/Vegan/ General

Why haven't you tried a Vegan diet yet? You know what they say, once you go Vegan you never go back.

My lifts have gone up, my stamina has increased, and my energy levels are through the roof. I feel so alive and healthy. I used to eat chicken, beef and drink milk, and I would have crashes and feel full and groggy throughout the day. Once I cut all the junk food out I felt amazing after only 5 days.

I like eating meat, and don't really like eating vegetables

>not raising your own free-range chickens and getting eggs, meat, and fertilizer to grow your own garden for more food in the exchange

Would go for it:
1. I wasn't a poorfag
2. I wouldn't love fish and chicken so fucking much (when it comes to meat I only eat these 2)

I'll always stick by a vegan diet. It cured my heart disease. Doctor told me I had about a year. Went on a strict clean Vegan diet, and 6 months later when I went to the doctor he was amazed that it had cleared up.

Vegan is cheaper than meat.

>what are oats, peanut butter, beans, rice

so expensive huh

>people eat steak every day
>meat is the only thing non-vegans eat

saged

>The only thing vegans cut out is meat

Because I own a lot of leather goods which I am not willing to throw away, and I benefit from products created in conditions which are not humane to their workers.
Being vegan while continuing to do so would make me a fucking hypocrite.

Also, I hate tofu, i eat enough beans as it is, and fake meats never taste or feel right (although I have nearly perfected my seitan recipe thanks to tips from a non-vegan in a Veeky Forums vegan thread).

Broccoli and steak do not have the same calorie to mass ratio. It takes a lot more broccoli to get 100 calories than it does steak.

And?

>six to ten years more of having someone wipe your ass and trying to remember when you weren't a pathetic excuse for a man

And also leafy greens taste like eating out of a lawnmower bag

I don't eat a vegan diet because you need fat and protein in your diet in order to not become a potbellied skinnyfag.

Enjoy eating nothing but rabbit food all day.

>Not wanting to be pampered by a cutie nurse
>Not wanting to be a sexual deviant towards her and have it be regarded as cute and innocent because you're an old man

What a fucking pleb

>cutie nurse
Most nurses are fat and chain smoke anymore.

>sexually assaulting women is cool
Posting from Cologne are we?

>have it be regarded as cute and innocent because you're an old man
Stop watching chinese cartoons. Though it happens, many of them do get charged with sexual harassment or the other nurses start treating him poorly.

im taking a 2 week break from my vegan diet

part is to prep for my summer cut and to also see how my body reacts to me eating chicken again

although i do agree since eating vegan i never feel groggy after eating meals and my acne has completely disappeared

gonna do a protein nut filled calisthenic routine through the summer, ditching the gluten and soy

I got some nut filled protein for you.

thanks senpai

because it's so incredible shilled. the imitation meat is patented so it costs as much as real meat.

>implying high calorie is bad

this is fucking shill math. normal people measure protein per 100g, not protein per energy.

[citation needed]
also a shill infographic is not citation.

vegetarianism is a money making scheme.

i like this post

The only time I went to a clinic, a ridiculously handsome nurse took care of me.
He was very affable, had a Chad face and forearms like pic related.

I would love to see the calculations on how they came up with that

100 grams of shelled sunflowers is about 500 calories or so.
I blend them and put them on oatmeal, total 1000 calories for about a pound of stuff or so.
I'm doing it wrong?

There is literally no point in throwing away clothes. No vegan would suggest that. At most, they would want you to donate it, but not even most vegans care about that.

As for the workers, try to get your clothes second hand and get fair trade shit if you can.

But even if you didn't do that, going vegan wouldn't make you a hypocrite. There is nothing hypocritical about trying to do better even if you aren't able to do everything right. The perfect is not the enemy of the good.

why would you measure protein by 100g? 100g isn't significant of anything.

every general on every board is a general for a specific group of people. game generals are for people who play the game, powerlifting general is for powerlifters, etc.

i think the fact a vegan general is made purely to shill to non-vegans says a lot about vegans

what do you think it says?
more specifically than "a lot"

>going vegan would cause a lot of industry's to lose money but its a shill scheme by the broccoli industry

im a paramedic, the only fit nurses are see are the asian ones or the men. The white ones are miserable fat fucks

educating and spreading a message isnt a shill

>Vegan diet
>Saving thumbnails
How are those mental no-gains treating you?

omg you should live in a black city
the nurses are fucking huger than the general populace

and I work at a university that has a big nursing program. Literally everyone in the program is obese, all writing papers about the dangers of obesity. like wtf?

okay, i'll rephrase that. "not willing to give up" not throw out.
A jacket I bought with my first pay cheque from an old job would be one thing I would never be willing to give away.

