What's your take on this, Veeky Forums?

what's your take on this, Veeky Forums?

I was very surprised to see Rippetoe featured on Scooby's Hall of Shame section on his website..

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/articles/novice_effect_rippetoe.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he's right. are you retarded?

why are you on a gay dude's website man

cuz hes gay

>why are you on a gay dudes' image board man

I have gained 30 in less than 11 weeks. If you start off on a calorie restricted diet, you would be able to put on tons of weight once you get off of it. I don't know anything about his program though.

LBM means lean body mass or muscle. 31 pounds of muscle is the difference between shredded and average guy.

Yeah but 30lbs of LBM? That's a pretty bold claim if Rippetoe actually says that

>because he's gay

You might well gain 31 pounds of muscle doing SS if you start off as an extreme skelly and finish as a t-rex

A bold claim? That's not a bold claim. That's an insane claim. That's like telling me I can double my bench in 11 weeks. It's pure bullshit.

I'm sure all the weight you put on isn't lean body mass. Fat stores all over your body, not just your stomach. Don't be a delusional faggot pretending you look good when you don't, blaha already exists. Good job on the bulk, now cut down to 8% bf and see how much you actually got

Rips programming is solid.

His nutritional advice is fucking shit unless you are a hungry skeleton.

Doesnt everyone know this already?

Scooby is right. 30 pounds of lbm in 10 weeks is nonsense but 15 lbs fat 10lbs muscle and 5lbs water is reasonable. That said though SS is a good book/program

Putting on 31 lbs of lean body mass in 11 weeks is impossible.

Yeah but he actually says that in the book.
GOMAD is basically a last resort for putting on mass fast. Also its not meant for anyone older than a college athlete

You can. I went from 65lb bench to 1pl8 bench in two months on SS

This thread is useless without a source of him saying it.

SS is a meme used to trick newfags

I thought everyone knew by now that SS is troll.

If you seriously think SS+GOMAD is a legitimate program then you need to reevaluate your life.

A program that tells you to drink a gallon of milk a day while doing some shitty progressive workout screams troll.

I don't remember his book saying that. I've read it.

He's right. Rippletits is a fag.

All the SS book is good for is explaining the mechanics of lifts, and even then a Youtube video is probably much better for the book's target audience.

startingstrength.com/articles/novice_effect_rippetoe.pdf

But you can easily do that. It's all a matter of where you start. If you start benching 45, you'd have to do something severely wrong to not double it in your first four weeks.
Same with the lbm gains claim. Rippetoe never claimed that you can gain 30lbs of lbm at any point in training but that it's possible if you have zero muscle mass and go hard on your training from day one. He took some dyel with literally zero muscle mass from the street (Zach Evetts), had him consume 8000+ calories per day, his squat moved from 1 to 3pl8 in three months and he gained like 70 lbs of weight. If you look at his after pics (they're posted here quite frequently), he looks fat but not as fat as someone would look at 240 who only gained fat during this period of time.

>"And yes, he gained about 24 punds of fat, none of which you can see very well and all of which will come off easily when it becomes an issue"

WEW
E
W

Literally anyone can double their bench in 11 weeks as a beginner mang, half the strength gains in that period is just CNS adaptation

Gaining 31lbs of lean muscle in 11 months is something different entirely

>Going from 1pl8 to 3pl8 squat is just CNS adaption

no

>Say anyone can double their bench as a beginner
>Some autist starts sperging out about tripling his squat

>half the strength gains in that period is just cns adaptation
>correct SS novice progression has you going from 1pl8 to 3pl8 squat
>this is somehow possible without that much muscle gain and only learning to use existing muscle

still no

31 pounds of lean mass isn't just muscle, but also includes bone mass. Anything that isn't fat or water weight will qualify as lean mass.

>A best case scenario is Zach’s – he comes in skinny and weak, trains to his full potential, recovers to his full potential, and therefore expresses his optimum capacity for growth and strength. If Zach’s is the best-case scenario, the fact that you don’t really believe it happened the way I’ve described (you really don’t, do you?) means that it happens infrequently enough that less-than-best-case scenarios are the norm. Statistically, I suppose this makes sense. The vast majority of programs don’t make use of the novice effect to its full potential.
So what's happening, is he miscalculating how much was lean mass?

I gained 25 lbs of muscle and 5 lbs fat on greyskull lp, which is basically ss

Rip is straight up lying, to advertise his program and book

>this is somehow possible without that much muscle gain and only learning to use existing muscle

The implication is that Rippetoe says 1pl8 to 3pl8 squat in 11 weeks comes with 31lbs of lean mass in the same time nigger, read the thread

but scooby himself is super honest with claiming to be natty and advising people to perform skateboard squats? face it guys, the fitness industry is full of snake oil salesmen

>advising people to perform skate board squats

If this is what Scooby thinks is effective training, no wonder he thinks Rips claims are bullshit.

Well yeah, of course the lean mass gain will only happen when the stress from training is sufficient, you won't gain that much from doing skate board squats

Pic related is what Rippetoe actually claims in SS. He doesn't say it's LBM, just wants his trainees to get fat I guess.