/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General

whereismyname
whereismyname

Mid-Week Death Edition

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous is currently in Chapter 1 of the Beyond expansion, patch number 3.0. It comes free with the Horizons expansion and aims to focus on refining core gameplay and new content.

Thargoids have crippled AEGIS-related starports in the Pleiades and are now appearing in human space. Be aware that while the Thargoid Interceptors are not normally hostile, Scout Marauders absolutely are.
Starport repair requirements have been reduced to 10% of their original values and may actually be feasible now.

Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Patch 3.1 is currently in Evocati and will be moving to the PTU 'soon', 3.1 will be released at the end of March. Alpha 3.0.1 is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe

Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

FAQs
pastebin.com/70ACKNKJ

Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

Previous Thread: veekyforums.com/thread/208027785/video-games

Attached: 39535217054-15c9947a1d-k.jpg (544 KB, 2048x1152)

All urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/zEufftYe
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB
pastebin.com/70ACKNKJ
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
veekyforums.com/thread/208027785/video-games
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16458-Q-A-Aegis-Vulcan
twitter.com/robertsspaceind/status/974061470790176768
eddp.co/u/5KNajixx
eddp.co/u/RDUQzQeQ
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/413563-Community-Feedback-and-3-0-3-Update?p=6523191#post6523191
youtube.com/watch?v=WCnYoFNtqnY
canonn.science/tag/surface-site/
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/413563-Community-Feedback-and-3-0-3-Update?p=6527974&viewfull=1#post6527974
robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/st-patrick-s-day-screenshot-contest/1008052
robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
elite-dangerous-blog.co.uk/post/Engineering-30
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16454-St-Patricks-Day-Promotion
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16457-St-Patricks-Day-VIP-Promotion
youtube.com/watch?v=5_J8MBQD43o
dailymotion.com/video/x6g98zr
coriolis.io/outfit/type_10_defender?code=A2putpFplkdpsff61p1p1p1p1m1m1m1j1j0300030303010404B7fh2d2d2b2b292927m92d.Iw18ZVA=.Aw18ZVA=..CwegjOIAwgbKMCmBDA5gG0ScVdA=
eddp.co/u/JNu2rocS
beta.coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/federal_corvette?code=A0putpFklndzsuf57r7r7l2727191904040404040202034k5sfh3c050s9bm92d6l2b24.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZlA=.H4sIAAAAAAAAA42QOxIBQRRFH2MwRun5MIPIZwiVkEgoU5bADmYZFmABlmEZFmABIrGivOs9VUPaHXSd7nOq+lPiFRG9KzLVry6RyZ5AcvaJUOZElWySGThE7SYDHVVdXY5PRiKH+79o+wKiS03KQyzRTSK4vFQvSN4CQGPnEQ2VRkoTpakSqrwvyihPiWbzB9A7hqIMrwvl38tyUi43CZW+N8mUENhEoU0U2USxTZTypoiMflwYyHOzoCUK9B8fHkvQ9YUBAAA=.IwegLCoAwgzATCGBTAhgcwDbJJK+g===&bn=Best and achievable corvette
youtu.be/95cDgEt4fxs
youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk
elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Meta-Alloys
dailymotion.com/video/x6ggp07
coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cutter?code=A0pytxFslxdxsCf67k16161c1cw1w104-------4s070505fmCe37--1vP9.Iw18ZFA=.AwgsIyurwo==..EweloBhA2AWECMcQFMCGBzANikiIFA==
pcgamesn.com/star-citizen/star-citizen-land-claim-virtual-property-law
youtube.com/watch?v=hj2MXw8t_40
eddb.io/commodity/114
inara.cz/galaxy-engineer/1/

JunkTop
JunkTop

finally the op is updated

RavySnake
RavySnake

Friendly reminder that the Discord is a fun, accepting, diverse place. Come join us for the best memes! haha

farquit
farquit

stop man, they're gay as hell but its a stupid argument

Illusionz
Illusionz

616m/s top, 821m/s boost speed. There's still room for improvement. Like I said, not even full 5G dirty drives and I can still reduce weight. Stripped down everything for instance.

I can see why.

Attached: imp-eagle2.webm (2.97 MB, 960x538)

takes2long
takes2long

I don't appreciate you using words like 'gay'. Why not say 'silly', or 'not cool' instead?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

because they only get together in that chat for the express purpose of same sex anal intercourse

Flameblow
Flameblow

My kids read this thread, please delete such vulgar language.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Nice, my top is 672 and boost is 896, need to engineer some parts as well

Attached: Imperial-Eagle-in-game.png (1.4 MB, 1920x1080)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

If you live in the United States or Western Europe they are already lost.

Emberburn
Emberburn

I think Elite:Dangerous is a good game because you don't get everything at once. The slow progression is good character building material imo

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

sounds gay

StonedTime
StonedTime

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16458-Q-A-Aegis-Vulcan

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Fuck off with your discord cancer.

Soft_member
Soft_member

that's pretty rude man

Spamalot
Spamalot

I can be even more rude. Kill yourself you worthless faggot. Fuck off from here and never come back. Sorry ass, faggoty, shitstains like you are never welcome here, ever.

MPmaster
MPmaster

what are some good upcoming space games?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Star Citizen

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Rogue System, Rodina, Underspace, Objects in Space and X4: Foundations

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

This thread is off to a solid start.

Post cool spaceships.

Attached: 1519480624121.jpg (3.22 MB, 9091x5000)

Skullbone
Skullbone

more like star shitizen lmao

has anyone else made this joke before or am I the first?

Bidwell
Bidwell

Eh, fifth or sixth.

RumChicken
RumChicken

cultists are known as shitizens. It's an age old meme

whereismyname
whereismyname

Hilarious and original

WebTool
WebTool

you first

Nojokur
Nojokur

Ok.

Attached: 1999hawk.jpg (78 KB, 1356x944)

Evilember
Evilember

Sounds like your parents didn't bring you up right. If you were my child I would ground you so hard!

Flameblow
Flameblow

would mommy give me milkies?

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Attached: IMG-20180310-082113.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1080)

5mileys
5mileys

Lewd

Snarelure
Snarelure

speaking of upcoming space games
whats going on with starfighter inc? read about it a while ago and kinda liked.

Attached: starfighter.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1080)

RavySnake
RavySnake

huh, reminds me a lot of the Javelin...

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

*dispicable me meme*

{panel 1}
Advertise the fresh and cool discord

{panel 2}
tell everyone how friendly we are

{panel 3}
I'm told I'm a worthless faggot

{panel 4}
I'm told I'm a worthless faggot!

Check out the discord for more memes like this one. haha

iluvmen
iluvmen

Fuck.
Off.
No one fucking memes here. This is about SC and ED. Take your cancer and go suck a dick to actually contribute something useful for once.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Yeah I can see what you're saying actually. The middle is very similar minus some turrets.

Attached: 1509051224462.jpg (1.58 MB, 4889x2750)

likme
likme

Holy shit, I thought that was an early build of SC I didn't recognize. I was about to ask what is that ship on the HUD.

askme
askme

haha I get it, you're being sarcastic. lol you're not so unfunny here, maybe I should stick around

Firespawn
Firespawn

There wasn't the least bit of irony in my post. I actually care about this thread because it has lasted a long time and has been a great source of info for both games. The reason this thread is great is because we don't tolerate waifufags, tripfags, and memefags. If you are going to meme about one of the games, it needs to be original, using game devs or the game itself, and not be the meme of the week cancer. You didn't even have the balls to actually make a meme, you just vomited the upboated post on plebbit.
English is a shitty way to convey the message I am trying to communicate in any more extreme terms, so I'll keep repeating myself until every (You) you get has the same message. If your discord is so fucking great, go there and fuck off from here.

Soft_member
Soft_member

this is what you brits call 'banter' isn't it? Don't worry friend the irony isn't lost on me :)

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Attached: laughing-game-show-host.jpg (27 KB, 300x237)

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

twitter.com/robertsspaceind/status/974061470790176768

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Yeah, it actually is lost on you. Do you really think you're the first faggot to have the idea for a discord? You certainly weren't the first here, or the fifth, and most likely won't be the last naive faggot to get told off for your nugamer bullshit.
go to an user board
"you know what would be great, is if everyone had names and wasn't user"
so fucking original
You know, you could kill yourself. It won't be that bad.

DeathDog
DeathDog

y u mad tho

takes2long
takes2long

wow it seems like you weren't joking. Why are you so angry?

First of all I'm struggling to see who is who, would you mind signing off your post "user #2" so I know who you are?

Secondly I never knew memes could be such serious business to someone. We just want to have fun at discord :)

would be happy to discuss if you tell me the problems that you have

user#1

Flameblow
Flameblow

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Attached: fred-augis-merchantship-v21.jpg (537 KB, 1920x1505)

Techpill
Techpill

You faggots are the cancer that kills general threads like this. Stupid discord faggotry was behind /kspg/ dying because they wouldn't maintain separation.
Once the main chat happens on discord, this is only a place for the snarky assholes to still post about discord bullshit and stir up even more controversy. I'm not mad because you have a discord or enjoy it, I'm mad because you are threatening our comfy thread and I won't have this place turn to absolute dogshit without making your life hell in the process.

This is the last stand against the hugboxes in SC and ED. You can't have it.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

is this user #2?

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

namefagging and tripfagging are against the rules.

Lunatick
Lunatick

What're the best places for Federal Navy ranks right now?
I want to get this shit done with before they patch it out.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Catfucker? Is that you?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

sothis and ceos are the ones you looking for as usual. literally getting nothing but delivery missions

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Here's how to answer that question for almost anything you want to grind.

- eddb.io
- select Stations
- Allegiance is either Fed or Imp
- State is Boom
- use Sol for the reference system
- go to the end of the list, or furthest system away

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

you are on the wrong side of history. The Elite Dangerous Discord (EDD) is an open, tolerant and accepting place. People like you are NOT welcome

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Keep it there and be correct somewhere else, you worthless faggot.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

So this is where you go when you get kicked out of /egg.

Same bit though, posing as a newfag and shitting up the thread. You need new material, Catfucker.

Illusionz
Illusionz

namefagging is against the rules

TechHater
TechHater

I didn't give him that name. He proudly gave it to himself on /ksp

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

open, tolerant and accepting place
not welcome

Attached: 1471672483787.png (66 KB, 245x186)

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Attached: 20170619212829-1.jpg (32 KB, 276x425)

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

mfw my false flag trolling gets any mention of discord banned here

mission accomplished lads

Attached: hehe.jpg (12 KB, 317x267)

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Ah nice I didn't hear about a new X game

SniperWish
SniperWish

Overload, if you count games technically set in space and with full freedom of ship movement.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

so where's the game?

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

You can buy Elite:Dangerous on Steam.

Skullbone
Skullbone

read it and weep, dads

Attached: Elite-Dangerous-03.14.2018---20.09.00.04.png (1.86 MB, 1920x1080)

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

supposedly, the evocucks are playing it, but no one really expects any meaningful change since the bulk of improvements were pushed out of 3.1

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

i dont buy early acces games

Soft_member
Soft_member

Been Admiral for over a year now, son.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

I stopped playing this because most of it is spent waiting but not long enough to do anything else. Has that changed at all or is still something you mostly just watch?

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

I'm about to take a load of collector limpets into a CZ. If the ships drop loot, filling up for engis should be a cakewalk.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Except some will only drop from hauler/trade ships and not combat.
Fucking FDev with their incomprehensible drop loot table.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

I'm thinking a RES may be better for that. It's really good if you go pirate hunting, but you need a lot of limpets or you have to fly around a lot picking stuff up. Annoying when some anaconda and clipper pirates drop 10+mats.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Pack a 5A collector. You can release up to three limpets that lasts for 12 mins each.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

I have a 3A for 2 collectors. Just got to find the right spot.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

RES Sites in Anarchic Systems are second to none for human npc material farming, noncombat and combat ships of the civilian varieties each have their own tables of loot in this regard

Spamalot
Spamalot

Anarchic
That was the detail I was missing.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

yeah you can just kill shit without repercussion. as long as the populated anarchic system has some rings around gas giants or whatever the hell you're off to the races

JunkTop
JunkTop

I would rather just skulk around and collect the mats while the pirates do their thing. If I run out of miners, I can finish off the pirates and move on. They shouldn't target me with just limpets, and I'm only after mats.

Soft_member
Soft_member

what will often go on is that the background pirate swarm will pick on and pick out individual ships that will then just be hopelessly overwhelmed. I'm not certain 100% as to whether or not this is the case but one has to land a hit on the target in order for its material drops to propagate on death from what I have experienced, but they might've changed this. a small plinking weapon to register your participation in the downing of the entity should be all that's necessary in this case, though, and limpets alone in your hold won't get you any attention at all past hard stares by tough cunts

Attached: 1507306432557.jpg (156 KB, 1200x1084)

DeathDog
DeathDog

There has to be a place where I can get the npcs to do the work. Maybe a higher security system so I can just ride the cops coat tails. When I was mining for Selene Jean, the cops were constantly busy. I wonder if I baited some pirates in a res with some cargo, if the cops would do most of the work like they did when I was mining.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Thought I quoted you here,

Flameblow
Flameblow

anarchic resource extraction sites feature aggressive AI that will passively fuck each other up, space cops are much of the time far less vicious than pirate on pirate or pirate on miner shit. often times you can draw a miner into a fight and the nascent pirates will sniff the blood in the water for lack of a better phrase and start shooting the shit out of them too. with total passivity in mind i'm not certain how easy your life really will be in an anarchic RES but i'd argue it's easily your best bet

they're constantly preying on one another for insignificant cargo and often times the pirates will spawn with reasons within them for other pirates to attack them in the form of cargo

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Fuck, that sounds more interesting to watch. As long as they draw mats.
This is the final frontier in ED. If we can break the grind for engineers, the dads will be totally defeated. Mat brokers opened the door, now we need to break it down completely and find the fastest way to fill up for each broker.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

on how to accomplish what you're aiming at:
small long-range laser (kill whoring, arbitrary ammo)
maneuverable/fast ship (to turn effectively/zoot over to remains)
upgraded sensors for detection range (better able to see fighting emerging)
big limpet module (collection)

eGremlin
eGremlin

I just got my funship. I could go full rampage and just kill everybody, but I'm trying to work from laziest to most annoying, and I would like one of those npc furballs if they would kindly drop mats for me.

Nojokur
Nojokur

eddp.co/u/5KNajixx
super basic but might begin to fit the bill, anything smaller and i don't think you can pack the size 5 limpet governor

girlDog
girlDog

oh wait you need cargo for limpets lmao recalibrating

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

limpet controllers for 5 limpets
4 cargo slots
Where am I going to get the 5th limpet? Carry it in my lap?

