I'm done with bodybuilding

Can't wait to quit bodybuilding.
Cancelled my gym membership, sold my home gym, and threw away all of my supplements.

Such a waste of time. And for what? It's completely unnecessary and serves no purpose.
Muscles are not needed, especially in today's society where the intellect, personality, and face reigns supreme.

To be honest, the "bodybuilding lifestyle" seems almost like a childish endeavour at this point, and I don't mean any disrespect, but it seems like the most serious lifters (asides from guys who are legit bodybuilders/fitness models/elite athletes but they represent a very low % of dedicated lifters) are also the people with nothing else going on in their lives.
I know this was true with me, I was biggest and most serious about lifting when I was still in uni, working only 15 hours a week, and pretty much just plucking around all the time, going out, with no real responsibilities.

The most jacked guys I see are baby faced roiders trying to pick up ugly girls in the clubs, and frat boys who have no job and don't give 2 fucs about school so they spend all their time in the gym.
I'll GLADLY go back to being a 200lb 6'3 weakling or a "non-lifter" or whatever derogatory term you guys want to throw at me, but I don't care. I'll be proud. I can eat whatever I want and finally free up my mind to do what's important in life.

To all you kids out there who are getting sucked into the bodybuilding and fitness illusion, try to stop yourself.
So long as you have and maintain decent facial aesthetics, you'll be fine.
Bodybuilding's just not worth it.

Cheers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MysH2LQCzqM
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0022430/
youtube.com/watch?v=lYsmS3Ji6og
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tasty pasta.

I'm not reading all this text faggot.

>implying I take roids

I used to go to the gym every night after working in the oilfield for 100 hours a week. You just sound like a weak willed faggot. A 40 hour work week aint shit.

>HEIGHT
>FACE
>FRAME

OP:

>Doing bicep curls
>dropped dumbell on foot
>NOPED outta gym

I mean like you shouldn't compare yourself to others that's gay brah

>can't wait to quit bodybuilding
>those zipper abs

Yeah, that's a good idea. The permabulking """""""""""""""""""""""powerlifter"""""""""""""""""""""""" coomunity would welcome you though.

ok

It would be better for you to stop browsing Veeky Forums.

Whatever makes you happy, bro.
if you change your mind, you're welcome to Veeky Forums once again.

Hey Faggots,
My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures of half naked men. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on facebook.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than “jack off to naked pics of dudes asses”? I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch

ok

another crab falls into the bucket

All I'm saying is, lifting is not important to me anymore.
I have other priorities, although fitness is still one of them, getting jacked is not something that really has any value to me.
Like I said, I enjoy a 20 mile ride after work, and occasionally hit the gym to keep my joints feeling good, and maintain a base level of strength.
I guess I have it sort of easy being 6'3, girls will mire regardless of how much muscle I have, as long as I stay lean and maintain decent facial aesthetics.

But I have other hobbies to fill the time in. Now, when I get off work, I take ride my 20 miles out, and head home.
I might pick up a book, or run through a few advanced photoshop/after effects tutorials.
Sometimes I like to just go out an have a beer with mates after my bike.
Other times I smash a sloot and have a nice dinner, watch a movie, whatever.

But never do I come home now and say "I can't wait to go lift shit for an hour or two,
I'll be so jacked it will be awesome" because, quite honestly, being jacked doesn't really mean chit. As long as you stay in shape, of course, being fat is lame.

To be honest, now when I see guys who are jacked, I can't help but think they are making up for something.
I know I started lifting to boost my confidence levels, but now I've achieved that confidence, and my body has nothing to do with it anymore.

>mfw the HEIGHT, FACE, FRAME meme has evolved

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>uscles are not needed, especially in today's society
youtube.com/watch?v=MysH2LQCzqM

Also
>bodybuilding
>for strength

I didn't even bother reading all this, fuck off and stop shitting up the board if you don't care for the lifestyle.

LOL at you.
It appears as though you've read me like a book. I'm assuming you know my blood type, as well?
I've been lifting for 8 years.

Yet another example of the peanut brain syndrome I was talking about, all of you guys are so douchey and condescending, if someone doesn't lift, or decides that they don't' want to lift anymore they're "lazy", they "give up easy", they're going to be "fat". Uh huh...

if you think you'll still have a bmi of 25 without lifting you may want to rethink that.

I have not seen this in such a long time. I remember I actually got mad the first time I saw it about 8 years ago because I was such a loser. Now I would be able to handle it if John approached me like this in real life in front of other people. Makes me feel a bit warm inside.

jej I remember believing that pasta almost a decade ago when I was just a kid.

>lifting takes up too much time
>shit posts on Veeky Forums instead

How would having muscles have helped stopping someone with a knife stabbing you repeatedly?

The more you bleed in peace, the less you die in war

>2016
>not doing whatever the fuck you want but still lifting on the side

it's not black and white you autismal faggots. You don't have to go 100% hard on lifting all the time. Enjoy your life. Want to have some drinks? go for it. Want to sleep in? do it.

If you let going to the gym control your life you're an obsessive cunt who will never make it anyway. So what if you don't make gains every week? After several years of lifting you should be able to maintain a decent physique and some good stats even doing fuck all with your diet.

You clearly don't know what "bodybuilding" is then.

Bodybuilding is about being obsessive compulsive.
There's nothing Moderate about working about 5-7 days a week, or meticulously counting EVERY calorie you're in taking, or waking up at 5am doing your cardio before classes/work.

If you've been "bodybuilding" in moderation, then I have some bad news for you...You're doing it wrong.

alright. listen here, you autist.
>never do I come home now and say I can't wait to go lift shit for an hour or two
because you never liked lifting in the first place. to you it was only the means to an end.
>when I see guys who are jacked, I can't help but think they are making up for something
maybe, unlike you, they actually enjoy lifting? have you ever thought about that? just because you hate it doesn't mean everyone hates it and is just doing it to attract women.
not liking lifting does not take away from your personality. not getting that other people might be different from you does.

>how would being strong keep the guy you're locked up with from overpowering you and stabbing you?

HURRR DURRRR HURRRRRRR

OP you at least need to consider the science behind lifting. Please at least read this article

"You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. I wager you couldn't empty a boot of excrement were the instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.
You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs. You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus.
And what meaning do you expect your delusional self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have to us who think and reason? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake? You are a waste of flesh.
You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed , drooling meatslapper. You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0022430/

I just wanna get toned

lol muscles don't mean shit unless you know how to fight and self defense

nice blogpost

>muscles don't mean shit when another person is physically pushing against you
This isn't anime faggot. You're secret dick sucking no jutsu isn't going to let you over power jamal.

op is the fat dyel faggots who think "hey I'm gonna change my life :) " and buy the most expensive gym membership, the most expensive home gym gear and the most expensive supps then realises that he's too weakminded to get results after 2 months lmao

bitch sell me your gym equipment and your supps

Are you literally arguing that strength doesn't matter when wrestling around with another person?

I've been lifting for 8 years.

>implying your 5 plate deadlift will help you in a life and death situation

>jamal approaches me
>I put on my blindfold and wave him to come at me
>he beats me to a pulp
>it wasn't because of his muscles though
>as he takes my wallet and leaves I mutter 'nothing personell, kid' under my breath
>he doesn't even know my wallet is as empty inside as I am

I didn't say knowing how to do compound movements will help you in a life or death situation. You know what will? Being strong. How fucking stupid are you? You can't even follow an argument.

That skill sure does help too huh. Check out this excellent video of a guy with lots of technical skill vs a fat retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=lYsmS3Ji6og

Me too

YOU DIDN'T DO THE HAND SIGNS FIRST BRO

>I have been casually going to the gym on and off doing some curls for about 8 years but I still didn't get laid so I stopped
fixed that for you :)

Peace brah. We don't want the likes of you lifting.

Neither of them are fat

Okay. Bye.

This is a perfect example of why I'm removing myself from the cult "life style", most of you guys are peanut brains, and are rude as hell for no darned reason.

Diaz is a skinny fat piece of meat. His Home J. Simpson strategy went off without a hitch.

Did you roid?

>starting a thread on a lifting forum about how everyone who lifts it is an overcompensating NEET moron who's just in it for the girls
>gets shit on
>waaaah why are you guys so mean?!
you're an actual autist, aren't you?

I'm missing out on job opportunities because I'm just not big (5'11" 170lbs), that's what its come to. I'm not a very smart or emotionally stable man, that much I can admit. What I have done is taken care of myself and stayed busy with work, I never took to school because I'm afraid of the commitment and I get really frustrated when I'm not good at something (this is really self defeating when I'm trying to learn something new). Basically I worked as a dishwasher and custodian for the first three years of my adulthood, I wasn't great at it but I showed up and took on ridiculous hours to pay the bills. It was a great favor by the owner and his sons, but I squandered that opportunity because I hated the regulars at the bars. I then got into a temp company that put me in a distribution center, worked a couple months, then got hired on. Now a couple years have gone by, I'm certified on a few machines, and I've started to look at places that pay more. Its alright pay, but I see places that start off with 70% more than I make now. I applied at one, took a written test, and interviewed with three supervisors. The very first one's opening comment was "I see you work at [DC's Name], we don't have much luck with their guys", and then the rest of the interview boiled down to how physical and fast paced the job was. Even though I name dropped some big and productive dudes from my job site who now worked there, he went on to say that they struggled their first few months to hit the quota. I've worked at Fedex and thrown home gym sets, tire bundles, doors, cabinets, and I've worked double between two full time jobs for months on end, it's never been a problem, but people just see me and assume that because I'm under 200lbs that I cannot handle lifting 75+lbs in a fast paced environment. Hardest part about getting bigger for me is the shitting, the more I eat the bigger bowel movements I have. Really throws me off when I eat like 4 scoops a day on top of my normal meals.

Well it's p obvious that muscles are useless relative to being smart, having social skills, etc. Unless you live in a 3rd world shithole or aspire to be a pro athlete, you don't really need to be strong. I must say that I was never picked on in school, so I don't have the weird violent fantasies about getting mugged and beating up my attacker. If you do some kind of manual labor then fair enough, nothing wrong with that senpai.

In the vast majority of fields there is no edge to be gained from being ripped over anything else (other than being a fat piece of shit). So it's a bit silly when people spout "bla bla being strong is important" when they're some undergrad from a middle class background who will end up doing some programming job. Yeah okay you read "Sun and Steel" but you probably took it a bit too seriously.

With that being said, lifting is still worthwhile as a hobby. I think that most things that make you multifaceted are p cool to do. To be interesting to need to be two-dimensional at least (just like you're waifu). Face it, nobody cares if you excel at something if it's the only thing that you do, just like nobody is impressed by the guy who studies 24/7 to get good grades. However, if that guy also happens to be great at something else, then yeah it's p cool. Same with lifting, if you're super ripped but all you do is lift, eat and sleep, then it's kinda boring. You need more in your life.

Blah, blah, blah. Bodybuilding is retarded. Nobody cares and it's all in vain. Being in great shape is what matters, not trying to impress people with muh roided out physique. Congratz OP, now kill yourself faggot.

OP hit a nerve for you didn't he you little pole smoker?

I'll bet anything you're a Manlet, haves below average penis size, and your dad didn't love you. But I'm sure you're just working out because you enjoy it so much.

Yea but OP is partially right. There are some funny people on this board and some of them probably actually lift. The majority of posters are whiny egotistical faggots who never played sports as a kid and failed to learn how to socialize normally.

Natural lifting for 8 years

Hey dudes,

My name is Jack, and I like every single one of you. All of you are cool, witty, funny guys who spend your free time of their day looking at funny pictures and macros. You are the sense of humor that lacks in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any hate mail? I mean, I’m sure it’s fun making fun of people because you are so witty, but you all take it to a whole new level. This is even more awesome than stand up comedy.

Don’t be a stranger. Just laugh with me too. I’m pretty cool. I was editor of my school newspaper and started my own detective agency. What funny activities do you do, other than “having fun to awesome drawn Japanese anime”? I also live with my mother and have a modest friend who is a girl. (She just taught me calculus; Stuff was SO complicated) You are all awesome who should gather at a big party. Thank you for listening to me.

Pic Related: It’s me and my female friend.

Well I am coming out of a lenghty period of depression right now, started to work out a couple of weeks ago. I have this feeling that as soon as I get back in shape EVERYTHING's going to be alright.
The confidence boost is so so real.

You forgot to add something OP.

>HEIGHT FACE AND FRAME MOTHERFUCKER

Yeah except I'm 100% serious

Brah let me make this simple for you.

>We dont care

We gonna keep lifting, you typed out all this shit for nothing. I dont even understand you. All this hate about lifting.
We dont lift so we can be " fokin zeeez brahhh" one day.
Some people actually enjoy lifting, its a hobby for a lot of people.

So shut your damn mouth trap you autist, it has been a long time since i've read so much unrelevant bullshit in a single thread.

>inb4 OP is that autistic HEIGHT FACE FRAME guy

The equilibrium has been reestablished.

One less faggot in the gym taking up my bench or squat rack.... also more pussy for me

Jokes on you, I lift to cope with my depression and suicidal thoughts.

And it's working like a charm! I'm probably on the top 5% of Veeky Forums
>still no gf tho

This.

What's your opinion on lifting to improve your mental health and overall physical well-being? Sure you could play team sports or something but why do thay when you can see the results and can get stronger

>all these mad comments
Holy shit OP rustled your jimmies hard

thats why i only train ~4 hours a week so i am proud when i look into the mirror while eating everything i want when i want.

Nice Greg
When's your new video coming out?

I would eat this pasta but I am cutting atm.

Stay fat fag.

Fitness is just one area of self-improvement.

People put too much emphasis on this area though. Why spend 20 hours a week at the gym when you could put 3 of those towards improving your emotional intelligence, 3 to improving your cooking skills, 3 to improving your budgeting, 10 to getting a new qualification?

>anime

Get off my board you weeaboo faggot

Post body

You don't have to be obsessed as fuck about it. It's an hour or so 3-5 days a week just push yourself in there and eat healthy. If you feel like you're fat you eat less and if you want to get bigger you eat more idk why you guys seem to think an employer wouldn't choose a professional acting muscular male/female versus an average looking one. Yeah if you look ugly as fuck you'll have a harder time, but you'd have an even harder time if you were ugly as fuck and skinny fat the people waking up early as fuck to do cardio etc is because that's the most convenient time for them and they're dieting for their careers and going to compete in shows. A sane intellectual person really can't justify not lifting weights with any reason because they all are just stupid and fall apart

This isn't you in the photo, why don't you post a picture of your body since you're so confident but this is a bait thread and you're a skinny crybaby who stalled on your 135lb bench gtfo, bye

>>>/misc/

Option 1: OP is trolling.
Option 2: OP is a fat, and is taking his hate out on the "Chads".
Option 3: OP is sincere and is a faggot

Personally I think he's a fat.

damn I give you 3/10 but looks like your bait worked wonders!

>I know I started lifting to boost my confidence levels, but now I've achieved that confidence, and my body has nothing to do with it anymore.

>my body has nothing to do with it

Oh boy! You are in for a wake up call!

Thats David Laid faggot and hes a "powerlifter"

Well said.

Staying in shape with some cardio and lifting is great.

But musclebound body building is retarded. Not one person gives a fuck about your huge muscles.

Do what you enjoy, senpai. I genuinely enjoy lifting. As an ex obese fatass I like being able to look at myself in the mirror and not be disgusted, but I sit at about 15% because I enjoy the odd Indian takeaway and pizza.

Gotta be option 1 senpai

have fun dying early OP

Underated post
We're all going to make it in our own way brethren

>not one person gives a fuck about your huge muscles.

Ok keep telling yourself that kid

Since when did /b/ start leaking over here? Obviously you don't even lift since you don't understand how enjoyable it actually is. And apparently you don't have any fitness experience because if you did you would understand "runners high". Go back to playing video games faggot

source on the guy in the OP? i've seen some of his other stuff before i think

>especially in today's society where the intellect [...] reigns supreme

>have fun dying early OP

David Laid

Natty teen powerlifter

Well, you are right, but trying to argue with 15yo kids here is waste of time, even hollywood stars or pro athletics lift and roid only when they have to.

Kid here thinks that whole world is run by 30-50yo ripped swole guys.

Kids here thinks that at age of 30 when they will have job, wife and kids after 8h at work + time wasted on commute they will hit gym instead back to home and eat with family

lel

If you were lucky with genes (aesthetic face, height + wide frame) you are set. No need wasting time on getting swole if you enjoy climbing/swimming/football more

so a guy gets into bodybuilding for hollow empty reasons and then when he realizes this emptiness he blames bodybuilding and not the void in himself