Depersonalization disorder

has anyone here overdosed on caffeine before and a result of that; had a panic attack?

i had 600mgs of caffeine with some puffs of weed and hookah, and i had a full blown panic attack
ever since then
i have been experiencing depersonalization/disassociation disorder/ anxiety/ vertigo/numbness, ever since that day.

i feel like im high all the time, my head feels dizzy all the time, everything seems so foreign to me, i get surges of anxiety for no reason, feeling sick in the stomach constantly, i have dreams/nightmares every single day about death, money, girls, exs.

im just curious if anyone here has cured it or have experience going through this... it's terrible.

or atleast anyways to help ease this bullshit...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FvLF0_8a-cA
youtube.com/watch?v=Aa60FdWbdYY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

600mg isn't an overdose by any scale unless you're a 4'10 80lb girl
maybe you're just in a shitty situation general and it's aggravating your anxiety

see a psychiatrist

U retards and ur drugs

This is why i dont mess with shit that fucks with my brain

Caffeine metabolism is genetic senpai. Some people process it faster/better than others.

Man up you fucking pussy, mr Hyde has 400mg per half scoop. Pre workout and weed I'm high I'm dizzy I'm dreaming I'm so crazy, you are a pussy, are you sitting at your house doing this ? Go to the gym then do a hard drug this weekend so you know what a massive faggot you are really being

ive had that much before, and i was fine. i guess it wasn't an "overdose" per se, but it was definately the weed that fucked me up. I was fine and normal before then, now im feeling like im in a dream and im high all day and feeling delicate..

you clearly dont understand what this is lol, its a complete altered perception of reality, alongside other debilitating issues, its not a matter of manning up. trust me...

that's never happened to me with caffeine, but the first time I did acid I didn't break the tabs apart and instead put a sheet in my mouth with a number of tabs on it (don't know how many). I ended use realising but it has already been in my mouth for a while. my brain pretty much fucked out and I was high for a good 24 hours. I feel like ever since that night I'm not the same person and that it changed me permanently.

youtube.com/watch?v=FvLF0_8a-cA

do you just feel off? have you lost a sense of your self since that day? could you elaborate more on how you don't feel like the same person?

stop drinking caffeine
stop doing drugs
stop using tobacco
stop drinking alcohol

suffer through the first few weeks and enjoy your clear and energized mind.

the only downside is you become a lightweight at everything. I can't drink 4 light beers without getting buzzed and hungover now.

I understand it 100%, if you are truly deiabilitated from caffeine you had a lot more than 600mg or like I said, you are a pussy

This is a disorder? That is exactly how i feel everyday.

the panic attack is what set it off bro, its not about being a pussy. i think you just have to go through it to understand.

did you start feeling like this from a panic attack or you have always felt like this?

are you speaking from experience bro? have you had depersonlization before? thanks alot for advice, i have been staying away from all drugs

That shit only aggrevated your already existing anxiety. Weed has anxiogenic properties though, so better quit it at least for now.
Congratulations on entering an existential crisis!
It sucks fucking dick, but with every day it slowly gets better. This is actually a fruitful period in which you will, and should, reevaluate the direction your taking.
Pills won't help you, cognitive bihevioral therapy works if you can find a good psych to work with you, also book like panic away and similar shit helps because it breaks the illusion that anxiety is a "disorder" and a "sickness" that you have, and helps you realise that you are both stronger than it and in control.

you just need to do something in order to make up for it

like go for a long ass run in the woods till you nearly pass out..then you may have a realization

thank you so much bro, you really made me feel a whole lot better, at this part ". This is actually a fruitful period in which you will, and should, reevaluate the direction your taking."
have you been where i am and come out the other side? are you fully cured? thanks so much for your input bro, you dont know how much it helps me

bro i been trying, lifting weights really helps. its the one thing in my day that brings me back. but only temporarily

it really does...just keep lifting and stick to a routine...even try to look into more things you can do in addition to your lifting...even if its cardio (treadmill. going out for runs) or extra exercises in the gym..

my feelings of depression and depersonalization is just from the fact im unhappy with how i look at the moment, so going out is difficult because im incredibly insecure...hopefully when i finish my cut this summer this feelings can be left behind