Inmate
Inmate

give me the rundown of SC Bankruptcy and E:D failure to execute

Attached: comfy-cat.jpg (139 KB, 1149x891)

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

okay this is more along the lines of whatchu need
eddp.co/u/RDUQzQeQ

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

I've been wanting a reason to get an asp-x, I just need to go take some aggression out with my new ship first. Then I'll take some pictures of things with an asp in front of it.

eGremlin
eGremlin

dope. the asp E is very good. its jump range (in sheer numerical value along with longevity/efficiency) is pretty much in the same ballpark as the diamondback explorer right now and arguably it's a better SRV platform given that you can fit more of them inside more comfortably, or so i think. beneath its juicy geometry to shoot at it is mildly capable in combat especially against small vessels in small quanitity but a BIG BIG multirole in the scope of the game. many many more people will sit in an
ASPIE
than they will in a python, and its internals are conducive to more incremental investment were one more along the lines of starting out in ED. I went to Sagittarius A* in mine back in vanilla bobilla and it was a smooooooth ride past like one warp in through a binary configuration. nowadays with engineering they're tabula rasa on many fronts.
in addition to this it is one of the only ships that can carry eight torpeoes with a straight face. in a heat sinking/silent running configuration the asp E has been employed in gibbing massive prey with gangs of other commanders so watch out muthafucka
i do that shit in a fer-de-lance

Attached: 20160721003127-1.jpg (624 KB, 2560x1440)

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

you ruined it. now I don't want one.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

t. coredynamics kuk

Attached: 20160916125139-1.jpg (588 KB, 2560x1440)

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

actual space ship vs 10th grade geometry problem.
hmm...

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

what kind of space ships do you like then user

Attached: 20170430123924-1.jpg (442 KB, 2560x1440)

TreeEater
TreeEater

Proud Federal ships with strong conservative values that center on the family.

Attached: T0aJxQ4.png (556 KB, 1282x602)

Methnerd
Methnerd

FDS and its siblings then my dude, FAS being the zippiest among them. the corvette is a tad slow for my liking for anything more than backyard npc liquidating

farquit
farquit

winglets in space and on airless planets
wings also too smol to do fuckall when atmospheric landing finally does come out around a year after space legs and SC

Attached: can't-land-for-some-reason.jpg (479 KB, 1920x1080)

iluvmen
iluvmen

Attached: scpill.png (870 KB, 949x971)

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Those wings are where they carry their values. It symbolizes the mighty Bald Eagle as Space America shoves freedom up the galaxy's ass.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Class 5 limpet controller
Carries 5 limpets
I'm betting you haven't unlocked Selene Jean

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

There were 2 class 3 limpet controllers also. There would never be a need for 5 limpets at once. 2 is plenty, even for mining and I'm already done with Jean.

Emberburn
Emberburn

didn't even look at the ship loadout
Though the two spare class 2 compartments would fit 8 tonnes

5 is too many limpets for RES/CZ mat farming anyhow

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

I find the fact that 3.1 has been in evocati this long and no one has shown off the "performance improvements" pretty telling. I guess it's literally just a reclaimer and more busted gameplay.

askme
askme

like 4 days is long

King_Martha
King_Martha

C3, 8-ton ENIAC-sized supercomputer only controls 2 limpets at a time
C5, 32-tons. Literally FOUR TIMES the size. Controls 1 extra limpet
C7, 128-ton motherfucker sixteen times the size of the C3. Controls 4 limpets max
Who the fuck signed off on this?
I bet they have numbers on how many C7 controllers are installed in the entire galaxy.
I bet this number could be counted on one hand, and even then only because somebody out there probably installed one to screenshot in outfitting.

iluvmen
iluvmen

Q4 updates come
now you can have your own thargon swarm of collector limpets

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

THere's been nothing though. The performance improvements were all they were talking about, you would figure there would be another car commercial from CIG if they actually had something to show.

w8t4u
w8t4u

Question about torps.
Could it be that explosion from torpedo hit will detonate another torpedo, that was launched a half second later before the first one?(and as result no damage from second torp)

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Idk about torps but I'm pretty sure mines do that.

Spamalot
Spamalot

I'm new to elite and don't know about mechanics, but there is definitealy something wrong with torps. Right now I was fighting npc cobra mk4 and 3 of my 4 torps dealt literally no damage, while the last one took ou 70% of cobra's hull. I haven't seen if there was any point defense turrets, from my view all torps hits the target and there were explosions near the hull.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Prolly point defense. Were his shields down?

Emberfire
Emberfire

Yes, his shields was down. I've seen impact and explosions, and no point defense projectiles. Dunno how the chaffs looks like and how it works.

Snarelure
Snarelure

I think ecm's do torps as well? Not sure

Playboyize
Playboyize

Does Down to Earth Astronomy have a youtube bot that removes all comments with the word "eye" in them?

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

launch day
try to pilot pioneer to literally anywhere to start base
immediately crash into station, killing dozens of players, npcs, destroying ships, etc
maximum criminal rating and owe quadrillions of credits in damage the moment the game begins

cant wait

Attached: 1463817887877.png (55 KB, 217x190)

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

the whole shebang takes 6 hours cause the game only manages to render one frame per minute

Emberburn
Emberburn

Torps have a minimum arming time. You were too close

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

It's 2018
people actually believe there's going to be a launch day

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

I asked that question about missiles before, I was firing 4 of them together and it would sometimes do huge damage and sometimes do almost none. I was told they may have done damage to modules instead of the hull. Next time you get in a fight check their sub targets after you land a seemingly non damaging hit.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Interesting, thank you.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Man, weeks ago I was eager to play the new ED update but I got busy with things, and now i've heard everything that paid anything was nerfed to hell or removed and it's just killed my buzz, i've been free all week and haven't felt like playing anymore

can anyone convince me to get back into it?

Inmate
Inmate

You can find ancient alien pornography

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

wait so Star Citizen is out yet? whats in the release what have they actually finished?

this game was ment to come out 4 years ago wtf is going on with it.

King_Martha
King_Martha

the ensuing explosion lasts another 2 hours

RumChicken
RumChicken

Friendly reminder currently E:D along with SC are gutter trash. I would rather spend my money on pornsites. Which I don't even watch.

Attached: qt-girl-gets-cuck-blocked.jpg (104 KB, 298x309)

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Brilliant idea of CIG.
Put the games latest patch out to a minute audience and instruct them not to talk about it.
SC discussion suddenly craters everywhere including reddit.
Then they'll wonder why people aren't getting as excited about the game anymore.
I bet you a million Zimbabwe dollars that when their funding starts getting bad they'll stop doing Evocati.

Spamalot
Spamalot

Zimbabwe abandoned their currency because it was worth less than dirt and switched to euro famialiaaiia desu
Still worth more than a E:D credit.

askme
askme

How does one get imperial rank up missions to spawn?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Attached: 1471914633530.jpg (1.46 MB, 3840x2160)

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

If anyone was wondering, cordial status and a shit ton of board refreshing is what it takes.

Inmate
Inmate

implying that 3.1 has anything good to talk about

StonedTime
StonedTime

How do I get the dang srv turre to shoot with my left mouse button?

these controls are horrendous for hotas users so I have to use the mouse for the turret but it just won't shoot

any idea where the setting for that is?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Better than people asking what ship they should buy for the thousandth time.
Showing off bugs and random shit found in the game is what builds communities, keeping shit hidden makes them abandon it.
Just look at Destiny 2.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Just look at Destiny 2.
What happened to it?

Flameblow
Flameblow

Fuck, am I glad this is over

Attached: 20180315105629-1.jpg (421 KB, 1920x1080)

Skullbone
Skullbone

Commander Commander

Good job retard.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Yeah, I was debating starting over because of that but I was already getting my 3rd million CR so I said "fuck it"

askme
askme

Just ask support to change, in this case they'll probably be happy to.

TechHater
TechHater

"Hello Frontier, please change my name from 'Commander Dickwad' to just 'Dickwad'. Make sure you capitalise the D for 'Dick'. Thanks"

Try it and see what happens.

happy_sad
happy_sad

He needs to keep one eye on the chat when he's playing that's all

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Just explain that your full name is Richard Wad and that you thank them for their understanding and discretion in the matter

eGremlin
eGremlin

Alright first time i've been on ED in over a year and there's so much new stuff.

I'm currently in an ASP with about a 30LY jump range, think I was using it for exploring or hauling or something... I know I have a Anaconda somewhere but I have a lot of ships scattered throughout the galaxy and I have no idea which system it would be in. Is there a way for me to find out?

Also, all this new engineer shit and grinding for ranks and stuff. Is there a quick guide/reference I can look at at how to get into that sort of stuff? It all seems a little overwhelming.

w8t4u
w8t4u

go to a shipyard, go to the tab "transfer ship" and it should show you all your other ships and where they are

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

The galaxy map puts an icon next to systems you've stored ships in. You can also go to any shipyard and select 'ship transfer' tab. It will tell you exactly where any ships you own are. You can also pay money to have the ships moved to your current location.

w8t4u
w8t4u

I just started unlocking the engineers one by one and modded whatever modules I could as I went. Eventually you'll have everything upgraded, at least all the important stuff. You can check the wiki for the materials you need and yt or the forums on where to find them. Dav's Hope is one of the best places for mat farming.

TechHater
TechHater

Ah okay yeah i've been to two different places and they've not had shipyards, no wonder I couldn't see that option

Thanks, yeah I think i'll go to them one by one and see what they offer and stuff.

Is it best to max them all out?

Also, do you need to do the engineering with one specific ship, or does being able to unlock stuff mean you can unlock it for your other ships too?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

No engineering recipe is ship specific. You can even move an engineered module from one ship to another.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Greetings, Citizens.
Is your game out yet?

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Torps are pretty resilient. It's unlikely they're detonating each other.

Nojokur
Nojokur

It is out, of money. That's why they whored themselves to a bank loan.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Sweet, good to know

Fug, i'm 60+ jumps away from the nearest engineer in my 30LY jump Asp.

This is gonna take a while...

What the fuck was I even doing the last time I played this.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Talk to felicity farseer first. Get a wake scanner and just scan about 6km out from a station. It'll get you through like tier 1 of the fsd upgrades which will make the rest of your trips quicker

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

tfw being a postie in the middle of bumfuck nowhere for a few hours grants me the title of king

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Make piracy great again

Methnerd
Methnerd

For the thousands time if evocati builds were open to everyone people can potentially abuse bugs and become hindrance to qa testing
last build had a bug where someone can force a server-wide crash

Illusionz
Illusionz

I wouldn't give it much thoughts
pretend to be the most realistic spacefighter game
can't even avoid glass cockpit

I don't think they'll even manage to justify spacefighter, it will just be a unoriginal WWII in space dogfighting game that pretend to be a simulator cause they have visible RCS.

If I wanted a space opera that accept its fictional element to make itself better I already have one: Star Citizen

Attached: 1306369396622.jpg (74 KB, 1156x500)

Methnerd
Methnerd

raydar
initail
oxidiser
decellerate
also
storing your fuel and oxidizer in the same tank

Was this designed by a 12 year old?

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

ded thread ded board

Snarelure
Snarelure

I miss you too faggot

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/413563-Community-Feedback-and-3-0-3-Update?p=6523191#post6523191

Material drops at settlements provide only one item instead of three.
This is intended.

Time to park at Dav's Hope.
Likely the rep fix will go in as well so if you want your Fed/Emp rank you better do it now.

Connection error. Connection error.
And holy fuck, what's up with Veeky Forums today?
nm, goddamn just because a robot offs himself doesn't mean you lock down everything else.

Flameblow
Flameblow

youtube.com/watch?v=WCnYoFNtqnY

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Fug, getting to this engineer was a hassle, now I unlocked the first level for him and I can't even upgrade anything because I need certain materials for it.. This is going to take a while

Illusionz
Illusionz

It's not about the build being open for anyone to download. No one is asking CIG to change the number of players per test. The bullshit is the NDA. We paid early specifically to see the game development, not cherry picked highlights that CIG thinks might boost sales.
There is no fucking excuse for hiding this shit from the backers because it's always 10x worse when the truth does come out.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Likely the rep fix will go in as well so if you want your Fed/Emp rank you better do it now.
How do I do this?

Spoonfeed please?

Also what is Dav's Hope used for? Seems like a popular thing people mention.

SniperGod
SniperGod

There are no brakes on the nerf train

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

veekyforums.com/thread/208027785/video-games for getting your rank up. If you want ships like the Corvette or Cutter you need to be high ranking to buy them.

Dav's Hope is a planetside location that has material spawn drops. You get three drops per pickup but that'll be reduced to one per next patch.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Fuuuuuck. Time to farm Dav's for all its worth before the nerf bat hits again. Is nothing sacred these days.

Attached: 03-43.png (68 KB, 300x300)

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

a 12 year old thought more about how a spaceship would work than a team of professional designers at CIG
enjoy your hallways and manned turrets

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (220 KB, 1911x1049)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Dav's Hope isn't a settlement though. No one is left there.

SniperWish
SniperWish

Thanks. What are data missions?

Are they the ones where you have to land on a planet and scan a base?

Materials are for the engineers stuff yeah?

Is that the only way to get them or can you buy them from markets?

Spamalot
Spamalot

Different user but what does wake scanning have to do with engineer progress? Did they change how you rank them up?

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Data missions are the ones where you carry data from one system to the other as opposed to cargo. They're not planetary scan missions. Materials are needed to upgrade your ship via the engineers and no you can't buy the stuff, you have to grind for it.

Wake scanning will give you certain types of data used by the engineers for upgrades.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Can someone suggest like an all-round build for an Asp Explorer?

I want to be able to fly long distances, and be able to grind imp/fed ranks and also grind the engineer shit

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Wake scanning gives data materials you need to upgrade your fsd. For later tiers you need chemical processors as well, so I usually hang out in resource sites and get them from destroyed pirate ships, or investigating degraded emissions sources. You'll also wanna do some srv mat grinding for either sulfur or phosphorous, cant remember which. Whichever one you can downgrade chromium into. But For all tiers you need wake data, and the best way to do that is just to hang out at a station and scan the wakes of people leaving.

5mileys
5mileys

You need various materials (different scan data, metals and technical stuff) for engineers. You can't buy them. You can earn them as mission rewards, but otherwise you have to scavenge them. Scan data from scanning various things, metals are usually found from shooting meteorites and outcrops at planet surfaces withyour SRV or through mining and technical scrap usuallly from blown up ships. Dav's Hope is a popular scavenge site for technical scrap. Materials are just lying there waiting for you to pick them up. Relogging also respawns them.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

I think he meant that the comments are barely in english.
Also if you want to be anal about realism, the railgun doesn't seem to be aligned with the center of gravity, so the ship would start spinning every time it shot.

Attached: Sidonia.jpg (90 KB, 900x400)

SniperWish
SniperWish

All rounders I have found to always leave you wanting something. I would just focus on your fsd first and foremost. If the asp is your best ship, fit it for grinding whatever makes you the most money and fit the asp for exploring/long distance travel after you buy your next ship. I usually use the asp to travel to whatever combat zone I'm tooling around in, pay to have the combat ship transported to that dtation, and go use the bathroom/eat lunch/whatever while the ship is getting transported

TreeEater
TreeEater

Attached: 1432397195-screenshot28.png (2.23 MB, 1920x1080)

Soft_member
Soft_member

bazinga

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Head over to Ceos/Sothis.
Pretty good data missions.
Now there's only like two missions each flip, if that.

What the fuck happened.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Probably too many people doing it so it dried out or something

DeathDog
DeathDog

Must've been the main point the Dads brought to the negotiation table to make them stop ddosing the servers.

You see, if nobody can play, then nobody can unlock things too fast

Snarelure
Snarelure

It was actually happening before the servers shat themselves.

