/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General

Mid-Week Death Edition

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous is currently in Chapter 1 of the Beyond expansion, patch number 3.0. It comes free with the Horizons expansion and aims to focus on refining core gameplay and new content.

Thargoids have crippled AEGIS-related starports in the Pleiades and are now appearing in human space. Be aware that while the Thargoid Interceptors are not normally hostile, Scout Marauders absolutely are.
Starport repair requirements have been reduced to 10% of their original values and may actually be feasible now.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Patch 3.1 is currently in Evocati and will be moving to the PTU 'soon', 3.1 will be released at the end of March. Alpha 3.0.1 is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/70ACKNKJ

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

Previous Thread:

Attached: 39535217054_15c9947a1d_k.jpg (2048x1152, 544K)

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16458-Q-A-Aegis-Vulcan
twitter.com/robertsspaceind/status/974061470790176768
eddp.co/u/5KNajixx
eddp.co/u/RDUQzQeQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

finally the op is updated

Friendly reminder that the Discord is a fun, accepting, diverse place. Come join us for the best memes! haha

stop man, they're gay as hell but its a stupid argument

616m/s top, 821m/s boost speed. There's still room for improvement. Like I said, not even full 5G dirty drives and I can still reduce weight. Stripped down everything for instance.

I can see why.

Attached: imp eagle2.webm (960x538, 2.97M)

I don't appreciate you using words like 'gay'. Why not say 'silly', or 'not cool' instead?

because they only get together in that chat for the express purpose of same sex anal intercourse

My kids read this thread, please delete such vulgar language.

Nice, my top is 672 and boost is 896, need to engineer some parts as well

Attached: Imperial_Eagle_in-game.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

If you live in the United States or Western Europe they are already lost.

I think Elite:Dangerous is a good game because you don't get everything at once. The slow progression is good character building material imo

sounds gay

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16458-Q-A-Aegis-Vulcan

Fuck off with your discord cancer.

that's pretty rude man

I can be even more rude. Kill yourself you worthless faggot. Fuck off from here and never come back. Sorry ass, faggoty, shitstains like you are never welcome here, ever.

what are some good upcoming space games?

Star Citizen

Rogue System, Rodina, Underspace, Objects in Space and X4: Foundations

This thread is off to a solid start.

Post cool spaceships.

Attached: 1519480624121.jpg (9091x5000, 3.22M)

more like star shitizen lmao

has anyone else made this joke before or am I the first?

Eh, fifth or sixth.

cultists are known as shitizens. It's an age old meme

Hilarious and original

you first

Ok.

Attached: 1999hawk.jpg (1356x944, 78K)

Sounds like your parents didn't bring you up right. If you were my child I would ground you so hard!

would mommy give me milkies?

Attached: IMG_20180310_082113.jpg (1920x1080, 216K)

Lewd

speaking of upcoming space games
whats going on with starfighter inc? read about it a while ago and kinda liked.

Attached: starfighter.jpg (1920x1080, 163K)

huh, reminds me a lot of the Javelin...

*dispicable me meme*

{panel 1}
Advertise the fresh and cool discord

{panel 2}
tell everyone how friendly we are

{panel 3}
I'm told I'm a worthless faggot

{panel 4}
I'm told I'm a worthless faggot!

Check out the discord for more memes like this one. haha

Fuck.
Off.
No one fucking memes here. This is about SC and ED. Take your cancer and go suck a dick to actually contribute something useful for once.

Yeah I can see what you're saying actually. The middle is very similar minus some turrets.

Attached: 1509051224462.jpg (4889x2750, 1.58M)

Holy shit, I thought that was an early build of SC I didn't recognize. I was about to ask what is that ship on the HUD.

haha I get it, you're being sarcastic. lol you're not so unfunny here, maybe I should stick around

There wasn't the least bit of irony in my post. I actually care about this thread because it has lasted a long time and has been a great source of info for both games. The reason this thread is great is because we don't tolerate waifufags, tripfags, and memefags. If you are going to meme about one of the games, it needs to be original, using game devs or the game itself, and not be the meme of the week cancer. You didn't even have the balls to actually make a meme, you just vomited the upboated post on plebbit.
English is a shitty way to convey the message I am trying to communicate in any more extreme terms, so I'll keep repeating myself until every (You) you get has the same message. If your discord is so fucking great, go there and fuck off from here.

this is what you brits call 'banter' isn't it? Don't worry friend the irony isn't lost on me :)

Attached: laughing_game_show_host.jpg (300x237, 27K)

twitter.com/robertsspaceind/status/974061470790176768

Yeah, it actually is lost on you. Do you really think you're the first faggot to have the idea for a discord? You certainly weren't the first here, or the fifth, and most likely won't be the last naive faggot to get told off for your nugamer bullshit.
>go to an user board
>"you know what would be great, is if everyone had names and wasn't user"
>so fucking original
You know, you could kill yourself. It won't be that bad.

y u mad tho

wow it seems like you weren't joking. Why are you so angry?

