Dota 2 general /d2g/

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
Minor patch: dota2.com/news/updates/ (7.07c)
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
New players (League refugee edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator:dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page
Hero Stats, DPS Calculator & Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/vg/32662975
youtube.com/watch?v=lHXAqrnyr4s
youtube.com/watch?v=l7gl9_I4nRk
youtube.com/watch?v=9_5DvA7JKu8
wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Skillshot
dotabuff.com/learn/lol
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its good for the sustain but then again the bottle morph abuse got popular and i dont even know whats the more efficient build anymore
i have opted to get bottle + lance for the stats that linken gives, i dont know which is which or better

side question: is it better to go full agi hehe
or stay at 1.5k hp late game

nth for Mireska

New meta sucks, AM and Medusa both come online too fast

Why is it so fun to skitter skitter

i always ban pl, but since last few games where enemy won ONLY because of that imbalanced snakehead shit i think ill start to ban medusa
hope all medusa spammers burn in hell forever, somewhere near tinker spammers

Just pick AM

>quit league because of the shit that is top lane and balance team
>check out dota
>have a lot of fun
>play some axe and eventually do well
>try out bane and have a blast fucking storm spirit with fiend's grip
god bless
i need to know when to use E and stuff, but I'm mad excited about continuing on desu

>hating tinker
>when its fucking impossible to win as him since 1 mistake its gg
yes its hard to be archon player, try ancient 5 when he actually wins(he does not)

lolbabs go home desu

>Enjoying Dota
Whoa there buddy, this is not the right place for you.

LoL is the harder game mechanically so you should just main Invoker and trash retards to Divine 5

>having fun

i hate that farm-50-minutes-then-a-click-enemy playstyle, besides i'm offlaning now, need some rest for my nerves (sounds odd but it really helps)
>its fucking impossible to spam machines when they try to push your hg
>its fucking impossible to spam rockets from a 10 screens away distance
>its fucking impossible to permablind enemy on mid since lvl1
>its fucking impossible to permahex
now who's an archon here?
and i didn't say that tinker is freewin, it's just he's so fucking annoying and antifun to play against (and with)

>lose 3 games in a row
>develop acne

DOTARDS?

LoL is not harder mechanically

>we are not having fun with dota so you shouldnt too!

Reminder fun is a memeword that's only intended to stir the shitposting pot that is /d2g/

there are like 3 skillshots in all of Dota

SS
Hook
Arrow

>play offlane tide
>its agaisnt am
good fuck i hate chasing that rat around the map

>picking tide in 707
why

>not picking tide in 707
why?

>LoL is the harder game mechanically

As someone who has had over 3K games in LoL I have to disagree in a sense.

LoL is generally much more fast paced considering the fast skill shots, no turn rates, and non-existent cast times....But the game keeps it's mechanics to an absolute minimum by effectively removing mechanics such as silences and constantly recycling mechanics and ideas into other champions to reduce diversity. This makes the game very predictable and easier to maneuver, the only real limiting factor is your reaction time.

This is very unlike dota, where there is a never ending list of unique abilities and interactions that require an intimate knowledge of the game, making split-second decisions a predictions is much more mentally taxing.

How do i revert back to normal games? turbo mode just seems more fun overall.

what if blink dagger cost mana

That's factually wrong and skillshots in LoL are less meaningful anyways.

here's a Dota thread from 2013

yuki.la/vg/32662975

cause he's literally one button (not even spell immune piercing) hero and there are so many better offlane heroes?

realize turbo erodes your actual skill

Mana draining heroes buffed, also heroes like Centaur/Slardar nerfed because they have low mana pool and few mana skills.

>someone mentions tank
>someone calls it out as bait

based dotard from the past

can someone teach me how to armlet toggle properly?

teach me how to become a dotard first
then well start

how do i play offlane LD?

>DEAD GAME
>esports drama
>blogposts everywhere
>waifu posters
Literally no difference than today.

Just drag the creeps all day long.

A ti sloochaem ne to chmo...

Portal hero when?
>Eliotrope
>Q - Target unit that hits for below-average damage

>W - Instant blink with fair CD

>E - Attack modifier that converts damage to % magic

>R - Place portals like Brood webs, can cast abilities and items through portals to extend cast range to near global potential. Can attack only with attack modifier and buffs Q when it uses more than one Portal.

Or make Portal an innate ability and give him 5 abilities (including Portal)

always have it on till you have 1 HP

then turn it off and bait retards into attac king you, turn on your armlet in the last second and kill your enemy

why don't you stop stealing heroes from Wakfu and try to think up something of your own?