Well I unlocked the Fed Gunship, which was all I really wanted. Though now that I have the Chieftain I'm not really sure I want to spend the money on a Gunship now.

Methshot
Methshot

MISC Racer
lets just block half the fucking screen with dashboard! Why would someone need to see where they're going while zooming through an obstacle filled maze at high speeds.

Attached: thisisaracer.jpg (332 KB, 2560x1440)

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

only need 2 ranks for rear admiral
finally got a pirate lord mission to spawn yesterday morning
the pirate didn't spawn before I had to leave for work
servers are down when I try to finish it that night
mission failed when I log in this morning

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Attached: IMG-20180316-044811.jpg (3 KB, 290x16)

JunkTop
JunkTop

It was different when they last showed it a few weeks ago. The seat position seems to be wrong in that image.

idontknow
idontknow

Dav's Hope is now a marked location you can discover by honking/nav beacon scan
Was this introduced in a minipatch or something.

Soft_member
Soft_member

using_rift_as_a_manlet.jpg

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

midget pov

RavySnake
RavySnake

Just raise your seat up, faggot.
It's the most realistic space sim ever invented for a reason.

TreeEater
TreeEater

It appears on the navigation computer once you've landed there. It shouldn't be listed until then.

cum2soon
cum2soon

Huh. Didn't know that. Any other locations where this is the case?

Playboyize
Playboyize

The major faction grind takes way too lon-

Attached: 20180315163438-1.jpg (136 KB, 440x564)

massdebater
massdebater

I know there's a crashed Anaconda site that works like that as well but there may be more. There are quite a few planetary sites that aren't obvious unless you've followed the clues to their location or read about them here.
canonn.science/tag/surface-site/

JunkTop
JunkTop

Yeah the Imperial ranking is crazy fast now that you can pick the Rep+++ reward but the Fed side is still a bit slower. Even before the reward change it took me about a week of hard grinding to get to the rank to unlock the FAS.

Firespawn
Firespawn

That wasn't even full efficiency. I had several breaks.

less than three hours to get to King from Peasant-tier ranks by being a postman is hilarious.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Doing the Fed rank grind right now, three more ranks to corvette and then I can fuck off from it.

I don't even want the corvette or cutter, But in the off chance they add anything to it I want to have stuff ready.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

I really wish that was an option and you weren't just being a sarcastic faggot. It would improve so many ships if you could just adjust your view height

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Where are you > Sothis-ceos for me is slow and gives no rank up missions.

girlDog
girlDog

Sothis/Ceos.
I've found that it's the two stations in Sothis that are actually giving out the data missions, and from them it's Sothis Mining that's the real big one. Ceos will only give like four or five even after several board flips.

Ranks up missions are always a piece of shit to get, If you really want one rather than just getting rank increases then flip several times. They won't always be separated, so just look for "Navy" as you scroll.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

For 3.0.3 we’re altering crime functionality: when you are wanted in a jurisdiction, your ship automatically deactivates the system authority link to prevent crimes against you from being detected. This is in line with it using anonymous access protocols to protect you from detection when docking at ports where you are wanted. It means that players will no longer be committing crimes when attacking wanted ships, even if they have not scanned them. It is still important to scan vessels that you are unsure about, but you will no longer become a criminal for attacking a criminal.

Attached: supernut.gif (1.75 MB, 712x706)

RumChicken
RumChicken

It means that players will no longer be committing crimes when attacking wanted ships
FUCKING THANK YOU.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Just won a 2v1 against 2 Federal Corvettes with my recently purchased Federal Corvette (uninengineered). Man I fucking love this ship already

SniperWish
SniperWish

Where sempai?

Spamalot
Spamalot

Mainani

Techpill
Techpill

WOW. Just wow. Did FTroop actually do something good for once?!

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Stop being a spoonfed millennial.
It was time a developer didn't make a freecam game with dumbed down controls for 12years old kid with ADD.
Now when you'll see someone race in an asteroid field it will take real navigation skills.

I'm pretty sure that's a buggy screenshot, the HUD layout don't match

Attached: 1402122287180.jpg (239 KB, 1366x768)

Inmate
Inmate

Attached: IMG-20180315-191421.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1080)

RumChicken
RumChicken

Oh, that's where I put my second dildo.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

You will never have a multi--role ship that can equip a fighter bay that doesn't look like a huge fucking piece of shit.

Soft_member
Soft_member

imperial cutter

massdebater
massdebater

Attached: chrome-2018-03-08-17-51-21.png (586 KB, 1559x773)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Cutter is ugly desu

likme
likme

t.fed

Flameblow
Flameblow

wanting to fly a space 747

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Works on players too so you'll no longer have to wait for the basic scan to finish before you can open fire on a crim.

eGremlin
eGremlin

People wait before opening fire on other commanders?

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

What's the best money grind right now

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Attached: JUST.png (763 KB, 673x678)

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/413563-Community-Feedback-and-3-0-3-Update?p=6527974&viewfull=1#post6527974

Huh, guess they went back on that nerf.. or mistyped originally. Dunno.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Get message saying hi
Go to reply
Inbox menu is a broken sack of corrupted shit
Every damn time.

Illusionz
Illusionz

two wing pods
Bitch, please.
Don't have shit taste and an inability to identify aircraft.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Is aspx good for passenger missions? And what are the best systems for it right now, sirius atmospherics still works?

Attached: 1512339203301.png (93 KB, 403x448)

Methshot
Methshot

Decent choice for long haul, high value VIP passengers.

Nojokur
Nojokur

Should I get 5D business cabin or is 6C first class enough? Otherwise I'd get 5A fuel scoop.
And what about systems?
I've never done passenger missions so bear with me.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

What does this mean? Rewards will be increased thrice?

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

No, all materials will give the usual 3 except guardian ones which will give 1.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Yeah, Type-7 is the next step if you want to keep losing your soul to passenger missions.

King_Martha
King_Martha

I just want to make lots of money and never worry about it again and I don't have to worry about getting my FAS blown the fuck out

Lunatick
Lunatick

RTV live on SC twitch channel

Soft_member
Soft_member

It'll cost at least 4 times as much as a dedicated combat/trade/exploration build and won't do any of them as well as cheaper ships. (especially combat).
VIPs require a first class cabin (one per VIP) as far as I know.

likme
likme

Wait for the next gold rush, you'll just burn yourself out.

Embrace the way of the dad.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

finally fly 5000kly from the bubble to unlock palin
I'm looking at 140 jumps back, which I really cant be fucked to do, should I just self destruct and eat the rebuy? I can easily afford it

takes2long
takes2long

Exploration data does add up if you've been honking.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

I don't know dick about engineering.
Is there something I can do to missiles to let me carry more than the smallest fucking amount of ordnance ever?

I just want my gunship to be a mother fucking missile boat once I beam an enemies shields away, and not have to go back to a fucking station after every fucking fight.

Attached: 22930x8416[1].jpg (265 KB, 1920x1080)

Snarelure
Snarelure

Look up the neutron planner (third party tool), 5k ly is barely anything if you use it, also you'll increase your exploration rank a lot if you maange to sell the data.

Skullbone
Skullbone

I've been honking but no detailed scans, I dont need the money, not sure it'd be anywhere near enough to level me up to elite for exploration. At 15% pioneer from passenger missions

5000kly
5000000ly
This non stop jumping is clearly effecting me.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

High capacity modification at the Engineers, mounting the larger hardpoint missile racks.

Supergrass
Supergrass

You can also synthesise missiles, which will cost mats, but theres no excuse not to be swimming in grade 1 mats anymore

happy_sad
happy_sad

Attached: reclaimer-dirty-ass-interior.webm (2.93 MB, 800x450)

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

oh boy what high resolution textures for a game asset in a title that won't ever ever ever have a launch day

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

tfw wanting to get a type-10 because I want literally all of the guns
artistically worried about not being able to land at outposts.

I know it won't be as good as any of the big 3 ships, but I just like the look of it more than the two faced anaconda, and it's more interesting to me than a Star Destroyer or a Boeing jet.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Hey when is this game coming out?

Skullbone
Skullbone

Neutron calculator got added to galaxy map a while back so should just need to check the box for Neutron boosts or whatever. Or is the in game version not as good as 3rd party? I don't regularly neutron boost.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

When is the Krait going to be released? It's the only thing I'm looking forward to right now as Beyond seems fairly underwhelming at the moment.

Attached: 100100.jpg (18 KB, 300x300)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Attached: reclaimer-landing-gear.webm (2.87 MB, 888x500)

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Krait loosk interesting, with the sort-of underslung cockpit and what looks like a fighter hanger.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Super cool and filled with fidelity

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

are the nacelles not engines?

likme
likme

You are permanently banned from talking in starcitizen.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Krait is supposed to be cheap ancient crap, no? I'm more interested in more ayy shit with engineering and eventually ayy ships

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

In game only plots in a straight line while the neutron planner makes it way through every neutron star in your path so it results in much less jumps.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Makes sense. I wonder if you can sort by star class with only neutron stars and maybe a few others selected and achieve a similar route. Going to experiment when I get home from work.

Soft_member
Soft_member

robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/st-patrick-s-day-screenshot-contest/1008052

askme
askme

I hope they still refine landing. There needs to be visual feedback, at least from third person so it doesn't look like a ship is just dropping down. Precision mode also needs more work. Adjustments still happen too quickly. You go from complete standstill to blasting into the landing pad.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

eat shit 10bux

Attached: beerhereforever.jpg (22 KB, 646x162)

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Attached: reclaimer-size-stitch.jpg (443 KB, 2889x1733)

takes2long
takes2long

These ships are getting really fucking big. The Reclaimer has like a five floor elevator....

askme
askme

And yet you don't actually get how big it is until you have to walk in and reach the cockpit.

I think the Bengal Carrier will need its own subway to reach the front turrets.

Booteefool
Booteefool

How do i engineer parts

5mileys
5mileys

Attached: cyclone.webm (2.93 MB, 888x500)

SniperGod
SniperGod

sell exploration data to engineers then upgrade using material gobbldigook

Methnerd
Methnerd

have cig physics tested the design of the wheels, or will "rule of cool" win the day?

Lunatick
Lunatick

it's 2018
the game is still in alpha
it's called 3.0
thread is filled with shills and genuine simpletons
I'll come back in 2030 and laugh at this again.

Attached: 1520053908703.gif (2.42 MB, 250x255)

StonedTime
StonedTime

You're not fooling anyone weeb, you'll be the next to post.

girlDog
girlDog

So when is the SC sale coming? did they forget? dont they want my good boy money?

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Rule of cool obviously, they've never made a secret of this. They are trying to make their rover stand out, frankly I would have been happy with a nice boring rover so long as the physics is cool. But I don't they'll bother with rally gameplay and dirt as well.
And that's a good thing

when you see it

Attached: next-jpeg-truck.jpg (386 KB, 991x643)

FastChef
FastChef

using missiles instead of multicannons on a gunship

Attached: Why.jpg (73 KB, 600x1040)

Playboyize
Playboyize

What sale?

Methshot
Methshot

the "we spent all your money on hookers and blow and now we can't afford to keep the lights on!" sale

Supergrass
Supergrass

robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
Updated

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

elite-dangerous-blog.co.uk/post/Engineering-30

Booteefool
Booteefool

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16454-St-Patricks-Day-Promotion
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16457-St-Patricks-Day-VIP-Promotion

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

green ship sale
no reclaimer
but a constellation phoenix with a green paintjob
bravo chris

Attached: Connie-Emerald.jpg (840 KB, 1920x996)

eGremlin
eGremlin

"We're not selling the phoenix again"
sells phoenix with green paint job
"It's totally different!"

Attached: 1427370410618.gif (3.56 MB, 360x270)

Emberfire
Emberfire

Think it's worth getting in on this Thargoid scout hunting CG?

I can't decide if I'm better off loop trading in my Type-7 or tempting fate fighting goidlets in my FDL.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Attached: 1433278408531.jpg (213 KB, 1031x694)

Illusionz
Illusionz

UGH uglybugly

Inmate
Inmate

youtube.com/watch?v=5_J8MBQD43o

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Fucking struts

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (889 KB, 1920x1080)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Because I want it to be a Missile Boat!

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

I haven't played Elite since I got the corvette about a month after Horizon release. What are thargoids and did they lock that whole event behind some cg? Also, did they add planetary based cgs yet and how is bounty hunting nowadays?

Attached: 1.webm (2.84 MB, 1024x576)

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

there is only one jim martin and he is a guitar god

Attached: jimmartin[1].jpg (29 KB, 630x416)

cum2soon
cum2soon

Those look ugly af. Are they unity assets?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Thargoids are old aliens that everyone thought they'd gotten to fuck off, but now they're back. They're not locked behind anything, sometimes they'll hyperdict you, but now you can also shoot them.
Planets just got prettier and thats about it.
Bounty hunting is the same, except soon they'll make it so you don't become wanted for shooting someone who is wanted without scanning them first.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

using cuckshooters or missiles when railguns exist

It's like you don't want to one shot light ships.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Unless you're planning to use it for planetary assaults missiles are a poor choice.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

In all honestl multi-missiles like the packhounds should have been a thing from the fucking start.

The way Elite handles missiles is abysmal. They don't do enough damage for the ammo supply they have.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

The type 10 can't realistically use all its hardpoints even with a max engineered distributor. Sadly the best option for phaser banks is the cutter. Which is a shame considering just how unused the type 10 is.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Module damage is great tho

Spamalot
Spamalot

so now that Chris lost star engine to Crytek, how long will it be until we see the announcement of Crysis Worlds?

Illusionz
Illusionz

Even if you just equip turret multicannons?

MPmaster
MPmaster

go to bed derek, you're drunk and homeless

Attached: 1475837296308.jpg (24 KB, 353x201)

JunkTop
JunkTop

I was planning on setting up a Chieftain for thargoid hunting, and sticking 3 x railguns in the small hardpoints exactly for this purpose.

Emberfire
Emberfire

THREE railguns?? The absolute madman

happy_sad
happy_sad

I dont play ED, what ship is this? Looks cool.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Looks like a Diamondback Explorer.

happy_sad
happy_sad

update releasing soon
shitposters coming to /scg/ again with stale bait
Every time

TechHater
TechHater

Too many hard counters to missiles with too limited ammunition to make them worth the hardpoints, when you can just get a DPS boost by putting a multi or something there instead.

Skullbone
Skullbone

'Stale bait', yeah because your game has no new content retard

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Is it dificult to get?
What is its purpose?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I would have liked to see the Type-10 have a fuckhueg PP and distributor. Weak shields, armor tank, beams everywhere.

This, it's a Diamondback Explorer. Good ship.

takes2long
takes2long

Get close enough to get a few hits. Module damge will take care of the point defenses, then they are victim to collosal external module damage

Illusionz
Illusionz

It's a small ship, not too expensive. Shouldn't be hard to get. It's purpose is long range exploration although it also works as a small smuggling ship due to its low thermal profile.

Snarelure
Snarelure

I thought the high cap mod only increases the magazine size not the total ammo you can carry?

