freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

First for flipped assets.

Please be nicer to one another this time around guys. :)

Unity

tried to improve on it but I`m stuck now. how the fuck do I push it to a professional level?

also, how do you evaluate your own work properly? I have trouble at seeing what looks bad after a few hours into doing art.

hope u guys like resident evil

Who is this lewd little semen fairy supposed to appeal to?

neck yourself nigger

gamedev podcasts GO:

Let's all pull out our best Boku bully material.

>tfw you actually have to make a game now

>professional level
everything looks completely different with good lighting. otherwise you're making a game for children, they never seem to put lighting engines in children's cartoons (lol).

Should I abandon my mobileshit and make a transport sim instead?

still kinda scary i'm sorry to say
i'd go back and take a look at final fantasy so you can get a feel for it
didnt you do a kinda cute witch or princess or something on your tumblr a while back?

make the bitch glow

dude abandon everything and go learn how to do ui design. i'm saying this to try to help you. everything that happens in your game shouldn't block everything else from view while its happening.

Remove toes
Flare hips, thicken upper thighs
Simplify eyes, redo head shape
Simplify a lot, actually
Do feet as lil hoof shapes like in the 3D DS Final Fantasies, Bravely Default, and Fire Emblem.

Any recommended reading?

Really? God damn it. I just can't do not-creepy faces.

>didnt you do a kinda cute witch or princess or something on your tumblr a while back?
You mean this hideous thing??

just raise your camera a few units, it looks good user don't listen to that retard

You can, but you're thinking about it wrong

You're trying to do Bravely Default models with FF8 faces. It looks like a WoW Gnome.

that's about as cute as I'd expect from someone who lives in one of those insanely depressed European countries

As someone who checks your Tumblr regularly, I must say this girl looks like a creepy robot doll.
The problem is that your favorite artstyle doesn't match the FF theme.

It's neither bad or ugly, you just have to leave your comfort zone.

if you consistanly make creepy faces, embrace it as your style.
I don't think they look creepy at all though, look fine.
Will say with the child, the face just looks too old for what looks like a 8-9 year old.

>his game has no african-american characters

Racists.

mine will, but just in their natural habitat. the ghetto.

Why would my game have characters other than anglo saxons? I fucking hate non anglos.

>his game has humans
What's it like being creatively bankrupt?

I have african slaves making my game out on the gamefields

Actually my races are proc-gen. Just like my screenshake 8)

still programming the menu interface for the example snake game for my rendering engine

any ideas on how can I make a snake game funner / more interesting?

This is not my "comfort zone", user... I never do faces, normally.
I hope you all get nightmares from this :(

Basic functionality of the reworked collision checks for the player's jabs are now in. The enemy doesn't react in pain because the new version of his object lacks pain states, but his HP drops appropriately and the camera reacts when he's struck, indicating that all other parts of the relevant script are functioning.

A part of doing this also involved me dramatically simplifying and relocating the damage calculations for player jabs. Now they run off the player instead of hurtbox entities.This ensures that the player's jab damage will be consistent across the entire game outside of special cases.

Having reached this point is a double-edged sword. I now have laid the groundwork in place to fully port over all existing enemy behavior and player attacks to the new method of checking collision... But in the process of doing so I've broken compatibility with all existing collision checks in the game, meaning that the existing Paahul and Tonfa fights won't function until I port them over to the new method of checking collision.

If African-Americans want African-American characters then African-Americans can make their own African-American video games ;^)

>You mean this hideous thing??
holy shit i remembered it differently lmao

>having americans in your game period.

Jesus christ, you literally sound like Hitler right now

i find frame 5, 7, and 29 of this gif all acceptable
but like go ham and rip off final fantasy more if you want
what are the other art guys on your team even doing?

Maybe flatten the face down like a chibi and make her nose less detailed.

add gravity and a third dimension

i don't but for example in one of your battle animations in a previous thread, the attacks menu pops up on the screen, hiding the actual fight itself from view, and once you select an attack, you have an attack animation your character performs, BUT part of that attack animation is blocked from view by the attacks menu sliding down off the screen. you're constantly fighting menus in your gifs.

Thanks, noted.
Yeah, I guess I could just use symbol eyes smacked onto a blank surface.

>what are the other art guys on your team even doing?
No idea. One guy drew some concepts for character clothes, and then I heard some guys had a meeting without me discussing a completely new game idea. One programmer did some testing of rendering and ragdolls in UE.
The rest haven't made a sound since the meeting on Monday. I'm not sure they quite understand how little time we have.

Thanks for the suggestion, user. Looks a bit too furry to me, though.

I give up

I believe in you

I know your post is an attempt at comedy, but GTA 5, san andreas and even watch_dogs 2 are the GOAT.

>every game with african-american characters is about stealing cars and committing murder

Racists.

>how little time we have
What are you doing? Some sort of game jam or something?

How is it looking?

How do you guys deal with running into error after error, day after day? I feel like when I sit down to work, I'll get stumped, and 3 hours later end up realizing what my solution is, and half the time it's something stupid.

Looks genuinely like a PS1 game, how'd you geet the color dithering?

No, we have until May to complete a game, which will be what we're graded on this semester in this particular subject.