I have.

ammer
STR Hero

Q - Terrain (Raise)
>In a 400 AoE the terrain elevation is raised by 1 level, knocks up and stuns enemies for 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8 seconds and deals 125 magical damage.
>Destroys trees and connects with terrain of similar elevation if applicable. This terrain change is permanent but will always have stairs.
W - Terrain (Lower)
>In a 400 AoE the terrain elevation is lowered by 1 level, deals 75/150/225/300 magical damage and slows for 2 seconds for 10/20/30/40%
>Destroys trees and connects with terrain of similar elevation if applicable. This terrain change is permanent but will always have stairs.

E - Land Master
>Hammer gains stats depending on level of terrain he sits on, effects persists for 2 seconds after changing terrains in addition to gaining the respective terrains buff
>River - 5/10/15/20 % Increased movement speed
>Level 1 - 10/15/30/45 Increased base damage
>Level 2 - 400/800/1200/1600 Increased vision
>Level 3 - 6/8/10/12 Increased armor

D - Construct
>Hammer channels for up to 3/6/9/12 seconds and creates a simple controllable entity to do his bidding.
>every second of channeling creates a Construct
>Constructs gain half of the benefits of Land Master
>Constructs have innate mini-bash of 15% chance to stun for 0.01 seconds and deal 25 bonus pure damage.

F - Reset
>After channeling for 2 seconds all terrain modifications by Hammer are reverted.
>Any enemy units caught in affected terrain are mini-stunned for 0.5 seconds.

R - Terraform
>Hammer channels for 2 seconds and afterwards levels the area in around him in a 800/1600/2400 AoE, removing all trees and obstruction excluding base walls and fountain elevation. All effects of Land Master are applied onto Hammer on this new terrain. Slows enemies for 50% for 4/6/8 seconds.

is she /ourgirl/?

I helped make Pangolier :3

In case you guys haven't seen this yet, Swindlez analysing Secret vs Liquid Bo3 drafts and a game:
game1: youtube.com/watch?v=lHXAqrnyr4s
games 2/3 drafts: youtube.com/watch?v=l7gl9_I4nRk

>Swindlez analysing

What's the Dota 2 equivalent of this?

youtube.com/watch?v=9_5DvA7JKu8

so how do I convince my lolbab friends that dota is so much fun then? They're like high gold/ challenger tier so what do I bait them with?

>tfw lose because of my mistake
>my team blames the carry for some reason
kinda shit feeling, i wish they flamed me instead

get them to play bots or something ?

just say not even the best of the best in League can reach 4k in dota

>3 skillshots in all of Dota
>3 skillshots
nibba, you a dumbass
wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Skillshot

>1.8 million viewers
DOTA IS A DEAD GA-

bots are retarded, not helpful
one called me a dumbass for playing a such a shit game, and the other came back with "muh LCS"

Issue is that the only person that is even remotely interested is scared off by the imba like abilities. Specifically Silencer's passive and ult as well as Shadow Shaman, Lion and other walking permastuns

>you cant target the spell so its a skill shot
yep its sick when someone hits that sick Gust or Breathe Fire skill shot

Shackle, Iceblast, Boulder Smash, Sunstrike, Hook and Arrow are the only spells that can be considered skill shots in dota

just get him to play a walking perma stun

play custom dota then, like ridiculous imba or 10v10 or overthrow to ease them in

tell them to try it out, and check the whole variation of items there is
also how indepth it is if they are up to watching videos of day9 learning the game with purge
the game is difficult as fuck at first but eventually you start grasping each thing and you get more used to the basics that are outside the hero

tell them to check dotabuff.com/learn/lol for heroes

Show them the game through the features, you could practically start a game with them, click item shop and check out the in-game guides/builds so they don't even have to think and they'll think "holy shit LoL doesn't have this"

or even tell them to click on another unit and realize they can see their abilities unlike LoL

Or you can just pick Meepo and show how fucking powerful he is or PL.

>tfw STILL keep thinking that omni's ultimate gives health regen

thankfully, unlike league of lolbabbies, dota 2 has an item called
>black king bar
which prevents stuns
>my friends were total lolbabbies
>I tried to play league once and couldn't figure out how to turn off the screenlock and uninstalled cause "muh wc3"
>get into dota 2 beta
>2500 hours later
>"hey guys come play this"
>"no"
>play league for real
>dumpster kids as veigar
>dumpster kids as ashe mid, which I'm pretty sure was a support, but I just played her like mirana mixed with drow ranger
loved every laugh, lolbabbies literally self destruct when you pull some goofy shit like that

I can only hope they'll be open to trying an "overcomplicated' game

it gives regen if you buy spirit vessel :^)

If you don't get the first blood or die trying, you're not worthy of being in the gulag.

yes, then you get report nuked and locked out of lol for months at a time

I fucking hate Riot for what they did to the assfaggots genera

but what if I hold the fucker still for my carry to get first blood?

