GUTS

GUTS.
GLORY.
RAM.

Attached: 2017_Ram_3500.jpg.image.500.jpg (500x358, 24K)

>24 valve

GET ON YOUR KNEES!!

Attached: 2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-4500HD-front-three-quarter-e1520557587916.jpg (660x438, 91K)

>is an industrial truck and rides like it

Looks neat though, I'm a fan of chevy using the black bowtie

Euros will never know the feeling

Attached: DSC_0084-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 148K)

How much longer before they offer a luxury trim for Cleetus?

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 390K)

*has a bigger dick than you*

>I gotta lie about my dick size on the internet, that'll show em!!!

It's okay no need to feel bad. I only asked a question anyway.

Probably will be ready for that, factory.
Might be the GMC model that they do it with?

> Burgers :DDDDD

>get jealous over cool trucks you will never get to drive or own
>resort to ad hominen attacks about penis size.

At least come up with new material, Sven

>thought it was an Veeky Forums photoshop
>look it up
>it’s real
Fucking hell

They're gonna do it with Chevy as well since so many people buy the Silverado with that High Country package.

Attached: TRUGG.jpg (2400x1487, 692K)

BASED

>tfw dad bought fuckhueg ram and imported it to england
Comfiest feel, taking up way too much space, the looks and comments, it was glorious
>was also all black and a funeral home bought it off of us to use as a hearse
Wish i was around to see it now

>>tfw dad bought fuckhueg ram and imported it to england

Based brit
>Burgerking abbrove :DDD

Attached: rm017_104tf.jpg (738x415, 92K)

>somber funeral dirge plays in graveyard, gradually drowned out by the encroaching cacaphony of a Cummins diesel
Fucking fantastic

The only thing about Ram is the Cummins. If Ford or Chevy had a god tier CAT engine, then Ram Chrysler would have a run for their money.

Attached: CAT-logo.png (1300x700, 37K)

>this lel brought to you by burgers, and basedbrit's Dad

mm. After that 01-03 transmission run, the brand steadily improved, post dodge split they're for real.

I'm a Ram > both guy, but I also believe the powerstroke's legit now. The Duramax is good too. The segment is so competitive it's ridiculous, no one makes a shit tier truck, they can't, they'd lose marketshare too quickly.

But branding wise, I do think you're right. A CAT branded engine would be a big sell to the pickup crowd.
>big burger truck rolls up
>CAT badge on the hood

Like the commercial is that visual with the engine's audio, and that's it.

Fucking this. I've had good experience with a Duramax, but nothing can outmatch a Straight 6 CAT Diesel engine.

Ford needs it the most, more than Chevy. Super Duty owners have been having headaches with their new Powerstroke engines.

Attached: C820021 (1).jpg (712x534, 89K)

Oh and to add, Ford needs a better transmission, RAM too.

Fuck CAT and their Indian call support for fucking codes you cannot clear without dealer passwords.

Ford trans seems alright. On the other hand, I drove a ram 2500 once and in traffic the trans wouldn't go. Had to turn it off and then turn it back on. Truck had 400mi on it

Why are used Dodge Rams considerably cheaper than Fords & Chebbys?
Not as good?

Sounds just about accurate. Same problem with my buddy's Ram 3500 tow truck. It just refused to shift.

Lots of factors go in to resale prices
>see: toyota tax

One of the obvious ones: rams tend to be priced less than rams and chevy's to begin with.

I work in truck rental, and it happened when I driving a customer to another branch. Kind of embarrassing lol.

Why the hell are truck manufacturers, especially Chevy, killing front ground clearance with these ridiculously long front bumpers? Aerodynamics?

Take a look at 1st and 2nd gen Cummins trucks then reevaluate your statement

Attached: 15985387629_84c033c485_k.jpg (2048x1365, 1.14M)

Aero and pedestrian safety. It's just a piece of plastic held in with some plastic pins, you can take it off if you want.

Reply to me again and I blow up your house

>Aerodynamics?
Yes, it's there for aerodynamics but most owners claim that it doesn't help at all making it completely useless.

not even a truckfag but I fucking love Rams. they're so aggressive looking, wish they sold them here

Unfortunately we'll never see a factory CAT engine inside a passenger truck or any new rig until the emissions nazi's fuck off, it was becoming too expensive for CAT to make diesels that were strangled by the emissions shit, CAT's are a fucking awesome engine, last for millions of miles, which is why a lot of people keep rebuilding them or putting them in Glider Kits of the trucks they buy (anyone unfamiliar with a Glider Kit, its basically a new semi truck without the engine or transmission)

If i were to buy a new truck with a CAT engine I wouldnt want a rebadge, i'd want a genuine CAT engine.

the only reason first and 2nd gen cummins trucks are so expensive is because of MUH 12 VALVE, there's no reason that a rusted out 92 dodge with a 500,000 mile minimally maintained 12 valve should be worth $8,000 because "I know what i got, dont low ball me"

>Unfortunately we'll never see a factory CAT engine inside a passenger truck or any new rig until the emissions nazi's fuck off,

Reality: Minus the "save the whales, but, what about, muh whales" crowd, we'd have like 500hp 1,100lb ft 7L diesels that got 20mpg+ in our trucks, But NOOOOOOOOO.

