webmshare.com/LPVWN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

where is Blastion demo

first for AI that dynamically finds cover

NEAT
E
A
T

can they only take cover behind predefined objects?

How the fuck do you load animations from the resource folder in unity?
Resources.Load(filepath)
returns null. I feel like this is necessary for following a real ECS pattern, but I can't find any info on it.

Cool. Technical explanation?

Nah it's dynamic

as long as the mesh contains "prop" or "env" in the filename :^)

You're in my spot, sir.

so it it is a smol vase named vase_prop they will try to hide behind it?

do a lamppost

Technically yes, but I have a bounds check that checks the height of cover to determine if they should crouch, so I can just add width to the bounds check and refuse the location if the item is too small.

I'm trying to create an online strategy game.
How to avoid a sin of becoming an enginedev if there are no engines?

Just use Unity, Game Maker or UE4. They can all handle a networked strategy game.

What do you mean? There are plenty of engines.

What do you mean? Being an enginedev is plenty of fun.

>there is almost no game work done in the first two episodes

is this /our anime/?

Shit posted at the end of the thread.

I'm interested in making a turn based game that has the classic pokemon battle setup, what are the chances that I'll get sued?
Any good alternative to that battle style?

The thing is, I'm just not seeing the need for what you're describing. It sounds like a more complicated solution to a problem that doesn't really exist. I don't have any issues at all with using the thumbstick to look around, and while it's definitely not precise, it doesn't have to be. You have a whole screen to keep the enemy on, and this isn't a flight sim like Falcon/DCS where there are specific reasons for why you would want to precisely control your view in a much more methodical way. On top of all that, you can just fall back on padlock for when you absolutely need to keep the target on the center of the screen.

If this were a much slower and sim-like game I could see merit in really nailing down a more precise and robust camera system but it doesn't seem worth it right now.

>what I had in mind was more like a less sensitive version of direct input, just because analogue sticks are too small to accurately look in a direction without straining yourself. but with accumulation and autocentering it's almost the same just with a more managable sensitivity
I think I understand what you're getting at here (camera always slowly auto-centering, but you can still move it around), although it sounds very similar to just lowering the sensitivity of the camera. Here's what a lower sensitivity looks like on the camera. No padlocking in the video at all, just manual camera movements. The problem I have with a lower sensitivity is that you can't glance behind you as quick as you could otherwise, which in a fast game I think is more important. Maybe a curve would be a good medium?

A lower sensitivity certainly shows better for somebody watching the video back and not actually playing, in the same way that during E3 demos everybody walks slowly and turns slowly. I'll have to expose this one as an option, because I can see the merits to high and low sensitivity. The low definitely does look better.

0 because you'll never finish it

Nobody is ever going to play your game, let alone sue you over it.

>I'd also like to see some kind of light catchup so it doesn't feel so rigidly glued to the aircraft.
This is already the case, although I have it very toned down. Unless you mean rotation, in which case there's a silly technical reason with how the camera currently works that I haven't bothered to write around yet. Here's a video with the default setting, with it off, and then turned way up.

進捗どうですか

what makes the pokemon battle system significantly different than something like golden sun or FF?

unless you mean the concept of people using genetically engineered monsters to fight in a large scale competition which is still pretty iffy whether nintendo would win or not

>UE4 fun
fuck that engine.
Anyway here's a recent progress of mine. Been a while since I posted here. Shitty webm warning

>that motion blur

told ya it's shit. Was thinking about turning it off, but as long as it werks I don't care

its official agdg my demo sucked ass and everyone hated it
only 1 download and 30 views
im ending it all and will probably never post again

goodbye dev friends

How do I do horror without jump scares?

post game

>1 download
all me

haha enjoy ur virus

Well the premise is kids using monsters or whatever to battle with this iconic style of combat presentation.

atmosphere and creepy imagery. look at silent hill and junji ito

I think devs who get used to their game don't realize the effect that a good atmosphere has for a first time player.

Make every model silhouette/LoD look like an enemy, that's the spookiest shit in multiplayer games.

thank you friend

no virus here friend

"Atmosphere" is a meaningless buzzword like "fun".

I lied, the only game I played yet was the snowboard game, haven't posted my feedback yet though

will play and comment later tonight, downloaded it so I won't forget

that really hurt me friend
why would you say those hurtful things?
ok but be warned it actually is garbage demo

>pixel graphics

That looks kinda neat, I like 2D rpg games. I'll play the demo, user. Just keep working on your game and post stuff on twitter/tumblr etc. You need to start working on your presence if you want more people to notice your game.

no demo is garbage if love was in it unless it's my demo.

time to pose and render. then muscle :^)

Coming up with a system that would function similarly to D&D stats is weird, because you want it to be impactful of events and situations in the game, but deciding what those events and situations might be requires some idea of what stats are involved.
I'm also not sure what sort of numbers to use. The D&D system was based on dice, but nobody is rolling dice so any sort of integers could be fine. I'm thinking of 0 being "completely unremarkably average" with pluses and minuses being variation from that.
Or maybe I should use a gaussian with +/- 1sigma, 2sigma, ... ha. Yeah probabilistic stats.
Like and subscribe to ideaguy_rambles thx guys

it's ok, my comments are garbage comments

Let's be garbage together

b-but my 3d game is on the back burner

i would love to play all of your demos but computer can not handle them
you didn't dev with toasters in mind
sorry friend

Worked on a festival version of the maps, adding fireworks and stuff.
webmshare.com/LPVWN

>no logo in pic
>AGDG instead of /agdg/
You guys are losing your touch...

