7:16

7:16

This $70,000 Camaro brings supercars to shame. Let's look at cars who are slower:

-911 GT2 (200 grand)
-GTR base (120 grand)
-Ferrari 488 GTB (250 grand)

LOL are they even trying?

Attached: 620_591d5fcdc5cfc.jpg (620x440, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/sheetmetal/14090/chevy-camaro-zl1-1le-wont-be-sold-in-europe-because-the-aerodynamics-are-too-dangerous
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And what cars are better built and use better materials? A car is more than the sum of it's parts

Still just a Camaro. Big whoop. What do you drive, user?

t. assmad nissancucks

sperg more

The fact that its just a camaro blows the MUH heritage argument out of the fucking water

>not street legal
thedrive.com/sheetmetal/14090/chevy-camaro-zl1-1le-wont-be-sold-in-europe-because-the-aerodynamics-are-too-dangerous

Attached: witcher-3-geralt.png (600x338, 379K)

>assuming I like the GTR
you're cute.

>Which car is made of better parts?
>A car is worth more than the sum of its parts.
Didn't think that one through did ya

>aerodynamics are too culturally insensitive because they're too masculine

haha get fucked europe

I say anything about heritage? I'm more curious as to why a lap time around 1 track in the world is so important over so many other factors as to why we love cars. Lap times, mind you, that are not regulated. The Nurburgring is such a dumb thing to keep track of, yet paper racers and fanboys love to quote them.

No one wants to pay 70k for that ugly shit heap.

Considering you can have a Corvette for the same price, and that's just staying inside the GM brand. I mean it's neat a Camaro can do that, but the Z28 didn't exactly move a lot of units either. And what kills it the most is you can buy a SS and just bolt on a supercharger yourself and get the same results. This is the biggest problem with GM's stuff these days. Same damn V8 in just about everything. I think it turns away buyers in that price range.

Well, its a versatile 15 mile track. This one just happened to be used as a benchmark that all manufacturers decided to use. You can only blame european car manufacturers for its popularity. Now american cars with truck engines are btfo the euro cuck cars that decided to keep usining it as a pissing contest.

>-911 GT2 (200 grand)
The one for "200 grand" did the 6:47, but try agian.

It's great for testing. For sure. But the level it has reached in terms of being some kind of be-all-end-all for car performance can get aggravating. Especially by fanboys who seem to be oblivious to concepts like track tuning and how every course will require its own set up. Like all the cars OP listed, those are fine machines. Craftsmanship. Precision. I love the Camaro too for being a bargain brawler and having the American V8 charm that is endangered. But to boil them all down to a lap time is just so juvenile.

You need suspension work too on your ss. They are not the same out of the box minus a super charger. There also differences between the lt1 in the and the lt4 buy the time you spend 45k on a camaro buy a super charger, do the spension work add bigger brakes bigger tires and do the engine work needed to support 650+ horsepower im not sure youd be saving much.

It's not about saving much. Just the point that you could probably buy all the stuff in the aftermarket and make your own version. The fact that the factory essentially did what hobbyists do. As opposed to, say, the Mustang GT350 that has a unique, engineered engine that separates it from the GT/Coyote.

>Corvette Z06 is an LT supercharged
>Camaro ZL1 is a LT supercharged
>Corvette ZR1 is an LT with another supercharger

These things are so boring and just half assed to me.

Right, but I think the point of the burgerking is that in those 15 miles you would actually be dealing with real world type environments as opposed to the sterile racing environment of something like Tsukuba, VIR is also a good course for testing

You can honestly blame chevys naming schema too. Im a gm fan girl and if there was something negative to say then you said one of the things i agree with.

Attached: 20170918_083147.jpg (4032x3024, 3.7M)

amen.. user for prezidentè

This is a C4 ZR1. To me it stands as one of the best Corvettes ever made. Sure the C4 was a problematic platform, however:

>Engine designed by Lotus
>built by Mercury Marine
>DOHC 32v

Rated at 385HP but dynos suggested it was more like 420 at the flywheel. For 65k at the time (109k with inflation) the car out accelerated some of the top models of the time. But what makes it unique is how they went about bringing the LT5 into existence. To me, right now, GM is that guy at the gym who just wants to out bench press everyone. He doesn't care about how much of a meathead he looks like.

Attached: zr1.jpg (640x480, 57K)

>aerodynamics are too dangerous

the absolute state of eurocucks

I feel like dodge holds the meat head catagory now

I have to agree with that. The Hellcat and Demon are pretty obnoxious in that arena, but at the same time I appreciate what Dodge set out to do with them. That is recapture an energy and enthusiasm we haven't seen since the beginning of the 1970s.

yeah, this heap of garbage doesnt even tickle my taint

1.8 diesel posters not allowed

>europe

Attached: 1515399961881.jpg (716x724, 52K)

Muslimvanofpeace.jpg

>dude look at this laptime from a car I'm never gonna drive let alone done on a track I'll never drive on
>this laptime is so important all other cars are shit because this arbitrary time matters

>"Man all these different cars have such different specs but we can't compare them due to so many non-numerical differences"
>"If only there was a way to compare the performances of these vastly different vehicles in a fair way"

Attached: 1516311976041.jpg (1024x518, 53K)

Laptimes are pretty pointless. Even ignoring them you're still getting 650hp in a somewhat sporty chassis. Good luck finding more bang for your buck, brand new.

>-911 GT2 (200 grand)
What, you mean the one that's 10 years old at this point?
Get with the times, bud.

Attached: porsche-normal[1].jpg (1152x443, 84K)

not OP, but i drive a camaro.....

>I'm going to be hyper reductive and reduce a car's unique attributes to mere laptimes that don't matter
>this car got a better laptime n this particular track that means its better
>oh but if we shorten or lengthen the track depending on the track itself suddenly all the laptimes change and the previous car is slower

a fucking corvette

ZL1 1LE money gets you a base-ish Stingray and not 650hp.

The GT2 laps the ring in well under 7 minutes

>yurop

Attached: 1510604411152.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Not really, 71k and you get the 3LT with Z51 package

Well that's still only 450hp and a lot slower than the 1LE on the track and where it really matters... The highway to the country club.

>arbitrary time matters
I mean. I'm not saying that a car is shit just because it doesn't have the fastest laptime. You can't however call it arbitrary when it has a very real purpose.

Not really, theres so many variables at play and with all of them running you try and reduce it to a single number on a time is purposely disingenuous. I bet the camaro gets its laptime from the straightaways especially at the very end. I bet if there was a more technical track with less straight aways you'll see it lose dramatically to other cars that are lighter or have better balance. This is why spec sheets and laptimes don't fucking matter they don't tell you anything about the car except in this really really specific scenario. It doesn't tell you anything about the car, how it rides, how it feels or what it has to offer.

Thats when people like this guy here suggests that all of these unique features about each and every car are somehow too complicated, overbearing or obfuscating that its somehow good to reduce it to a race car track you've never been to, will never drive on let alone actually driving the car in question.

In a real world scenario the nuburgerking doesnt get any more vanilla. The only thing that track proves is the car is capable if doing those things. Which arent much different from your european/american mountain roads and straightaways.If car companies were boasting more techical track times then i'd agree with you.
Spec sheets apply to everything and if youre saying that they dont tell you anything about the car then you arent allowed to apply it to anything. So take your advice and never buy a computer/tv/stove/phone/vibrator etc. And compare how they perform versus others.

yeah, but park that next to a same year and similar priced dodge viper

What the fuck Europe.