Power Lifting General / plg

plg for the purpose of getting gud at the squat, bench press and deadlift

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mZttj-cCGKM
youtube.com/watch?v=vtvhU5IwpPg
i.4cdn.org/fit/1461475142108.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kang has a ridiculous superiority complex, and gets butt hurt about everyone who thinks otherwise

>qt edition

when is my turn for qt?

Kang carries the IPF flag high and btfos lolfed shits.

thinking taco bell lads

inb4 people bitch about tattoos

fucker plebs desu

Hey lads, my grip is pathetically weak right now. Thinking of picking up some captains of crush gripper to work on it. Do those things work or is it like meme tier garbage?

The Golden Child chop that ass up, you was holding out
Let the streets be the court and corners hold the trial

chalk

In for never being comparable to Alex

Thinking of getting an online coach. Heard good things about Hancott. And he's a world champion as well. Anybody ever coached by him?

i done it again lads

youtube.com/watch?v=mZttj-cCGKM
reminder to try hard

You're looking to #takewhatsyours?

Dude's strong as fuck but I can't get over how much of a complete fuccboi he is

proud desu

They work well, but they don't really build the kind of grip strength you need for deadlifting. Static holds do by most accounts.

How do you go about putting them in a routine? Sets? Reps? Progression?

That's what I was thinking desu. I'm doing barbell holds Ed Coan style, but figured these might be good because I can do them anywhere.

why are people who i am not following, following me on instagram
when i havent posted anything and only made it today

i didnt ask for this

Did you connect with it to your Facebook account? If so everyone on your Facebook with an instagram account would have gotten a notification about it.

Also bots that unfollow you soon after following you in the hopes that you follow back.

i'm in fucking tears man

i dont have facebook
they are all powerlifting related
so unless they just follow everyone that follows someone else, ill see if they delete
one doesnt even follow that many people
literally made it less than 15hours ago

It's probably mainly just accounts looking for follow backs.

fuckers
they spoiling my clean follwers sheet

I probably weigh 20 lbs less than you and bench what you do. lmao.

B-but what about norselean? Did he died?

O N E W E E K O U T

best beginner powerlifting routine?

I did SS for several months but then stopped to start focusing on cardio to lose weight. i've probably lost a decent amount of strength and I'm looking to get into power lifting.

maxing one lift every session, then do 5x5 backoff sets and relevant accessory work.

srs

so like working up to a weight I can only hit for 1?

when do I do the backoff sets?

Is there any program that involves a heavy single or triple followed by some volume where you lift for around 4 times a week?

every workout like this:
>work up to 1RM
>do 5x5 of the same lift at some weight that is hard, but not impossible
>do some relevant accessory work to your heart's content.

you could go like M/W/F and do one of the big 3 each workout

your talent is showing lad

Great work. Not sure if you care, but a couple things you could probably do to improve are not looking up during your ascent in the squat and keeping your elbows tucked more on bench.

Well your first step should probably be starting strength again to get back where you were. If you can't keep adding weight every workout, then move to a program that alternates volume and intensity and adds weight slower. Texas Method, Madcow, Starr, 5/3/1, etc.

on the squat I caught my knees caving and my heels coming up in the bottom a bit, so I think I may have been a bit too forward-leaning. I think sorting those things out should help with the ascent being wonky.

and yeah, my thoughts exactly with bench. I noticed that at the bottom, my forearms could have been more upright than they were.

thanks for the input m8.

nn lads, I hope you all make some gains while you sleep, and wake up a little stronger

kroc rows boi

Yeah. Daily maxing, but instead of a daily max, you hit a daily 3RM and do back off 5s. Deadlift doubles and triples here and there.

>tfw old dogo

youtube.com/watch?v=vtvhU5IwpPg
going to switch all my benching asside from speed work to paused reps from now on

Ok so I have a question about calorie intake if anyone wants to help me out.

Currently 6'2" 190lbs 13-15%bf Going to run Blaha's 5x5 this Monday, after about 6 weeks of moderate fucking about (lots of mobility work) that occurred after a years hiatus.

My lifts are currently

225x1 squat
315x1 deadlift
215x3 Dips (full ROM with 25lb plate)

So, background established, I would like to improve those to

315x3 squat
405x3 deadlift
270x3 dip (or bench, haven't had a spotter so I've been dipping)

Without going above 17-19% bf.

How many calories should I be taking in over TDEE, and (ballpark) how long should it take me to get those numbers provided I eat and sleep correctly?

Thanks for reading, sorry for somewhat scattered post.

There's no point doing speed work until you can do it properly at a normal pace.

I don't think this is the best place to ask that question.

>tattoos
degemerate.
only good for a pump and dump until you find an actual qt

best place you can ask this is a psychic because this isn't an answerable question. Bulk slowly unless you feel you aren't actually bulking. Probably should start benching though. Pick a program and it's progression should help you figure out how long it will take.