>I had a panic attack on WEED and A MODERATE DOSE OF CAFFEINE
>GUISE DO I HAVE DP
No you fucking idiot, you get DP from bad acid/shroom trips through psychosis and/or egos death. Fucking pussy, grow a pair

My gf went through this years ago and she's rid of the whole shit feelings that disrupt daily life and is what you'd love to call now a "normal" person with normal ups and downs, highs and lows.
I hit my period about 7 months ago, and it hit me hard. There was substance abuse involved, but like I said, that only brought to light a problem that I've been nurturing for a very, very long time.
The start was terrible, I had to force myself to not break down at every minute of everything I was doing. It was hard, it was shit, it was utter ass, but it's something you gotta do. You just have to fucking do something. Read a book. Download panic away and start reading it now. Open the Bible if you're a believer. Take a walk you won't enjoy. Do something that you don't see any fucking point in doing now but know you "should" do.
With every day of doing this you'll slowly get back into "being sobre" your head will clear up, things will get their colours back and the surges will slowly but surely diminish, how quickly is entirely up to you. Not only that, but things like walks you didn't enjoy, coffes with friends where you felt like you were in a terrible movie and all those things will get colour and life when you look back at them, you'll see that you were there, and that they were actually times you enjoyed, just clouded by a shit feeling.
As for it being a fruitful period, like I said, you don't feel like a part of this world and are compleately knocked out of it, anxiety making you feel like ass and afraid of every fucking moving thing just making it worse. You're on a highway for unwanted introspection town and the population is all your fear, doubts, loathings, exes and whatever the fuck is making you nauseous now. That will change you. It is entirely up to you how. You can go down the road of sucking the benzo teat and running away into substance abuse, or you can do a spring cleaning of your core values, friends, habits and of a general outlook on life.

you do realize weed is a common drug that triggers DP right?

you are amazing bro, thank you so much once again. you summed up 100% what i needed to hear, im saving all your posts into a notepad for refference.

moron detected

>a few puffs of weed
>DP
that's not how that works, dumbass

I'm glad to be able to help. I'll be here for a few more so if you have any questions shoot.
Also all the people whoa re telling you to not touch drugs, alcohol etc are right, it all will bring you back to that place. You're in it now, you can't escape it, you can't run or hide. When you start moving away from it you'll know.

im living in a depersonilzed state, i should fucking know LOL
are there any supplements that will help my mind? how long did it take you to recover? are you prone to returning to this state once you are healed and are you just as prone to anxiety as you used to be? does the vertigo ever disappear?

Had upwards of 1.2g in one day, pussy.

Also, I'm still not fully out, I still have shit to deal with, but trust me, when I look back at how it was at the start, honestly, it feels like a different life. It gets better every fucking day. And I am glad in a way, that I have had the opportunity to learn this lesson in this "mild" way, that you are stronger than the trials set before you, you can get through anything, if you just keep breathing and doing what needs to be done.

ive had more than 600mgs of caffeine before and i felt fine, id blame it more on the conjunction of weed/nicotine/caffeine

how long did it take you to overcome it roughly? what stuff are you still dealing with still that keeps you in that place?

if anything caffeine helps with dp

Good clean diet, lots of veg, enough protein, take your vitamins, hydration is really important, clear day-nigh (you have nightmares and can't sleep but keyword is trying) all is a factor in how you feel. The cleaner and more structured your life the better you'll function, idle hands are the devil's bla bla bla. Other supps no idea since I just take my fish oil, creatine and vitamins, preworkouts would be a no though, since any and all stimulants just exabarte anxiety.
The fact that you are using the word "healed" is kinda iffy, you aren't broken, you're in a bad place but other than that you're ok, you're not "broken", there're actually mentally sick and broken people out there that would kill to be in your shoes. Anxiety is part of every life, it will remain to be part of your life as well, sometimes, more, sometimes less, depending on how you learn your lesson now it might never need to go shittier than this, maybe one day it will, but this is an opportunity to steel yourself. The vertigo, nausea and all the symptoms that dominate your days now all go away.

That episode just blew up latent schizophrenia. Sorry dudette

Something a few years ago fucked me up. I don't even feel like a human being anymore. I feel like a ghost floating outside of my own body while my body does random day to day shit. I don't even really feel anything. I feel like I am not really immersed into the world but am instead looking at it through a computer screen or something. The world is becoming more and more "fake" to me, as many of the stimuluses just merely existing once had, are no longer there. I'm becoming an inanimate object.