Playboyize
Playboyize

Sounds awesome I might start playing to fly a ship like this.
Gotta set the bar low on my dreams and goals cause I really don't feel like grinding for months for a big ship.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

It also has LTI because the green clearly makes it a new and different ship

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

I love how fucking dead scg is. No comment on AtV, no comment on RtV. Literally no one gives a fuck. I got some good work done in ED and was hoping an evocuck would have something to say, or some meaningful "leak disguised as a car commercial", but there's nothing.
What a waste of everyone's time.

SniperGod
SniperGod

What a crock of fucking shit. Way to whore the ships out for a meaningless sale that does nothing to push the game forward.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

It's not like there's anything to talk about. ATV was a glorified commercial for the sale once 3.1 launches and nobody watches RTV because of santa. The past "leaks" have also never been meaningful in any way.

w8t4u
w8t4u

It's not like there's anything to talk about.
Why the fuck is there an nda when CIG has told us of all the content in 3.1? What are they hiding?

TechHater
TechHater

Gamebreaking bugs that idiots would inevitably post all over the internet because muh 'this is what 7 gorillion dollars look like lololololol'

hairygrape
hairygrape

You can do that now with the current release, I don't see your point.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

It's a middle-tier ship in terms of both size and cost, relatively inexpensive with basic outfitting. It's definitely especially well suited to exploration, but also works great as a general purpose runabout ship for players to get around quickly with thanks to its huge jump range and adequate internal module space.

For a brand new player fresh into the universe in the starting ship, I can't imagine it would take that long to buy one. For reference, fully upgrading the starting ship costs about ~1,000,000 credits and can be done in 1-2 days easy. Whatever you trade into after the starting ship will probably run ~2-3m credits to buy and outfit with grade-A modules, and all the next-up-the-chain better ships from there will run between 6-10m depending on outfitting and what you want to do with it. The Diamondback Explorer (DBX) falls right in this range, and you can set up up as a basic shielded trader for about 7m. This is probably 1-2 weeks of solo play for someone who only plays a couple of hours a day at most, but could easily be done in 1-2 days if you join up in a wing with another player or two.

It's also only one "tier" below the most popular single ship in the game, the Asp Explorer. An ugly as sin but good-at-nearly-anything vessel, which costs between 13-45m to buy and outfit.

"Big" ships tend to cost 500m+ to fully outfit and can't do anything the AspX or something else in the same price bracket could do, they just do it bigger.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

dailymotion.com/video/x6g98zr
Not like this, no.

whereismyname
whereismyname

AspX is the most popular single ship in the game
I believe you've forgotten the Cobra.

massdebater
massdebater

Oh no. Good thing backers don't see that. That could end the whole thing
t. no one ever. What a bunch of shit ass cowards. That's what the fuck they are worried about in an alpha? All these opportunities to own this shit and make it part of the SC development experience, and they think hiding and hoping no one notices will start working eventually.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

after its fulled kitted out, is it still viable in the "end game" as an explorer or will I be forced to upgrade to a better ship to keep exploring?
My attraction to the ship was mostly based on looks so I don't know if I wanna move past it.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Maybe theory craft it out on coriolis. I know before it absolutely could not run any real weapons with the class 6 distro.

King_Martha
King_Martha

I didn't forget about the Cobra, but the Cobra is well behind it's three larger multi-role brethren. Probably mostly because it doesn't take that long to get an AspX if you already have a Cobra, and it's better in every way.

Attached: Capture.jpg (87 KB, 816x714)

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

There is no end game and you're not forced to upgrade to a better ship. In terms of exploration jump range is what you're looking for and the Diamondback Explorer is one of the best.

FastChef
FastChef

Hey man don't diss Unity like that. Even it doesn't deserve being compared to Starshitzen.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks man!

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Only a couple engineers get rank from exploration data. Inara's engineer page has nice details about each individual engineer.

Techpill
Techpill

Diamondback Explorer is fully capable as an "end-game" exploration ship, and still a popular choice for lots of people who could afford a more expensive ship.

People regularly take them on some of the longest exploration trips there are, such as to Sag* A (center of the galaxy) and Beagle Point (opposite side of the disk). When it's fully "engineered", which is the in-game system for crafting improved ship components, I think it actually has the longest single-hop jump range of any ship there is. That's really important when it comes to navigating "thin" parts of the galaxy where stars are few and far between, and also just for going large distances quickly.

Firespawn
Firespawn

The explorer anaconda edges it out in terms of jump range but the cost is a lot higher in terms of engineering and credits.

Honestly the dbx just feels like the kind of ship you would explore the galaxy in and its the coldest running of the 3 main explorer ships. Also dbx a cute.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

the main difference between your pic and
is that the aircraft in your pic can be flown almost entirely by instrumentation, whereas ships in star citizen focus almost entirely upon line of sight to avoid objects

Nojokur
Nojokur

The only major drawback to the dbx is the fuel scoop is too small. The asp-x gets the nod from me only because the 6A fuel scoop can actually keep up.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

shouldn't it degrade and get dirty like that over time? Why is it shipping fresh from the factory with pre-scuffed and dirtied surfaces?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

muh industrial look

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

You've never seen dirt, grime, and shittyness in this much fidelity. Fuck how the game plays if it looks good though, at least that's what CIG seems to be saying.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

There's also the Diamondback Explorer's little brother named the Diamondback Scout, slightly cheaper a bit more maneuverable but smaller/weaker ship that looks as cool and would be even easier to get for a new player.

Not sure about the Explorer since I haven't owned it, but the Scout can be used as a lower tier combat ship quite nicely due to it's maneuverability.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Anaconda is good at everything, but it's not even remotely close to the same in terms of time / credit cost. An Anaconda is the sort of thing someone might buy after a months long surveying trip into the black in their DBX, not the kind of ship you'd buy to go exploring as a new-ish player.

Not really a huge problem in my opinion, I never minded having to chill in the corona for a bit waiting for my tanks to fill up. It's not THAT slow with a size-4 fuel scoop. Only takes about 30 seconds longer than it takes my Adder to fill up, which has way less (like 10LY) jump range un-engineered.

With how cool the DBX runs, it should be easy mode to skim fuel off stars.

hairygrape
hairygrape

I don't really understand how the anaconda only has a hull mass of 400 tons. That's less than most medium ships.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Thanks user, you sold me this ship.

Is it as good as the DBX if I wanted to switch the exploration after?

eGremlin
eGremlin

It caps out too early. If there is ever engineering for fuel scoops that increases the rate, it would probably be ok. I'm more interested in crossing the bubble, so seamless jumping is more important to me. The DBX is good for about 600ly before you have to stop, if you just skim what you get jumping. The Hauler is a flying fuel scoop. It refuels completely in the cooldown and is so efficient, I dropped the fuel tank to 1t and traveled fuelable stars only. It's non-stop to anywhere at that point. I would get an asp-x if it could do the same trick, but I think it will be a little short.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

It has a noticeably shorter max jump range but still more than enough to get started on exploring. Also the game supports you swapping ships quite nicely as you basically get paid the full amount back when you exchange parts/ships. So you can easily get started with the DBS and move onto DBX once you can afford it. DBS only costs like 500k compared to the base price of 1,8m on the DBX.

TechHater
TechHater

Yeah, it really doesn't make any sense. Considering the Chieftain and Clipper, both much smaller ships in terms of cost / size / capability weigh exactly the same. Anaconda must have some pretty fancy materials science or something to be that light. It's 180 tons lighter than the Federal Dropship, I mean what?

Too popular to nerf, I guess, or just not enough ships in that size class. There does need to be at least one ship in that size / cost with a good jump range. It's definitely not the Type-9, Type-10, Cutter, Corvette, or Beluga though. I'd like to see them add something for those rich players who want to fly a huge ship that is suited to exploration. Some sort of extended range deep space yacht / survey vessel or something. Then they could bump the Anaconda's mass up by 50-100 tons without completely fucking over a ton of people.

Nojokur
Nojokur

Alright it seems like I'm going for the DBS first then, cheers user.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Why don't we just antimatter nuke the known thargoid sites and all ammonia worlds??

eGremlin
eGremlin

Plot armor.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Based on what you want, I'd suggest going Sidewinder->Adder->DBS->DBX for your ship progression. That gives you a nicely spaced, consistent upgrade path to your goal. Adder is one of my personal favorite ships too, it's the cheapest ship that I would call "good for anything".

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Are the Chieftain and FAS the same thing?

happy_sad
happy_sad

dying in a FAS

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Fuck no. Given equal pilots and engineering, FAS would likely get played. It doesn't handle that well, it's only good compared to the other Fed ships. All the cheiftain footage I've seen was very worrying for a FAS. Better convergence, better maneuverability, and I bet equal or better armor.

Snarelure
Snarelure

coriolis.io/outfit/type_10_defender?code=A2putpFplkdpsff61p1p1p1p1m1m1m1j1j0300030303010404B7fh2d2d2b2b292927m92d.Iw18ZVA=.Aw18ZVA=..CwegjOIAwgbKMCmBDA5gG0ScVdA=

4 large turreted cannons, 3 medium cannon turrets and 2 small
all have force shell engineer upgrades, all low power
no one can get close without getting blasted the fuck away
all pips in shields, 1 to engines, 1 to weapon
should they get down your shields 4570 INTEGRITY, FOUR POINT DEFENSE, ONE ELECTRONIC COUNTER MEASURE
can't aim at your modules cuz force shell
fighters harassing enemy ship all the time
just as you're about to do the smallest of damage, SHIELDS BACK UP. BIWEAVES BITCH

Explain to me why this isn't the ideal Type 10 body.

FastChef
FastChef

is not that expensive in comparison with the others so it leads me to believe I should strive to get out of the sidewinder as soon as possible. Is that right?

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Anything with more modules and better gear will make you more efficient at getting the next ship.

WebTool
WebTool

You'll want to get out of the Sidewinder anyway as it's starting jump range is terrible and the area you start in is basically designed to force you to either switch to a better ship or upgrade the FSD if you want to go anywhere.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Increased mag size, same number of reloads = more overall capacity.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

yeah about that look...
it's totally wrong. engineering sections of pretty much all large commercial vessels are kept like pic related. They are all brightly lit, organized, well ventilated and clean. The reason they're brightly lit is so the guys working on them (actual engineers in many cases) need to see what the fuck they're doing, they're kept clean and organized in order to quickly identify developing problems and things that are out of place.

Not every ship needs to be a stand in for the nostromo

Attached: F-Sala-Macchine-nave-portacontenitori[1].jpg (338 KB, 1600x1200)

Soft_member
Soft_member

I don't think anyone at CIG has ever seen how they actually do things in real life, user.

askme
askme

Everything is a straight upgrade over the starter sidewinder. Even the eagle, a dedicated combat ship, has better jump range and more room for cargo.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Because we need to "study" them.

Besides, the Thargoid sites must penetrate deep, deep into the ground to be able to collect and process resources into meta-alloys the way they do. You could vaporize them with antimatter, and they'd regrow anyway.

I'd suggest getting all A-rated modules in the Sidewinder before you upgrade. Usually the cost of properly outfitting a ship exceeds the cost of the hull anyway, so hull price isn't a great indicator of the cost of a shit. It'll cost you about ~800k to do, which will give you a great head start on outfitting the Adder.

If you buy an Adder when you've only got 100k, it's going to be pretty shit.

Spamalot
Spamalot

The one game where they don't have to use dirt to cheat for detail, and they use dirt for nostalgia. They don't have to hide bad textures with shitty lighting, they use shitty lighting still because that's what everyone else does. It's derivative like everything else their art department does.

Bidwell
Bidwell

This is a good point. All ships come with minimal weaponry and the cheapest, lowest rated modules so you'll want to upgrade pretty much everything on any new ship you buy and that's before you even get into engineering to make it even better.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

So I have to buy all A-rated modules first and keep swapping them to every new ship I buy, and then I start the ship progression?

hairygrape
hairygrape

Just a tip, when you upgrade, sell off all your modules that aren't the right size for the next ship individually and replace them with the lowest tier. Module exchanges get 100% of the price back, but when you sell the entire ship you take a percentage loss on the transaction including all the installed modules.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

As you move to bigger ships, you'll want to buy bigger modules. No point hanging on to your A rated powerplant if its twice as small as what you can now fit on your shiny new ship.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Here's a few costs to give you an idea, of different early game ships outfitted with Grade-A modules, shields, and full cargo holds. Numbers do not include weaponry or utility modules.

Sidewinder
754,000cr
15.56ly laden jump range
8t cargo

Eagle
1,890,000cr
16.71ly laden jump range
8t cargo
+speed +manueverability +survivability

Hauler
1,245,000cr
16.37ly laden jump range
14t cargo

Adder
2,244,000cr
17.43ly laden jump range
18t cargo

w8t4u
w8t4u

This. Nostromo style is generally appropriate to cargo spaces where everything important is inside protective containers anyway, and crew quarters depending on the crew temperament.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

You don't have to A rate everything. It depends on what you're doing. E, C and A modules all have the same mass, D has the least mass so explorers tend to use them to get more jump range and B has the most mass as it has the highest integrity. Pretty much everyone runs with D rated life support and a lot of players go with D rated sensors as well.

RavySnake
RavySnake

You'll carry your A-rated modules over to your new ship, unless they need / can fit a larger size module. Then you can generally get away with the undersized Grade-A until you can afford the bigger one.

Protip: Save your stock Grade-E core modules so you can put them back on your old ship before you sell it, as you can't leave a core component slot empty.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Yeah, this. I like to get A-rated everything because it makes the ship feel better, but it does reduce the jump range a bit.

Frame shift drive is the one you'll ALWAYS want grade-A for. I also pretty much always run a grade-A power plant (they have better heat efficiency, you can even drop down a size sometimes to save on mass), and thrusters because shit thrusters will make you more likely to crash when docking and stuff.

cum2soon
cum2soon

All they have to do is increase the jump range potential of the larger fsd while increasing the mass of the conda

DeathDog
DeathDog

Why are some fed rank up missions not giving me a rank up even though i am at 100%.
i know i'm at 100% because each time i rank i'm at 100% again due to massive amounts of reputation.

Booteefool
Booteefool

I think I'm going for the eagle first Based on this looks like the most fun and and its cheaper than an Adder.
Thanks a lot for the tips anons.

DeathDog
DeathDog

It's a shame that people will never start reacting negatively to some of CIG's bullshit sales. Like this St Patrick's day one. It's nice that they are actually doing something (the photo contest) but they instantly destroy that good will earned by then selling the same goddamn ship in their store.
Because you're not at 100%, you're at 99.9998%. Stack Fed rank up missions and do them all. It's a good way to get some additional free grind and a good way to say fuck you to Ftroop.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

I am at 100%, it happened before i done the rank at 100%, it didnt work, done another then magically i ranked up.
I was also at 100% after that one ; with no grind missions, so i was clearly over the mark.

iluvmen
iluvmen

Stacking rank missions apparently doesn't work due to the way they're designed. You complete the mission and it increases you to the next rank. However, any other rank missions you have will also increase you to that same rank when completed. You have to get a new rank mission every time you hit a new rank for it to work properly.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Ahh, ok.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

No problem, I remember how overwhelming it was when I started back in December. None of this is explained very well in-game, so it's easy to feel lost.

This link will take you to what I'd consider a good goal for a new player to work towards as an upgrade from the Sidewinder. The cargo slots can be swapped out for other modules if you don't want to run cargo, but everything else should be good for whatever you want to try.

eddp.co/u/JNu2rocS

This is also just the best tool there is for planning ship builds and figuring out costs.

