youtube.com/watch?v=-0t_hCzUgvM
youtube.com/watch?v=6ssG3e4ifsY
strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-stats-adjustments/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1RM's in Kg

Squat: 160
Deadlift: 160
Bench: 87.5

Obviously some imbalances, should I focus on my bench first or my deadlift? I'm doing jonnie canditos 6 week program at the moment which is super squat centric. I was thinking of doing Smovlov Jr. for bench afterwards and then figure out something for my deadlift

>should I focus on my bench first or my deadlift?

Why not both?

>I was thinking of doing Smovlov Jr. for bench afterwards and then figure out something for my deadlift

Have you tried Sheiko?
You could also build something out using Nuckol's templates, though his programs are not my favourite ones for the squat.

There are tons of links here fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

ps: smolov jr. is probably not a good idea.

How's mine

>Push
Bench3x5
OHP3x5
Incline bench3x5
Dip3x5
Lat raises 3x8-12
Skullcrushers 3x8

>Pull
Deadlift1x5
Row3x5
Weighted pull up 3x5
Facepull 3x8
BBcurl3x8
Hammer curl 3x8

Do ab work after every workout, leg day is just squats and sometimes move deadlifts there

I'm running an Arnold split variant

ABCABCx

A: Chest/Back

Incline DP BP 4x12
Pulldowns 4x12

DB BP 3x12
superset with
Bent over DB row 3x12

Flies 3x12
Superset with
Seated cable row 3x15

Close grip pulldown 3xF
Superset with
T bar row 3xF

B: Lats/Shoulders/Arms

Military press 3x12
Front raise (DB) 3x12
Lat raises 3x12
Front raise (plate) 3x12

Curls 3x12
Superset with
Skullcrushers 3x12

Concentration curl 3x12
Superset with
French press 3x12

C: Legs

Squats 3x12
Stiff legged deadlifts 3x15
Calf raises 3x12
Leg curls 3x12

Can anyone recommend a good 3 day split (AxBxAxx/BxAxBxx)

Sadly, I'm only able to lift twice a week.

AxxBxxx

All 3-4 sets of 5

A
Squats
Dips
Pull ups

B
Deadlift
OHP

I want the "if you roid you turn into a fitness model after 6 months" meme to end...

Do you really think that there is nothing you can learn from those who have 10+ years of lifting experience and look like that guy? Have you ever lifted 200lbs in any manner whatsoever Trappy? Have you ever weighed over 150lbs?

The single dimensionality of your advice is ridiculous. The 5 people you reference exclusively can't possibly know everything there is to know about training and can't be the answer to every training goal.

What do you tell someone who wants to look like the physique model in pic related to do?

What's your goals? Stats? Time lifting?

I was looking on the SS youtube page and noticed rippetoe has a bunch of videos on accessory movements.

youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I
youtube.com/watch?v=-0t_hCzUgvM
youtube.com/watch?v=6ssG3e4ifsY

How do I incorporate these movements (and any other good ones I've missed) into my vanilla SS routine.

Quite a lot of those guys have ten years lifting experience... and nine years eleven months of it is juiced to the gills. Run enough for long enough and train hard enough... you can get some insane results even if your level of nutritional or training knowledge is "egg yolks have too many carbs" tier.

Currently bulking, trying to get as close to a clean bulk as possible. (add mass w/o adding fat). I have been doing volume lifts so my stats are low but: Deadlift 275lbs, Squat 295lbs, Bench 165lbs, OHP 80lbs. I'm 6'0" and 195lbs.

Have 2 different Push days and 2 separate Pull days. That shit looks debilitating to do, especially if you are doing it twice per week.

