Classic WoW General /cwg/

Duskwood Edition

https clips twitch tv SingleOddDiscBleedPurple

Is it the original code?
>We've got an old build that's up and running that we're using for reference. Most of this job is going to be infrastructure: making sure everything can work on a more modern setup.

Why run it on a modern setup?
>Classic WoW has all kinds of bugs and problems, it has all kinds of exploits and hacks that everyone knows about. We think we have a way to have the old WoW version work on the modern infrastructure and feel really good. The infrastructure is how we spin up instances and continents, how the database works.

Is this being done by the retail WoW team?
>We’re going to hire people specifically for this job, and we’re going to staff it with people who are interested in bringing back Classic WoW in the best, most authentic way.

When is the release date?
>We actually don't know when we're going to release it. I know that's a generic answer that we give for all of our Blizzard titles, but with this one, we don't actually know how long it will take. This is a massive effort.

>Sources:
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions
pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/

>Vanilla Resources:
db.vanillagaming.org/
vanilla-wow.wikia.com/
realmplayers.com/
vanillaradar.com/

>Guides:
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=668429222

>Private Server if you can't wait (also see /lhg/):
lightshope.org/

>Addons:
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/WARsMN
vid.me/xblAU
reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/7fckzt/everyst_launch_trailer/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rppvp

SECOND FOR EVERYST

discord.gg/WARsMN

Epic Everyst trailer coming soon!

Paladin taunt soon bros

BEST WEAPON EDITION

wreathe said he won't touch class or spec balance because it's "sacred"

rip paladin taunt dreams

Giving pallies a taunt just ignores a million other issues that keep paladins from becoming viable tanks.

vid.me/xblAU
vid.me/xblAU
vid.me/xblAU

reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/7fckzt/everyst_launch_trailer/

GO GO GO SHOW THE REDDITORS WHATS GOOD FOR THEM EVEN THO THEY HATE EVERYTHING 1x PVP VANILLA A

What a faggot. The jews must've gotten to him.

Gee, that really was soon!

Someone post that screen of wreath calling commies jew slaves in that thread. Reddit will love that.

FAKE NEWS

You can ask wreathe himself in the discord: discord.gg/WARsMN

you all are worthless faggots
don't roll same faction as me

I was the guy who asked him the question. He can't back out now.

But i don't know what faction you're rolling

EVERYST WON
AHAHAHAHAHA

THESE MOTHERFUCKERS ARE GONNA PULL IT OFF

Will classic have cross realm mail

did you not even look at the OP? I put in a twitch clip that would answer that.

feelin comfy lads.
where my everyst bros at?

Why do people play gnomes?

pedos...

i feel so good having shilled this server

FUC KYES

SO
FUCKING
READY

im rolling a TROLL im going fucking horde for first time in my life

druid
+fast traveling as early as 22 (feline swiftness talent)
+can perform any leveling group role with just a switch of gear
+ability to solo nearly any elite found outdoors
-overall mediocre at max level, especially non-healing
-worst zg, t2, t2.5 healer by-the-numbers
-shifting forms is inconvenient
-lack of true resurrect problematic for 5-mans

okay sweetie :3 priest i assume? :3

>tiny, so it feels like you move really quick
>tiny, so you don't get noticed as quickly
>great caster racials for pve + pvp
>the best laughs for taunting people
>males have shit eating grins, which are almost as good as the dwarf rape face
>alliance, so you can enjoy kings buffs
>a lot of horde are tryhard fags (especially UD rogues), and they shit blood whenever they get dominated by squeaky midgets with pink hair

hunter

+ranged physical dps
+most CCs after rogues
+extremely efficient leveler with no downtime between mobs
+substantial burst damage, good in pvp
-squishy due to lack of heals or escapes
-worst of all pure dps classes by significant margin
-class-specific utility; not damage
-most popular class with inherently low demand incurs extreme competition in raid slots

mage

+least gear dependant of all classes, could level naked without significant loss of effectiveness
+excellent cc
+best in class aoe
+very valuable support utility
-very valuable support utility
-conjuring supplies is extremely inconvenient
-high competitiveness
-extremely lackluster gameplay in raiding environment

priest

+most versatile healer
+most consistent healing throughput, best t3 healer
+mediocre leveling speed due to low damage output, but extraordinarily high efficiency with very little downtime
+highest demand class with lowest availability; virtually guaranteed raidspots with minimal time investment
+excellent pvp utility and surprising damage capability in aq and especially naxx
-you will never dps unless you are in gear 3 tiers ahead
-very poor performance in t1
-shoehorned into dwarf race if alliance, undead if horde

I just wish they were more relevant. As a gnome player from day one all the Mechagnome stuff back in Wrath was awesome.

female dwarf paladin, go.