Well, the first few months were utter shit since you feel helpless and out of control, once you start figuring stuff out, and learning about your fears, yourself and the situation, the progress becomes rapid.
Everyone I talked to with about it says the 6 months mark is insane, I honestly thought nothing would be different but like I already said when I see where and how I am now and where I was during the first month, it's like you're trying to remember scenes from your childhood.
I'm dealing with life as a fact that it happens, and God.

As someone who developed schizophrenia after a few weeks of weed use, don't scare the guy.

It gets better, believe me. Assuming you haven't already, go sober for a while - I'm talking 6 or so months.

As another user said, self-improvement is a very powerful tool at this time. Your mind is disassociated with your body - this allows you to actively analyze all of your habits. Keep a logical mind, you'll be feeling down and out - just because something feels worthless emotionally doesn't mean it is.

Long walks and heavy exercise are both helpful because they ground the mind in the body.

Good luck, bro.

i love you cunts, you guys fill my heart with hope and joy reading this stuff. thank you so much for all your constructive advice, thank you guys so much, on that note ima go gym now.

DP here from years of hallucinogens and constant caffeine /weed /alcohol daily mix.

Stop all substances, keep up with healthy habits, and take up meditation and reading to calm yourself down. Once you're calm enough you will remember how things really are.

Remember to breathe friend

I got this after taking a strong antibiotic. One month in and it is hell.
I'm focusing on nutrition and taking it one month at a time.

op, send me an email to [email protected]. ive been in your same situation for a while now. im not kidding by any means.

this is shitty. stop drinking caffeine, stop smoking. and most important of all, STOP WORRYING ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL. if you feel shitty, so what? hating that you feel shitty isn't gonna make it go away any quicker. your mind is trying to repair itself and you keep giving it things to worry about; it's a negative feedback cycle. get out of your head and occupy yourself.

Was your onset of schizophrenia accompanied with a feeling of anxiety? What was it like?
I'm so scared it will happen to me

the chances of you getting schizophrenia are very low, and if your parents or siblings don't have it, even better. i went through the same shit you did, worrying about "what if" i get this, and so on. not to mention, schizophrenia is an umbrella term for many different symptoms, so it's not just black and white "you hear and see things".

Lmao op. Being fucked up is so exciting. You should be happy you have something to break the monotony of everyday life.

go to a psychiatrist mate. don't let this cucks diagnose you with super schizo-aids.

you on them hppd gains famalam?

>Was your onset of schizophrenia accompanied with a feeling of anxiety? What was it like?

One day I realized people weren't physically saying the things I heard and saw them saying. The anxiety started after that realization.

When I've described my experiences with THC to veteran trippers and acid-heads they liken it to their experiences with hard psychedelics. Unless the first time you toked was like an acid trip, you're probably alright.

I have social isolation, some mild obsessive thoughts, and being very messy. My therapist isn't concerned aboutit but I am. The meds i took sometimes cause delayed onset mental disorders so I'm really afraid. No family history at all though

>thinking the caffeine triggered DP
It was the weed bro. I've personally had DP for like a month after heavy weed use (chiefing everyday to look cool) even though I'm really sensitive to it. Honestly think I have that genetic mutation that causes crazy sides from weed. I can do blow and speed all day but weed legit fucks me up, like wtf? It gets better with time though, mainly try not to dwell on the fact that you're experiencing it.

My life has gotten exponentially better. Girlfriend, great job, and I now go to Ivy League school but I feel like I'm a social outcast who is only pretending. I have like three friends and can hardly talk to anyone because I don't see the point. Use to do benzos but not only smoke.

Has it been permanent?

Coming from someone who experienced this for 2 years and slowly coming out of it I will give you some things that helped me. First off don't do ANY drugs or alcohol. Get proper sleep by blacking out your windows with garbage bags and painters tape. You'll be suprised by the quality of sleep you will get. Eat completely healthy and drink plenty of water. Do tons of cardio to get your brain full of oxygen so that it works better. Plan your "life" 1 month in advance with everything you need to do. Depersonalization is a good time for you to reevaluate your life like the other user said. Even though the experience absolutely SUCKED, it got me off the paths of drugs, bad friends and influences, and wasting my time. It made me appreciate life even more and taught me to take advantage of this life by making something of myself. The path I was on with drugs and chilling with losers was fun but it would've made me eternally a child. God bless and keep your head up. There IS a light at the end. This may be one of the best things that have happened to you.