I also use Apple products, not just by choice but as it's pretty much unavoidable for me, and they treat their workers like cattle (i'm sure you can appreciate the irony)

Fair Trade is bullshit, a buy-in scheme that benefits only those who can afford the initial outlay to sign up for it.
It's nice to know the producers of goods are getting slightly more money, but it does encourage monopolies, and screws over the poorest.
It's also a cop out for a lot of people, where the fair trade logo means they don't have to care about what it is they have bought, whilst simultaneously feeling good about helping brown people.

But yes, the perfect is not the enemy of the good.
It's just as far as I'm willing to go for "good" is humane farming practices, and wild meats as much as possible.

Given the choice, I'd be growing and raising all my own food, free range and sustainable, as to me that's a better option when it comes to environmentally friendly and humane living, than a vegan lifestyle tacked on to modern living like a bandaid on a broken leg.

haha im in uk though so we dont have black city, also have paramedics having a go at people with COPD then sparking a fag after the job, weird world

Keep it, dude. Nobody is asking you to give up shit you've already bought. Damage is already done, m8.

Use apple products if you need them. I'm no telling you to do or stop doing anything, specifically.

All I'm saying is that the notion that in order to do anything you have to do everything is idiotic.

And if that's as far as you're willing to go right now, then do that. I'd rather you supported humane practices than do nothing. But be sure that you're doing that, instead of just arguing against vegans for the moment, only to turn around and not change anything about your life. And ideally, as you make smaller changes, they will become easier, allowing you to do more in the future.

You're retarded

It may be true that there are alternatives to veganism (for me, I think freegans are incredible). Veganism is generally the best option that is widely practicable. I would love to have a farm too, but I don't. So I have to try to do the best with what's available to me, and I try to spread what I think is practicable for the people I'm spreading it to

Humane is subjective

Why? On Veeky Forums people are generally trying to fit marco target into overall calorie targets. For such a task, 100g is utterly meaningless.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make here

I hate whenever I go to lunch with friends and that one vegan shows up. Now all the sudden, the 7 of us have to cater to this one faggot's needs.

"We can't go there, they don't see vegan alternatives".

This pretty much eliminates all but about 2 restaurants in the area. What ever happened to the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few?

But user it's not food, it's violence.

>its all about mme

Stop shilling your hippy ass broscience. I'm perfectly content eating meat, and actually enjoy it if it's prepared right. Now pls go

>tfw thinking about going vegan because of shitty digestive system

>Killing animals is anything like rape

Going by 100g will give you the percentage of macros. Meat has by far more protien as a percentage per gram

It's not a random weight slapped on the nutrition label

As one of the few amicable vegans on the internet, thank you for respecting my life choices.
And I can assure you I never touch battery or enriched cage meat, I know at least some of my local livestock farmers and trust their farming practices, and until one of the neighbourhood cats got in and killed them I used to raise my own birds for eggs, and they were well cared for.

90% of my waste food gets fed to animals.
Food goes in one end of a rabbit, and good quality dry fertiliser comes out the other end, no need to compost.
Meat scraps and stale bread go to the wild birds, usually a murder of crows that hangs around the neighbourhood, and a couple of robins who frequent the bush outside my kitchen window.
I tend to keep waste to a minimum by only buying a few days food at a time, unless it's dry goods. Living 5 minutes walk from a supermarket helps.

I was raised to be a bit more environmentally minded than most, and was even vegetarian at one point, but I realised it just wasn't something I could do.
Maybe when insects as food become more cost effective, I might re-evaluate, and stick to lacto-ovo, honey, crispy fried bugs, and game meat only, but full on vegan is not something I'll ever do.

What a crappy comic, why would you save it? Please don't post it ever again, it's not 2006 anymore.

>Americans are fat because they eat animal products
are you fucking serious

It's relevant af to a lot of comics and you know it

Comics made in that format can be very easily turned around to make the opposite point making them broken

Anyone who makes comics like that are narrow-minded and just do it for le up votes

what are you even talking about? going by 100g will give you the percent per 100g, but 100g is still irrelevant to most people's goals. What you need is the percent by calorie. Usable macronutrients aren't the only things with weight.