Push 1: A
3x5 Front Squat or Back Squat
3x5 OHP
3x5 Weighted Dips

Pull 1: B
3x5 Weighted Chin-ups / Pull-ups
3x5 Row
3x5 RDL / Glute-Ham Raise

Push 2: C
3x5 Bench
3x8 Incline Bench
3x10 Skullcrusher
3x12 Lateral Raises

Pull 2: D
3x3 Power Clean (as a warm-up for your DL)
1x5 Deadlift
3x8 BB Curl or Hammer Curl
3x12 Face Pull

ABxCDxx

If you are trying to add size specifically and are eating at a surplus I would go with:

A: Chest / Triceps
B: Back / Biceps
C: Shoulders / Legs

I would do this twice per week for maximal progress, but if you want do train only 3 days per week because it's all your schedule permits then that's fine as well.

Your lifts are also as such that you should still see strength gains if you are recovering adequately and pushing yourself.

A:
5x5 Bench Press
3x8 Incline BB BP, Incline DB BP, or Flat DB BP (alternating)
3x5-10 Parallel Bar Dips or CGBP (alternating)
3x5-10 Skullcrusher or DB Extension variation

B:
5x5 Pendlay Row or Yates Row(Preference)
5x5 Weighted Chin-ups / Pull-ups (alternating)
3x10 Machine Row / DB Row (alternating)
3x15 Face Pull
3x8 DB Hammer Curl / BB Curl (alternating)
2x12 Concentration Curl or Reverse Curl (alternating)

C:
1x5 Deadlift / 5x5 Back Squat (alternating)
3x5 Front Squat / RDL (alternating)
5x5 OHP
3x15 Lateral Raises
Direct Trap work (optional)
Calf work (optional)

Try increasing weight every 3rd cycle of ABC.

ABCxABCx repeat (recommended)

or

AxBxCxx
AxBxCxx

Reminder that if you take advice from a mentally ill crossdresser who squats 120 lbs and has been debunked by /plg/ multiple times, you're not going to make it.

If you seriously think that if that mother fucker magically looks like that after 10 years because he just works out and takes steroids I would love to hear the mental gymnastics that go through your head to justify why you look like shit as a natural...

No problem bro

>ps: smolov jr. is probably not a good idea.
Why?

You seem to know a fair bit about anatomy and physiology trappy. What are you studying?

Alternating each set?

Magical? No, it still requires you to put in the work.

But a good knowledge of the drug usage can cover all sorts of flaws elsewhere (that egg thing was an actual quote from an IFBB physique pro), as can blundering in to effective diet/training ideas without actually knowing why they work. Unfortunately its also how you end up with guys running way more than they actually need.

Each workout

>has been debunked by /plg/ multiple times

sean_dreaming.jpg

Kek, you're making too many assumptions about me. I didn't write any of the posts in the pic, I just found it funny.

Besides, it's been shown multiple times that the guy in the pic, whoever he is, only really looks like that because of photoshop.

>The single dimensionality of your advice is ridiculous

What single dimensionality

>The 5 people you reference exclusively can't possibly know everything there is to know about training

I can cite a lot more than 5 references off the top of my head
I would spend the entire day here though.

>can't be the answer to every training goal

I mean, I'm probably the person who says "customise" and "according to your goals" the most on Veeky Forums.

>What do you tell someone who wants to look like the physique model in pic related to do?

Do something fun you enjoy doing, have a good diet that allows you to stay in that bf% range, get a very good barber/hair stylist, tan, be old, get cool glasses.
At that point, if your goal is simply to grow muscle mass, all you need is consistency with training.

fitsticky.com/novice-programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

Read the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Here's my suggestion. %s are from your 5RM.

A
Bench 3x5 +1-2kg
OHP 5x5 using 80-90%
DB Incline Bench 3x6-8
Lateral Raises 3x8-12

B
Squat 3x5 +2kg
Weighted Chinup 3x5 +1-2kg
Deadlift 3x5 using 75-85%
Barbell Curl 3x6-8
DB Supinating Curl 3x8-12

x

C
OHP 3x5 +1kg
Bench 3x5 using 80-90% + Spoto Bench 2x5 (2-4s pauses) using 70-75%
Dip 3x6-8
Lateral Raises 3x8-12

D
Deadlift 1x5 +2kg
Squat 4x5 using 80-90% + Paused Squat 1x5 (3-5s pauses) using 65-75%
Bodyweight Chinup 3xF
Cable Rows 3x6-8
Hammer Curl 3x8-12

x

x

What do you think about 5/3/1 Boring but big, trappy-senpai?

