What's Veeky Forums's favorite modern "adventure" car/truck?

What's Veeky Forums's favorite modern "adventure" car/truck?

Attached: Rocky-Downhill-2017-Toyota-Tacoma-TRD-Pro-10-20-16.jpg (620x413, 353K)

Attached: IMG_0756.jpg (1023x764, 243K)

yeah, the adventure is the one your girl is going to get involved in when she realizes you drive such a fucking cuckbox kek

Prez/o/ BTFO

Attached: 1519378544945.png (565x577, 690K)

The Taco you posted.

Attached: p1hoz16t2qbm5ga4k41z.jpg (800x450, 42K)

>soviet will get triggered by this

Yota king

Attached: 535705D4-0F29-4A06-8DFB-56837002AC52.jpg (5214x3476, 2.44M)

>new tacoma
it's laughable how many i see for sale pre-owned with less than 5k miles. get a full-size

I wanna sell my f150 for pic related. Thought I'm also considering trading mine in for a base model single cab with a camper shell in 4x4.

Help me Veeky Forums

Attached: Screenshot_20180310-075151~2.png (1080x650, 1.38M)

wow, op found a pic of a toyota that hasnt broken in half. amazing.

Come into the fold my child.

Join us.

*quietly appreciates in value*

Attached: 20171014_211838 - Copy.jpg (1372x1029, 232K)

The tacc

Attached: IMG_7952.jpg (2141x1707, 764K)

FJ interior? What's a good price for a pre owned? I see them at my local dealer for ~25-30k

>get a full-size

No thank you. i have no need for a fatter truck when a tacoma good enough.

Attached: 2017-Toyota-Tacoma-TRD-Pro-8.jpg (1600x1068, 1M)

what about that big nasty blindspot between the rear windows and the rear windscreen? GL merging

>what are blind spot mirrors

Jimny!

Attached: suzuki-jimny-2015-offroad-CA.jpg (1489x837, 296K)

Had an FJ, you do have to be careful when merging. You get pretty good too, knowing where the cars around you are (the mirrors are a bit on the small side to be truthful).

If the car enters in your blindspot, and stays in your blindspot, if you don't use your mirrors right or phone it in, you're boned.

Not impossible, but hard(er) than many vehicles, yes.

you realize the tacoma is actually longer, and is only 3 inches narrower than an f150 right?

Maybe one day I can import one

Attached: toyotalc_hzj79dc_2.jpg (1200x797, 226K)

>good enough
you mean under-powered, gas guzzling, cramped inside, and just as/if not more expensive?

The tacoma when doing apples to apples comparisons is NOT longer, it's 3in narrower, per side, and a bit lighter than a fullsize truck.

Midsize trucks in 2018 are juust about the size of fullsize trucks in 2000, but there is a difference in size and cost vs the big burger trucks.

They're easier to park and fit in garages, and you can get a fully loaded one cheaper than an equivalent 1/2ton, and a "nicely" loaded one cheaper than a "nicely" loaded 1/2ton by like a
$10,000 gap.

Yes but unlike the Tundra it's not 3/4 ton sized with a half ton drive train

Attached: 778102D3-90DA-4C93-924F-E8C6FD9C035C.png (1000x669, 321K)

Depends on the package, mileage, and condition. If you want anything half decent, expect to spend at least 25K.

I'm a leaf and I spent $30K on mine a year ago, with 90,000km. It's an Adventure package so it has a lot of options, but it was also in great condition and Toyota Certified.

You're best to look at 2010+ models, they came with the upgraded 1GR-FE engine good for 260hp, as opposed to earlier models with 239hp.

You just do an awkward lean/shoulder check in front of the B-pillar to make sure you don't smoke anyone. Plus it has really large mirrors so keeping track of cars around you isn't that hard. I've never hit anyone or even come close.

It wouldn't be any worse than driving a fullsize panel van, or a truck with a cap on the back. If anything it's easier, FJs are fairly short/stout and easy to move around.

Attached: DSC_0719.jpg (1444x960, 453K)

top kek

based S/o/viet buttblasting Prez/o/

The renegade might be a shitty crossover but at least it's an honest attempt at a real somewhat capable off road vehicle.