Yet you're still here.

Oh yeah, buddy. Oh yeah.

Lost 3 years of my life to deep psychosis. It hasn't even been a year since I touched back down to Earth. It's never a dull day, though.

Holy shit this. Freaking the fuck out and experiencing DP from THC was one the greatest things that's happened to me. I've been sober ever since, granted the casual drinks once in a blue moon.

Dude... We're all pretending. I realized that nobody knows what they're doing, the whole idea of the social group is nothing but a bunch of people pretending it exists. The more I know people the more I realize how much they hide their insecurities, weaknesses, and what they really think. Some are just better than others.

if your trained therapist isn't worried about it, you shouldn't worry either.

started back when they put me on adderall 60's as a 12 year old, and actually yeah thats when my panic attacks started as well, never went away

>DPDR THREAD
>MY TIME TO SHINE

Drop stimulants, weed, and get sleep. Every day it gets better and better. The first months of DPDR was absolute fucking hell, honestly I considered killing myself because my brain had just checked the out. But you get over it very very very quickly, just relax breathe and understand that you're just thinking very irrationally.

The world is real, you are real, nothing has changed but how you see it. Once you realize this DPDR can't bother you, and once you know it can't bother you it just gives up and fades away.

did you have a family history of anything like that?
fuck im scared

it's harder than that, not all mental health workers are created equal.

bump

Stay scared of it, use the fear to control your behavior. Actively avoid not caring even if you have to fake it for a long time. Talk to yourself more.

Wow, shit. Sorry you had to go through all that.

has your DP disapeard bro?

My great uncle developed schizophrenia, he also had the cluster headaches that I get.

Trust me, you'll know if it's schizophrenia when dogs and birds start talking to you.

This thread is interesting as fuck. Thanks Veeky Forums.
>Kinda scary tho
I smoke weed and drink but I've been doing this for years and nothing's happened. I'm a normie tho with a really solid group of friends and I'm happy with life in general. Does this usually happen to people with a predisposition to anxiety/depression/mental illness in general or is it random?

Also why do so many people on Veeky Forums have DP? Why is there such a strong correlation between DP and lifting heavy things?

ITS PISS

Easy answer - if you're fearful of having schizophrenia and/or going crazy, you're not going crazy. Schizos have no awareness of how far their mind has tanked.

Source - have had DP from kratom/diphenhydramine since August, been coming out of it slowly since Feb or so. There is a light at the end, I promise you. Back then, I would crawl up into a ball and cry until I couldn't any longer, wondering why I was so unlucky. Things are still iffy now, and things still look odd from time to time without a doubt, but I know it's my mind obsessively thinking about things. Typing this out is even ramping it up a bit, haha.

Anyway, just want you to know that it does get better. No drugs, no alcohol, get healthy, sleep, and have an optimistic outlook on life will get you here I promise. I'm not fully "healed" yet, but looking 6 months back, I've come so far. Keep it tight brother!

I think DPDR is waaaaaay more common than what people give it for.

Hyde has 400mg in one scoop m8

If I am wrong about this I have taken over 1000mg of caffeine on multiple occasions

If this is the case, fuck.

Thanks man. This puts my mind at ease a little.
I guess these things don't last forever, especially when you're still young?

probably more a correlation between DP and mental health issues which not just fit but Veeky Forums is ripe with.

had DP about 3 years ago for a couple months and it pops up for short burst again when really stressed.

you are real, the world is real, it will pass, just keep moving forward

mixing drugs and/or being overly stressed will trigger DP. DP usually comes from panic attacks and linger on

I was actually diagnosed with dpd as a part of my ptsd. Derealization is a component of a lot of anxiety disorders because it's a coping mechanism. It gets worse the more aware of it you make yourself, so stop dwelling on it and it will improve. There's no real cure, but most people just move past it over time. Certain nootropics are said to help, so you could look into that.

Thanks.