Snarelure
Snarelure

542 mj of shields
My viper 4 has more
4570 integrity
Nice watching your powerplant fail at 91% hull and your canopy needing constant afms to not explode. My corvette has 4700+ shields and 3000 hull.

The biggest problem with the type 10 is the shields because hull tanking with a ship that easy to hit is a meme. One viper with 2 class 1 missile launchers could snipe your powerplant in the duration of a chaff. Meanwhile that cutter still has shields forever and it can't be mass locked.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Stacking rank missions does work, unless Ftroop has changed something recently. I got my Fed rank up significantly thanks to this.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Not OP but for him, if he wants to make money early on do some imperial.fed data missions.
Easily 1mil a hit once you're allied.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Oh, bumping the life support up to C or B grade wouldn't be a bad idea. It's pretty common for new players to fuck up and jump into a system with no way to re-fuel and not enough fuel to jump out. If that happens you'll have to call the Fuel Rats (a player organization) for a rescue. If you're dead out of fuel and on life support, grade D only give you 7 minutes before you die. A higher grade life support will give them more time to locate and refuel you.

Bidwell
Bidwell

Goidlets are ez as long as you don't let them tag you with corrosion.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Remember to pick up the mats too, so you can do 2 CG's at the same time.

Booteefool
Booteefool

I did courier missions to get my Adder, and then struggled and struggled and struggled trying to make money bounty hunting or doing mercenary work. Just isn't happening solo though. Ended up fitting my Adder out for exploration, then used those funds to buy a Vulture and an AspX. Last few days I did some trading, and it's actually pretty relaxing and the profits are solid. Was making ~1.5-2m an hour with the AspX, made enough money to buy a Type-7. Now I'm on money street, headed straight for a Type-9 and then an Anaconda.

askme
askme

how is that a pro-tip, he can just store any decent modules and it'll let him buy a replacement E grade, even if the station doesnt stock anything for that ship

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Thanks anons, I really have no idea what I'm doing right now and I was bound to ask for something like this eventually.

does this happen often when you are on an Eagle?

King_Martha
King_Martha

It's good money for me, i've made 40 mil today while half assing it and getting ranks too.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Sothis/Ceos for fed. Mainani/Ngalinn for imperial.

Methshot
Methshot

Running out of fuel only happens if you're not paying attention. I've never had it happen to me. As long as you remember to buy fuel whenever you dock somewhere or use a fuel scoop you won't have any trouble unless you're going on a long trip thru anarchy systems that lack scoopable stars and you can avoid that by setting up the route plotter to avoid systems without proper stars.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

ass scoot
About where it belongs.
I refuse to believe those CobraIV numbers are legit though.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

I think Fed is for me cause the gunship is looking sexy, maybe after some comfy exploration on the DBX I can get into one.

Oh, it should be ok then, thanks for the heads up!

I'm going in guys!

5mileys
5mileys

It doesn't necessarily happen often in an Eagle, but it happens often to new players who aren't used to planning their routes.

Cobra IV is only available to original backers. That's why it's so low. I'd buy one if I could.

Evilember
Evilember

DBX is comfy.

Attached: 20180120222109-1.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080)

idontknow
idontknow

DBX is still my favorite ship.
Chieftain might have beaten it out if the Nacelles rotated like the DB's.

happy_sad
happy_sad

I didn't like the chieftain. It felt really twitchy to me and i could never aim well, also too slow.
So i moved straight back to my clipper with grade 5 dirty drives.

King_Martha
King_Martha

What are you talking about? FAS edges out the Cheiftain in maneuverability, speed and acceleration. Its profile also means the canopy and thrusters are better protected.
What the Chieftain has is a bit better potential DPS owing to more hardpoints, and amazing convergence for out-skilling shitters with some fixed weapons.

Attached: canape.jpg (15 KB, 484x168)

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

I can understand why someone might not like it.
I love the look of it, so I'm really looking forward to more ships from the Alliance. But the chieftain's got a little too much drift for me to feel like I can really work well with it, I could still wreck shit with rails on it though.

askme
askme

PROTIP: The Hauler's hull is so ultralight even a C1 shield just about maxes out its shield capacity.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

How is this for a <600mil corvette build >
beta.coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/federal_corvette?code=A0putpFklndzsuf57r7r7l2727191904040404040202034k5sfh3c050s9bm92d6l2b24.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZlA=.H4sIAAAAAAAAA42QOxIBQRRFH2MwRun5MIPIZwiVkEgoU5bADmYZFmABlmEZFmABIrGivOs9VUPaHXSd7nOq+lPiFRG9KzLVry6RyZ5AcvaJUOZElWySGThE7SYDHVVdXY5PRiKH+79o+wKiS03KQyzRTSK4vFQvSN4CQGPnEQ2VRkoTpakSqrwvyihPiWbzB9A7hqIMrwvl38tyUi43CZW+N8mUENhEoU0U2USxTZTypoiMflwYyHOzoCUK9B8fHkvQ9YUBAAA=.IwegLCoAwgzATCGBTAhgcwDbJJK+g===&bn=Best and achievable corvette

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

So I was just skimming the manual for the original Elite.
Wonder if we're going to see any other aliens any time soon.

Attached: [SWEATING-INTENSIFIES].png (51 KB, 707x273)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

They're talking about the actual rank-up missions, not all the rep missions.
Like if you take 4 missions that all say "Will promote you to Ensign" the first one promotes you from Warrant Officer to Ensign, and then the subsequent three proceed to promote you from Ensign to Ensign again. You need to actually get promoted between taking each rank-up mission. That said, the rankup missions themselves award a ton of rep anyway so it's not like you'd be hurting your overall progress.

iluvmen
iluvmen

Given Fdev says players have explored less than 1% of the available systems in the game I've wondered if there are entire alien civilizations out there somewhere just waiting to be discovered. Realistically I doubt it but it just seems so depressing to think people are exploring further and further away from humanity and will never find anything interesting. What is the appeal of exploring if there's nothing to find but more dead planets just like the ones you've left behind?

iluvmen
iluvmen

I've got a feeling that will start once they get earth like atmospheric landings.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

you were born just in time to yiff in ED using a VR
What a day to be alive.

Illusionz
Illusionz

does this happen often when you are on an Eagle?

It's not a ship thing, it's a negligent pilot thing. You avoid running out of fuel by paying attention to your fuel gauge and your route.

Important notes:
When you plot a route on the galaxy map, a solid orange line between stars means you have enough fuel to make that jump. A dotted orange line means you will not have enough fuel unless you refuel somewhere along the way before you get to that jump.
Smaller jumps are more efficient with fuel. You get more LY/ton overall but using economical route plotting takes multiple eternities to actually get anywhere.

If you have a fuel scoop you'll also get an icon showing you the last available scoopable star on the route before your fuel would run out. You can only scoop from stable main sequence stars. Brown dwarves, protostars, dead stellar remnants and the like provide no fuel.

Booteefool
Booteefool

If you have a fuel scoop you'll also get an icon showing you the last available scoopable star on the route before your fuel would run out.
It does that without any scoop for me.

Illusionz
Illusionz

It's a common thing on the map, you don't actually need a scoop for it to show up. If you do get a scoop, in your galaxy map under the star class filter, set the visible stars to O,B,A,F,G,K,M stars. They are your scoop able stars, and be sure to scroll down and tell it to apply the filter to your route. Now you can refuel at any star on your route. I typically just scoop at every star.

Bidwell
Bidwell

Cobra IV is only available to original backers. That's why it's so low. I'd buy one if I could.
You misunderstand. I am a backer and have access to it. I'm simply in disbelief that even that many people would use it. It's hot garbage. Its shtick is cargo space but it's so slow and unmaneuverable that it's a sitting duck and fights worse than a Type-6. May as well just use a T-6.

Also pay attention to your powerplant fuel reservoir. It's the thin bar above the main fuel bar. It's separate from the fuel you use to jump, but if you run out in the reservoir it will refill itself from your main tank and reduce the fuel available for jumping.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

My trip out to Dav's Hope was the first time I came close to running out of fuel. I hadn't set the course plotter to only plot thru scoopable systems so it took me thru quite a few systems with brown dwarves. My fuel tank was down to about a quarter when I started worrying and replotted the course using only fuel stars.

Inmate
Inmate

Also note that you can disable modules you don't need to save powerplant fuel. You may be carrying quite a few systems you only need to use occasionally and the rest of the time they're just burning fuel for no good reason. Undeployed weapons don't use fuel but other modules will. Obviously you need your thrusters, FSD, life support, sensors and shield if you're using one but most everything else can be disabled if you're just exploring.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Chieftain might have beaten it out if the Nacelles rotated like the DB's.
The back ones do though.
Also it has Aliens-style underside floodlights when landed.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Remember you can set your route planning to fastest in the Galaxy map. Just make sure you have enough fuel/scoop as it requires a lot more hydrogen per LY.

SniperGod
SniperGod

The back ones do though
Not in flight.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

This.
If you're planning on exploring surfaces, always take the lighter but higher power vehicle hangar, then disable it until you need the SRV.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

STAR CITIZEN WHEN

idontknow
idontknow

NEVER

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

what's with this fake ass webbum

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Yes, the rank up missions. You can stack them, complete them, turn them in and it gets you additional rank. I used them to get 20 extra % at some of the later levels.

Emberburn
Emberburn

I don't know how to catch Mitterland

MPmaster
MPmaster

HELP
E
EL
P

I'm doing some planet exploration missions where I have to search for a spot and then drop my scarab
I've done plenty of this before but now I'm having a hard time doing them
as soon as I approach the atmosphere to start scanning for the spot, I drop from supercruise to normal mode and I can't look for it anymore
wtf is happening

Attached: 1520992028959.jpg (60 KB, 1014x1024)

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Have you tried using the self-destruct exploit in your functions panel?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Did you keep the search zone targeted during approach in SC?

Booteefool
Booteefool

yes
I've done this many times before and it just scanned the surface looking for the right spot, now it just disappears

what

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

asp explorer
that ship just screams o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7

o7 cmdr!

Attached: DEREK-SMART-WAS-RIGHT-ELITE-DANGEROUS-.jpg (92 KB, 1024x576)

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Is that a player ship or are the devs being cheeky cunts and stirring the pot
If the latter that's admittedly pretty funny

Skullbone
Skullbone

The former. The devs had no idea what that FDL was doing and thought it was just trying to hog the screen.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

No, just some based E:D fag. As you can see the man child with the imaginary snake friend is in a state of shock.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Okay now it's even funnier.
The expression on the beardy bloke makes it look like he might know what's up, but isn't going to admit it.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

No, he just makes that face a lot. He had no clue.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Of course they know. The fucker lives in their forums even after having been banned a few times.

farquit
farquit

So you're trying to tell me the E:D Community Head has been banned multiple times?

Attached: #prayforparis-#Germanystandswithyou.jpg (17 KB, 480x480)

Skullbone
Skullbone

They literally look like crusty old losers
wew

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

If I launch a fighter, I don't need to worry about the hanger being operational unless the fighter dies right?
I want four rails on my FGS, but that'll put it just over 100% to needing to shut down the fighter bay.

DeathDog
DeathDog

At that point everyone gives up when they realize they need to give their lives away in order to get enough money for the next ship.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Is there an up to date guide on powerplay? I think I very slightly took a peek around when it came out but I don't play the game much and I kinda want to unlock the pack-hound missiles.

Emberburn
Emberburn

You know about setting power priorities right? Just set your cargo hatch and anything else you don't need during combat to a lower priority so it gets disabled first.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

I do that. It's still too high, but if I shut down the fighter hanger I'm good to go.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Well then it should be easy enough to test. Launch a fighter, power down the bay and see what happens.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Not that guy but Destiny 1 only became good after several expansions which added lots of QoL stuff to the game. Each expansion brought in new players as the price to content ratio improved
Then Destiny 2 came out with nearly all those QoL features removed and minimal content because nu-Bungie figured they could totally get away with selling their game 3 times again. Now it's dead and good fucking riddance.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

wheel physics don't have to match design in a computer game.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Watching this thing drive around in ATV was pretty cool, can't wait to try driving it in the PU tfw will probably spend more time driving around doing sweet jumps in cyclone then I've ever spent playing in previous iterations

Attached: cyclone.png (701 KB, 1280x720)

Snarelure
Snarelure

flown almost entirely by instrumentation
So can SC ship, you have far better HUD and vision than real aircraft do, can fly stationary, auto-landing.
Air fighter of the cold war already avoided radar by flying low in mountain pass and they didn't complain about not having a 360° bubble glass as cockpit to see the ground for that, landing and dogfighting.
Stop thinking of Freecam of Duty infinite warfare and accept the WWII/cold war aesthetic

Attached: 1517866414653.jpg (874 KB, 1920x1080)

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I dont even know what is going on with this build.

First off you only need a 6d fighter bay. Also your shields are really really low for a corvette. You can hit 3k with good resists easily with some engineering. What are the repair limpets for? Also your going to find your weapon loadout hard to use due to hardpoint placement. Either multi-cannons or particle accelerators are best on the 2 huge hardpoints. I would drop the repair limpets and upgrade the armor and shields. You don't need 2 heat sinks you need shield boosters and reactive armor.

Also consider taking more cargo racks. The corvette is good armed hauler with those size 7 slots. All in all I would say that the corvette is super fucking strong but you need to play to its strengths not not build it like a retarded fed brick.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Actually they did complain, sight visibility from the cockpit was the number one complaint from pilots. They just couldn't come up with a better design at the time.

Source: I was there.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Point, but it goes with the context

Attached: ScreenShot0131.jpg (422 KB, 1920x1080)

MPmaster
MPmaster

when the fans make better time on developing a game than your team of paid professionals
why wait?
youtu.be/95cDgEt4fxs

Attached: 1376346975894.jpg (729 KB, 2728x1800)

Methnerd
Methnerd

when the fans make better time on developing a game than your team of paid professionals

premade engine
premade assets
premade shitty vehicle physics (glued to ground + keep upright)
premade sounds
dont have to code anything related to damage, fuel, shields, hull integrity, sub systems, etc

gee i wonder how they worked faster than CIG

7/10 made me type all this shit

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk

RavySnake
RavySnake

user, tell me about elite major powers. Who is the nice guys and who the biggest cancer of the galaxy? Don't wanna side with wrong guys and get on the wrong side of history.

happy_sad
happy_sad

There's no difference at all and the ranks are meanless gateways to further rank but the only way ftroop could think of to gate off ships.

eGremlin
eGremlin

boring

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

In terms of lore:

Federation is the old earth, its like EU in space, they endlessly bicker about shit in parliament and in the end its megacorporations that call the shots anyway.

The Empire are basically space celebrity libertarians who fucked off from the federation to avoid regulations and they are all about charisma, they genetically engineer themselves practice slavery (dude nobody forced you to take that loan) and zip about in cool Gutamaya pleasure yachts.

The Alliance are space mary sues, a band of frontier independent governments in a loose alliance that only exists playing the two major powers off against each other.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

The other powers are not considered as major?