What would you suggest?

500-700 over TDEE good then?

And I did say ballpark, I don't expect magic just wanted to make a reasonable goal/timeframe.

Thanks though

Well it's not really Powerlifting is it?

We don't deal in BF%, we deal in optimal weightclasses.

As far as how long? Who the fuck knows. Injuries can fuck you.

I'm a great example of that. Fuck any expectations. Just get to work mate.

I'd say 500. Texas method? This will take you a while, those are pretty big increases.

exactly

did SSB actually hurt you?

I'm gonna be running ICF/Blaha 5x5 with some changes to the accessories for a few weeks; until I can't anymore basically.

Then probably Texas method yeah.

Might do a fairly large bulk to really push the 'novice' gains a bit, then switch back to 500 > TDEE.

This sound reasonable?

(Thanks for the feedback)

thats fine
makes sure to do lots of volume in bench
including the intensity day

just emotionally

What are some good intermediate programs fellas? Been lifting two years, last tested s170 b95 d215

I texted that girl again if you remember two nights ago that's been 6 years :]

>haven't had a spotter so I've been dipping
You wot

DB rows makes my low back feel kinda fucky, even if I do them on a bench. Fucking hate it, because I love them

At an art event lads. Can truly say that art is dead now

c6w

no

yes though

canditos "programming" is just throwing a lot of shit in a pile and hoping it works
unsurprisingly it does work for intermediates because everything works for them

at ur #s u still got linear progression bro

you asked for a good intermediate program
I said c6w
you said no
I said yes
you said it works for intermediates
I'm confused

i wasnt the one who asked
just pointing out candito is shit

I don't trust random people to not fuck with the bar. It's easier to just go dip. The stretch reflex is also quite nice.

c6w is not at all shit though

it's as good as his bench programme :^)

never tried any of his other programs tBh
all I can attest to is that c6w is solid

it just throws a lot at you at once, it doesn't really make for anything sustainable
like the idea behind smolov except far less retarded

>doesn't really make for anything sustainable

see i.4cdn.org/fit/1461475142108.png

Kg not pound, and I wish I did and I've retried linear like 3 times trying to milk it as much as I can

there are obv exceptions

having a poo lad here

i don't know where i went wrong but I haven't power lifted in 5 months

>that form on the 120kg

>that form on everything Tbh

>mock meet with maxes you should be repping on ss
wut

I reaaaallly need to fuck a grill tbH. This sexual frustration is immense and all consuming atm...

>actually thinking this is a respectable squat

maybe for normies or manlets

Did joffrey smash the qt sailor girl?

Yes

Dude if I had time to go into why this is sub-shit or even possibly (if even theoretically) worse, I would. You have never watched a form video, you have no desire to better yourself besides than your Skelton friend (stop uploading him, nobody cares), you do not apply lessons to your next training session. You are a dead end. Give up before you destroy your back and your body quits on you. You don't give a fuck, stop pretending.

You have two options, continue to lift (you'll never get form input from me here on out) or just quit and save me the time of watching your videos. Your heart isn't into it, you're just here to fit in. If you gave a fraction of a shit you'd have already applied yourself more.

that starting position isnt that bad if he switches to conv desu, maybe a slightly wider stanced conv

as sumo its topkek though, and this is coming from someone with a very ugly sumo

I've never seen someone squat more than 5pl8 outside of a meet irl.

Not claiming is strong, honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion one way or another user.

nn faggots

Remember it doesn't matter

>I don't give a fuck

enough to reply back to me

anyways keep juicin boardie, you're gonna need it

>do 3x4 with a weight
>amrap same weight next week
>manage 1x5
lolwut

no shit, I had a dream last night where I was eating out some girl who turned out to be my gymbro

i like this boardie

making a 5 day routine with each day being dedicated to one of the big 5 lifts and then same muscles group lifts for hypertrophy example:
Squat day
Squats 5x5
front squats 4x8
lunges 4x8
hamstring machine 4x10

Question is will i get size from this while progressing on my lifts?

Both of you should just quit.

Also stop grunting

Fucking brutal m8
>that fucking file name though

Nobody cares boardie, fuck off, you are literally worst that trappy

canditos hasn't worked great for me

like I smeshed 9 reps fairly easily at 140kg on week 2 without too much trouble but then 150 3x4 felt like dog shit the next week

I'd say I'm the problem though

>you are bad at this thing so you should give up
you are the most american 40 year old mother I have ever heard

its that hes bad
its that hes not even trying to git gud

Lmao don't care just kill self

Nn lads you're welcome in advance

Good night bud. Never change kek

Some gibbs look a like at my uni gym hit 250kg fairly easily a while back

Some islander guy hit 280 recently too