5/3/1 is by all measures the pinnacle of intermediate to advanced programs for general population lifters.

BBB is probably the most popular variation next to the triumvirate and the best fit for someone who wants equal emphasis of strength and size gains.

Doing PPL, when / what to do for abs?

>implying the big 4 do abs enough on their own

Pick 1 quality non-meme ab exercise and actually train it for 3 to 5 sets at the end of your workout.

Push:
Hanging Leg Raises (toes to bar)

Pull:
High TUT 45° Decline Sit-ups
Or
Ab Wheel Rollout

Legs:
High TUT 45° Russian Twists

Also Unilateral farmers walks with half bodyweight in one hand is god tier for obliques

Smolov Jr is for advanced lifter and you will get most of it once you have higher lifts and you have stalled even with a focused program on them, I would recommend to do as trappy said and do some program that focus more on bench and DL and less on squat since you clearly said that C6W is squat focused, if you find you can't advance your BP and DL even with another program I would go for Smolov Jr.

It's just kind of an extreme solution, and can lead to many issues with form, fatigue accumulation, and even injuries (specially inflammation of tendons).

Of course, it's not the end of the world though, if you're used to high volume training and have good form when benching (very important, or you can quickly develop rotator cuff injuries), and do some stuff to keep your biceps tendons from inflaming, you'll be fine.

As I said though, I highly recommend you start with something like Sheiko (very high benching volume) first instead. Specially because that's gonna help you develop better form (lots of work with lower %s) and get used to high volume training.

Smolov jr. can be something you consider later down the line.

I don't even recall exactly what the details of BBB are. Would check but it's 4am and I really need to sleep. But 5/3/1 in general is okay for an intermediate lifter, and if you customise it - don't fall for the "only squat, bench, press, and deadlift once per week with each" meme, do lighter squats on the heavy deadlift days, light bench on the heavy press days, and so on.

Medschool. Which reminds me I HAVE TO get to sleep now.
Gnight

Thanks m8

M = chest shoulders triceps
T = back biceps
W = legs
Th = chest shoulders triceps
F = back biceps
Any good? Ive only been lifting for couple weeks

How good is this workout?

I was thinking about increasing the number of days to ABxABxx

My weekly routine (for now, I adjust things depending on the amount of doms and gains I a getting).

Ideal week: ABxxABx

A:
BB Bench
6X6 reps 245 lbs
DB Flat Flies
5X10 reps
(DB weight increases in minor increments)

T-Bar Rows
2 plates for 15-20 reps
2.5 plate 12-15 reps
3 plate two sets 12-15 reps
3.5 plate two sets 10-12 reps
4 plates 10 reps
5 plates 8-10 reps

Overhead machine (switching back to BB on a couple weeks)
2 plates each side 15 reps
3 plates two sets, 12-15 reps
3.5 plates two sets 10-12 reps
4 plates 8-10 reps
4.5 plates 6-8 reps
5 plates 4-6 reps
(Further sets if energy)

Hack squats machine (squats on hiatus until injury heals)
2 plates 15-20 reps
2.5 plates 2 sets 12-15 reps
3 plates 2 sets 10-12 reps
3.5 plates 8-10 reps
4 plates 6-8 reps
4.5 plates 5-6 reps
(may be variable)

B:
BB shrugs (Weight increases by the set)
30 reps two sets
25 reps two sets
20 reps four sets

Curls (Alternates)(weight increases by sets)
Cable (B)
15 reps 2 sets
12 reps 2 sets
10 reps 4 sets