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

this physic glitches at 0:59 that will take month to correct
no cargo & weapon management
original Cryengine [use] functionality
no "get inside" animation
no view jerk due to acceleration

5/10 triggered me

8/10 made the world smarter

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

The Federation is very specifically Space America, with a Congress and Space Force One being the presidential ship, and the main issues being disenfranchisement and overbearing corporate influence.
The Alliance is Space EU, with the main issues being lower coordination and unity making them less effective.
Empire is something a bit different, being futuristic Romans, kind of sort of.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Nah, those are the three real big players. Pilots Federation and Sirius Corp are probably comparable, with massive control over almost all spaceflight data and hyperactive respectively, but they are militantly neutral politically.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Attached: 600i-StarCitizen.jpg (604 KB, 3840x2160)

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Attached: mall-cop.jpg (2.93 MB, 2755x3674)

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

No other sizes of this image found.
Please lose weight

Nojokur
Nojokur

I'm going to practice combat in RES sites with my vulture
what weapons should I pick?
I'm a complete combat noob

Attached: vulture-default-defaultpaintjob.jpg (291 KB, 1520x1080)

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

fixed pulse lasers, most people would run gimballed, but for practice it is better to use fixed

cum2soon
cum2soon

1 multi cannon, 1 pulse

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

why? I tried both in the training missions and fixed seems harder

I heard multicannon is the best choice usually
I have a pulse laser, what's the difference between a pulse and a beam laser?

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

fixed seems harder
you said you wanted practice, right? playing with autoaim won't make you better, which is why I am recommending you take fixed

idontknow
idontknow

you're right, thanks user

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

fixed is harder but it does more DPS and it's cheaper
also you said you wanted to git gud
once you're comfortable with fixed you can engineer two efficient plasmas and then the fun really begins

SniperWish
SniperWish

well I'm really looking for a cheap option so that's good, thanks user

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Practice FA off as well if you aren't.

5mileys
5mileys

It's the truth.

Techpill
Techpill

what is FA?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Also for your question about pulse/beam, pulse is usually better because you can keep firing it without worrying too much about heat or power. beam does more damage but really drains power and generates a lot of heat

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Flight Assist, it is bound to hold z to turn it off by default IIRC.
It is what makes the game WW2 dogfighting in space. Turn it off for nasueating, hard to control, proper 6DoF gameplay.

FastChef
FastChef

people un-ironically defend high-grade emissions hunting on the forums

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Space legs for Elite Dangerous When?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

When SC plays at a decent framerate, a.k.a. never.

whereismyname
whereismyname

What's the current state of persistence in Star Citizen? Can I earn shit that I'll keep between logins? Can I lose shit like ships or other things I bought or earned by paying? Will anything carry over to later releases for sure?
Wondering if it's any fun to play with a friend now. If you start at the same point every time I don't think I'd like it, but I also don't want to risk anything in a janky early build.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Yes
No
No
No

Bidwell
Bidwell

atmospheric landing first please

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

SC is busted shit and will most likely remain busted shit for a long time. Come back in a year at least.

viagrandad
viagrandad

Okay, neato. I'll try it out again then. Thanks senpai.

Methshot
Methshot

I've read that vulture has power drain issues, thanks for the tip user

I tried turning it off but couldn't, didn't know I have to hold z, thanks <33

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Eh, I don't really care if it's busted, as long as there's some sort of progression then I can be bothered to see myself how busted it is.

whereismyname
whereismyname

Vulture has power problems as in power plant, distributor is just fine.

Inmate
Inmate

There is no progression apart from buying space clothes. You can buy different ship components but afaik they don't do anything apart from slightly changing your signature numbers, which has no effect because detection range is still a flat number that's the same for all ships.
And ship outfitting is broken anyway.

farquit
farquit

When I say it's busted, it's completely busted. Most of the ships have serious handling, combat, or functional bugs that make getting a ship all the way to a destination without a CTD a crapshoot at best. The framerate is fucking atrocious and you will watch your computer struggle to run 15fps while your gpu is idle. The people that do play regularly are snarky assholes that think the game is somehow not unplayable as they spawn cats and starfarers and tank the server for everyone. It's just a bad experience from beginning to rage quit. It's just under 40 gigs, try it for yourself.

King_Martha
King_Martha

You can change it to a toggle and probably should if you want to use it in combat. Especially if you don't have fancy arbitrarily chordable keyboard.I know when I am adjusting my attitude diagonally, thrusting and translating diagonally my axial rotate gets locked out. Be prepared to dick with your controls forever till you get something you like.

Emberburn
Emberburn

arbitrarily chordable keyboard.
wut?

FastChef
FastChef

Had to look up the proper term, "n-key rollover". Lets you push all the buttons at once without dropping any keystrokes (like in my 5 keystrokes blocking a 6th example)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

fwiw, the Corsair Strafe I'm using lets me hold down strafe while I work the mfd and can tell the difference between me holding a key and doing a shift+key at the same time. I don't know what the limit is, but more than I use at once in ED.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

have urge to finally do Ram Tah missions
apparantly they're broken
Thanks frontier

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

finally get a ship that I want to be in all the time.
look up engineers.
This shit is just retarded.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

At least they're not as bad as they were pre 3.0

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Attached: Bask-in-his-greatness.jpg (40 KB, 600x480)

Techpill
Techpill

I don't really know where to even get half this shit.
What the fuck is a Meta-Alloy, and were do I get one?

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Meta-Alloys

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

From barnacles, but iirc they're still being sold in maia because FDev didn't bother to remove it after barnacles got fixed

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

no shamrock bobblehead for Paddy's Day
Actually somewhat surprised, seems like an easy sell. Then again there's no technicolour easter egg on a spring either.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

I don't think the Irish like it when the British profit from selling their plants.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

I doubt they care. That shit grows everywhere in that zone of Europe.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

So do potatoes

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

I'd rather they made the game fun first

Spamalot
Spamalot

The more I look the worse it gets

Illusionz
Illusionz

Which version should I get?

Attached: Cyclone-variants.png (479 KB, 1920x1080)

Methnerd
Methnerd

50 fucking dollars each

eGremlin
eGremlin

Every RES site I go the NPCs are no lower than EXPERT what the fuck
I just want to shoot some useless retards (just like me)

Attached: 1603ba8067d8619fb7f7c42ed3e9bb2e-elmo-crucified-in-department-store.jpg (92 KB, 600x800)

Soft_member
Soft_member

The version that has good physics on it

MPmaster
MPmaster

Try non-compromised nav beacons.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

None, those things will be cheap as hell come the final game, at least back with something more exotic

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

people unironically buying $50 fake cars in a never-to-be-released spaceship game

t.50 IQ point man

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Why are you even here, big man?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

I'm playing the superior game.

WebTool
WebTool

Dude, a lot of effort went into these cars. They should charge at least 80 bucks for them.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

12 hours to get here, hopefully less to get back.
I won't even go out of my way for waterworlds this time.

Attached: almosthome.jpg (12 KB, 346x129)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Darnielle's Progress is also the best place to sell any you scavenge despite being an exporter of them because of the arbitrarily high price there.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

why go so far

Bidwell
Bidwell

Jump range?

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Frame shift drive operating beyond safety limits Alert.
What did she meant by that?

hairygrape
hairygrape

Get out of the star's death beam.

StonedTime
StonedTime

40 million credit passenger, I needed to go at least 5k out for an engineer and twin neutron stars sounded awesome.
41ly AspX with a 3A scoop. I regret not optimising my load before setting out.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

3.1 WHEN

Attached: 1452954535176.jpg (396 KB, 1920x1080)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

fugg

w8t4u
w8t4u

Don't listen to this nerd, the death beam is full of jump distance flavoured candy.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Enjoy your FSD malfunctions.
Not without a scoop it isn't.

Evilember
Evilember

I just realised

3.1, 3.2, 3.3 heck even 1.0 will all have the same release data

Never.

idontknow
idontknow

well meme'd

girlDog
girlDog

powerplay bounties are STILL unremovable and STILL make a ship and its modules hot and increase transfer fees

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

As you probably already know, the ship voice says that when you're in the tail of a white dwarf or neutron star.

What you may not know is that it plays that clip for everyone in the system whenever someone does it. This is the high level of quality we've come to expect from our frontier dads.

5mileys
5mileys

pulse is such ass boring shit
be a man, go 1 beam + 1 frag

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

RN with dust devil skin
matte black finish
place beacons to enable landing in "bad whether" zones
map terrain while doing sweet jumps

Attached: cyclone-RN.jpg (39 KB, 522x259)

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

are burst lasers fun

Emberburn
Emberburn

no, they're just pulse's slightly less gay older brother
go beam or go home

SniperWish
SniperWish

What if I don't have the distributor for beam lasers and Im tired of pulse lasers

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

what are you flying?

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Bursts have the best energy-to-damage ratio out of all three lasers but they run hot.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Courier. I have tons of power capacity but I don't know if it can handle a pair of beams. also I don't I'm gud enough for fixed beam lasers, so they would have to be gimballed

idontknow
idontknow

Fixed beams are actually easier to use than pulse/burst if you're having trouble aiming, you increase the window during which you're guaranteed to impart at least some amount of damage onto the enemy. Just don't hold the button down while you're not aiming right.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

I'll give them a try before I engineer them I guess

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Attached: wew.png (279 KB, 676x578)

FastChef
FastChef

Being this new

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

toggling flight assist off for the first time

Attached: 1490452852019.gif (1.9 MB, 255x191)

DeathDog
DeathDog

You know, given that I found that by opening the link Veeky Forums supplies with every post...

Attached: gris.png (105 KB, 799x928)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

$180 million
I will remember this in five years when this fucking game still isn't finished

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

I love the huge flip flop shitposters had to make for this game.
Derek Smart was right! 90 days! It's a scam!
Uhhh, smoke and mirrors!
Uhh shit, never coming out!

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

and people thought ksp was an early access scam

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

trying to defend the fact the game wasted 180 million dollars with just "it's actually coming out someday"
ahahha holy shit imagine being this invested

whereismyname
whereismyname

How long until RSI pensions? You give $1k a year to CIG until the game releases, then 80 years down the line you get your in game pension.

5mileys
5mileys

Try it inside a station

Methshot
Methshot

tfw tried landing with flight assist off

Attached: 1475595939225.gif (2.19 MB, 252x280)

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

I do wish the game would give you a better representation of your motion vector than space dust. Something like a simple direction vector over/on your ship model and it's three components so you could counteract things more accurately without using 6 analog axes.

TechHater
TechHater

desu star shitizen is a scam, and FD are hilariously incompetent.

When this whole space sim revitalisation began, I'm sure we all expect some real tough competition and both sides would be excellent in their own right.

What we ended up with is a race between two spasming paraplegics rolling on floor using drinking straws and spit to propel themselves

Lunatick
Lunatick

Don't do pulsar highways without an AFMS onboard.

Attached: fuckshitdamn.jpg (9 KB, 389x162)

SniperGod
SniperGod

long range exploration without an AFMU

Attached: space-think.gif (1.54 MB, 480x264)

WebTool
WebTool

I figured I'd just pop off to the core for a few hours, it is so well traveled it is barely even a day trip.
Or so went my train of thought. I do not claim to be a clever man.

MPmaster
MPmaster

With neutron highways and engineering its a day trip but its still long range, any exploration further than the Pleiades should really have an AFMU

RumChicken
RumChicken

just finished a trip to sagittarius a*
about 20% done for the journey back home
I don't think I could ever make it to Beagle Point. I'm far too careless with my ship.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

those exchange rates at material traders
jesus fucking christ

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Attached: just-do-it.jpg (269 KB, 659x295)

DeathDog
DeathDog

I'm far too careless with my ship.
If you go via colonia it should be doable if you can manage Sag a*

5mileys
5mileys

Learn from my mistake, bring an AFMU (and maybe repair limpet controllers if you are really careless.) More ammo takes relatively common mats for both.

SniperWish
SniperWish

literally almost 8000 units of grade 1 to cross-category grade 5
It's like FD doesn't understand exponents.

Methshot
Methshot

combat maneuvering
how

likme
likme

Put your ship in reverse retard

Skullbone
Skullbone

is anyone able to land at Palins research centre?
I keep getting CTDs whenever I'm about to enter glide on Maia A 3 A.
its happened 4 times now. I just want to pin the dirty drive blueprint

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

see enemy
walk backwards
epic post

Bidwell
Bidwell

Wasted 180 million dollars
Gee whiz Billy, why does your mom let you be stupid?

RumChicken
RumChicken

Pretty much.
If you daisy-chained your way up through each intervening tier, an insane exchange rate is the sensible, expected result, but direct exchanges should be much more efficient. It encourages a tiny bit more thought in how you convert between them.

Additionally, while I can understand making data mats behave like physical goods from a mechanic balancing standpoint, the fact that there's a cap on the numbers of them is fairly stupid.
Also, while I can understand making them behave like physical mats, that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer a different system.
Perhaps you piece together a library of scan data both mundane and unusual that reflects your experience, and you can purchase datasets to complement your own scans for cash, physical goods, mats, services etc. depending on the broker. Access to your own library helps engineers tune certain modifications and serves as a part of payment.

viagrandad
viagrandad

wtf? you reverse TOWARDS the enemy you cretin

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

you walk backwards toward the enemy
I put my ship's ass in his face? wtf?

Attached: 1517711132033.jpg (22 KB, 300x336)

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Dont worry, thought he was still posting on /y/.

Lunatick
Lunatick

finally unlock bill turner
dual class 4 plasmas on the corvette, fully engineered
my first target ever using them a sidewinder
actually one shot a ship for the first time

Holy shit these things are fucking awesome. How did I go so long without them?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

At this point I'm more waiting to see if D**** S**** will keep his full denial hat, if the coward will forget his own promise or if he'll off himself.

That's the only thing not guaranteed
Next star citizen stretchgoal is pity money for DS

WebTool
WebTool

dailymotion.com/video/x6ggp07

Playboyize
Playboyize

everyone who criticizes star citizen is derek smart
it isn't being laughed at by tens of thousands of people for its colossal fraudulent crowdsourcing failure
the absolute state of scucks

FastChef
FastChef

Do people actually fly fully without FA? I have a button on my hotas bound to it so that when I hold that FA is off and I can make turns with it.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Yes, flying pure FA off gives you an advantage.

cum2soon
cum2soon

Did they get any better really? I mean, it seems like unlocking more levels for the engineers is a bigger pain now or maybe I misunderstood how it works after the change.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

No more having to repeat for god rolls and material traders despite their cost reduce frustration.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Its definitely more of a grind, but at least they got rid of most of the RNG aspect.

takes2long
takes2long

I don't buy it. I decelerate quicker with it turned on.

Bidwell
Bidwell

With it off your lateral acceleration is faster and is not capped below your top speed.

Emberburn
Emberburn

Doubt (x)

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

This requires no faith on your part. Fucking do it in-game.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Off the top of my head your turning is faster in FA off, but the automatic braking done by the flight assist is more effective, so flipping between them can step up your agility.
If nothing else, FA Off lets you more easily pull stunts like flipping around to shoot a pursuer without dropping any speed.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

You can orbit targets, you accelerate/decelerate faster (assuming you are canceling your movement vector correctly), even the fastest ship will have trouble getting on the flank of a Type-7 (not that you should be fighting in it), if the adversary ship leaves FA on.The additional bonus is that if you are good at FA off, you can rely on fixed armaments on most hardpoints. Basically, extremely high skill ceiling that lets you punch way above the normal effective capability of your ship in combat with a rather high skill floor which makes you look white girl wasted when you don't meet it. Set it on a toggle and try to get used to it gradually, learn to hate the fucking mouse controls not switching modes. I personally find pure keyboard input works better than mouse and keyboard if you don't have a complex dual stick or HOTAS.