I just remembered that I'm kind of fucked in the head and I have to work harder to look and act normal around people
Also reminded me of something I suspected for a while. A major reason I was into bodybuilding, meditation, altered states of consciousness and trying to understand humanity from all angles. It was because I needed to center myself and understand my own flesh and mind.
Didn't even do drugs of any kind during that time.

I've fallen off of that track. and been swallowed whole by the net and I've finally hit rock bottom.
Not the rock bottom where I finally decide that food is all disgusting, the net is meaningless, sex is just stupid, and people or a horrifying burden and a belt and a tree is the only way out.
The kind of rock bottom where I realize how far I've fallen and can finally see the top.

haha are u me?

I took a shot of espresso one day to class. Teacher says "infinity" and boom crazy depersonalization episode triggered, lasted 6 months.

Didn't help I was doing Acid, Shrooms, and smoking a lot of weed too.

I dropped every drug, including caffeine, and started lifting weights. I was in my head and I figured the physical shock of weightlifting would help me come back down to earth and tire me out for sleep.

The intrusive thoughts are hard to deal with, and it feels like you just switched dimensions into an alternate reality-maybe you did.

I just want you to know it will get better, and it won't feel like this forever. I had a relapse off of some weed a few months ago, and it only lasted a week instead of 6 months.

Get better OP, I'm here if you have any questions, I was terrified when I had it and no one told me it would be okay.

yea bro haha... i had 2 huge cups of coffee a large energy drink then we went to some kebab shop that had hookah

my boys stuck weed in the hookah and i took like 3 puffs and i was like weird... i dont feel taste any weed

im feeling fine up until 5 minutes later, and BOOM

it was like i was hit in the face and my depth perception was shot, everything seemed 2dimensional

everyonething went into the background and i felt like i was in a movie.

my hands stopped belonging to me and all i could feel is my brain being compacted weirdly, and i i couldnt do anything except walk.

the longer i stood still the faster my heart beated

i walked and walked automatically, my friends just thought i was just high.

i thought i was losing my mind, i thought i was going to go insane, my vision became blotchy and i was outside of my body. i was 95% certain i was going to lose my life that day,

scariest shit ever bro...

i had to sit down for about an hour and a half just looking at my feet in a carpark of some asian market. thanks for ur input bro

Quick question: how often do you smoke either weed or tobacco?

smoke weed occasionall
tobacco never

but im heavily into drinking coffee/caffeine pills/energy drinks.

i blame it on weed/caffeine mixed

late reply sorry

I don't know if I was exactly depersonalized but when I was in college I smoked a lot of weed and drank a lot of alcohol and ended up really really depressed. the lethargy, procrastination guilt, hangover guilt, it all made me insanely anxious and I thought I'd kill myself at my absolute lowest. some people just aren't meant to fuck with drugs and alcohol. once I cut the shit (it took years) I started dieting and gettin fit. I work hard, I have aspirations, and I am way more productive. my biggest regret is not doing this sooner because I've fucked up a lot of my potential. further, I alienated myself and I lack a social life now. it's not even like I'm autistic around people, I just haven't kept up with any of my friends and so getting together on a regular basis is super awkward. but I blame the alcohol and the drugs. it makes you a shit person. and the after effects are even worse.

when it comes to caffiene, there's nothing wrong with a cup of coffee but if you are relying on it to stay awake all the time there's something wrong with how you're managing your sleep. caffiene gives you the illusion of awakeness but you're mind and body are still exhausted. if you are doing this, it could very well give you that cloudy mystical feeling. I stopped drinking it heavily because it raised my heart rate to the point where it felt like my blood pressure would cause my face to explode. it's a shitty feeling.

just try being clean man. think about when you were a kid. you never felt shit like this before. just be pure and natural. we don't need shit to make things more fun. we don't need shit to make us feel better. we didn't need it before and we don't need it now.

tl;dr putting chemicals in your body for extended periods of time is rarely beneficial.

It was the tobacco. Rather, it was the weed, tobacco, and the caffeine.

Tobacco is a hell of a drug - if that was your first time smoking shisha you were overloaded on nicotine. That alone is unpleasant in itself, you feel nauseous. Just sick. Further, nicotine prevents sensory gating which allows extremely heightened focus.

