350x1013, 1.06M)

That's a really aesthetic photo.

Why do people think fartcans on Honda civics sound bad?

Depends on what kind of fart can. eBay one sounds pretty shitty. At least get a Yonaka which is very competitively priced. They sound great with a stock header.

Difference between farty and nice?

Fart
youtu.be/O3Yy5wyQAj8

Nice
youtu.be/MKOqC-JbSYY

Nice with a unequal length header. This is me.
youtu.be/2YKyEwxOAvU

i unironically like the first one the most, but wish it wasn't so loud.

youtube.com/watch?v=XPLXm2PbOXw

this is the best one i've heard personally. also the exact civic i want.

It sounds too echoey to me. I prefer a deeper sound. This was what came with my car.

youtu.be/itY8amp9tOI

That's amazing. How is that rice? reeeeeee

It was extremely drony. Was kind of hard to daily it. Though it was a Magnaflow with a pretty big resonator. Eventually the resonators broke and the header got a lot of holes in it.

Know any exhausts that are maybe a half step up from stock? I just want something that's a little less restrictive, but not something that will wake up my neighbors when I leave to work at 3:30 AM.

Most every aftermarket exhaust will be kinda loud. Yonaka with the stock cat might be the least loud.

youtube.com/watch?v=wv-sGs2ePYQ

Just found this one lad. How's it?

Pretty good. Though HKS stuff can be very pricey.

Do the Yonakas crack/rattle at high RPM? I can hear it slightly.
I feel like a mic will never truly record exhaust sounds accurately.

First honda for you guys? Mine was a family friend's 2006 civic lx. Got it back in 2011. Sold it to a close friend to afford for a 2018 civic ex couple weeks ago.

Attached: IMG_20180225_1050520.jpg (3840x2160, 2.96M)

With this header it does. It's very smooth sounding with a normal 4-2-1 header.

Attached: 20180304_144850_HDR.jpg (4160x2080, 2.94M)

1993 Civic DX auto that a guy swapped a 2000 Civic DX engine into. It still runs and I sold it to a Honda friend.

Attached: received_1671250972947162.jpg (2048x1536, 179K)

*sniff*

Attached: 05272017038.jpg (4000x2248, 1.27M)

True beauty amigo

Ah nice my dad had that accord when I was a kid. First car that had me interested in honda. My family has been an Acura honda family since like the 70s

i want the cute
i want the cute
i want the cute

Attached: hhh.png (1270x549, 1.13M)

Heres the new civic. Posted this in previous threads. Need to wash it then take new pics. But lately it's been a mix of rain and ice here in Nebraska so it's been a challenge to find a good window for a wash.

Attached: IMG_20180217_1537518.jpg (3840x2160, 2.51M)

>3 nihgas can be seen in the bumper reflection staring at it cause it's cute

Best bolt ons to get some more power out of the J32a2? I just have an intake and cat-back at the moment.

I'd prefer a diff color but the shape is qt. Reminds of a smaller retro Toyota 4runner

Really want to work on my car but there's nothing that needs to be done. I bought it 4 months ago and all I've done is change the wiper blades and give it a wash.

Anyone know this feeling?

Attached: AuOePLdh.jpg (1024x576, 198K)

Sorta. I mean don't go looking for reasons to "fix" things if it's running smooth.

buy a project

Aesthetics mods time

The engine is faultless. It honestly feels new.

Attached: D15Z7.png (1728x972, 2.76M)

I would love to but we're moving 1000 kilometres away later this year and it would be difficult with a third car.
Anything come to mind?

Attached: AuOePLd.jpg (1024x768, 144K)

In 2013, bought a 1993 LX 5speed from a guy who bought it from my coworker. Junked it in January and bought a 96 corolla dx 5spd.

Attached: 20171013_213357.jpg (3264x1840, 1.97M)

Heres the corolla

Attached: 20180223_121433.jpg (3264x1840, 2.45M)

...is this what i think it is?

Attached: offroad hatch.jpg (640x480, 121K)

I'm putting a fairly large glasspack and a DNA motoring muffler with silencer into my car later this year. Should be good

I really wanna fix my Corolla. Hardest part is getting started. It's been sitting since like last summer I think.

Noice. I'm still in love with my UEL setup. I swear it's quieter than the normal header when cruising. Rumbles hard on acceleration though.

I can't afford a 1320 header really. I do envy the sound.

My goal is to be a rice burner. I'll have a gaudy exhaust, gaudy paint, and a massive wing. It'll be great.

Thing is, I might buy a Prius pretty soon so all my beautiful cash will be gone :/ The Prius looks like a good deal and is a perfect delivery car though

its a perfect car to deliver your girlfriend to her boyfriends house

Technically I can't either but I did a small loan through Affirm to pay for it over six months. Only $31 extra so it works out.

How much was it?

$349 with free shipping. I think that's cheaper than a new Skunk2. More expensive than the Yonaka catback, though. Kek

>implying I wouldn't be having sex with the guy in that scenario

That's not bad. Probably not free overseas shipping though. Your car sounds great.

My fg3.
I got the thing changed the filters imediatly and now all I have left is the dent and bad diy tint job the first owner did.
My plans in the future. I'll probably start with a bike though.
That's pretty clean for it's age.

Me in a couple years if I can. I would do that shit desu.

The previous owner changed the oil and had the timing belt replaced when I agreed to buy it. The air filter was close to new as well.
It really doesn't feel like it's almost 20.

Thanks. I hope I don't need to do any more exhaust related stuff for quite a while.