Does the supercruise magic targeting computer brake work in normalspace? I know you can drop your landing gear and scoop as an e-brake in normalspace.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

if you don't have a complex dual stick or HOTAS
I have a HOTAS though. Mentioned it in my post. Personally I have problems with Fixed weapons just because of how inaccurate my stick movements are. Maybe I should play around with the settings more but it's really hard to make small adjustments to keep fixed weapons on target.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

automatic braking done by the flight assist is more effective
Yes this is what I mean.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

I know you can drop your landing gear and scoop as an e-brake in normalspace.
All this does is cut your throttle in half. You can accomplish the same thing by pulling back on the throttle.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Literally fuck you CIG. This fucking bullshit is so annoying, just fuck off with your nda bullshit. No one fucking cares about bullshots and cherry picked fuckery like this.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Attached: good.png (315 KB, 354x817)

Bidwell
Bidwell

When the fuck is Homeless Santa going to die from a heroin overdose?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Who would've guessed that CQC can be fun?

Firespawn
Firespawn

coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cutter?code=A0pytxFslxdxsCf67k16161c1cw1w104-------4s070505fmCe37--1vP9.Iw18ZFA=.AwgsIyurwo==..EweloBhA2AWECMcQFMCGBzANikiIFA==
Can I outfit this to mine in HazRes and automatically explode pirates any cheaper? (Cutter for reasons.)

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

If it had been a F2P standalone game, you would probably have people to play it with.
Use the link shortener tard. There's a link button just for that reason.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

No one's actually stupid enough to think the dailymotion videos are done by an evocati without permission from CIG, right?
Everyone else realizes that this can't be anyone but CIG sanctioning these particular "leaks" right?

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

pcgamesn.com/star-citizen/star-citizen-land-claim-virtual-property-law

xDDDD

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Have you considered that it's just someone pulling videos posted by others from the evocati issue council/autismo spectrum?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

CQC is alright. There's just zero incentive to play it and it's decoupled from the main game so it's always out of sight and out of mind.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

But why

Skullbone
Skullbone

I'm not saying that's impossible, but I don't buy it. Each clip is too perfect and apparently staged for me. Each clip is directed with a beginning and end. It's not random gameplay.

Bidwell
Bidwell

second life tier lawsuits over SC in game property
Holy shit, it's coming.

girlDog
girlDog

Adding to my previous post, the camera pan around the Freelancer bug should have been a dead giveaway. It was a signature AtV move.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

It is I, content manager Jared Huckaby. $5 million of backer money have indeed been spent on professional video production in an attempt to make it seem like patch 3.1 actually exists. You figured it out, congratulations.

JunkTop
JunkTop

No matter if you are HS or not, kys.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

I spoke to James Chang of the international law firm Pillsbury
Their view is probably going to be biased considering their mascot works for CIG.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Alright, someone sell me on Elite Dangerous. It's on sale right now, and I'm considering buying it.

likme
likme

It's really only worth getting if you get Horizons with it. The other DLC is cosmetic only. Half the game and all of the end game is Horizons though.
They don't sell it separate, it's just the season pass.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

If you have no other games to play, do it. Else you're just gonna spend hours swapping screens while the game and FDev have fun.
It's not a bad game when it's for cheap but it's definitely lacking any gameplay and everything is tedious.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

There are gameplay loops, it doesn't crash to desktop on a regular basis and it has lots of pretty things to take screenshots of.
It can also be very tediously grindy, Horizons is basically mandatory and the developers seem to be slightly head up ass looking at vision.

5mileys
5mileys

Oh yeah, what said can't be overstated. The devs absolutely hate fun and will kill any fun anyone has, it's so fucking weird.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

That said, in what I presume is a Christmas miracle on account of the UK getting snow in March, they are actually reducing the grind by bumping up the data yield from surface sites.

Methshot
Methshot

Have you played Euro Truck Simulator 2? If so Elite is sorta like that only less engaging most of the time.

Firespawn
Firespawn

Buy it as a flight sim/truck simulator rather than a space pew pew videogame to get the proper mindset of what a lot of the gameplay is like. Fun if you like doing mundane space things in mundane space travel future.

girlDog
girlDog

Yeah, did you miss the part where surface station are heavily defended now? You will have to land outside the patrol area of the ships and drive in. Super fucking annoying in most planets.

girlDog
girlDog

Yeah, those missions need more work. Using your ship made them laughably easy, but doing them in the SRV is a fucking hassle.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Why would they do that then?

RumChicken
RumChicken

It just depends on what "heavily defended" means. If the existing ships just work now, it might not be that big a deal to take them out, but I wonder if their respawn boundary will be the same as the skimmers?
Uhh, hype? Did you notice there's a sale right now? Have you seen the reaction on plebbit? There are a million reasons to leak convenient gameplay like that.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

It's on sale right now
Really? Where? Looks the same on Steam to me.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

If I played and enjoyed NMS, will I enjoy this?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

NMS is a turd
E:D is a slightly more polished turd
so yes you'll enjoy it.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

It's a dashboard simulator with way less story. As long as you understand that planets are a tiny minority of your time, then maybe?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

PSN

Emberburn
Emberburn

All those videos have like 3-figure views. If they want hype they just need to put some upcoming ship footage in ATV.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Try the Yamiks video comparing NMS, ED and SC. It's mostly fair, if a bit harsh on SC. They're all varying kinds of crap right now, but if you have enough Space Autism for NMS, you'll probably enjoy Elite.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

PS4? I wouldn't recommend playing this game on that system.
You have to spend most of your time flipping windows looking up info which they don't even fucking provide in-game.

cum2soon
cum2soon

If you have a smartphone or tablet you can just use that to access the third party sites that provide the useful info though. You can also use them to watch movies while you're in supercruise and there's not a fucking thing to do ingame.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

It's whale bait. That's not targeted for a large audience because they are using the bugs to show off features. Each clip is perfect in that they have an annoying but not game breaking bug wrapping a new feature, like the new mobi-glas, new armor, planet outposts, and haha look at this bug, thank Roberts for the avocados. Each bug was carefully chosen and used as an excuse to film some feature that's not in the game. Each video has the same pattern back to the car commercials.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Yeah, you experience all the cool planets from orbit. If you liked driving the Mako in ME1 then you'll probably like the planet driving experience though.
I'd look up what exploring is like to see if it intersts you.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

enjoyed driving the Mako in Mass Effect
enjoy driving the SRV in ED
can confirm

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

how do I avoid going past my target like a fucking retard just like he did everytime I'm fighting?
I'm trying to position myself under or behind him but he just goes fast then turns, then goes fast then turns

Attached: 89724834-352-k755431.jpg (18 KB, 352x550)

happy_sad
happy_sad

Have you considered learning to fly your ship?

askme
askme

Apparently it requires using your maneuvering thrusters but I'm not very good at it either.

Supergrass
Supergrass

yes I'm trying to learn you butterass

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Yeah, it's basically the Mako but (almost) done right. The terrain is far more interesting, gravity matters, the minor points of interest are fractionally more interactive and the major ones much more detailed and intricate. Gravity effects matter and handling physics has more reality to it, with the one glaring issue that you will ramp off every rock the size of a basketball.

Slow down when they do or you'll go shooting past. When you have a lock on them it tells you the distance, see if it's going up or down. Turn when they do. That's more or less the core of it, if you have a more maneuverable ship. If they're pulling up, you can get a tighter turn on them by pulling up harder, and then thrusting down at the same time to avoid going above them. This is helpful to pull them into the center of your view if they're pushing at the top edge of your screen. Same thing works downwards, but since your view and your hardpoints are usually biased to the upper surface, it's better to roll and then pull up instead.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Gravity twice
Welp time to put away the whisky tonight I guess.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

The terrain is far more interesting
No it isn't
gravity matters
No it doesn't
the minor points of interest are fractionally more interactive and the major ones much more detailed and intricate.
No they aren't
Gravity effects matter and handling physics has more reality to it
AHAHAHA no they fucking don't

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

gravity doesn't matter
Yeah nah, low-grav iceballs can fuck right off with all the sliding.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

I have no problem following them when they are close and using my vertical thrusters to position myself
the problem is that some enemies ram at me when they are at 2km, then I try to turn but they are already 2km away from me facing me and ready to ram at me again
I'm not turning slow either

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Have you tried turning flight assist off so you can spin without changing direction?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

No they aren't
I don't think you remember just how bland Mass Effect Mako planets were.

Maybe let them come at you, keeping your speed low while you close, then wind into reverse to be close on them as they go past. You can use FA off to flip over without playing silly buggers with your throttle and thrusters to keep at a decent speed.

askme
askme

I have it on ps4, its not that much of a hassle once you get the hang of it/know what you're doing but the learning curve at start is painful.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Like most of the time exploring is just dicking to a brown dwarf, honking some iceballs and wishing your warp would charge faster.
Then sometime you warp into nice pretty things like this.

Attached: nicestars.jpg (356 KB, 1915x1086)

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Outfitting my conda to go thargoid hunting, i know their weapons do bleed some damage through shields, but what kind of damage do their weapons do? Should I up my resistances or just go for pure strength?

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

They deal caustic damage. The standard three resistances are worthless so it's all about raw strength.
Only meta-alloy hull reinforcements incorporate any sort of caustic resist but since it's a very small amount and they can't be engineered they're pretty useless.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

You're going to want as much hull strength as possible m8y
I'd also load up either prismatics or bi-weaves

Soft_member
Soft_member

I've already tanked up as much as possible whilst carrying reinforced 7A shield, a fuel scoop to get there and a fighter hangar with AX fighters.
Ahhh right, didnt know if any of their weapons did thermal damage or not, do you know if the point defenses can shoot down caustic missiles?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Question: When you "unlock" a thing at the technology broker, does that mean you're free to buy as many of that item as you like, or you can only get one and then have to "unlock" another one?

likme
likme

You can buy as many as you like, but iirc you can only buy them from places with the technology broker

TechHater
TechHater

Good shit, now I don't have to spend any more hours grinding blueprints

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

They try, but the missiles are basically torpedoes. The PD would have to shoot at it for a long time before actually destroying it. They're also slow like torps so it's usually more effective to just evade it or snipe it out of the sky with a railgun.

Inmate
Inmate

500 tonnes to get selene jean and upgrade your hull
Jesus what the fuck was FDev thinking
I mean it's comfy but it gets old way too fast.

FastChef
FastChef

heading out on a trip
in a ship with a 12ly range and a scoop that takes three minutes to fill up the tank
See you in a year when I get back from Felicity.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

what ship are you flying?

Spamalot
Spamalot

FGS, in what is basically just my "tool around town" set up.
I should have stripped it down, but I might get distracted and end up in a combat zone, so I'd like to be able to do that.

I've only myself to blame.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

evil overlord
mostly harmless
clean
o-okay

Attached: ok.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080)

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Everyone has to start somewhere, user.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Ships that can fit a hanger bay should have them as a specialized slot. The FGS would literally be everything I've ever wanted in a ship if it had one smore size 4 slot that I could put anything in.

Emberfire
Emberfire

XDD funny! o7o7o7

Nojokur
Nojokur

Don't ever buy E:D.

askme
askme

Bought two copies just because you told me not to

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

I'm looking at getting elite, do I need the horizons pack too? or can I fly around and murder things without it?

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

/You don't *need* Horizons, but you're missing out on a decent amount of shit without it.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

is the planetary stuff really all that much?

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

It's required to access engineering which acts as a force multiplier for your ships, most of the newer ships are Horizons-only and many gold rushes that crop up are planet-side.

Bidwell
Bidwell

You absolutely need it if you want to be competitive (even fucking NPCs are using engineering now (look it up)) and yes it is shitty

SniperGod
SniperGod

so I take it comfy space trucking isn't really a viable means to earn creds?

iluvmen
iluvmen

Barring a goldrush trucking is fine, assuming you're filling up a big ship on haulage missions for the same destination.

Booteefool
Booteefool

kind of starting over again, haven't played since beta
I have a vulture (I think)

SniperWish
SniperWish

Don't bother buying Elite without Horizons. Without it it's a very generous demo.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Is 4 beam lasers and a size 3 plasma accelerator good for a python

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Comfy space trucking is a completely viable way to make money. You can earn 1000-4000 credits per ton easily on a <40LY trade route, only trading to stations less than 1000ls from the jump in point.

I'm currently earning 1.7m per run in my Type-7 on a 30ly loop, only two jumps each way, pretty comfy. Another ~30 runs and I'll buy a Type-9 and really be making big cash.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

NOTHING is good past a certain point, the devs are retards and expect you to play for a thousand hours before getting the ships that are actually able to fight the thargoids without getting btfo.

Emberfire
Emberfire

If you want to be out of power and running hot all the time.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

kinda but i'd use fixed fragment cannons instead of lasers for maximum dakka, since the python is mobile and you'll be flying close to your targets a lot.

likme
likme

So this means your ship automatically deactivates the system authority link in the specific jurisdiction you are wanted in? Or it deactivates completely if you are wanted anywhere?
Or does it deactivate in say, all Federation terriroty, if you wanted in a jurisdiction aligned with the Federation?

DeathDog
DeathDog

Anywhere someone could blow you the fuck out and claim a bounty on you without even needing to use a KWS.

MPmaster
MPmaster

lol

Attached: 2018-03-15-21-47-38-Elite-Dangerous---Home.jpg (335 KB, 1920x1199)

Snarelure
Snarelure

that's a man, right?

Supergrass
Supergrass

regardless of gender
nah commander, she is just ugly o7o7

Booteefool
Booteefool

It doesn't matter if she's any good at the game or an entertaining streamer you have to like her because maybe another chick will fuck me if I virtue signal hard enough that I support women.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

buy the best FSD for my conda
barely scratches 20ly range

What witchcraft enables people to get to 60ly jump range?

Attached: HfETbw2.png (627 KB, 1353x976)

likme
likme

engineering

RumChicken
RumChicken

You have to strip down the weight and engineer the FSD.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

If you have a vulture then you can probably afford a type-6 to do some cargo runs with. I can quite easily grab a couple haulage missions that total 1m+ for my type-6 and don't usually take more than 15 minutes to do. On top of that its jump range gets good so you can even kit it for exploring or whatever else trips you gotta do around the galaxy like unlocking the various engineers.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

It is. Those lads at Daedeleus in Sol regularly give out cargo delivery missions ranging from 3 million to 8 million to neighbouring systems. But you need big cargo capacity. The 8 million mission usually comes with 180t cargo.

Methnerd
Methnerd

frameshift drifting
You were actually able to disable flight assist in supercruise back during the early alpha tests.
You don't have reverse or lateral thrust in SC though so it wasn't very controllable and would have made the proposed interdiction mechanics impossible by being able to supercruise backwards.
youtube.com/watch?v=hj2MXw8t_40

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Attached: futureshape.png (17 KB, 220x225)

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Attached: allsmiles.png (915 KB, 932x982)

Snarelure
Snarelure

literally an ASP

Spamalot
Spamalot

i thought it was one of those spaceports i can never find the entrance to

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

la creatura

Lunatick
Lunatick

Have they nerfed the fed/imp rank stuff yet?