6AM here; need sleep now, senpaitachis. Good night!

those games were made by african americans? or are you saying its comedy because that would never happen?

you don't mind if i use the layout for a dungeon in my game right?

character proportions are doodoo but everything else is amaizng

get better so you don't constantly run into errors every single day

Stupid dogposter

no but don't make it mobile based
transfer it to pc
it looks neat
don't listen too much to
if you using programmer art then its fine love that fucking health and mana bar

like that kind of level design is hard enough to warrant plagiarism anyways

You don't have a game

fucking beautiful m8
keep up the good work

woah nice work my nigger

No, they're just good games that included black main characters. I just thought it was comedy because it sounded like he was trying to be funny. :/

Hmm, alright I'll revisit the selection menu. Figured it was important so it should take up a lot of real estate.

Oh shit. Good luck dude, hopefully your team gets their shit together.

The prospect itself is pretty funny, I agree.

this ability might be a bit too overpowered. idk.

too lazy to design a dungeon and wanted to nod agdg and you only if you're also a yesdev and will finish your game which i have high hopes because you already designing dungeons
actually i do
want to fully finish the player (attacks walking and ui etc) first before i start making all the other tiles i even already have a few enemies drawn up with attacks and hit recoils and all so after i finish the player i can start world building and dungeon building
already have walking and two different attacks finishing the 3rd and 4th now and hope to make the next demoday so..... where's your game fampai

I do

>Enemy List
>ID: 017
>Name: Black Man
>Type: Humanoid
>Description: A beast said to inhabit the southern jungles. Resembles a human but possess black skin.
>Skills: [Steal], [Flee]

uhh dev here, the answer is obviously no, you can't rip my dungeon off. Just spent the past 2 days planning the map of the whole game and that's most of it. And yeah I definitely plan on finishing

Finishing up docs and refactoring on my current code before I start adding new stuff. It's hard to make things consistent for things like... I regularly interchange "changeX" and "modifyX" but really they should all use the same words so the functions are easier to find. And I also have to write the default functionality of each function so that blueprint users know what it does if they intent to override it.

Don't make it an insta kill. Make it a stagger at best.

it only instakills whatever you throw and it staggers and knockbacks whatever else it hits. the sheriff and vulture that appeared after the two enemies were thrown were the same ones from before. i guess i should probably take out the knockback;

You forgot the final skill: [Conquer the west]

why would i want black people in my game? it sucks enough just having them in my city

>more comments than code

please delete them.

>deleting comments
NOT
GONNA
MAKE
IT.

Just name things better dipshit.

Maybe you should learn how to practice the basics and comment your code for future reference.
Commenting code is important, and some of the best coders comment their shit.

Say that to my face not online

>not leaving nice comments in the code for your future self to discover and feel good about

>Need to start a project
>Every game library that looks interesting has some annoying issue

It's a framework that other people are going to use, so the comments need to be there. Especially for Blueprint users who can't see the code.

>Commenting code is important.
how about you give me some reason why? Why write anymore than you have to?

>and some of the best coders comment their shit.
Fallacy, no reason to engage really.

I'd rather not have paragraphs of useless text in my code.

>why?
For the sake of anyone else that reads your code, and in case you come revisit the code a few months or even a few years after the fact.

>Fallacy, no reason to engage really.
So you're saying John Carmack doesn't comment his code, or that he's foolish for doing so?
Because I'm pretty sure you're a few levels under John Carmack.

Nothing's gonna be perfect. The tools you use wont be perfect. The game you make wont be perfect. But that's okay, nothing's perfect. So just start the project and make it as best you can.

But I am.
I'm literally making a Cucking Sim. It's like an RPG but you fuck mens wives. You gotta work your way up from stealing gf's of soyboys to fucking the wives of CEO's and Republican Senators and then finally the president of the united state's is wife is the final boss.

Inspirational words

boku please stop /pol/ posting and samefagging thank you

I think i'll wait until the next thread to post progress. This thread has gone to shit real quick.

>This is not my "comfort zone", user... I never do faces, normally.
Everything counts.

Ok, following the advice of an user from the previous post, I will learn Lua to make my 2D game with Love2D. Where do I start? Never coded before.

just hit me up anons, I know it's not that easy, but i'm willing to learn

>not calling your future self a dumb faggot because they have to refactor your spaghetti later

Comments are good when you cannot express something in the language itself. But whenever you can use a good name, or a precise type, etc. instead of a comment, you should. Stuff like
>// variable holding player score
>int s;
should be
>int player_score;
for example.

duh

>starting baking lights at 9pm
>its 2am now
>not even half finished
fuck this. I need a workstation to dev a modern 3D game

You'd be surprised at how much code you can find that looks like the former. Though a solution is not always as obvious. If you ever find yourself wanting to write a comment, you should think for a bit about how you could rename or restructure things to make the code itself clearer.

Augurusto I don't know if you even still lurk here but get your shit together and either make a separate twitter for your personal bullshit or stop tweeting nonsense. That's how people stop giving a shit about your progress when you finally do post it.

At work our workstations have 32 physical cores with hyperthreading and 96gb of RAM. It's pretty nice.

Go to a public library and bake your lights there.

>I'd rather not have paragraphs of useless text in my code.
there's a vs extension that auto hides it with a hotkey. it doesnt impact compile time so who cares?