First of all I'm struggling to see who is who, would you mind signing off your post "user #2" so I know who you are?

Secondly I never knew memes could be such serious business to someone. We just want to have fun at discord :)

would be happy to discuss if you tell me the problems that you have

user#1

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Attached: fred-augis-merchantship-v21.jpg (1920x1505, 537K)

You faggots are the cancer that kills general threads like this. Stupid discord faggotry was behind /kspg/ dying because they wouldn't maintain separation.
Once the main chat happens on discord, this is only a place for the snarky assholes to still post about discord bullshit and stir up even more controversy. I'm not mad because you have a discord or enjoy it, I'm mad because you are threatening our comfy thread and I won't have this place turn to absolute dogshit without making your life hell in the process.

This is the last stand against the hugboxes in SC and ED. You can't have it.

is this user #2?

namefagging and tripfagging are against the rules.

What're the best places for Federal Navy ranks right now?
I want to get this shit done with before they patch it out.

Catfucker? Is that you?

sothis and ceos are the ones you looking for as usual. literally getting nothing but delivery missions

Here's how to answer that question for almost anything you want to grind.

- eddb.io
- select Stations
- Allegiance is either Fed or Imp
- State is Boom
- use Sol for the reference system
- go to the end of the list, or furthest system away

you are on the wrong side of history. The Elite Dangerous Discord (EDD) is an open, tolerant and accepting place. People like you are NOT welcome

Keep it there and be correct somewhere else, you worthless faggot.

So this is where you go when you get kicked out of /egg.

Same bit though, posing as a newfag and shitting up the thread. You need new material, Catfucker.

namefagging is against the rules

I didn't give him that name. He proudly gave it to himself on /ksp

>open, tolerant and accepting place
>not welcome

Attached: 1471672483787.png (245x186, 66K)

Attached: 20170619212829_1.jpg (276x425, 32K)

mfw my false flag trolling gets any mention of discord banned here

mission accomplished lads

Attached: hehe.jpg (317x267, 12K)

Ah nice I didn't hear about a new X game

Overload, if you count games technically set in space and with full freedom of ship movement.

so where's the game?

You can buy Elite:Dangerous on Steam.

read it and weep, dads

Attached: Elite Dangerous 03.14.2018 - 20.09.00.04.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

supposedly, the evocucks are playing it, but no one really expects any meaningful change since the bulk of improvements were pushed out of 3.1

i dont buy early acces games

Been Admiral for over a year now, son.

I stopped playing this because most of it is spent waiting but not long enough to do anything else. Has that changed at all or is still something you mostly just watch?

I'm about to take a load of collector limpets into a CZ. If the ships drop loot, filling up for engis should be a cakewalk.

Except some will only drop from hauler/trade ships and not combat.
Fucking FDev with their incomprehensible drop loot table.

I'm thinking a RES may be better for that. It's really good if you go pirate hunting, but you need a lot of limpets or you have to fly around a lot picking stuff up. Annoying when some anaconda and clipper pirates drop 10+mats.

Pack a 5A collector. You can release up to three limpets that lasts for 12 mins each.

I have a 3A for 2 collectors. Just got to find the right spot.