I don't eat meat but I do eat chicken tho

Meat isn't chicken, dumbass

no they are two separate things...

that does not refute anything

where does that picture say they are american?
where does that picture say animal products are the only cause for obesity?

I bet you thought you were really clever and witty writing that post as well

Macros make up the majority of the weight though. Water is the next big thing. Which is why 100 Cal of broccoli is a fuck tone. Comparing 100 Cal of broccoli to steak is a retarded concept to begin with and is a desperate attempt to claim vegetables have as much protien as anything else

100g is easy to picture and estimate and measure and will generally fit the same in your stomach. 100 Cal is something you have to figure out and varies in see for all kinds of food

It's retarded, unless what you care about is calories, which is what everyone cares about.

>100g is easy to picture and estimate and measure and will generally fit the same in your stomach. 100 Cal is something you have to figure out and varies in see for all kinds of food

Nigger what the fuck are you talking about? You would measure these in the exact same way, which is by weight. If you know you have 100g of broccoli, you know how may calories are there.

>What are avacados, nuts, seeds, and beans.

Exactly different things. A Humane way to kill animals is entirely subjective. Rape is not subjective. There is either consent or there is not. that comic is retarded and has no grounds for anything

maybe we should stop all animals killing eachother in a non Humane way since apparently we shouldn't be either

This world is finite anyway

A vegan diet has some advantages. Why don't you talk about those instead of misleading people about the shortcomings?

1. literally on the bottom of the image

2. the fat people are depicted as eating animal products while the guy on the other side has an anti-meat t-shirt

are you mentally disabled?

If you react like I did you'll want a toilet close by. After 6 months on a high fiber, plant based diet I ate a chicken and it felt like I was shitting all my organs out.
Never again.

What's misleading about that guy's image. I mean, the broccoli numbers seem correct, and the steak numbers would obviously vary wildly for obvious reasons

Good luck bulking with your 100 cals of broccoli mane

Who bulks with broccoli? What are you even on about?

even when people are bulking, their focus is on calories. they might weigh their food, but they only do it to determine how many calories they are consuming.

It's misleading in the sense that it's basing the numbers off calories instead of grams. Getting 50g protein from beef should be easy for anyone, try doing the same with broccoli

OMG you're so stupid. Stop saying this. Literally the ONLY reason people EVER weigh food is to find out how many calories there are
(that's not strictly true, I know, but you're being fucking retarded).

Nobody cares how many grams they eat in a day; everyone cares how many calories they eat in a day.

>/Vegan/ General

so faggot general

It's misleading to imply you get more/better protein out of a vegan diet

>gonna eat 2kg of broccoli for 170g of protein

Is that what that image did, or did it give you the the macronutrient composition (of two macronutrients) of steak and broccoli?

Lol what?

Nobody has food weight goals, you fucktard

people have calorie goals, so to suggest that you should give percentages based on food weight is idiotic, made even more idiotic be the fact that food weight is only ever (again, not totally true) determined to determine calories.

It's clearly a ploy to trick people into thinking broccoli is a superior source of protein

>1. I wasn't a poorfag

you cant afford fruits , vegetables , starches , and grains ?

What the fuck are you talking about, some dude asked how the image was misleading and all i said was

Liar

I think it's a "ploy" to let you know that broccoli has a higher calorie percentage of protein and a lower percentage of fat.

How could using calories instead of food weight be misleading when nobody cares about food weight except as a proxy for calories?

It's just saving you a step.

>MY SIZE IS RELATIVE TO MY ANGER!

>higher calorie percentage of protein

This is meaningless.

Considering you have to eat like 4 pounds of broccoli to get the same protein you would out of one serving of steak, yeah, I'd say it's misleading.

>once you go vegan you never go back

that is because it results in death. RIP

t. 10lbs of lettuce a day vegan

i was vegan for a month. ate pea protein, nuts, all that. all the fiber made me fart and shit til my asshole literally bled. i had no energy to work out or leave the house. but nice meme op

How is that misleading?
Are you confused about the fact that broccoli has fewer calories by weight than steak?

No, that's OBVIOUS. What you didn't know was that, per calorie, broccoli has more protein.

only faggots eat lettuce.
spinach and kale are where it's at

this is an argument for portion control dipshit
>all that food mass and no nutrients

No it isn't

It's telling you that you don't need to control your portions when you eat whole foods vegetables because your stretch receptors will make you full

See, you only need portion control if your food is too calorically dense to stop you from eating through the feeling of fullness.