It sounds like you got stuck in a thought loop, and thanks to the tobacco you couldn't break out of it. That triggered the anxiety attack, and your mind dealt with it by, basically, hallucinating.

To put it lightly, you tripped your head off. This is close to the ego-death described by dissociative/psychedelic users. There is some great advice in this thread - keep optimistic, focus on your core being (health, happiness, your life, your body, etc), and ride the tiger.

Be careful if you reintroduce any psychedelic drugs into your body - even the lowly cannabis. Trips have a tendency to mirror one another. It may be all too easy to invoke that same head-space the next time you smoke. Set and setting and self-improvement.

This user knows.
100% agree.

I smoke endo, and can smoke my friends under the table but damn you mix it with tabacco and I'm spinning after two or three hits.

Anyone else who's DR gets triggered by sucralose?

OP i absolutely know what you mean, i had that after being high on weed too. everyone says its harmless etc etc but it is a psychedelic drug and should be taken as seriously as its supposed to be

i'm over it now, but the weird thing is that i can no longer smoke any weed at all, whereas i have no problem taking acid and dmt.

it was the weed. source: same thing happened to me.

go see a psychiatrist, tell him exactly what happened, and don't be afraid to take the pills they tell you to.

seroquel legit saved my life.

I used to have full anxiety attacks when smoking hash after an MDMA trip. The hash was so strong I thought I was going batshit insane. The next 6 months I had a couple of heavy ones (with the first one lasting a couple of days), but later I started realizing that having these attacks and being worried about it is more terrifying than just accepting it. Literally I had to tell myself "fuckit, even if your fears of dying/going insane come through, better let it come, than being constantly feared about it". Now I've just accepted myself and the anxiety; when it comes, I am literally able to tell it to fuck off cause it's only goign to make me feel more shit.

TL;DR get over it.

Except, ofcourse, on the comedown of drugs. Cocaine doesn't even fuck with my head so much, but I've literally had amphetamine comedowns where I would convince myself that this was the end; heart palpitations, disordered thoughts, restlessness, you name it. Anyhow, even after a couple of days this just "goes", and for instance last weekend I was back at it again with the adderall and cocaine. It is a combination of the substances but also a lesson for you to control it. I only take one puff of a joint now (instead of 4-5 heavy ones), and if I enjoy it I take a couple more. Same with other drugs: I start of with small bumps, and I gradually go into full hardcore mode where I take whatever is coming into my path.

TL;DR Again, don't worry so much about it, it'll go over

Rich pls stop you're going to die if you keep this up

I have DP.. had it since I was 16.. it usually appears in a brand new situation.. especially during travel with new surroundings.. or so it seems. I really have no idea what causes it.

My advice is this... the best way through a DP episode is to acknowledge it... even say to your self ok I am having a depersonalization episode.. usually that helps me... but to really get through the panicky feels... you not only have to acknowledge it.. but ask your brain to make it WORST, not better. If you heart feels like its going to explode and cold sweat.. say to yourself or even outloud "come on brain you can do worst than that, I can handle it.."

just keep going and insist it gets worst..
eventually you will reach a state where your brain just cant TRICK you into believing the panic is getting worse nor that the DP is getting WORSE...

it will just fade away and you will come back.

It's rough.. very hard to do.. but later on.. when another episode happens.. acknowledge it again.. and by then the episode is usually much shorter in duration. I shit you not with this advice, not trolling at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=Aa60FdWbdYY

i just finished watching that movie actually, and i almost had a panic attack the other night, i was getting anxiety and i literally told my self. 'come on make my heart beat faster, i want to feel this again' and then it just went away and i returned to normal, it really does work.

Yep, same as I said in . When it happens just let it happen. At one point your brain starts acknowledging that its better not to be in panick and fear in the first place.

Yeah it was definitely the weed bro, I used to smoke daily to calm down ironically... Then one day the panic attacks started and never stopped every fucking time I smoked... Sad days for me having to eventually stop smoking... I truly loved that green beauty, but for some reason it doesn't set well for some people for a whole bunch of different reasons, and having a bad anxiety attack can fuck you up for a long time, just lay off stimulants all together for awhile and you should level out in a few weeks... Hopefully

i had two bottles of buckfast one night and experienced sleep paralysis from it

i don't know if it was brought on by the caffeine or if it was a coincidence though