RES Sites in Anarchic Systems are second to none for human npc material farming, noncombat and combat ships of the civilian varieties each have their own tables of loot in this regard

>Anarchic
That was the detail I was missing.

yeah you can just kill shit without repercussion. as long as the populated anarchic system has some rings around gas giants or whatever the hell you're off to the races

I would rather just skulk around and collect the mats while the pirates do their thing. If I run out of miners, I can finish off the pirates and move on. They shouldn't target me with just limpets, and I'm only after mats.

what will often go on is that the background pirate swarm will pick on and pick out individual ships that will then just be hopelessly overwhelmed. I'm not certain 100% as to whether or not this is the case but one has to land a hit on the target in order for its material drops to propagate on death from what I have experienced, but they might've changed this. a small plinking weapon to register your participation in the downing of the entity should be all that's necessary in this case, though, and limpets alone in your hold won't get you any attention at all past hard stares by tough cunts

Attached: 1507306432557.jpg (1200x1084, 156K)

There has to be a place where I can get the npcs to do the work. Maybe a higher security system so I can just ride the cops coat tails. When I was mining for Selene Jean, the cops were constantly busy. I wonder if I baited some pirates in a res with some cargo, if the cops would do most of the work like they did when I was mining.

Thought I quoted you here,

anarchic resource extraction sites feature aggressive AI that will passively fuck each other up, space cops are much of the time far less vicious than pirate on pirate or pirate on miner shit. often times you can draw a miner into a fight and the nascent pirates will sniff the blood in the water for lack of a better phrase and start shooting the shit out of them too. with total passivity in mind i'm not certain how easy your life really will be in an anarchic RES but i'd argue it's easily your best bet

they're constantly preying on one another for insignificant cargo and often times the pirates will spawn with reasons within them for other pirates to attack them in the form of cargo

Fuck, that sounds more interesting to watch. As long as they draw mats.
This is the final frontier in ED. If we can break the grind for engineers, the dads will be totally defeated. Mat brokers opened the door, now we need to break it down completely and find the fastest way to fill up for each broker.

on how to accomplish what you're aiming at:
small long-range laser (kill whoring, arbitrary ammo)
maneuverable/fast ship (to turn effectively/zoot over to remains)
upgraded sensors for detection range (better able to see fighting emerging)
big limpet module (collection)

I just got my funship. I could go full rampage and just kill everybody, but I'm trying to work from laziest to most annoying, and I would like one of those npc furballs if they would kindly drop mats for me.

eddp.co/u/5KNajixx
super basic but might begin to fit the bill, anything smaller and i don't think you can pack the size 5 limpet governor

oh wait you need cargo for limpets lmao recalibrating

>limpet controllers for 5 limpets
>4 cargo slots
Where am I going to get the 5th limpet? Carry it in my lap?

give me the rundown of SC Bankruptcy and E:D failure to execute

Attached: comfy cat.jpg (1149x891, 139K)

okay this is more along the lines of whatchu need
eddp.co/u/RDUQzQeQ

I've been wanting a reason to get an asp-x, I just need to go take some aggression out with my new ship first. Then I'll take some pictures of things with an asp in front of it.

dope. the asp E is very good. its jump range (in sheer numerical value along with longevity/efficiency) is pretty much in the same ballpark as the diamondback explorer right now and arguably it's a better SRV platform given that you can fit more of them inside more comfortably, or so i think. beneath its juicy geometry to shoot at it is mildly capable in combat especially against small vessels in small quanitity but a BIG BIG multirole in the scope of the game. many many more people will sit in an
>ASPIE
than they will in a python, and its internals are conducive to more incremental investment were one more along the lines of starting out in ED. I went to Sagittarius A* in mine back in vanilla bobilla and it was a smooooooth ride past like one warp in through a binary configuration. nowadays with engineering they're tabula rasa on many fronts.
in addition to this it is one of the only ships that can carry eight torpeoes with a straight face. in a heat sinking/silent running configuration the asp E has been employed in gibbing massive prey with gangs of other commanders so watch out muthafucka
i do that shit in a fer-de-lance

Attached: 20160721003127_1.jpg (2560x1440, 624K)

you ruined it. now I don't want one.

t. coredynamics kuk

Attached: 20160916125139_1.jpg (2560x1440, 588K)

>actual space ship vs 10th grade geometry problem.
hmm...

what kind of space ships do you like then user

Attached: 20170430123924_1.jpg (2560x1440, 442K)

Proud Federal ships with strong conservative values that center on the family.

Attached: T0aJxQ4.png (1282x602, 556K)

FDS and its siblings then my dude, FAS being the zippiest among them. the corvette is a tad slow for my liking for anything more than backyard npc liquidating

>winglets in space and on airless planets
>wings also too smol to do fuckall when atmospheric landing finally does come out around a year after space legs and SC

Attached: can't land for some reason.jpg (1920x1080, 479K)

Attached: scpill.png (949x971, 870K)