>-most popular class with inherently low demand incurs extreme competition in raid slots

warriors, rogues, and mages are all more popular than hunters. in vanilla

Healsluts OUT
Healchads IN
We are male orc shamans and male dwarf paladins looking to fuck dpsluts and tanktrannies.

>hunter
>ranged physical no dps
> +most CCs after rogues
can't cc a single target properly
>extremely efficient leveler with no downtime between mobs
wow that will be so good at 60
>substantial burst damage, good in pvp
dies to literally anything if he got jumped on
>squishy due to lack of heals or escapes
>the only physical class that actually has working escapes
hmm
> -worst of all pure dps classes by significant margin
> -class-specific utility; not damage
already covered
> most popular class with inherently low demand incurs extreme competition in raid slots
thats warrior
legionbabs everybody

Warrior, rogue, or mage?

paladin

+strongest overall healer by sheer healing throughput via extreme mana efficiency and cast speed
+strongest, most versatile series of buffs in-game
+your first mount and training is virtually free, epic mount and training has substantially reduced price at cost of time expenditure through quest chain
-very arduous, mindnumbingly slow leveling process
-dps of priest with durability of rogue
-buffing raids will come at great personal cost, with some raids incurring up to 20g or more in reagent costs before plate repair costs
-you are very much lackluster at virtually anything except healing, even in PvP

rogue

+highest dps arguably tied with warrior, but with less threat
+fastest leveler on PvP servers due to ability to pick whether to fight or not (stealth)
-highly gear-dependant, mediocre leveller otherwise
-high downtime
-inherently disliked by all players, especially opposing faction and other rogues
-very high demand, very high supply

shaman

+best aoe healer
+low raidslot competition
+phenomenal ranged or melee burst
-lackluster sustained dps
-slow early game leveler
-totem buff mechanic powerful, but extremely limited
-shaman class oversaturation within raids causes immense gear competition

uh give me a release date the hype is dead already comon

>healchad

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

december 1

vid.me/xblAU

everyst

know what's good for you or get out of the fucking kitchen

>paladin levelling slow
>lackluster in pvp

bruh

warrior

+only true tank in-game
+highest burst in-game
+arguably highest sustained melee dps, tied with rogues at cost of threat
+only class capable of adequately performing more than one role
-overreliant on healers
-high competition regardless of role
-expensive to gear
-very, very slow levellers unless extremely well-equipped
-very high downtime
-the only class that can really tank

warlock
+10k shadowbolt crits
+highest sustained ranged dps
+easy, medium-speed levellers
-massive threat
-must farm soulshards constantly
-medium competition

you didn't play vanilla.

/moUntaineers were rIGHT/

hahahhaha nightkeks on suicide watch, daddy wreathe wins

>what is nostalrius

stock mangos shit server lmao

tell me how inaccurate nostalrius, mechanically and numerically, was to actual 2006 wow as a percentage, ill wait

> paladin
>durability of a rogue?

in literally every single way

Also
>20g
Try like 5 or 6 max. Unless you're wiping dozens of times.

>tfw never gonna have to see a shadow priests in Vanilla
Thank god.

Priests are healing sluts and dumb bimbos. That's it. Stop trying to do dps. Thank goodness Vanilla will put you in your shit fucking places.

You forgot that rogues have two bonus professions that they basically have to level up.

spreist melts faces in pvp

>Without Salvation, Horde non-tanks generate 60% More threat
Someone will defend this

allow me to introduce you to our lord and savior

Horde got every single raid last boss world first, so I guess it's not as much of an advantage as you seem to think.

*except BWL

>KT
eat shit, retard

>c'thun

hordeclowns BTFO

Making a Night Elf Druid. Two questions:

1. How competitive is feral DPS in 5-mans from levels 1-59? I know it's shit at 60.
2. Planning on rolling male since male Druids are canon, but I hate how they look and their animations. Am I going to regret not just rolling female?

What if hunters arbitrarily had a 60 yard range?

Nobody knew what they were doing. Min/max now ally wins by a tremendous margin.

people treat you nicer if youre a girl maybe theyll be your friend its nice to have friends

5 mans are not competitive really. Everyone is in shit gear and as long as you know the dungeon mechanics and have been kind of paying slight attention to how your class works as you've been leveling, you won't have a problem.
Also go whatever you want, you will be playing your char for hundreds of hours, you better fucking love it or you're going to have some real bad buyer's remorse

then atleast they'd be gods in pvp
hunter is tied with druid for the worst class in vanilla, they're each defined by their one good spell and have the worst output in their designated role

Males have better casting animations, this is true for nearly all races. Why dps and not tank.

Both Nihilum. Horde.

trannys BTFO!!

As a percentage, I'd give Nostalrius a 65%. And that's generous.
Class abilities / mechanics are the heart of an MMORPG, and Nostalrius launched with the following as bugged (and mostly never fixed)...
stealth mechanics (no 4 step check like retail), windfury totem, windfury weapon, grace of air totem, sentry totem, warrior and bear rage formulas for incoming damage, threat from warrior Battle Shout, druid faerie fire stacking, druid roots for multiple targets, druid thorn buff causing eternal taunt and kiting, troll priest shadowguard processing any effects correctly, forsaken touch of weakness processing effects correctly, rogue slice and dice haste % correctly stacking with bladefury / troll berserking...

(takes deep breath)

human perception racial for stealth detection was fucked, warrior charge did send people under the earth repeatedly in caverns, ditto for mage blink, hunter pet pathing was complete ass, hunter's mark on a target displayed on friendly and enemy minimap radar (completely bugged and fucking them for pvp warning of enemies), and too many paladin spell bugs involving formulas and spellpower interaction to list, but consecreation is the big one at the top of the list.

Also. Server launched with eternally spawning triggered quest mobs, free respawning of instances with the reset bug, completely bugged pickpocket junkboxes from endgame instances, and a horribly bugged player movement anticipation calculations where everyone with a ping of 180+ moved with that jerky pause-lurch motion.

True Blizzard Vanilla is a piece of art. Nostalrius was a 1st year liberal art student's sketch of a bowl of fruit.

>60% more
How?

not vanilla, obviously.

banila

Forgot, Alliance got Onyxia first too. My bad. Still, Horde got most of them.

Feral DPS in equal gear, level, and skill vs a rogue is substantially lower. Pretend you are 2 levels lower than the rogue and that's about where you are. At 42 when a rogue has fleshed out talent choices taken plus the SM blue sword and the RFD blue sword both from quests, the character skyrockets ahead of feral druids and doesn't look back.

Roll female if you aren't okay with the male elf cast animations. It will bug the shit out of you later.

9/10 top classic guilds will be alliance, people know how to play the game now

so this is the banilla aesthetic

Stop this meme. Holy shit.

make one change to hunters to give them competitive dps

its not a meme, its just how people play games now
look at retail, the differences between the factions is waaay smaller than it was in vanilla yet there's only 1 alliance guild in the top 10
blessings are just op, not to mention sword expertise being the strongest for melee post bwl and fear ward making the tanks' job even easier

>glorious gem eyes for seeing all the potential epic loot
>constantly angry raised eyebrows to alert and divert women away
>Perfectly shaped hook nose for sniffing out treasure
>short rat teeth for
>neckbeard for warmth, no need to waste money on scarfs
>perfectly oblong head for maximum wind resistance
>he has raped and will again

serpent sting does more damage with each tick (only on npcs)

1 agi = 4 rap
but then alliance just gets even better

>letting a hunter use a debuff slot
XD

People played games the same way back then. Do you honestly think min/maxing is new or what?

Go read up on all the goofy one-off joke items min/maxers found that ended up becoming mandatory parts of raid encounters. They were just as serious then as raiders are now.

E-EVERYST B-BULLS CAN'T GET A-AWAY WITH THISSSSSSSS

talent -20%, salv 30% = 50% Alliance
-20%, = 80% Horde

80/50 = 1.6

>They were just as serious then as raiders are now.
no, not even close
the average shitter heroic raider has more game knowledge than server first players did back then

t. someone who wasn't in a server first guild

good night /mountaineers/

each and everyone of you is a cute

E V E R Y S T < 3

>Night elf priests in raid, healers wearing tier gear over dungeon blues, every warrior/rogue isn't a human
Nah they didn't, they didn't even come close. Farming consumes is part of maximizing your damage, but it's not even close to all of it. People were fucking stupid back then, we all were. You can literally look at screen shots of nihilium or death and taxes and see they could have done much much more.

I was in a server first guild in tbc where the average raider was already more knowledgeable and the individual player in a raid had to be better to down the content

>me play nost me beddur den kungen

>Tfw all the other people leveling on the Beta Everyst server are Horde.

Hey yeah, they could've just spent a day or two leveling a more useful class up to 60 and then gearing them up with badges and world quests, just like the hardcore raiders do now, right?

it's crossfaction, dum dum

p-please dont fail me, I want to roll a chad male dwarf paladin

Vanilla takes longer than retail to leve-

Being knowledgeable and good != artist with ADHD who need every last 0.1% of effectiveness on behalf of enjoyment