>the only alternative to pixel shit is 3D

No one is going to sue you unless you copy pokemon designs and names that are copyrighted.
You can't copyright mechanics or story.

Ah okay that's a relief.

> mfw when the game is actually 3d modeled but uses the 2d rendered hd sprites

>You can't copyright mechanics or story.
You can still sue for plagiarism, I'm positive it happens fairly often for stories. Never heard of an actual case for mechanics though.

>I'm positive it happens fairly often for stories.
it happens often but you need to win the court and it is not an easy one unlike with direct copyright or trademark violation

If I were a woman I would already have a game by now

If you were a woman you wouldn't need a game.

the game of dicks

>You can't copyright mechanics
People have successfully patented loading screen mini-games, a sanity bar, the technology behind Katamary Damaci's rolling.

I'm about to create a bunch of asset for my game using GraphicGale. What size should the sprite ideally be?

>Should be fixed now. Maybe.
Yep, works fine now, and seems to run fine on my 15 year old laptop. Better than the original SGT3D even. Nice.

Women play on easy mode. You could just like make someone else create your dream game.

1024x1024

Does anyone know where I can find some first person dungeon crawler dungeon sprites (as in the walls, floor, ceiling, etc.)? Doesn't need to be anything super nice, it would mostly just be place holder for development until I get some proper art in place for it.

That's a lot of pixels

>You could just like make someone else create your dream game
That's exactly what I mean. Can you imagine How easy would it be to manipulate some programmer nerd if you were >5?

Or you need a newer monitor.

I'm really glad you keep working on your game, fukushu dev. Those effects are really cool.

>emissive works in cel shading post processes if they're additive
guess who's finally getting an art direction
also I've been writing the code for the cel shading post process wrong for months because I'm awful at copying stuff, which explains why I always thought that solution was crap

Says that again.

remember that the quality of your code doesn't matter if it works!

Good art is more important than working code.

I like things that glow like this

What is actually wrong with this?

Remember that producing a game doesn't matter if idiots will pay you to jack off!

A switch would be slightly more efficient, I guess.

Did the dev made the engine as well?

would you this dev?

> learn Blender

idea guy here

mmorpg for the nes

>3000 lines

>A switch would be slightly more efficient, I guess.
>switch
>for that

What if you would want to add new Uniform? Gonna crawl into the code again and change it?

I say it's rather a good presentation. Code can come into play since it can influence how well the gameplay flows as well as shaders or how some animations tie in to the gameplay.
But it doesn't necessarily does.
Music also plays a part in this.

But really Yandere whatever is just an edge case of someone catering to a bunch of teenagers really well, you shouldn't take it as an example as finding and exploiting the right niche for that is more a matter of luck than anything else.

I too, like glowing stuff.
Bloom in high quantity is just awful but I find that bright stuff with absolutely 0 bloom off.

She keeps liking my stuff and I have no idea why.
Her game is cute.

Put that shit in an array.
myRenderer.materials[0].mainTextures = myTextures[schoolwear];
myRenderer.materials[1].mainTextures = myTextures[schoolwear];
myRenderer.materials[2].mainTextures = faceTexture[myFace];

my lines of code = 3 (always)
their lines of code = 5 * number of textures

please end its suffering

>She keeps liking my stuff and I have no idea why.
>Her game is cute.
Link her twatter/tumblr?

Technically possible. You can add whatever arbitrary hardware you want to a cartridge including ethernet/wifi as long as the power requirements are low enough (or you could even have an external power source).

She's not bad at doodling. If you know what I mean.

>If you know what I mean.
what did he mean by this

@veronikgrk

>been a NEET for years
>Still haven't made a game because no discipline
I give up

You have to change the code every time you want to create a new uniform when you could just be doing it from an array in the instance's editor. This shit is fine for a small game but for a huge project with dozens of npcs it will be so fucking slow to update.

Only if half of them are trans.

Who pays for you to live?
and can they pay for me to live?

>veronik_grk
???

don't give up

Oops, it's veronicgrk and not veronikgrk. On twitter.
Yes I'm so bad at copying stuff I can't even get a name right.

Trying to figure out the smallest text size that's still legible for a low-resolution game
Any idea what font size stuff like GBA games would have?

Does not exist

dev!

>array
wtf man
Just make a Uniform class and make a uniform processor that just accepts Uniform and applies it.

>golden sun
that shit was the bomb