/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=BJhp0wVxzpk
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8PflC61uktU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Claiming thread for Neutral.

>Anyone who would get jealous of someone flirting with you but then abandon and betray you when you go down a difficult path is scum.

Dagda's neutral.

Dagda is more in line with Lucifer (classic)'s version of Chaos than Neutral.

Don't remind me. That one was actually pretty depressing.

No.

Law now and forever

That path included wiping out everybody from reality

I suppose so, though I think Dagda is more generous towards humanity as a whole.

They'd have all died and become souls eventually anyways. At least with Dagda you can reincarnate them in a better world and with more of their own power.

s-someone post Van Frost ;_;

>smt 1 doesn't mark cathedrals and save points on the map
I miss KMT already

What the hell happened to Masakado's Katana?

NO!
the 'DEEP DARK FANTASY' thingy
for Aniki

How outdated is KMT BTW? I've been looking at it lately.

He still has it. Godslayer Sword is Flynn using it.

No, i mean why the hell it shrinks o IV:A?

That's just that shot being wonky. When we see Flynn's sprite using it in cutscenes, it's still fuckheug.

Gameplay is pretty simplistic since they were originally nes games but I still had fun with them. Just give mt1 a shot, even if you don't like them its interesting to see the origins of the series.

Why is death even treated as big deal in SMT you literally can assume ghost forms and even reincarnate with full memories in some cases anyway

Depends on the game. For example, if Nocturne's game over is anything to go by, YHVH gets his hands on the protag's soul, which is the absolute worst possible thing that can happen to you in SMT.

Your favorite demon doing your favorite thing.

Professor Stephen giving a lecture to the protagonists?

Different artists.

Nocturne was my first game in the series, so seeing it for the first time was basically "well shit, sounds like it's better than going through the Vortex World."

Then I finally got around to playing other games in the series and learned just how bad that game over actually was.

YHVH is the one who creates the souls anyway I don't see what's so bad about going back and reincarnating anyway, also even in Noturne there were ghosts all over the vortex world, which means YHVH clearly doesn't give a shit unless you're fucking with the conception for arbitrary reason

Because the protags have a nasty tendency to get on YHVH's bad side.
>YHVH clearly doesn't give a shit unless you're fucking with the conception for arbitrary reason
Unfortunately, the Demi-Fiend was in that boat the moment Lucifer dropped a parasite in his eye.

You guys know where i can get SMT4 Apocalypse rom with DLC?

Get CIAngel.

>CIAngel.
Sorry should've clarified that i use Citra

You can't use DLC with Citra for any game.

Damn, guess i'll settle for just the game. Thanks for the help

I don't mean just protagonist deaths but death in general, DeSu2 and Final are particularly bad in this aspect. How I'm supposed to see Polaris and Nanashi actions as harsh when they'll literaly restore soul files from the universe recycle bin after rewrinting the laws of universe?

>eye
>urethra

I need a new game already, just release the fucking Strange Journey Redux.
youtube.com/watch?v=8PflC61uktU

is the dl link for the Chaos concert included in the
'Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media' section?

Well demons come back. As for human deaths in general, it's usually because once they're gone, the protagonist has no way of changing that and they don't have any other hyperpowered godlike entities in their corner when they go. Nanashi (I have no opinion on DeSu2, having never gotten to it) is a rare exception. Even then, he had to literally replace God to do it which is a pretty drastic measure.

because Nanashi is no better than god and would remove things he didn't like about people like flynn being a slave and i don't think he will revive people the same way cause that would bring everything back to the way it was before. remember belief powers gods and brings them to this universe

>releases in May
I hurt myself today

Io is such a cutie my goodness.

I'm sorry user.

>Just call us the Patriots--like we wrote on the request.

Sorry for what?

Your taste. No one deserves such horrible taste.

No need to be mean. I just think Io's cute. And talented.

>YHVH is the one who creates the souls anyway
Pretty sure that it was Mem Aleph who created the souls and YHVH usurped them.

He's not being mean, he apologized on behalf of your undesirable tastes.

Is this guy from an SMT game? I feel like he's from SMTII but it may be that he's from Maken X.

I think he's your grandpa. I forgot his name but he is from 2.

Will SMT ever be this aesthetically creative and pleasing again?

No

No.

Is Maken X any good?

Yes.

Yes but the English version is heavily censored so it kind of sucks unless you can play the original Japanese Dreamcast version.

the real world looks alright thanks to the simple anime-like models and cel-shading, but the game really shines in the otherworldly/demonic department

How heavily censored was it really? I thought they just changed the swastikas on certain enemies to a different, less-offensive one and removed the Roman numerals on the pope boss.

>removed the Roman numerals on the pope boss.
Wait how the hell is that offensive? I could see how people would get pissed off at the swastikas, but who gets mad at Roman numerals?

Wasnt he actually cool with nanashi having his dog gf?

The entire plot was basically rewritten to not have any references to the nazis.

>he doesnt know that all those souls and manekins were never meant to exist at all in the first place
user i.....

I'm not sure what art book they're from but I found all these cool illustrations of demons from some kind of SMT art book,

You didn't find them, someone made them.

Rude.

The people of Carthage of course.

It's amazing that Kaneko never redesigned her, it's a pretty shitty design.

Raidou 2 had so many status ailments
any other SMT games that does the same thing?

Doesn't she get a different outfit in one of the spin-offs? A kimono?

DDS games had stomach aches which is pretty funny. SJ had some bomb which I believe isn't in any other game. There is also of course the legendary LOSARM from MTII.
In Raidou 2 her design is the same as the regular pixie but in a kimono.

Yeah, I wanted to say raidou but my memory is fuzzy because I haven't played raidou 1 or 2 in like, 5 years or so.

>baphomet makes mara look weak when he summoned his slime form
>mara doesnt blame him even though he/she/it remembers that time an autist with no shirt punched the shit out of him
What gives baphomet

This one is pretty shit honestly, some are pretty cool though.

And some sexy Lilith to end it.

Bomb was in Soul Hackers, it was nerve based ailment i think

>The Grand Member is as precious as the Family Jewels! Protect the Grand Member!
This is a Mara quest, isn't it?

Should I fuse Mara from my Samael in IV:A?
His skills doesn't look any good.

It looks like her shoulder is fused with her tit

>it's a pretty shitty design.
I think the dyke look works pretty well. Frankly there are plenty of other designs that deserve a second look first.

She died for your sin of weakness....

Mara gets hell thrust and I believe doping so he at least gets some good skills to pass on.
Who would you say needs a redesign? The two I fell need it are High Pixie and Loki but some others like Agares who have been stuck with their SMTI/II designs really need it however the fact the new games will be 3d and not use 2d sprites can help mask their age.

>Varnani will never brutally kill you and feast on your innards
Why even live?

Is Varnani for hug or fug?

Varnani is for REND, SLAUGHTER, DEVOUR YOUR ENEMIES

I'm having a hard time remembering many in particular. It's just one of those things where I'm playing one of the games and see a demon with a design that I'm not a fan of. Ideally the design of every demon in SMT V will be touched up in some way (for the sake of consistently, if nothing else).

I guess I'll throw Strix and Ouroboros in the hat. And maybe have someone redraw Nidhoggr and Asherah since the designs are alright but they seem slightly off.

Speaking of Varnani,
Do her stats increase based on how you leveled up Serph?
For example I leveled up strength alot in my DD2 play through, would she be a strength demon only or would she be more all around balanced?

Her stat gains are fairly balanced with a slight lean towards magic, but she inherits Serph's stats at the point of his death.