DB Curls, Can be hammer or regular (will alternate to this on second B)
15 reps 2 sets
12 reps 2 sets
10 reps 2 sets

Triceps machine (switching to weighted dips in a week, this is temporary)
30 reps one set
25 reps one set
20 reps 2 sets
18 reps 2 sets
15 reps 2 sets
10 reps 2 sets

Weighted calf raises (weights held to work forearms)
30 reps two sets
25-30 reps four sets
20 reps two sets
Glutes abduction machine
(see triceps rep scheme)

Quad raises machine (weight increases incrementally)
30 reps 2 sets
25 reps 2 sets
20 reps 2 sets
18 reps 2 sets
15 reps 2 sets
10 reps 2 sets

C is not written, as its identical to B except that the curs change, as previously mentioned. Curls do change often.

Push M
Pull T
Rest W
Legs Th
Push F
Pull S
Rest S
Legs M

And so on.

Probably too much volume if it only been a few weeks. Cut out the Thursdays and Fridays and try out AxBxCxx.

Greyskull is pretty much the best novice LP method there. If you are also doing your 2 warm up sets at 50% and 70% of your working weight for 10 reps you gain the benefits quality hypertrophy work as a novice.

The accessory work is extremely solid on that variation. I'm more partial to skullcrushers instead of CGBP but if you find CGBP more effective then by all means do that.

I would just stick to AxBxCxx

Oi trappy

I'm French speaking/native and I would like to translate all the knowledge you wrote on your site in french.
Could be helpful to help lots of future French lifters and get you more traffic there, i think

Anyway if you're interested, mail me at [email protected], I'll try to respond you quick

Trappy, I've been doing 5/3/1 for my OHP. Hit 135 for 6. Felt pretty good about it. Strong PR for me. I finished out the wave. And didn't start another wave. I sort of just randomly pressed some heavy weight for a week or so after the PR wave ended, and my strength is just utter shit. Like, 135 for 2. Even with a light warmup.

I guess my question is, does periodization make you look stronger than you are? i.e. the strength is more temporary in nature? It wasn't just a bad day either. Happened 4 days later too. I was hoping to hit the 135 for at least five. Got 2.

It usually makes you look weaker than you are.

weird. nvm then.

>best novice LP method
what does LP stand for?
and does that mean I should switch from SL at 3x5 to greyskull?

could you share ur own pullup/chinup screen?

ive seen a couple of days back but didnt save it, it was a mistake (maybe i will need all of them considering this)

thx in advance

LP = Linear Progression

Standard 5x5 = 2 warm-up sets then 3 working sets all at 5 reps per set (Reg Park's 5x5, SL, SS all operate on this scheme)

Greyskull LP = 2 warm-up sets then 3 working sets. On the last working set you attempt as many reps as possible instead of just the 5.

Example:
Set 1 - 10 reps at 50% working weight
Set 2 - 10 reps at 70% working weight
Set 3 - 5 reps at 100% working weight
Set 4 - 5 reps at 100% working weight
Set 5 - as many reps as possible at 100% working weight

Greyskull gives you more quality volume on primary compound movements

I want to do DB accessories for bench and The Press. I think 3x8 or 4x8 seems reasonable volume for DB bench and shoulder press. How long should I rest tho? Pump them all out in quick succession or take plenty of rest and do heavier sets?

Picture unrelated.

I would just focus on quality of movement and rest around 60 to 90 seconds in between sets.

so there is very little difference between doing greyskull and just doing more reps on my last set doing SS?

This qualifies as pumping out for me since I rest 4-8 minutes between my barbell lifts.

More or less yes.