I have an a long distance cargo hauling Asp, can I use it to do it?

And what do I do/where do I go for the ranks?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Protip: Mailslots always face one of the poles of the body it is orbiting, you can also target it and giant arrows will appear on the side of its hologram in the bottom left of your hud pointing you to the mailslot

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

go to one of barnacle sites to get meta alloys
harvest all but one
while going back to unload SRV so I can get the last one some guy lands
everything's empty
he gets the sole remaining meta alloy and flies away after a while
s-sorry

Emberburn
Emberburn

Where or how the fuck do I get meta-alloys??

I'm at the Farseer engineers place and I need to get them asap

Emberburn
Emberburn

buy them at maia

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

eddb.io/commodity/114

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Attached: Hammerhead001.jpg (800 KB, 3840x2160)

Evilember
Evilember

canopy breaks while fighting
go to outpost, docking request denied until I reinstance
station can't repair me and they don't even refill oxygen
blow up just as I finish synthesizing life support
This was just a cascade of bullshit

SniperGod
SniperGod

And thats why you check outposts have the facilities you want before you travel to them

Methshot
Methshot

thank you my dudes

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

kill yourself

eGremlin
eGremlin

Why the fuck didn't you enter hangar?

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Fuck landing on planets for shit

Fdev literally just made you do that so you spend an extra 10 minutes on the game instead of flying to space stations

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

So I need to buy meta alloys to unlock the fsd bitch, how many should I buy? Will her upgrades require more meta alloys?

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

My favorite is the bullshit "glide" mode where you go 2500 somethings per sometime if you hit an arbitrary angle and speed combo to trigger it and if you fuck it up, it's a 5 minute trip either just flying in or jumping back out and trying again.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

You only require one.

Booteefool
Booteefool

inara.cz/galaxy-engineer/1/

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

You can harvest them yourself too

Firespawn
Firespawn

It's meters per second, and it only has an angle requirement covered by the blue region. Speed will wind down itself. It's really not hard.
If it's really confusing you that much watch the tutorial video.

Emberburn
Emberburn

I just also mean, this is the one spot I can get them, should I hold onto a few more just in case I need them for something else?

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

DISCORD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Evilember
Evilember

turret game play is abysmal
lets build a ship where turrets are the main focus
I swear they don't think any of this through

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

What parts should I engineer? Should I bother engineering my shittier ships like diamondback explorer and vulture? Is it expensive?

RumChicken
RumChicken

I'm an idiot and forgot to put a cargo rack in my ship and the place only offers 2 slot cargo racks so looks like i'm only bringing the one with me

iluvmen
iluvmen

Getting to Maia isn't too bad of a trip with anything that can jump more than 25Ly.

Nojokur
Nojokur

engineering only costs time
diamondback explorer is not a shitty ship as it has the second highest jump range when the FSD is engineered.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

What are the most popular systems and the most popular routes in ED? I'm always alone

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

I'm always alone
Just like God intended :^)

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

God doesn't exist in elite dangerous

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

With material brokers, it really doesn't matter what you do for the 3 categories of mats for engineers. Gather as many mats as you can while you do other things.
Once you are level 3.3 with Todd McQuinn, you get an invite for Selene Jean that requires 10 units of painite and you have to refine 500 tons of ore. This is the only really shitty grind, the rest isn't too bad by comparison.
Hera Tani cigars can be annoying because you have to do them on a Thursday when the PP cycle begins because the system is always in lockdown.
Go to the Community Goals, or engineers. CGs are better for finding a wing.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

LP 355-65 is /oursystem/
Park all your ships in Barba Ring

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

I've been there a couple of times, nobody ever goes there

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

If you engineer a module, you need the required components. I know you can transfer that component to another ship for it to use.

But if you were to get another stock ship, you would need to pay for the required components
again yes?

Or once you have unlocked that module level, you can just unlock it again for any ship?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

By component, do you mean modules? Yes, you need to buy another instance of that module and upgrade it through all 5 ranks again from scratch.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Each new module starts at level 1, but once you have levels with the engineer, you will get past the lower levels much faster on subsequent units.
You only need one module in each class to be engineered because you can transfer them between ships with no penalty. If you are going to have multiple ships, then engineering multiple parts is a convenience if you want to pursue it.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

What happens if I don't engineer my modules

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

You're going to get your shit pushed in when you try higher tiers of combat than a nav beacon.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

At least he didn't fucking kill you while you were in the SRV

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

You don't kill the SRV, you fuck their mothership so they're stranded.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Restarting the game without Horizons puts you in orbit of the planet with 1% hull. A dangerous inconvenience, but you don't get stranded

TechHater
TechHater

meant to reply to

Methnerd
Methnerd

most shitters don't know this

MPmaster
MPmaster

Using buildings and asteroids to hide from enemies is fun

Attached: Elite-Dangerous-03.18.2018---00.02.21.02.webm (2.86 MB, 854x480)

cum2soon
cum2soon

That was fun, we need to do CQC more often

DeathDog
DeathDog

snakemann is my favorite SIRA character

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

FD are so dumb, they could create cool content but they don't give it any thought.

How about a FSD exclusion zone around an enemy astroid base with long range artillery? You are then forced to travel along the astroid ring at normal speed so you can't get one shotted by the artillery. If you're a stealthy ship, then you have to avoid enemy patrols, or you can YOLO it and have to deal with wave after wave of enemies. You have to fight within the astroids or you will get taken out by the artillery.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

And to follow up, once you get to the enemy base then you can unload a bomb from your cargo and deploy or some shit

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Oh shiiiit, really? Dayum, way to make the grind x2 worse for when you wanna outfit a couple ships....

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

That sounds boring and dumb

w8t4u
w8t4u

you can store engineered modules and use them on other ships though, so it's not that bad. also you don't need to fully engineer all your ships. I mostly fly my diamondback explorer and I've only bothered engineering its FSD

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Why does free camera suck?

I want to look at my ship from other angles but as soon as I go to free camera (when the ship is completely stopped) the camera just trails behind like the ship is moving (but when it is definitely not moving)

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

There's a lot of shit FTroop can do. However, what you're describing requires too much work and they'd rather just create one or two assets and then copy and paste them a million times throughout their game.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

conflict zones with these structures in the middle and lots of SLF would be pretty cool.

whereismyname
whereismyname

I was so fucking pissed off when I learned that conflict zones/check points were literally nothing. I was expecting some military infrastructure, or at least ships in fleet formation. Nope.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Can you only choose one engineer path per specific module?

Or can you choose to upgrade FSD range, and then when you complete that go for FSD sequence,, for example. Or do you only choose one and that's it for that module

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Can you only choose one engineer path per specific module?
yes
Or can you choose to upgrade FSD range, and then when you complete that go for FSD sequence,, for example.
no
Or do you only choose one and that's it for that module
yes

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Thanks.

Any idea to get wake scan data stuff near the farseer place?

TreeEater
TreeEater

scan wakes

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

see , but do it at distribution centers in famine systems for more wakes to scan

viagrandad
viagrandad

goto eddb.io
search for systems in famine
go to nearest one
goto the distribution centre
scan wakes of departing ships until you have what you need

massdebater
massdebater

dunno where the wakes are at?

cool i'll look for that thanks

StonedTime
StonedTime

How do you not know where wakes are?

Evilember
Evilember

Alright first time i've been on ED in over a year and there's so much new stuff.
How can this be true when Elite has no content?

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

because fdads are terrible at design and coding

ironically the multicrew turret cam is way, way fucking better, but you can only use it by being the passenger in someone else's ship

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

why would he know where wakes are if he's not done it before? it's time consuming bs anyway, who uses a wake scanner normally? I'd never touched one until i needed that damn scan data

StonedTime
StonedTime

Because they spawn literally anywhere with other ships. They're impossible not to notice.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Sorry user, we've got other shit to do as well. Space is big. o7o7o7

Lunatick
Lunatick

Attached: derek.png (1.53 MB, 1434x928)

happy_sad
happy_sad

I went to a famine place and couldn't see anything called 'distribution centre' but I did see checkpoint and I dropped out there and got shot at so I high-tailed it on out of there

because i'm still new and haven't experienced that side of the game yet?

so in order to get a level 2 engineer upgrade on a module, you have to be forced to buy an experimental upgrade as well??? I got enough material for level 1 and 2 but now it's showing me the experimental stuff and it's showing random materials that I didn't know I needed before until now....

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

There is usually a lot of traffic in the evenings. It's a good home system thats right smack in the middle of all the engineers.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Not every system with a famine has a distribution center. Keep looking for other systems.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

that side of the game yet?
You've never looked at your contacts panel?

viagrandad
viagrandad

Famine systems with high populations will have distribution centers. You will see them on your contacts when you are within 1000 ls from them. They mostly spawn around planets so fly towards those until you get within 1000 ls then check to see if a distribution center is in your contacts. Repeat until you see a distribution centre.

The experimental upgrades are like the bonus on top of the regular engineer uphrade that allows you to, for instance, add a weapon debuff or increase something about the upgrade. Experimentals stay on the upgrade so you only need to choose it once and if you go up to the next level upgrade you'll keep the experimental effect.

To get to the next grade on an upgrade you have to be about 4/5ths capped on that particular grade. So keep rolling until you see the next grade available.

Soft_member
Soft_member

You will see them on your contacts when you are within 1000 ls from them.
Ah cool, good to know

Experimentals stay on the upgrade so you only need to choose it once and if you go up to the next level upgrade you'll keep the experimental effect.
Alrighty, good to know too. Can you swap the expermental stuff with other stuff if you change your mind?

To get to the next grade on an upgrade you have to be about 4/5ths capped on that particular grade. So keep rolling until you see the next grade available.
What do you mean 4/5ths capped? What do you mean by rolling?

WebTool
WebTool

mass manager or deep charged?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

mass manager unless the fsd is less than a class 5 then go with deep charge

Flameblow
Flameblow

Alrighty, good to know too. Can you swap the expermental stuff with other stuff if you change your mind?
Yes you can.
What do you mean 4/5ths capped? What do you mean by rolling?
Everytime you click apply on the engineer blueprint it should fill up some circular progress bars that indicate the new stats of whatever you are upgrading. Once those bars are about 4/5ths of the way full, you can select and apply the next grade of that blueprint.

mass manager or deep charged?
Class 4 fsd and below deep charge unless the ship has a small fuel tank like the viper.

Everything else mass manager.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

do i need to roll each grade until comp!etion for best results or can i just start on the next grade once it unlocks with the same end results?

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

mass manager
Cheers

Ahh I see, awesome, got more juice out of it.. uses up a lot of the resources though, so much grindingggg

you guys have been a big help, thanks for that

Firespawn
Firespawn

Each grade is a massive step up from the previous so you only need to unlock the next grade not cap out each tier.

The amount per roll is affected by your reputation with the engineer so once you hit rank 5 reputation you should fully cap out the first 2 grades with one click.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

looking for Ayy surface site athip16985
just like everything i look on a planet is in the fucking dark side.
im at the coordinates on the wiki.
since its dark i cant see shit and still haven't found the site

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

CIG eventually replace the placeholder
gyrostabilized turrets can now chip away fighter shield in second with 90% precision
fighter take forever to pierce shield
CIG set AI targeting to max to stress test it
crybaby complain about turret being OP
Just you wait

Attached: Turret-WiP.webm (754 KB, 1280x720)

massdebater
massdebater

I bought my first normal/medium exploration ship for E:D. I bought the Diamondback Explorer and I'm digging it but can anyone give me some basic non meme tips on modules & what to consider before going out into the black?

Attached: 20180318043540-1.jpg (310 KB, 1920x1080)

idontknow
idontknow

Do I need to be in open (Vs in private group) to either join other ships in multicrew, or allow anyone to crew my own?

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Smallest D rated core modules except FSD, no weapons, biggest fuel scoop you can fit, both scanners, AFMU's and vehicle bay for SRV, some heatsinks, shield optional.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

turn on your external lights or land and use your SRV's scanner to find it

Bidwell
Bidwell

new bread

Emberburn
Emberburn

What about chaff? What do you mean by "both scanners"?

So everything should be D rated except FSD including cores?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

advanced discovery and planetary surface scanner for maximum exploration profits

SniperWish
SniperWish

you don't need chaff on an explorer ship as you won't ever see another person

Illusionz
Illusionz

Don't fall for the "strip everything so it barely moves and disintegrates on contact for extra 0.5ly jump" meme
Explorers don't fight. Detailed and advanced discovery scanner. Take A powerplant of a lower grade, Ds have worse heat efficiency.

w8t4u
w8t4u

What about chaff?
What do you want to do with chaff when you will not encounter anybody out there.
What do you mean by "both scanners"?
Stellar body scanner and detailed surface scanner obviously. You won't get much out of a cargo scanner when exploring.
d rated
Yes. Core modules should be D rated because they're the lightest and you get more jump range. Downgrading in size is also something to consider. FSD should be the best for obvious reasons.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Take A powerplant of a lower grade, Ds have worse heat efficiency.
DBX has excellent heat managed anyway. No reason to go for a heavier powerplant.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

XD is both heavier, produces less power and more heat than (X-1)A. You can't go lower than 2A on DBX, but 1 extra ton on a ship with 260t base hull doesn't matter and being able to scoop without overheating no matter how close does.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

2D plant on a DBX only increases jump range over a 2A by 0.05 LY at the cost of twice as bad heat efficiency

Lunatick
Lunatick

I did my trip to Sagittarius with a D PP and never had trouble with heat. How close do you fly to the star to fuel scoop?

Snarelure
Snarelure

I'm literally just playing for 5 days so I thought chaff might be useful.. Idk.

I figured I won't be meeting any players and thanks for the help. Do you guys have an idea of how far I'd have to go out to start finding unexplored places?

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

always abide by the cardinal rule

Stay frosty out there... one wrong move, that's all it takes.

Attached: 1508574036249.jpg (375 KB, 800x600)

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Like 1kly. There are fuckloads of stars and most people only go in a straight line to sag/colonia

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

he's not going to cook himself in a dbx unless he literally flies into a star

SniperWish
SniperWish

one wrong move, that's all it takes
No need to tell me. I remember situations like that.

Techpill
Techpill

What are some things while out and exploring that can fuck you up real bad instantly aside from running out of fuel?

Is it true that if you fly "up" or "down" instead of towards the center that you'll find unexplored places much easier as people tend to not do that?

Attached: ktf4xhge2xl01.jpg (642 KB, 1920x1080)

takes2long
takes2long

Sometimes you might end up flying through a star and getting instacooked after a jump, although it could've been fixed by now

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

What are some things while out and exploring that can fuck you up real bad instantly aside from running out of fuel?
Flying too close to a star while scooping for juice. Underestimating a planets gravity when you try to land. Ending in a brown star sector with no scoopable stars in jump range.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

What the hell, how is it possible to "fly through a star"?

whereismyname
whereismyname

It's a bug with binary systems, you might end up being spawned inside another star when you enter the system. Like I said, it could'be been fixed, I haven't done any exploration in a while.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit