How do you find inner peace?

How do you find inner peace?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IDqxgU7CbIw
integrateddaniel.info/book/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130819185302.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150309174507.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/01/150121093544.htm
healthland.time.com/2011/06/16/magic-mushrooms-can-improve-psychological-health-long-term/
youtube.com/watch?v=bEl6_pRK4-w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Relaxation_Response
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Being healthy. Listen to some Alan Watts on zen.

Progressive overload with meditation

Meditating is like lifting for the emotional body.

I watch anime.

>Alan Watts

you know some of his shit is kinda woo-wooish but I really dig Alan Watts

youtube.com/watch?v=IDqxgU7CbIw

do some lsd, go through ego death, feel serenity and bliss you didn't think was possible.

yeah, his presentations on zen are mostly what I like him for. I don't listen to all of his stuff. I'm kinda beyond needing anymore now thankfully.

Suicide

This.

Or if you can't get drugs. Just put yourself through a series of tests. If you pass you get a good ego boost, if you fail you'll find out exactly just how small you are in the grand schemes of things, have a good cry, and accept it. Reaching a newfound clarity that'll help you move ahead in your life.

When I did LSD my mind was completely normal but I saw amazing things. It was completely visual for me. I don't know how people get this ego death thing.

Lsd is great, it you won't get gains anywhere near as integrated as meditation can give you.

If everyone here meditated as much as they lifted, there would be no more feel threads, and the tfwnogf thread would be gone as well, due to anons getting massive gains in self love which greatly increases ones general magnetism

This

And choose something or somethings to constantly improve at, like art, for instance, or writing. Woodwork. A martial art. Unicycling. Whatever.

It's just luck man. You gotta be in a good head-space. Also make sure you're not taking 25i. Though if your mind is completely normal at a normal dose maybe you should up it a bit?

tons of shit out there that isn't actually LSD but claims to be

can you recommend a book or youtube video that teaches you how to meditate properly?

If you want a Buddhist viewpoint, this is the best book I have found fampai. Just download the link
integrateddaniel.info/book/

This

Psychedelics can bring inner peace.

>sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130819185302.htm
>LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems, analysis suggests

>sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150309174507.htm
>Psychedelic drug use could reduce psychological distress, suicidal thinking, study suggests

>sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/01/150121093544.htm
>Classic psychedelic use protective with regard to psychological distress and suicidality

>healthland.time.com/2011/06/16/magic-mushrooms-can-improve-psychological-health-long-term/
>Fourteen months after participating in the study, 94% of those who received the drug said the experiment was one of the top five most meaningful experiences of their lives; 39% said it was the single most meaningful experience.

Critically, however, the participants themselves were not the only ones who saw the benefit from the insights they gained: their friends, family member and colleagues also reported that the psilocybin experience had made the participants calmer, happier and kinder.

cheers bro

Try a guided meditation video or two to get the feel of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bEl6_pRK4-w

>inb4 gay as fuck
Just do it.

The visuals were so pure and the feeling of euphoria was so good. I've had bad stuff before that gave me a grimy, paranoid feeling.
so I think my first time was the real deal. but I don't know for sure.

this is a more western orientated book on meditation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Relaxation_Response

did the tab have any taste? if it did it wasn't lsd

does acid count?

I've noticed that the first time I experienced ego death was when I tripped alone and didn't do anything to distract myself. I kinda just let my mind wander off into all these crazy thoughts until it got into the subject of who I am and what my purpose is. That's where things got...knocked into 12th gear.

So try that OP, trip and !meditate.

Nope.

I personally attempted Louis ck's method of surviving through failure. There's something extremely liberating about legitimately putting everything you have into doing your honest to God best at something you deeply care about and sacrifice a lot for, only to fail catastrophically and discover the harsh objective truth that even at your best, you're a failure and disappointment... and then surviving that, picking yourself back up, and trying again.

Once you hit true rock bottom - as in you lose everything you had depended on to supply you with worth such as your race, education, height, "intelligence", friends, work, etc. - you either kill yourself and end your struggle, or you dig deeper and discover a peace and strength within you couldn't have possibly guessed existed.

You don't achieve the oneness you'd feel with lsd with this method, though. If anything, the failure method highlights the cosmic loneliness of your existence to your ego.

interesting

Stop looking for it. The looking implies the absence. There is nothing to be realized.

Lot of people need LSD to realize how true this really is.

The true Buddha path is to be sober and meditate.

I wonder what y'all think about microdosing? I've heard meditating on a microdose is wonderful.

where2get

acceptance.

I've never done LSD, and I've never followed the Buddha path. I listened to 10 hours of Alan Watts and he just said that and it was true as hell.

I think the western conception that "you have to work hard for anything worthwhile" is only true for conventional things like work, and farming, and relationships.

But for spiritual things you can just have a simple realization, like I did, driving my car listening to an .mp3

Alcoholism, weed, and skipping half of my classes

When you free yourself from earthly pleasures.