I wish that the trailhawk version had a manual option and they had real locking or limited slip diffs

>FWD
>FCA build quality
>built exclusively in Italy, Brazil, and China

lmfao yeah a real honest attempt at fucking people out of their money with a memebox

Jeep makes shit, plain and simple.

>under-powered
don't care, it aint no ferrari.
>gas guzzling
how? i average 19 - 22 MPG City, that's good.
>cramped inside
not a problem unless you're over 250lbs
> and just as/if not more expensive?

Feels like i'm getting more in this truck than I would for a garbage Chevrolet Colorado.

The one that you build to go where you want

Like the mall

Attached: 144B311A-D253-4282-A067-0449AEC594B7.jpg (3010x3010, 3.61M)

>2018
>owning a Nissan product

Attached: disgusting3.jpg (300x260, 14K)

Not hating or anything, but why the hell is nissan so slow when it comes to updating their shit? seriously, that design is almost 13 years old.

Is it because they share the same mentality as toyota where if it aint broke don't fix?

Attached: brabus-b63s-mercedes-benz-g-class-6x6-02.jpg (3000x1996, 885K)

The new gen is just too big, it's barely smaller than an F150, may as well just get the F150.

Attached: DSC_0010.jpg (2000x1339, 1.13M)

I dig mine

Attached: tacotime.jpg (2049x1537, 1.49M)

Thing is they've already updated to the D23 about 3 years ago, it just hasn't made its way to North America yet.

I don’t get it either man. The only upside is that I got this for much cheaper than an even older Tacoma. It’s a shame that the Frontier and Z are getting outclassed.

Don’t understand why they couldn’t have brought over the Panda 4x4 and been done with it

Is the new 3.5l v6 taco slower than the last gen 1gr fe 4.0l?

Engine produces same hp apparently, so is less displacement of new one made up for with other newer better engine tech? Is it alot better on gas?

fags

Fun fact: andrea merkel does not want you to have one of these and maintains she has the right to be able to kill you with a definable amount of ease.

Attached: Typhoon_MRAP_4x4_armoured_Mine_Resistant_Ambush_Protected_vehicle_Streit_Group_defence-industry_mili (640x427, 40K)

>how? i average 19 - 22 MPG City, that's good.
That's the gas mileage I get in my '17 f150 with the 5.0 v8 lol

Im willing to sacrifice em pee gees for a truck reliable enough to outlive you.

The 5.0 coyote will outlive your frame, bucko.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 6_5613830.jpg (620x320, 53K)

Cheap, fun and indestructible...Tahoe

Attached: IMG_0735.jpg (660x495, 64K)

>"Bucko"

>"See the thing about the 5.0s are, they're chads!
>And what do chads guard?
right, treasure!
>In order to get the treasure, don't forget to clean your bed.
>If you think cleaning that bed is so simple, think again bucko, you don't clean your bed, what do you get.
>Rust. It's practically screaming at you too!"

Attached: Peterson-Newman.png (640x480, 132K)

What the fuck are you on about

>FCA

Attached: 1519888687286.png (634x662, 382K)

>that grill

Attached: 8.gif (320x180, 1.04M)

>When going on an adventure day trip costs hundreds of dollars

Most of you don't understand the concept of "adventure vehicle." Something that's efficient yet can handle most paths. Like a RAV4 or Subaru. Even a lot of the cuck crossovers are better options than your dirt haulers.

Attached: 1520719749285.png (800x729, 48K)

P O W E R
O
W
E
R

W A G O N
A
G
O
N

Attached: 2010-dodge-ram-power-wagon.jpg (3888x2592, 1.66M)

Heyyyyy Ronny Dahl here with 4wheelinginwesternaustralia.com

Attached: 1518625140655.jpg (1500x1000, 353K)

beaners don’t like lowered vehicles?

Can someone explain this post to me

Attached: D429CF11-AAD7-4684-9401-3BDEA0A7EC3E.png (400x352, 167K)

Veeky Forums is not a hivemind you redditfag

damn I gotta get a sweet camper tent jigger like that and take the mtb out for a trip

Tacoma are too big anymore.