I didn't really want a Civic as my first car but I would have way rather had the hatch, way better lines.

I miss that 40 mpg though.

Anyone have an LSD from a b16a transmission?

dark times m'lads. dark times

>new girl also moving to MN, shortly dumped after 3 weeks
>MN contract 99% sure not being renewed
>stuck in illinois
>no relo bonus, no raise
>stuck in illinois

I would do anything to get back to god's country.

it's fascinating how life is spectacular one second then terrifying the next.

Attached: IMG_0223.jpg (750x1334, 204K)

My life is mediocre all the time, and I actively make life choices to keep it this way. Steady line > Ups and downs.

but the downs make the ups so worth ti

appreciate the perspective, user

get another cleaner 2000 accord v6 coupe and use the current one for a parts car

because of the resonance from a 4 cylinder, the BRAAAAP noise from 3000-4000 rpm is very dissonant. the oem catalytic converter cancels out some of this resonance so if you run a test pipe and a cheap exhaust the system isnt tuned for producing a nice tone

you can get aftermarket systems that are tuned to produce a nice tone without the rasp but you have to view the entire thing as a system. if you remove the cat you need 2X the resonator and so on. imo for most honda engines a 4-1 header, 2 resonators and a twinloop muffler is the best sounding combo

do some little stuff around the bay like cleaning the rubber with silicone and maybe tuck the headlight harnesses? makes a big difference.

Yeah I definitely notice the BRAAAAP right at 3000 when accelerating. I just have the resonator that came with the Yonaka. It's fairly long, too. The muffler itself is massive and the thick piping actually touches my rear sway bar. I need to wrap it with some rubber hose.

the length of the resonator is only one factor, the diameter is more important.
check out the resonator on the mugen piece. this is an extremely well designed exhaust.

Attached: mugen_twinloop.jpg (1080x1080, 141K)

the mugen catback is designed to be used with the 2.5" type R catalytic converter and the mugen header

Always thought those looked sweet. Very pricey though, which is expected of Mugen stuff.

I do recall Yonaka stating that they suggest having a catalytic converter with their catback. I just have a test pipe that came with the 1320 header.

Attached: YMCB002-500x500.jpg (500x500, 33K)

I run a OBX twinloop which is pretty good but the fit and finish is garbage. sounds good though. LHT performance down in florida makes a nice twinloop exhaust as does Hytech but they are almost as expensive as mugen.
I really want to get my hands on a legit jdm 2.5" type R cat, they seem to just get thrown away but they obviously flow up to 200hp.

Yeah I saw that too on eBay. Not too surprising the cats get thrown away. Mine didn't have one when I bought it, plus they don't require them at all in my area for inspections.

seconded

Aftermarket intake - probably wont give you a boost in terms of HP, but it makes the engine sound so much better.
Exhaust
New wheels
Type-R rear wing
Type-R front gril
Type-R headlights
Front lip

You could definitely take this to another level unless you want to keep it mostly stock.

Attached: robin-kavanagh-ek-honda-civic-turbo-20.jpg (1200x800, 353K)

Are 90hp civic ek hatchbacks still any fun? Because insurance naturally means it'll be expensive to get anything faster than that.

Short answer is no.
Long answer is yes.
Depends what parts you consider make a car fun.
Be specific cause it's handling is fun but it lacks power.

at least you get to spend more time with me in the state that smells like toilets

> 90hp
> Hatchback
My motorbike has 90hp. You're gonna be seriously underpowered.

Well what I consider fun is pretty different from what most people probably do. I've driven small little shitboxes that can't have been making more than 120hp but really enjoyed it. I prefer the feeling of being in control and well I guess in a car with low horsepower you can really floor it and that's all I need, I don't care about speed, but rather the sensation of acceleration, I wanted something that isn't hesistant to rev while not being actually fast because naturally, the consequences of flooring it in a slow car are much less than that of one with high horsepower and I know I'm not a good enough driver to handle that.

Has anyone here got or driven a Fit/Jazz? I'm looking to buy one (around 2009-2011MY) with the 1.4L (UK). Everywhere says they feel really boring to drive, and my other option is a Fiesta, which is meant to be much more fun.

My husband says I can get a new set of wheels in a few months when I get my full licence (NZ), and an exhaust when it gets K swapped. It's not really my money to spend.
I'm tempted by the type R grille, but I'm not sure about the others. I like the unassuming look it has, even though it's a rare model.

Attached: jWVYEJ7.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

Is it okay to like low-power motors?

I just want to have a comfy shitbox civic hatch with overall phenomenal handling, braking, suspension, and reliability. I'd be totally okay with around 105, up to about 150 HP.

Also, no rust and good fuel economy.

I drove my CRX with 58 horsepower for a couple months before blowing up the engine. Good handling cars are fun but not if you get honked at for how slow you are

75% of motorists on the road in the US have 8 second 0-60's. My very own honda shitbike only has a 9 second 0-60. I'll be okay, user-kun.

If you are just going to disagree with opinions you don't want to hear, why ask?

looking at getting a "fun" car to mess around with
found a third gen prelude for $300 with some problems, looks interesting

my only reservation is that I'm quite tall and probably wouldn't fit well in it, which limits what kinds of cars I can get
any ideas?

Attached: 1452458973631.jpg (502x600, 280K)

*honks*

btw what year CRX only has a 58HP motor? that's REALLY underpowered, user.

Not him but the first gen CR-X non fuel injected makes like 67hp crank.

Attached: That was a $3000 Civic officer.png (400x400, 307K)

'85 HF

did you ever even use any sort of freeway or highway?