Do you need to be bulking to do SL 5X5?

Do you need to be bulking to do SL 5X5?

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/doc/192081024/Greyskull-LP-2nd-Edition
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

For best results: Yes.

But as a noob you'll make CNS gains either way.

I'd do SS instead of SL though. Much better programming. Do a deadlift variant if you're scared of cleans.

See fitsticky.com/novice-programs

I've been lifting for a year now, so not a complete beginner, it's just my lifts are shit so I want to get them up.

bumping for interest

i dont want to do squats 3x a week is there anything I can do besides that?

SS is better for increasing your lifts

what are your stats anyway? You may have exhausted your novice gains anyway

Why don't you want to?

i dont want to go t-rex mode

Pic
fitsticky.com/novice-programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

See the "getting stuck and getting unstuck" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

75kgx5 bench, 80kgx5 squat, 130kgx5 deadlift @5ft11 73kg.

Almost a good program

Just add some triceps exercises to Monday and Friday.

Then add face pulls/reverse flys to Wednesday.

That's a fine addition if you want more volume, but not needed.

What if my gym doesn't have 0.5kg plates?

fitsticky.com/faq

Just add the 1.25kg ones; you may need to stall and reload a bit more later on, but personally I progressed fine

>Do you need to be bulking to do SL 5X5?
No, you need to be stupid. SL has too little pulling volume, poor distribution and very poor auto regulation.
Literally Phrak's GSLP without a pull on Wednesday but with an extra push instead. Even the infograph is 99% identical. Why?

>Literally Phrak's GSLP

Except not. Recheck Phrak's.

>Even the infograph is 99% identical. Why?

Because both are programs made using the Greyskull LP system from Johnny Pain.

Tell me about that CNS gains, please

>Except not. Recheck Phrak's.
Except yes, because I ran it for 3 months and I remember it. Pic related.
Again, as I said, the only difference I see is you took out the chins/rows on Wednesday before DLs and added dips/cgbp after.
Inb4 "I changed the accessories"
The program is what makes a program, not the accessories.
>Greyskull LP system from Johnny Pain
I googled this exact quote and got nothing. Link?
No need to get defensive, I just asked "why". To which you still didn't reply btw.

See? It's a pretty different program if you look in the details (keep in mind the curls/skullcrushers were not in the original phrak's).
They are similar in the big picture simply because both are customised versions of Greyskull LP.

scribd.com/doc/192081024/Greyskull-LP-2nd-Edition

Please respond on why less pull and more push on Wednesday. Is it the diddlies? But they're only one set

B-Bryce?

Many, many reasons.

- Pushing progression (bench/ohp) is very often more important for people than horizontal/vertical pulling progression (row/chinup/pullup), so the program focuses on that to reflect the goals of most people

- Pushing muscles often require more volume than pulling muscles because of their size and being less often used as stabilizers or assistances in other lifts

- A more focused workout helps maximise the stress and adaptation for the pressing muscles

- Heavy deadlifts are themselves a good back workout

- Heavy deadlifts can negatively affect other pulls in the same day (and vice-versa)

- Minimizing fatigue accumulation for the back musculature

- You're still training your vertical/horizontal pull with 2x per week frequency, and your back muscles with 3x per week frequency

- Energy and time are limited resources

- The base Greyskull LP program focuses on the big 4 lifts, bench, ohp, squat, and deadlift. Rows and chinups are extras and as such are less prioritized.

etc etc etc

Not saying this is THE ONLY WAY. It's just one way of doing things. You can add more pulling stuff and reduce the pressing stuff if you want.

A
bench / press
squat
weighted pullups

B
bench / press
deadlift
weighted dips

C
bench / press
squat
rows

any good?

start with your bigger exercises like squats/deadlift to get dat dere temporary testosterone boost for your other lifts, my man

is that broscience or

i mean i'm happy to do it if it's true but it sounds like broscience

Even if it's not broscience (which it kinda is), the benefits of doing bench and press first while you're full energy heavily outweighs any benefit from "testosterone boost", even if it's not just a marginal boost (which it is, very marginal).

I've noticed I bench more if I squat first.