Attached: kylorenchimpout.gif (485x212, 1.49M)

holy fuck

Yup, the EPA is a bitch. I think it's also a bit difficult for Hino to meet the emissions regulations as well. Saddens me a lil.

>Why are Rams cheaper
>They aren't
>Yeah well they are expensive because reasons
Ok

FWIW I agree. A 300k mile 2nd gen with a 24v 5.9 is not worth $10k+

And yet...

Attached: Untitled.png (562x535, 86K)

It saves maybe a half mpg on highway. Worthless for city use.

Sometimes I wish diesel would become over $4 a gallon again so people would sell the trucks cheap. I really missed out last time that happened, cause I was young

It was rumored that cat offered Chevy a engine deal, but required a solid front axle. I would buy a cat/Allison combo. Until then I'm stuck with a Cummins inside a ram

>Headaches with powerstrokes
I don't know how Ford keeps selling those things. They're having so many problems and they've been having problems for years. Not to mention you have to remove the cab for 50% if the repairs which is just going to cost money.

Shows you the power of brand loyalty

Around here (North West us) cummins has the highest resale of the other two.
But ram has the cheaper truck in terms of base price. Of course you can add your trims and basically pay as much as you want.

The Ford buyers will INSIST the Rams suck, having to take the cab off the truck is "no big deal", etc etc.

Truck loyalty is a hell of a thing to witness

>all diesal
Its like you retards are genuinely inept. Did i say diesals? Chevys, fords and dodges. Dodges are cheap and shit. I should fucking rape you senseless and cut your tits off

>Not to mention you have to remove the cab for 50% if the repairs which is just going to cost money.

Oh yeah I heard about that... Such a scummy company for making money pits for unexpecting buyers.

>That front

Attached: Katie-Holmes-Double-Vision--35526.jpg (765x1200, 170K)

Attached: 27z9r83.png (640x478, 527K)

I find it amusing when people think that more horsepower equals less efficiency, when in reality more horsepower is more efficient because the engine works less to perform the same task.

I just ask them to explain to me how a 400 horsepower detroit gets the same MPG that a 600 horsepower isx cummins/c15 cat gets in the same truck hauling the same freight yet goes into the shop more for repair to the engine because it tired itself out.

What, bringing experience onto Veeky Forums?
What, small ass engines with less power doing the same task will likely wear out faster?

>Mahindra thread utterly BTFO.

im not a truckerfag, its just an observation i've made over the years. I was curious so i started asking people I know in the trucking industry, I asked one friend that went from a company driver driving a 2013 Freightshaker Cascadia with a 450 or so horsepower 14L detroit 60 series to an owner operator driving a 1994 Kenworth W900 with a 3406B CAT the he had tuned up to 800 horsepower and i think it made around 2300 or 2400 ftlbs of torque, i'll have to ask him again, it gets the same fuel mileage hauling the same freight, but he said that he's had to bring it into the shop a lot less, even though its an older truck and the reason he brought it into the shop was for tires and an oil change rather than something in the engine being worn out or something with the emissions crap so he's making more money because he's in the shop less.

>4500
>only has a service body

you could put a service body on a 1500

Engine load determines fuel usage. It's how a 650hp corvette can get the same highway mileage as a 1.5l civic.

If you want to replace the truck every 2 years. The cabinets and shit are 1000lbs empty plus almost a 1000lbs of tools and air compressor which is already over the limit of a 1500. Those service trucks are usually carrying 800lb engine blocks and shit.

I'm not really into lifted diesels and don't think I'd ever own one but I think this is funny and fitting for this post

Forgot pic

Attached: Ford-2017-SunFrogShirts.com-The-Best-T-Shirts-Hunting.jpg (736x736, 137K)

Pretty accurate.

Mechanics hate working on new Fords.

why?

The 6.7 is a damn solid engine. First year models had a few teething issues, but otherwise their damn decent.
6.4 is a pile of shit that can make ungodly power once you dump stupid money into it.
6.0 gets alot of shit even though the early 03's were the only complete garbage ones. A bullet proofed 6.0 is pretty much dead nuts reliable
7.3 is a legend for good reason even if it is just a noisy old school bus engine
Also if you have access to a two post, you can have the cab off in under an hour, I agree though that half the engine under the cowl is complete bullshit

It doesn't matter though, open the hood of any modern diesel, and the amount of bullshit is overwhelming. You have to delete them to even make one worth owning or get anything resembling decent fuel economy.