Main Differences:

1. You are not squatting every workout you are alternating with the deadlift and instead

2. There's no power cleans (SS) and rows and chinups are alternating (SL)

3. Final set is AMRAP

Well then pump away bro

which would you recommend?
I just hit 200lbs squat, 140lbs bench, 105lbs OHP so I went full 3x5 on SL

Greyskull all the way

Shit dude you said SL not SS, my bad. Pic is still related, but yes Greyskull is superior to SL as well.

well I also do accessories but I will probably change to
squat 2x a week
rows and chin ups
AMRAP
and the accessories in greyskull

Good luck bro

thanks for the help user

A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x12
OHP 3x12
Tricep Cable pulldowns

B
Romanian Deadlift 3x12
Dumbbell Row 3x12
Lat pulldowns 3x12
Cable Row 3x12
Hammer Curls 3x12

Ab wheel roll out and leg raises after every workout.

Anything else I can add? My chest is very lacking and my legs are overtrained so I wanna focus on my chest for this routine.

Stop giving advice you look awful

Incline dumbbell bench press and parallel bar dips

I'm on cut so I modified my assistance reps. Also, I want to hit My entire body in a smaller time frame.

A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Row 3x5
Barbell Shrugs 2x5
Barbell Curl 2x8
Lying triceps extension 2x8
Hyper Extensions 2x10
Cable Crunches 2x10

B
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell Curl 2x8
Close Grip Bench 2x8
Chin-ups 3xF
Cable Crunches 2x10

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

Also 30 minute cardio on rest days.

Generic internet novice program with added accessories/10
Will probably work for you but there's not really much to comment on. Don't go and change too much just because you're cutting.

What said, but I'd move it around a little so you're hitting flat bb bench hard with incline db for afters on one session, then heavy OHP supplemented with dips the next.

oh i'm sorry there seems to be a typo in my routine. It's actually:
A
Handstand squats 2x2x3
Helicopter Bench Press 1
Shit posting on Veeky Forums 9x1x1

B
tfw no gf x∞
Crippling depression 99x1

ABABABB

Hey guys, I would really appreciate help on my TM routine I want to start after SS

I split up volume day into separate squat and volume day so I have a day where I can focus on my chest as it is currently the worst looking part of my body.
My primary goal is still strength and if you think that my idea is stupid then please tell me. Basically I want to do a 4 day routine and focus on the 3 big lifts TM style while not neglecting my traps.

If you have some great alternatives I'd love to hear about them. I am well aware that my program may just be a jumbled mess.

Mirin that handwriting.

T-thanks

Disregard this, I added rows into A and put lat raises at the end of C

>Kek, you're making too many assumptions about me. I didn't write any of the posts in the pic, I just found it funny.
You cherry-picked a single post to create a meme, taking it out of context and emptying it of its meaning. It wasn't enough to shitpost for 50+ replies in the previous thread, right trappy?

what do you guys think about ICF 5x5 for a dyel 6'2 newbie?

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A
Low bar squat 3x5
Weighted dips 3x5
Pendlay rows 3x5
Chin ups 3x5

B
Low bar squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chin ups 3x5

Read the sticky is what I'm thinking.

Pick a starting routine, eat right and don't be a pussy. Done.

Do SL 5x5 before doing ICF. you want to understand the main lifts before moving onto that.

i dont think you should do the light day if you split up the volume day. id just split both the days up so you have upper/lower volume/intensity.

also when you split up the days most people have more variety but keep the volume nearly the same
so something like
lower volume
squat 3x5
RDL 3x5
(chins 3x5)

upper volume
bench 3x5
(chins 3x5)
ohp 3x5

or something similar

Noon question here. I'm doing SL, but I want to know how I can increase my bench, since its seriously lagging. I have kinda droopy pecs, so I was thinking of killing two birds with one stone and doing 3x8 incline bench after every session. Thoughts?

Also, best core exercise for juicy abs when I finally cut?

Thanks for the input, I was thinking along those lines the last hour.

Do you think splitting upTM is justified though? The main reason I'm doing it is because I wanna give my chest more attention and just be more active in general.

You're getting really angry over Trappy sharing an image that's pretty old. Want to talk about it, user?