Fuck they don't even have to play Dota, click WATCH, go to any game, watch, and show them how good the Dota client can be. Player perspective alone is fucking godly.

>Omni's ult doesn't regen
>Lich ult doesn't ministun
>Sniper doesn't ministun
>Lycan's wolves don't have bash
>hex doesn't break passives
Who else has dota phantom pain here

>mfw 3 javelins on pango
>halve the enemy team's health with one q

>support screaming on the mic for me to chase offlane omni
>listen to him for some reason
>it takes forever to kill him
>miss at least 4 CS in the meantime
>didnt even get the kill
t-thanks for the gank

>Doom doesn't have lvl death

ICEFAGGOT GIMME MY LINKEN BREAKING ABILITY BAAAAAACK

I play offlane and get killed first instead because there's always an aggressive trilane or people trying to steal my rune. I hate this patch.

That's your fault faggot, carry is one of the easier roles but they have the most weight when it comes to judgement calls.

>drag creeps
>win
>???

Just pull the enemy creep wave into your tower, brainlets dont even know its a thing

I had two autistic friends who would argue with me for hours over
>it's too convoluted
>durr why is there turn speed
>why can trees be destroyed
>this is just bad wc3
>this just took all the bad parts of wc3
>shit graphics
>hard
>1/12/5
They actually like the game now but the average match is
>me struggling to carry 3 friends and some other dipshit
>"fuck this game"
I'm not good at dota 2, but I do have around 3500 hours now. My friends have hundreds of hours but they'll never get to my level at this point. This is the fate of the lolbab, literally missing out because they opted to play a game they unanimously despise nowadays. Especially funny because the average lol games would be me stomping while alt tabbing to figure out what to buy or us getting completely dumpstered by tryhards with mommy's credit card.

1. pick Underlord
2. stomp the offlane

>watch purge videos
are you trying to make them vomit?

I swear everyone below 5k doesn't know this trick exists.

>mommy's credit card
not so much anymore, you get runes >for free now, but the in game cash was changed to blue chards and is given on account level up rather than at the end of game, so now it's even more expensive and grindy to get new champs. Riot is fucking up bad, even my near zealous lo;bab friend is pissed about this new change he still hates dota more because it's too complex and takes more than 100 hours investment to learn. He spammed two heroes over 100 hours and apperently got shitstomped in every game

you can't do that lmfao. Idiot.

Where did it all go so wrong bros?

>He spammed two heroes over 100 hours and apperently got shitstomped in every game

>league always 100k viewers
>dota only gets 30k+ when theres a major going on
its not fair

Run with your teammates who are now furiously pinging you and lead them across the river in a glorious assault

They aren't watching LoL they are watchign the female streamer's tits. LoL is a more accessible game so it is much friendlier to the "personalities" that stream

oh my fucking christ I am so sick and goddamned tired of losing fucking ranked games because every single goddamn time I begin to get steam to win the game my idiotic team sabatoges me and throws till we lose.
I haven't been placed yet but I already know it's gonna be super low because of fucking retards ruining my chances.
Give me a pub stomp hero, now

while we're on the lol bashing topic
doesn't lol have something called skin shards now

Omniknight is easy wins, get midas and GPM talents FREE GOLD.

what people don't understand, and I'm talking even avid dotards with 1000 hours plus, is that you are supposed to draft accordingly
it's as simple as
>they bring a knife, you bring a gun
>they pick a storm, you pick a silencer
>they counter silencer with pa? you grab an omniknight
however here is your average draft
>me mid
>shadow fiend
>i called first
>ta
>two mid gg
>storm spirit
>need support
>clinkz
>courier pls
>tangos
etc
and these fucking people have the GALL to get mad

it's pretty simple stay with team. they can't throw if you save them every time. u mad.

>not posting classics

yeah git gud faggot

They keep running off on their own, the team doesn't stick together ever

Huh. Riot doesn't release its numbers but usually when that happens it's a sign of SELL SELL SELL to cash in as fast as possible due to a slump

Aye. I watch huomao and there's an entire section of just girls talking into their webcams
Not playing games, just talking, and they get donations every 30 seconds it's insane

I'm still pretty new into Dota but he seems pretty good at teaching. Who do you prefer or recommend though, user? I'm always up to learn from people that know about the game very well.

excuses

>pick KOTL
>force team to come to you

dotards?

Literally nobody streaming and no esports

>pick wisp
>force the team to listen to your words of wisdom by fountain diving them any time they disobey your will, effectively negatively reinforcing them to bend to your grand stratagem

genuine questions typically get answered here

ourguy waga is on

At the MMR where people are running around randomly separate from each other at 45 minutes, there are always 2 or 3 sticking together. Go with those. There is only so much farm on the map and it dies quickly, leading to groups of teammates running around lanes together trying to get farm.