>Veeky Forums is not a hivemind

Mention Tesla and watch everyone lose their mind.

Does o hate it or love it??
I personally think it's junk for the pricetag

>Most of you don't understand the concept of "adventure vehicle." Something that's efficient yet can only handle bitumen and a large weekly grocery shop. Like a RAV4 or Subaru. Even a lot of the cuck crossovers are better options than your dirt haulers for a day in the city.
ftfy my man. Best option would be a medium diesel SUV which has a range that hoses a Corolla or Impreza on stilts.

Surplus HMMWV

how do the rednecks around town afford things like the power wagon? I see them working at Walmart when I go in then hopping into those expensive bad bois

It's America's greatest secret. Easy finance for depreciating assets.

RAV4!?!? Ha ha!

prezo posted something and soviet got triggered

Because the starting salary for a wally world manager is 50k a year which is Kings money in the midwest.

Source
>Auto care center manager

>BasedBurgerMobile
>Chadtruck with disblacement Fugggg :DDDDDD

also weighs a fuck ton

this isn't an insult or anything, it's your money, use it how you want.
but uh, i'm trying to understand why people buy the TRD sport to then turn around and convert them into offroad rigs. it's a fairly common practice in this state and I cant figure out why. the trd offroads are practically the same price, and they come with a better suspension package, basic undercarriage armor, and a rear locker.

is there some strategy here that I don't understand? do people just like the hood scoop?

fiat panda with a Jeep badge

Thought a TRD sport can be had at like 33k, and TRD pros in the 40s?

Payment difference is possibly significant for some people. Lump sums dumped into choice components of larger than 31in tires, etc, as needed. VS a high minimum that shows up every month.

the offroad and the pro are different trims, and the offroad starts at pretty much the same price.

the pro is just an offroad with fox suspension and some style changes. waste of money imo

That's a yukon

Only acceptable answer

Attached: Adventure Wagon.jpg (1569x850, 162K)

If your idea of a cross country adventure is the potholed driveway you posted.

and maybe a solid axle?

Independent rear suspension

LMAO

Attached: DSC_0803.jpg (958x639, 248K)

>ahahahh le old frame rust maymay

yeah and a yota's engine will outlive your shitty 5.0.

Regarding what I can get in the US; probably the Lexus GX or the Infiniti Q56/Nissan Armada. Japs build the best off roaders.

Still, I'm quite tempted to get a new Ranger and out fit it like pic related even though it's stupid as fuck because I'm trash.

Attached: autobotautoworks_ranger.png (526x327, 379K)

>GM transmissions
>industructible

Attached: IMAG1143.jpg (384x640, 101K)

I wish they sold these in the US. Would it really be that hard for Toyota to outfit these with side airbags and reinforce the doors with an extra 2 foot piece of steel to sell them here?

It'd be the only legit Wrangler rival.

Attached: whiter than you martinez.png (420x505, 159K)

They do have side airbag these days. Given they cop a 5 star ANCAP (Australasian) safety rating, I can comfortably say its safety is not what's keeping it away from the US domestic market. Like most developed countries, there's a strict compliance assessment for each model of vehicle which is expensive, and not worthwhile for a vehicle that's not expected to sell well.

Full size trucks dont fare well on the mountain trails on this state. Overgrown shrubs make short work of the clearcoat on wider vehicles, and tight courses make for lots of 8 point turns. Stick to old beater vehicles if you want a full size off roader.

My taco pulls my 26ft travel trailer and my little boat just fine. And to get a similarly optioned ferd i'd have to spend 20k more. Nothing agaisnt full size, but i dont need one

GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain X, its a boomer cruiser with a factory brodozer kit.

Attached: gmc-life-sierra-1500-all-terrain-mh-lg.jpg (1268x423, 269K)

Toyota Tundra

Bought a taco after my FJ was totaled. I wish I just bought another FJ. Go for it if you dont need a lot of rear room.

Attached: IMAG0541.jpg (2688x1520, 1.33M)