S U I C I D E
U
I
C
I
D
E

Best exercise for abs: heavy as fuck squats and dead lifts, hanging leg raises as assistance

As a noob your best shot is to just keep benching heavy and not be a fag about it. It's tempting to add exercises at early stages but before you warm up bench with bodyweight you shouldn't think about that. Keep benching, eating right and deloading on stalls.

There's no context and meaning, the guy who posted that was shitposting his ass off.

Thanks user. I've ready got squats and deads on lock, but I'm having trouble with the leg raises, so I'm working my way up from knee raises.

As for the benching, I'll try to stay the course. But its really frustrating when everything goes up but bench, and I can't even do 5x5 of 1pl8 (tried today, didn't finish any of my sets. Lots of 4 and 3 rep sets).

That post has been both cherry-picked and edited; the context is completely against the laughed-at meme here. Read the previous thread. But you won't, right trappy? Some of the previous posts
The photoshopped post is and the context is , The image isn't "pretty old", it's a photoshop using an excerpt from a post from the last thread. I am not angry over nothing, I'm not the one creating strawmen memes.

>Best exercise for abs: heavy as fuck squats
I'd be wary of advising something like this to a self-proclaimed noob without looking at his level, and heavy as fuck squats for abs is kinda "flat belly tier" advice. Squats do work core too but it's best to target it separately before engaging "heavy as fuck" squats. Roman chair hyperextensions, roman chair side crunches, roman chair decline crunches and twist could be more commendable. And obviously crunches, planks, rotating planks and so on. Better target abs and core specifically, especially if you're a self-proclaimed noob.
Abs and core should really be targeted way before the cut, core is always essential.

You're not only stupid, but also autismo. Thanks for letting everyone know.

Your context just makes you look even worse familia.

How long have you been lifting, how's progression going, what's your bw and numbers, have you stalled and deloaded in anything yet?

Those accessories are good for more advanced novices and intermediate lifters. It's not something you should worry about if you are still fairly fresh to the main program.

It's good, but it's not meant to be ran as ABxABxx. There's a program for that on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Cool thanks for the offer, but the website is still too early in development to worry about translation. I'm still writing and changing stuff, and it's not feature-complete yet. But I'll keep your email saved here, I'll talk to you once everything is finished (don't expect it any time soon though, still a long way to go).

135kg? If lbs, then what I wrote beneath doesn't apply as much to you and you just have to get into a better program that will have you max out and handle heavier loads with higher frequency.

Yes, strength is very dependant on a lot of different factors once you're very strong and lift big numbers like that. Diet, sleep, fatigue you have accumulated, the amount of stress you've put in in the past few weeks (both too much and too little can affect your strength).

It doesn't mean you "lost" that strength, but simply that you haven't prepared yourself enough to display your best results again.

Keep in mind the program might just not be working well for you.

This is utterly wrong do not listen to that.

SS has 3x squat frequency and 3x floor pull frequency
GSLP has 2x squat and 1x floor pull
SS has you self-regulate the amount of weight you add, GSLP has you add fixed increases and just work with higher reps instead. This is specially important during deloads.

These are the main differences.

fitsticky.com/lifts
it's there

This picture is so full of memes.
ffs people I expect you to be more intelligent than this.

KEK

SL is bad
ICF is "polished" bad

Go on fitsticky.com/novice-programs instead, all programs there are handpicked, so just choose whichever you seem to like better and you'll be good.

You should read the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Seems good to me. Progression will eventually get harder during a cut, though, so keep that in mind.

As the other user said, you generally don't need a light day if you're doing a split.
Yes, splitting TM is a common choice. Rip details it a lot on PPST 3rd ed.
There are examples of splits on fitsticky.com/texas-method at the bottom of the page.

Switch to 3x5 (or even better, do a proper program fitsticky.com/starting-strength )
Read the "getting stuck and getting unstuck" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

You're a good memer, I like you.