The days of IDI's and 12 valves have long since passed.

this is why

this.
honestly if you say this for any car you kinda go and prove to everyone that you have the small dick for bringing it up

Attached: thats not my name.jpg (500x500, 34K)

love em. that hemi

>guts
You got that right. Ram trucks are so pussy their logo looks like a female anatomy diagram. Get a hummer

Attached: 1200px-Hummer_H2_.jpg (1200x780, 155K)

>get a hummer
>not posting glorious h1
>posts h2
>a glorified suburban

Attached: hummer-h1-59883-4017093.jpg (2144x1424, 431K)

Can anyone explain to me the appeal of owning a gigantic, slow, gas guzzling, lifted diesel TRUGH?
Other than
>muh torks
And
>muh lifted suspension to go over rocks n stuff

I can't think of any reason to actually make it a daily driver.
>suspension designed to alienate you from the road, you feel like you're floating on a cloud
>hilariously shitty gas mileage
>a bitch to repair
>transmissions constantly blowing up because American engineers are brainlets
>comical amounts of body roll
>decent launches but very little umph at higher speeds because all that frontal surface area and that school bus tier drag coefficient
>fucking stinks of diesel
>generally considered a nuisance on the road, on par with stance fags

from what i gather of it, it's
>giant suspension lift and several creature comforts in car means comfy
>it has 4x4 so normies think it's good for bad weather
>American regs are more lenient to truggs and SUVs than cars because American lawmakers are brainlets, allowing for similar mileage to cars
>obnoxious lift you never use and torque you only use at stoplights are basically the same thing as other obnoxious cosmetic mods and engine tunes

A. You have a big trailer and tow frequently, diesels may only lose around 10% of their mpg while towing, gas loses like 40% (from experience)

B. You're a poser.

They are tow rigs. That is their designed purpose.

A milf down the street drives one of these god damn she had mega cow tiddies.

>people with small benis: the thread

>be euro
>detailing shop owner had an SRT-10 manual
>he used to bring it to the shop all the time
>it ended up getting stolen
>It was found after a week abandoned and in bad condition
>He just drives an W203
fucking albanians

>yuropoor: the post

Attached: 158610a.png (300x240, 146K)

>The cabinets and shit are 1000lbs empty plus almost a 1000lbs of tools and air compressor which is already over the limit of a 1500. Those service trucks are usually carrying 800lb engine blocks and shit.

2,800 lbs is over the limit of a 1500? Jesus for their size they sure can't carry shit

>A bullet proofed 6.0

>Buy something
>immediately have to take it apart to make it good
>This is OK for some reason

This kills the ram

Attached: BFB5B9AF-D5C7-45C0-B97F-BCCA08E1AB9B.jpg (4032x3024, 1.87M)

>driving a shitbarge down country lanes while sitting on the wrong side
Unless they're available in Straya with RHD and he shipped it around the world or something.

Attached: 1437600735960.jpg (693x663, 60K)

Of what, being a retard yokel with poor spending behaviour and basically only a lifted pretend-lorry, a trailer home and a lot of debt to his name?

Other than space, what other creature comforts does a trugg have over your average modern sedan for instance?

If you actually have a real reason to need that much torque (running a business, hauling equipment, etc) then that's ok, otherwise you're a poser. I have immensely more respect for the non-lifted dually diesel truck hauling equipment than the lifted pavement princesses rolling coal down the interstate. One man has a job, an actual function in society, the other is just a menace that needs to get cucked by the EPA for his coal faggotry

I do it every day all day everyday. Often on cliff faces with no barriers. It actually makes it easier to know how close you are to the edge. Even my wife with her female grade spacial awareness has no problem.

An added bonus is that it scares the other people who try to cut into your hand to happen upon something that takes up the whole road and puts them in their places.

This is Fords problem. They keep switching platforms and changing their shit cause they can't get anything proven or solid. The Cummins as been around a long time, it's proven, and easier to work on. I looked at a new Cummins and yes, they added some plastic shit, and the oil filter, fuel filter, fuel pump, air box, etc,etc was in the same spot as my 97 twelve valve. You don't get that with Ford. You're post proves the point that brand loyalty is blind

Lifted diesels are just pretty mall crawlers and pavement pounders.

But stock diesels usually get better mpgs than gasser trucks, pull heavy loads, last longer with less maintenance, and they attract the truck slots

Explaining is needed

most half tonne trucks, like the f150, chevy/gmc 1500 and ram 1500's have around 2000lbs of payload capacity without adding stuff to the suspension, thats why you see more 3/4 tonne, 1 tonne, class 4 and class 5 trucks as service trucks because of the payload capacity. Can a half tonne do it? probably, not effectively but it can