I bet you didn't read a single thing still you eager to shitpost. You didn't read the three-pages article, nor a single thing outside of an excerpt. I highly recommend that article on the Critical Inquiry.
Thanks for your precious contribution and for letting everyone know about your shitpost capabilities.
>You're a good memer
You're the meme. You're badly re-iterating reddit stickies - and drawing erroneous conclusions on your half-assed attention whore blog - with little to zero references (i.e. on rep ranges).

This may be a stupid question, but is there a difference between a ULXULXX and UXLXULX split?

Realistically? No. Obviously the second option allows for more reasonable/cadenced recovering.

Kek I really like you. The reddit sticky part was 10/10

If you click on the link that leads you to the references on rep ranges, you'll see it's a big one. strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-stats-adjustments/

I've drawn slightly different conclusions than Nuckols at certain points, but the data we use is the same, and it's a pretty large pool of data. And not even talking about empirical evidence that reinforces the date, but on the studies alone.

It's 95% about what your schedule allows and what your personal preference is.
Yes there's a difference, but it's minor.

Could that routine be done with 1x5 on the main exercises?

>Yes there's a difference, but it's minor.
There's zero difference, there's at least 48 hrs between trainings targeting the same muscle groups in both scenarios.

Will no direct arm work be a detriment to physique.
Doing rows and chins for Late work
>on a cut

Yes, but UXLXULX has 96 hours between U1 and U2. Your upperbody will be 96 hours without working, and this can become detrimental for progression (it'll work a bit on L1, but depending on your level of advancement it might not be enough).

I'd recommend doing FxFxULx instead, or something similar, F being fullbody training.

For intensity? Yes of course.

Not detrimental, there's people with big arms out there who never anything but chinups and presses.
But if you're worried about your arms, then just do three or so sets of db supinating curls whenever.

Hi ive been training on brosplits with very high volume for about 2 and a half years and although i have made OK gains I feel that I am not progressing anywhere near as well as some people I see doing much easier routines so my question was can I now, after years of training on a 'steroid split' do something less intensive like the programs that you suggest and make muscle or strength gains or will my body just not respond because it is used to a higher workload? Thanks

what are your Lifts, bw, program etc.

70KG bw
100KG incline bench 160KG deadlift 100 squat (bad knees) 70 ohp
Program I was on until recently was basically on chest tris and shoulders then legs and back with about a 2 hour workout for chest tris shoulders and 2 and a half hours for back and legs

I know this isnt really a steroid split but with the amount of exercises and sets I was doing it seemed like it was

>can I now, after years of training on a 'steroid split' do something less intensive like the programs that you suggest and make muscle or strength gains or will my body just not respond because it is used to a higher workload?
Absolutely. In fact, your body will probably respond pretty well to a change'

>70KG bw
>100KG incline bench 160KG deadlift 100 squat (bad knees) 70 ohp
Program I was on until recently was basically on chest tris and shoulders then legs and back with about a 2 hour workout for chest tris shoulders and 2 and a half hours for back and legs

Those arent bad lifts, but your legs and back are lagging pretty far behind. (160 kg incline - 100 kg squat is woeful)
You probably would struggle to put weight on the bar on SS or SL as the progression is too quick, I would do Madcow, TM, or 5/3/1. (the latter being the slowest progression style).
However, most full-body splits are centered around squatting, so you are either gonna have to rehab your knees, or find an alternative to squatting.

So would moving onto something like 5/3/1 yield much visable gains or mainly just strength? Thanks for the help btw

>So would moving onto something like 5/3/1 yield much visable gains or mainly just strength?
5/3/1 is a slow but steady progression style. you'll absolutely gain strength if you do a few cycles of it. If you do the Big but boring template, there is quite a bit of hypertrophy work in it.

Frankly, I would be surprised if you didn't get bigger either. If you have been training for hypertrophy for two years, training for strength is gonna force your body to adapt.

>Thanks for the help btw
np familio

One way trip to no gains and eventually giving up entirely when no progress